why does it matter?

are the clients different?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #9682
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    why does it matter?

are the clients different?
    Yeah you can only play on US servers with a US retail version of the game, same with EU

which sucks, i'd play with you guys if i could
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #9683
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,520 Posts
    I have both versions.

Can I access my account on both or just one?

4. Post #9684
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #9685
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,627 Posts
    Turns out, I don't have pneumonia.
    Also my nose is bleeding, and my headset broke.

Suggestions for a new headset?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #9686
    CIPWTTKT's Resident Redneck™
    December 2009
    7,202 Posts
    All you need to do is change any instance of "US" in realmlist.wtf to EU and then have an EU account and you can get on no problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #9687
    December 2009
    8,698 Posts

Logitech G35 if you can find them on sale, They are pretty pricy otherwise. Great headset though. Comfortable and great sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #9688
    December 2009
    7,202 Posts

Don't buy a headset. Buy a pair of headphones and either a Zalman clip on or a modmic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #9689
    June 2010
    8,964 Posts
    I hate when people use headsets, I can always hear them breathing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #9690
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,627 Posts
    Don't buy a headset. Buy a pair of headphones and either a Zalman clip on or a modmic.
    I tried a setup like that years ago, picked up way too much background noise, I assume I was using a bad mic.
    I'll think about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #9691
    That Dog
    March 2009
    12,804 Posts
    I hate when people use headsets, I can always hear them breathing.
    Those people just don't know how to use push to talk, or are heavy mouth breathers (read: retarded)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #9692
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,345 Posts
    Those people just don't know how to use push to talk, or are heavy mouth breathers (read: retarded)
    I've never been able to breathe out my nose, I've had severe allergies since I was born and my nose has always been clogged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

13. Post #9693
    That Dog
    March 2009
    12,804 Posts
    Well now I feel terrible. :(

14. Post #9694
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,158 Posts
    A friend of mine has that problem with his mic. I think I piss him off more telling him about it every time then any sort of annoyance the mic breathing causes me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #9695
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #9696
    June 2010
    1,358 Posts
    All you need to do is change any instance of "US" in realmlist.wtf to EU and then have an EU account and you can get on no problem.
    I've tried that before, well the other way round, and could never get it to work. have you ever been successful in doing it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #9697
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,420 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

18. Post #9698
    June 2010
    8,964 Posts
    Old IE logo 2/10 would not laugh

Edited:

oshit I forgot this wasn't lmao pics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #9699
    I put a screwdriver in my peehole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #9700
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,596 Posts
    I put a screwdriver in my peehole.
    That post would have been funnier if you posted with IE.
    1/10 would not stab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #9701
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Sorry to interrupt... whatever this is, but my Windows installation is basically FUBAR so I want to format everything and start fresh, but I have about 200gb~ of files that I need to transfer before doing so. Here's the catch, though.

The only PC with enough space is my sister's, and the largest portable drive I have is 320GB. However, in the drive there's already 250gb+ of files, so I need a way to directly transfer the files from my PC to my sister's. Since I have a upload speed of 0.3mbps, uploading them to Dropbox / my FTP server / Google Drive / whatever will take at least a week or so. There's also my dad's PC (which is where this crap should be in the first place) but it only has 53gbs of free space.

I have two 500gb drives but they're divided between 5 different partitions (which is another reason I want to format), if that helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

22. Post #9702
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Ohhhh, so that's why they hid IE's toolbars, he kept shoving them in places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

23. Post #9703
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    IE10 is pretty rad, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

24. Post #9704
    December 2009
    7,202 Posts
    I hate getting called a computer genius because I can explain things...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #9705

April 2012
    66 Posts
    Sorry to interrupt... whatever this is, but my Windows installation is basically FUBAR so I want to format everything and start fresh, but I have about 200gb~ of files that I need to transfer before doing so. Here's the catch, though.

The only PC with enough space is my sister's, and the largest portable drive I have is 320GB. However, in the drive there's already 250gb+ of files, so I need a way to directly transfer the files from my PC to my sister's. Since I have a upload speed of 0.3mbps, uploading them to Dropbox / my FTP server / Google Drive / whatever will take at least a week or so. There's also my dad's PC (which is where this crap should be in the first place) but it only has 53gbs of free space.

