1. Post #201
    September 2009
    6,741 Posts
    Remove all your addons, specially third person ones. Everything that touches CalcView doesn't fly with Tiramisu, due to the nature of the CalcView hook.

Otherwise, tell server owners to put ScriptEnforce on.
    Oddly enough, on the Conco server or whatever, everything worked fine (aside from my lacking the content pack made the models invisible), but it doesn't on the Boardwalk Arcade. In any case, i'll see if removing things like Customizable Weapons or such influences this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #202
    December 2010
    59 Posts
    Could you talk to me on Steam?
    Added ya.

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,219 Posts
    Could the linux bug be something to do with the inventory slots not reading properly? I think the reason lies behind the slots. The inventory itself works, but there is no slots at all making you have no slots in your inventory nor in any containers. When you click a weapon or item it says your inventory is full, so if you had slots in your inventory, it wouldn't be.

Edited:

This is rustling my jimmies.

4. Post #204

May 2006
    24 Posts
    Although I understand this requires a rewrite of the inventory and container system, I think something interesting to add would be a inventory system in which you are limited to the inventory of your pockets, backpack, etc all as separate inventories, and each item has a size - ie 2x2 or 3x3 or 1x2.

This could be toggleable!

Similar to Epidemic - http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=showimg&v=82350_1

5. Post #205
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,407 Posts
    Although I understand this requires a rewrite of the inventory and container system, I think something interesting to add would be a inventory system in which you are limited to the inventory of your pockets, backpack, etc all as separate inventories, and each item has a size - ie 2x2 or 3x3 or 1x2.

This could be toggleable!

Similar to Epidemic - http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=showimg&v=82350_1
    Already possible. You just have to set static inventory to false, make the inventory a fixed length. The count of items inside the containers won't affect the general item count of the inventory. If you turn on static inventories though, the inventory must have a fixed amount of items, and the items within containers count towards that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events

6. Post #206
    September 2009
    6,741 Posts
    Alright, one addon or another of the shit I removed did influence the CalcView, and now titles and thirdperson work properly. Pretty good stuff.

Found a bug, at least clientside, with said thirdperson, though; whenever you go from first-to-third, your head faces forwards. But if you were looking down in first and then go to third, your head goes back to facing forwards - but looking up from that, as it doesn't actually reset the angle you were facing, makes the head go beyond an angle it probably should. Hard to describe, but case in point:

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Waiting for a friend in the clinic, broadwalk arcade is awesome.

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,586 Posts
    hey guys, would anyone be interested in a space roleplay where the player faction is made up of europeans and asians under communist rule?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,407 Posts
    hey guys, would anyone be interested in a space roleplay where the player faction is made up of europeans and asians under communist rule?
    You just described EVE Online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,586 Posts
    except eve is like the opposite of true communism

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    264 Posts
    So.. how do we add our own weapon items to this, when I try to make my own..it shows up in the inventory but I cannot use it at all? I thought there was some kind of system that made them work for you easily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #212
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,232 Posts
    Scroll through your weapons (1-6) and it'll be there. You can just spawn weapons from the Q menu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    264 Posts
    That's what I was describing that they don't show up in the 1-6. Does the weapon need to be in swep form on the server already? I thought this script was supposed to turn the item into a weapon for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,219 Posts
    I tried as much shit as I could for the linux inventory bug. Yet I had absolutely no success except for the grey bar getting the right size, but no slots were in it. Soooo, I'll just wait for a fix as all my knowledge was useless. Good luck and I hope its fixed soon!

15. Post #215
    I wanted to try this out but the first server is total shit
    UI is okay but there's something wonky going on with the flashlight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events

16. Post #216

May 2006
    24 Posts
    Already possible. You just have to set static inventory to false, make the inventory a fixed length. The count of items inside the containers won't affect the general item count of the inventory. If you turn on static inventories though, the inventory must have a fixed amount of items, and the items within containers count towards that.
    But is there a mechanism for allowing items to take up more than one slot? I think that adding item fields - i.e. ITEM.SizeX and ITEM.SizeY that make each item take up more than one inventory slot (they would instead take up SizeX by SizeY slots) might be something that makes Tiramisu even better.

Something to consider. I'd consider coding it myself, but looking at this inventory system, adding those two parameters would be extremely difficult for someone who didn't code the system in the first place.

Edit:

Also, has anyone had issues with some of the eye textures not showing up?

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,576 Posts
    But is there a mechanism for allowing items to take up more than one slot? I think that adding item fields - i.e. ITEM.SizeX and ITEM.SizeY that make each item take up more than one inventory slot (they would instead take up SizeX by SizeY slots) might be something that makes Tiramisu even better.
    That would be nice, love when inventory systems actually take into account the size of items, instead of just the quantity of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

18. Post #218

May 2006
    24 Posts
    Also, do item flags currently work?

EDIT:

What I mean is, I understand that each item can have flags... for example:

ITEM.Name = "Police Helmet"
    ITEM.Class = "helmet_police"
    ITEM.Description = "Head protection. Possesses an embedded breather."
    ITEM.Model = "models/Police.mdl"
    ITEM.Purchaseable = false
    ITEM.Unusable = true
    ITEM.Price = 100
    ITEM.ItemGroup = 2
    ITEM.IsCombine = true
    ITEM.Flags = {
    	"overlay1",
    	"headprotection0.8"
    }
    ITEM.Content = {
    	"materials/models/police/metrocop_sheet.vmt",
    	"models/Police.mdl"
    }

function ITEM:Drop(ply)

end

function ITEM:Pickup(ply)

self:Remove()

end

function ITEM:UseItem(ply)

end

These flags - I understand that in items.lua, you have functions for determining if an item has those flags, but I can't find anywhere where they are implemented. This seems to have unlimited possibilities - the concept of toggling and overview when you put a helmet on, for example, is awesome, but I can't find anywhere the overlay flag is implemented.

