1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    I like how they know it will "Take Japan By Storm This June" since those idiots will buy anything with a pokemon logo on it.
    Remove Japan and pokemon and you can apply the same formula to anything else with success.
    But I guess liking things you don't like makes one an idiot right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    May 2011
    5,098 Posts
    Holy fucking shit, it's like fusions between Zekrom/Reshiram and Kyurem.

That Zekrom one...
    all of my money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #43
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,034 Posts
    They looked much better than these mutant fucks:

those are interesting and certainly aren't any dumber than any other pokemon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,895 Posts
    Looks like they finally ran out of minerals and colours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    December 2009
    2,944 Posts
    I don't even recognize any of the new pokemons, I still feel the diamond ones look new.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    July 2010
    3,538 Posts
    ITT: I stopped playing pokemon so these games will be shit.

Get over yourselves. Play the games before you judge them.

OT: I'm mad because they aren't for the 3DS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    April 2008
    634 Posts
    If these actually continue the story from B/W fuck yeah I am buying them. Otherwise... eh. I never got Platinum or Emerald because they were just the same thing over again.

8. Post #48
    February 2010
    1,200 Posts
    OT: I'm mad because they aren't for the 3DS.
    I'm mad because they are never for anything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

9. Post #49
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,034 Posts
    If these actually continue the story from B/W fuck yeah I am buying them. Otherwise... eh. I never got Platinum or Emerald because they were just the same thing over again.
    every iteration of the pokemon series has new mechanics, areas, and monsters. they're definitely not the same thing every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    i want a nintendo ds

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts

Some really didn't
    Execute or whatever it was written and its evolution didn't look that exciting to me.
    Jigglypuff and cleafairy didn't neither, and many others didn't aswell.

It goes likes this IMO:
    1st gen was cool, but looked rather boring after the next 1 or 2 gens came out. Nice starters but only charmander was really cool, and the last ones were nice aswell, but not nearly cool enough.
    2nd gen was one of the best for me, second only (and thats actually a maybe) to 3rd gen. Really cool starters like cyndaquill and totodyle with awesome evolutions and awesome legendaries. Steelix deserves a note, as its one awesome evolution.
    3rd gen again was awesome, brought really cool pokemons, cool starters, cool legendaries (rayquaza <3) and overall the game was really nice. I really loved emerald, almost as good as s/g/c.
    4th gen kinda blew it on the starters and somewhat most of the others, legendaries are nice at best, but they kinda blew it, again, imo.
    5th gen has nice starters that don't look too bad, really awesome legendaries and dragon types, although some pokemons are rather bland...

Goes like that for me. I wish I didn't use the running shoes on soulsilver. Everything was just much faster, which isn't good because it made me do everything faster instead of looking for everything.

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    dead to me after there was more than 151 Pokemon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,775 Posts
    Pokemon GREY better be 3DS exclusive, have Pokemon Coliseum graphics with the standard RPG exploration and such, and combine both the first and second games with an extended plot befitting the Threequel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

14. Post #54
    Person
    June 2008
    5,561 Posts
    Pokemon GREY better be 3DS exclusive, have Pokemon Coliseum graphics with the standard RPG exploration and such, and combine both the first and second games with an extended plot befitting the Threequel.
    What's with people and demanding 3DS exclusives? I still only have a DSi :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #55
    December 2009
    4,087 Posts
    YEAH GENERATION 1 IS THE BEST WE HAD QUALITY POKEMON LIKE EKANS (IT'S SNAKE BACKWARDS LOL) AND MUK (A LIVING PILE OF SHIT)!
    Notice the word overall.

As in, "the pokemon in the first two generations on average looked better than the ones in the later generations, with more good pokemon and less bad pokemon".

See, the first and third are good.
    The second? Okay.
    The fourth is way too detailed and chaotic, but it's not too bad if that's the point.
    The fifth is a bag of shit. It is literally a bag of shit.

See, even with the exceedingly simple ones like Ekans and Muk, they don't have excessive amounts of detail, and also actually look good. Muk was a pile of slime, but it was a cool looking pile of slime.
    That fifth one out of the pictures? The bag of shit? It looks like a bag of shit. It has the design of a bag of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,591 Posts
    I hope they release a full 3D pokemon game on the 3DS. As much as I like the sprites, it is something I have wanted since I was a kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,488 Posts
    Wait, what? Why not just Pokemon Grey version? What happened to making a third main series?

I hate Gen V again. They're breaking all the rules.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,053 Posts
    Was waiting for Pokemon Plutonium.

Haven't played a Pokemon game seriously ever since I got the complete Pokedex in Pokemon Gold. 251 of those bastards. And then Nintendo practically doubled that number over the years...

