1. Post #161
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,165 Posts
    I think secret evil vampire jarl fits the bill more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,141 Posts
    I think secret evil vampire jarl fits the bill more.
    how about the jarl is deathly ill and the city is being ruled by the manipulative vampire court mage in his absence

think LotR Rohan

there could be a big ol' quest to cure him, where the player would be hampered by the vampire's minions. maybe players with high alchemy could just brew a cure outright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,167 Posts
    mind if I grab the next upload?

also we should get some people to do QA before it's finished
    Probably a good idea. Don't want the addon coming out like Bethesda games do

Looks pretty interesting so far. Shame I don't have Skyrim, the Creation Kit looks really, really nice to use compared to the older ones. Then again, I've never dabbled with Gamebryo modding that much really.

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,210 Posts
    But having a new Jarl would make the city a hold. It has to be something that makes it make sense to never be mentioned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    589 Posts
    But having a new Jarl would make the city a hold. It has to be something that makes it make sense to never be mentioned.
    then perhaps it should have a leader instead of a jarl.

how about a talking giant for a leader. that would be fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    I got an idea, I can't do shit with the CK, but maybe someone could do it.

Maybe in the city there would be a huge tower that leads up to the Jarl's or Leader's pet. It would be a friendly ancient dragon that rests ontop of the tower. It has grown too old to be cooped up over looking the city, and wishes to be given an honorable death.

The tower would have large overhangs that allow a little bit of cover, but not much. So the combat will be devastating, and the player will have to hop cover often. So he just can't stay in one cover the entire battle.

Just an idea.

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,141 Posts
    I got an idea, I can't do shit with the CK, but maybe someone could do it.

Maybe in the city there would be a huge tower that leads up to the Jarl's or Leader's pet. It would be a friendly ancient dragon that rests ontop of the tower. It has grown too old to be cooped up over looking the city, and wishes to be given an honorable death.

The tower would have large overhangs that allow a little bit of cover, but not much. So the combat will be devastating, and the player will have to hop cover often. So he just can't stay in one cover the entire battle.

Just an idea.
    The tower would have to be gigantic, scripting dragon fights is probably a total bitch, and it wouldn't be lore friendly. Plus, I don't think dragons are mortal anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    The tower would have to be gigantic, scripting dragon fights is probably a total bitch, and it wouldn't be lore friendly. Plus, I don't think dragons are mortal anyway.
    I didn't say that he was going to die soon from old age, I just said they he was getting tired of being a leader's pet his entire life.

And the only thing you would have to script is too stop him from going outside the tower's boundres.

Plus it's just an idea, you can twist it around as much as you want to make it work.

9. Post #169
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts
    How does one embed Sound Cloud files? I've got a psyker voice that I quite like that could function as a bottom dweller quest figure or a royal official.

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,442 Posts
    How does one embed Sound Cloud files? I've got a psyker voice that I quite like that could function as a bottom dweller quest figure or a royal official.
    Use "[media]" without the "s.

11. Post #171
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,165 Posts
    Maybe a leader somewhere along the lines of Through the Dragon's Eyes By Steven King.
    Spoiled dumbass kid is made king/jarl/whatever, his father was secretly killed by the royal wizard in a power-hungry plot to wreak havok (He's actually a demon who has fucked shit up for the place numerous times over the course of hundreds of years). The murder is pinned on the other son, who would make an awesome king, but he is framed and locked at the top of a tower. Quest line involves helping him escape and killing the demon wizard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    MAD FAB LURKER
    June 2006
    461 Posts

Here's the psyker type voice.

I'm sure I can do others, but the window of quiet time today was small.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 22Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    then perhaps it should have a leader instead of a jarl.

how about a talking giant for a leader. that would be fantastic.
    I want a giant in armor.

Get on it, Nifscopers.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    A leader no one ever sees but has great influence over the town still.

Edited:

An Invisible King of sorts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,610 Posts
    Awwww, how did you do outside areas? I can't figure it out at all

16. Post #176

December 2011
    458 Posts
    A leader no one ever sees but has great influence over the town still.

Edited:

An Invisible King of sorts.
    That is also a vampire!

For the leader voice, I would like to see a difference from the BIG BOLD MANLY MAN voice the majority of in game characters have. I want to see a weedy kind of guy. He is constantly nervous that people know his secret, and is extremely awkward because of it.

I could try and do it - someone PM me to do a jarl/leader voice so I can read the PM tomorrow and remember to do it, I am going to sleep now.

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    Might as well turn this into Twin Peaks: Skyrim Edition with all this crazy quirky business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #178
    November 2007
    901 Posts
    That is also a vampire!

For the leader voice, I would like to see a difference from the BIG BOLD MANLY MAN voice the majority of in game characters have. I want to see a weedy kind of guy. He is constantly nervous that people know his secret, and is extremely awkward because of it.

I could try and do it - someone PM me to do a jarl/leader voice so I can read the PM tomorrow and remember to do it, I am going to sleep now.
    So, the leader you're talking about is the Cheydinhal count. lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #179

December 2011
    458 Posts
    So, the leader you're talking about is the Cheydinhal count. lol
    Who is that? I haven't played Morrowind/Oblivion in forever, and I am not really sure which game he is from

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    Oblivion. The town with the castle that's connected to the city via a narrow stone bridge.