I have two 500gb drives but they're divided between 5 different partitions (which is another reason I want to format), if that helps.
    Burn a linux disk and merge all the non operating system partions to one with an operating system on it.
    If you've got just one OS, then merge them all.
    Then put in your Windows disk you should get an Upgrade Advanced option or something along those lines, I'll check when I get home, install it onto your old Windows 7 partion, which will then reinstall windows, but leave your files in a folder called "Windows.old", from there you can take the files you need and delete the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #9706
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,247 Posts
    I would just merge some partions and keep one for OS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

27. Post #9707

April 2011
    4,465 Posts
    Microsoft has started advertising IE9 on TV in the UK for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #9708

April 2012
    66 Posts
    I would just merge some partions and keep one for OS.
    I reinstall windows every 6 months or so, just to reduse rubbish that builds up.

29. Post #9709
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    I reinstall windows every 6 months or so, just to reduse rubbish that builds up.
    Thats a user problem not an OS problem.
    It is very easy to keep on-top of your OS and keep it clean.
    Remove software after you are done, keep your files tidy, run crap-cleaner every once in a while.
    Its like buying more and more crap and never getting rid of the unused/old stuff, then complaining 6 months down the line when you can't walk through your own home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #9710
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,448 Posts
    I've never been able to breathe out my nose, I've had severe allergies since I was born and my nose has always been clogged.
    I physically cannot breathe through my nose, and never have
    It's not really that bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #9711
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,247 Posts
    How the fuck is that possible?

Meh, if you are not a heavy mouthbreather, then it is fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

32. Post #9712
    December 2009
    7,202 Posts
    Wow that was awesome. Step out of Microsoft Office to go get lunch. I get to the first vending machine area, wouldn't take my money. I go to the second by the cafeteria and notice that the doors for the food lines are closed. I quickly try that machine, it's the same as the other. They disabled them. I think for a second and realize we're about to have a fire drill...

Queue a 300+ lbs fat kid sprinting at full tilt down 5 hallways of the school to get back to class just as the alarm goes off. Well, I think I am under 300 lbs now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

33. Post #9713

April 2012
    66 Posts
    Thats a user problem not an OS problem.
    It is very easy to keep on-top of your OS and keep it clean.
    Remove software after you are done, keep your files tidy, run crap-cleaner every once in a while.
    Its like buying more and more crap and never getting rid of the unused/old stuff, then complaining 6 months down the line when you can't walk through your own home.
    Its perfectly useable, its just would prefer to have linux for my general use, but its being tricky and not letting me install it, so I'm stuck with Windows 7, constantly.
    Unlike on my past 3 rigs, where I had Windows 7 solely for games, and linux for anything else.

34. Post #9714
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Its perfectly useable, its just would prefer to have linux for my general use, but its being tricky and not letting me install it, so I'm stuck with Windows 7, constantly.
    Unlike on my past 3 rigs, where I had Windows 7 solely for games, and linux for anything else.
    What's the matter with the installer?

35. Post #9715
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    Ivy Bridge Laptop review: http://www.laptopreviews.com/hp-elit...shines-2012-04

Looks swell.

36. Post #9716

April 2012
    66 Posts
    What's the matter with the installer?
    Ehh, from my fairly limited linux knowlege, when its identifying all the stuff connected, it stops at a sata device.

I'll give you the full error when I get to my PC from work.

37. Post #9717
    August 2008
    14,596 Posts
    Gods dammit.
    Ivy Bridge is fucking awesome. I really expected a die shrink with a slight performance increase.
    BUT THAT THING OUTPERFORMS THE 2600K AT PCMARK 7.

Edited:

But not at Passmark, Close though. 1.8k off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #9718
    1 Dollar
    June 2005
    1,885 Posts
    I can't wait to purchase a new laptop at the end of the summer.
    Though at the cost they will come out at getting a sport bike will have to be delayed a few months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #9719
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,354 Posts
    Gods dammit.
    Ivy Bridge is fucking awesome. I really expected a die shrink with a slight performance increase.
    BUT THAT THING OUTPERFORMS THE 2600K AT PCMARK 7.

Edited:

But not at Passmark, Close though. 1.8k off.
    Where does it beat the i7 2600K? I only see laptops in that test. Granted, it's fast as tits, but I don't see the 2600K.

40. Post #9720
    August 2008
    14,596 Posts
    Where does it beat the i7 2600K? I only see laptops in that test. Granted, it's fast as tits, but I don't see the 2600K.
    I googled other results and compared to them.
    I also learned not to trust PCMark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events