19. Post #59
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    What's with people and demanding 3DS exclusives? I still only have a DSi :c
    Because the DS and 3ds lines of games are entirely different. Sure, a 3ds can play ds games, but continuing to make DS games is really just hindering the growth of the 3ds. You aren't taking advantage of the high processing/graphic powers of the non eight year old system. You could probably have a 3ds pokemon game will full 3d gameplay. After all there is a tech demo where you can view the 160ish newest pokemon in 3d on your 3ds. However, if you develop the game for the ds we don't get those models because the ds can't handle them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    July 2010
    2,512 Posts
    that face really screams "KILL ME PLEASE!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #61
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,605 Posts
    It seems like the protagonists and antagonists became more and more uninteresting as the games went on. I stopped playing at Fire Red, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,952 Posts
    this game better have serperior

Edited:

It seems like the protagonists and antagonists became more and more uninteresting as the games went on. I stopped playing at Fire Red, though.
    Although I only played it in Japanese, BW had a decent storyline compared to the... well, no storyline of the other games

It also felt simply epic at certain points in the game (like the first time you cross the bigass bridge) which is more than one can say for the originals
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    March 2011
    3,990 Posts
    I miss when pokemon actually resembled animals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,048 Posts
    Remove Japan and pokemon and you can apply the same formula to anything else with success.
    But I guess liking things you don't like makes one an idiot right?
    Finally someone gets it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    Pokemon: The CoD of Japanese games.

Milking out the same dead horse for years to come.

Only the Pokemon are progressively uglier and look allot more like Digimon.

I never finished Diamond, last good one was Chrystal imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

26. Post #66
    July 2009
    4,478 Posts
    Pokemon Black and Pokemon White

Just make Pokemon Grey.

It's not fucking hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,952 Posts

No, that'd be megaman

At least Pokemon brings something new to the table every generation or so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    Person
    June 2008
    5,561 Posts
    You guys honestly WANT another mix of the last two games? There's no new story or anything...new at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    September 2008
    14,605 Posts
    No, that'd be megaman

Seriously? The only new things that were brought to the table (at least up until the DS era) were so worthless it's not even funny. Berry mixing? Versus seeker? The endless stream of far too many pokemon? At least with Megaman you have a good variety of games like RPG with Battle Network/Shooting Star, Platformers for the classics, and Third-Person Adventure with Legends, although that's fallen by the wayside recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,034 Posts
    Seriously? The only new things that were brought to the table (at least up until the DS era) were so worthless it's not even funny. Berry mixing? Versus seeker? The endless stream of far too many pokemon? At least with Megaman you have a good variety of games like RPG with Battle Network/Shooting Star, Platformers for the classics, and Third-Person Adventure with Legends, although that's fallen by the wayside recently.
    pokemon is a one-trick pony. there's no reason or demand for radical innovation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    September 2008
    14,605 Posts
    pokemon is a one-trick pony. there's no reason or demand for radical innovation
    Well of course not, that's my point. It's essentially the same thing in every iteration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    No, that'd be megaman

IMO, Mario should have died years ago... I don't know how they haven't made a Call of Mario: Mushroom Warfare game yet...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,445 Posts
    YEAH GENERATION 1 IS THE BEST WE HAD QUALITY POKEMON LIKE EKANS (IT'S SNAKE BACKWARDS LOL) AND MUK (A LIVING PILE OF SHIT)!
    I was a bit worried then that you were going to do Muk backwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #74
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    7,962 Posts
    Jesus christ cry some more people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    Person
    June 2008
    5,561 Posts
    Actually, Pokemon has had different "genres" in its series. Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, all those Pokemon Ranger games, the Pokemon ranch game for the Wii, that one Pokemon game where you're all toys or whatever on the Wii, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #76
    March 2010
    5,092 Posts

Pokemon was a child friendly version of Shin Megami Tensei in my opinion. Except that Pokemon didn't have a faction system, it didn't have a better storyline, and you couldn't capture or summon religious deities from your computer.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,952 Posts
    If you're talking about GenIII, then I'd disagree due to the fact that it effectively modernized Pokemon to 21st Century standards, with everything from abilities and double battles, a huge-ass world, updated visuals, weather, and so on. GenII to GenIII was a huge leap.

And while I agree that GenIV didn't really change anything (I haven't played it), Generation V (BW) effectively modernized GenIII by introducing Pokemon to very impressive 3D, giving it a decent plot, furthering online multiplayer development, streamlining language controls, and just generally giving it an epic theme in comparison to GenII/III.

In contrast, there might be numerous Megaman spinoffs but the sequels within each spinoff rarely change anything compared to the previous games. There's also, as stated above, a shitton of Pokemon spinoffs as well, which often happen to be decent games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,066 Posts
    I thought all Pokemon games were sequels...

So it's a sequel to a sequel?

39. Post #79
    April 2008
    634 Posts
    every iteration of the pokemon series has new mechanics, areas, and monsters. they're definitely not the same thing every time.
    Yes but I didn't feel that many of the third games offered enough to warrant another $40.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    Pokemon was a child friendly version of Shin Megami Tensei in my opinion. Except that Pokemon didn't have a faction system, it didn't have a better storyline, and you couldn't capture or summon religious deities from your computer.
    I mean yeah I do agree from a business standpoint that Nintendo should make more, especially since allot of people have moved on from it, but I myself cannot enjoy Pokemon anymore. No I'm not saying it's kiddie (I love how defensive morons always think people are implying this) it's just I have played enough of them for one life time, and unless one is so radically different that it practically redefines the genre, I'm never playing one again.

And there is simply to many Pokemon now. Sometimes less is more.