19. Post #219
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,407 Posts
    That's what I was describing that they don't show up in the 1-6. Does the weapon need to be in swep form on the server already? I thought this script was supposed to turn the item into a weapon for you.
    No, you're not getting it, it's the other way around. It turns SWEPs you pick up into ITEMS.

Also, do item flags currently work?

EDIT:

What I mean is, I understand that each item can have flags... for example:

ITEM.Name = "Police Helmet"
    ITEM.Class = "helmet_police"
    ITEM.Description = "Head protection. Possesses an embedded breather."
    ITEM.Model = "models/Police.mdl"
    ITEM.Purchaseable = false
    ITEM.Unusable = true
    ITEM.Price = 100
    ITEM.ItemGroup = 2
    ITEM.IsCombine = true
    ITEM.Flags = {
    	"overlay1",
    	"headprotection0.8"
    }
    ITEM.Content = {
    	"materials/models/police/metrocop_sheet.vmt",
    	"models/Police.mdl"
    }

function ITEM:Drop(ply)

end

function ITEM:Pickup(ply)

self:Remove()

end

function ITEM:UseItem(ply)

end

These flags - I understand that in items.lua, you have functions for determining if an item has those flags, but I can't find anywhere where they are implemented. This seems to have unlimited possibilities - the concept of toggling and overview when you put a helmet on, for example, is awesome, but I can't find anywhere the overlay flag is implemented.
    That's a dated system. You could just add additional fields to the definition of the item, like I did with ITEM.IsCombine. Flags were an intent to keep it uniform, but they're really unnecessary specially since they are defined as strings.

20. Post #220

21. Post #221

May 2006
    24 Posts
    Gorgeous. The only thing better would be a size based inventory.

22. Post #222
    September 2009
    6,741 Posts
    Can't tell what this is; custom weapon holstered animations, world model weapons, or the quick inventory at the bottom of the screen?

23. Post #223
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,447 Posts
    hahahaha okay i was kind of unclear. it wasn't the hud.

Well those are just normal models, they aren't real animated world models, and I applied them with Lua :)

specifically i was asking about the model quality, but there is also a post processing effect on one of the pictures.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Are you like using the gear system to do this?

25. Post #225
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,447 Posts
    Are you like using the gear system to do this?
    no a modified version of realcs although i could

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    no a modified version of realcs although i could
    I've considered writing my own SWEP base that uses the gear system to allow you to use unrigged world models simple by specifying their position and angle.

27. Post #227
    July 2009
    568 Posts
    I've considered writing my own SWEP base that uses the gear system to allow you to use unrigged world models simple by specifying their position and angle.
    kinda underdone type of deal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,447 Posts
    yeah you should do it, so when you wield weapons but don't hold them out, they are on your back, and when out, on your hands.

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Any progress on the Linux fix?

30. Post #230
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,911 Posts
    I'm probabley being stupid or something but, My Anims.Police refuses to load the models from the Anims.Police models table in anim_tables.

Code:
    function meta:GetGender()

model = self:GetModel()
    	if table.HasValue( Anims.Female[ "models" ], model ) then
    		return "Female"
    	elseif table.HasValue( Anims.Male[ "models" ], model )then
    		return "Male"
        elseif table.HasValue( Anims.Police[ "models" ], model )then
    	    return "Police"
    	end

end
    Code:
    Anims.Police = {}
    	Anims.Police[ "models" ] = {																			
    		"models/Police.mdl",
    		"models/policn.mdl",
    		"models/barnen.md"

}
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    I'm probabley being stupid or something but, My Anims.Police refuses to load the models from the Anims.Police models table in anim_tables.

"models/policn.mdl",
    "models/barnen.md"
    theres your problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,219 Posts

Code:
    Anims.Police = {}
    	Anims.Police[ "models" ] = {																			
    		"models/Police.mdl",
    		"models/policn.mdl",
    		"models/barnen.md"

}
    barnen.md?
    policn.mdl?

You sure thats right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,911 Posts
    barnen.md?
    policn.mdl?

You sure thats right?
    They are custom models that are supposed to only use that set of animations, Unless i'm getting the whole idea of that table wrong.

I said that wrong, I want them models to use that set of animations not the Male and female tables.

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Uh, what file are you pulling this from? This isn't how that file is meant to work at all. ( I don't think )

35. Post #235
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    1,911 Posts
    Anim_tables.lua, I just made a new tables with anims.police and set the animations for each holdtype to the ones I want.

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Any progress on the Linux bug? I don't like the lack of info, as if it's not even being addressed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,219 Posts
    Any progress on the Linux bug? I don't like the lack of info, as if it's not even being addressed...
    I agree. I tried myself and got nowhere. Really bugging me considering tons of server run on Linux.

38. Post #238
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,407 Posts
    It's really hard to test for that Linux bug. I do have a Linux server, but debugging using it is just very very slow, since I have to upload new stuff, then restart the server, it's a much slower process than developing normally. Besides, it's a REALLY weird error that should really not be happening.

I'm still trying to fix it, be patient.

39. Post #239
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    207 Posts
    I have concluded that if you click any gun that is not a css wep then it will not make the item and if you remove the hl2 items for the hl2 guns then you still spawn with them and they are broken or something, it's weird.

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Sorry for being impatient, it's just a very amazing gamemode, but kinda sad how you see all your friends make their own servers while you're waiting in the dust.