21. Post #181
    June 2011
    8,370 Posts
    Who is that? I haven't played Morrowind/Oblivion in forever, and I am not really sure which game he is from
       He's secretly a vampire, counts are basically Oblivion's versions of Jarls, he's important and helps you during the Mage's guild quest line   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #182

December 2011
    458 Posts
    Oh, that asshole. I remember now.

Well fuck, that really ruinates my idea, guess that's where I got it from.

We could still go with a corrupt sorta leader/jarl. Before the vampire thing was brought up, I suggested a cannibalistic guy that pays you to kill people so he can    eat them   

23. Post #183
    November 2007
    901 Posts
    Oh, that asshole. I remember now.

Well fuck, that really ruinates my idea, guess that's where I got it from.

We could still go with a corrupt sorta leader/jarl. Before the vampire thing was brought up, I suggested a cannibalistic guy that pays you to kill people so he can    eat them   
    A werewolf could be cool. Its not that it was a bad idea, just an already used one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    November 2010
    560 Posts
    If the corrupt leader idea goes through it might be interesting to have an exiled noble hiding out in the woods/on a farm as part of a 'cure/eliminate the Jarl' quest. Perhaps the integration of the city into Skyrim could have a courier letter from the noble asking you to come help with the city.

I mean, it would be pretty weird to waltz on in and start messing with the Jarl. Not like we've done that to the other assholish Jarls in Skyrim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,141 Posts
    I think we should probably have more content before we start discussing personality quirks of characters that may or may not end up being included.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

26. Post #186
    Dennab
    September 2011
    1,790 Posts
    I'll make it about 20 perce-

kill me

This is incredible btw

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    5,913 Posts
    I'd really like to contribute, but I'm a bit of an amateur at the Creation Kit and I work a bit slow. However, my part only really edits one house of the whole town (assuming there's any left, of course), so I was thinking of starting the cells independent of the town itself now and editing what I need to edit of the town later, but I don't know if there's a way to import data from one mod to another. Is there?

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    I'd love to contribute some CK work to this. Although I haven't released anything for Skyrim, I have dabbled around with the creation kit (along with the various construction sets for Bethesda's previously released games) quite a healthy amount, if I do say so myself, and I've love the chance to work on a project like this.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,361 Posts
    I have used the GECK since it was realeased, I could do some character design if its not taken.

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Maybe the city owner should be like some big-shot Imperial merchant who got lucky and bought the area from an indiginous tribe. That way we can get in a load of foreshadowing about the merchant's fate of being stabbed in the face repeatedly by the Dragonborn.
    Thing is though, if you stab the guy in the face, sabotage the death camp, etc, then the lives of the people in the town will be ruined. The player shouldn't be forced to execute a man just because he has a has a fucked up method of keeping his people safe and happy.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,207 Posts
    I like the idea of the person who rules the town is someone who hasn't been seen in years but has a presence in the town just so you don't have cliche quests that "He's a vampire!" "he's a tyrant!" "He's a little kid!". He could be any of those, but no one has seen him, so no one knows.

Unless you can do like a like W40K's Emperor and him being dead but incredibly influential.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Oh yeah, and if we're going for a fairly non-serious theme, idea for a quest:

Two temples of Mara in the city. One dedicated mainly to the solemn pursuits as preached by the temple in Riften, and one dedicated to the shit revolving around Mara being seen as a goddess of fertility, and naturally, there's some pretty major disputes between the two groups. When the player arrives in the town, he finds the two temples closed down, and investigating a bit, finds that the disputes have turned violent.

A member of one of the churches has been found to have been murdered, killed through some crazy ass sexual shit, and the player is called in to investigate the shit out of it, determine who committed the murder, and get that shit dealt with. Insert humour as necessary, of course.

33. Post #193
    The Jarl/king/whateverthefuck is long dead, however, the court wizard and his minions have fooled the people into believing he his still alive so that he can control it secretly. Dovakhin tries to talk to Jarl/king/whateverthefuck but is constantly denied. When he goes to sleep / walks through town at night, he is attacked by assassins. When he loots one of their bodies, he finds the assassination contract from the court wizard and shit goes down.

Maybe raise a rebellion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #194
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,370 Posts
    It's almost 5AM, after 2 complete losses of my modifications this is what I've got. Didn't get any time to test any of it, I'm sorry

http://www.mediafire.com/?jhiy4njnm53f6cy

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,072 Posts
    This is getting absolutely awesome, especially with that ridiculously sexy voice acting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,201 Posts
    It's almost 5AM, after 2 complete losses of my modifications this is what I've got. Didn't get any time to test any of it, I'm sorry

Mind telling us what you actually did?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,177 Posts

Crashed, again?

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    I just went and set the esp up with a few basic things that'll be neccesary for the town; location data (and a map marker), interior lighting templates, crime faction, etc.

Virtually all of the stuff I've added can be found in the info for the new cell 'LuftahraanTemplateInterior' (aside from the crime faction, which can be found under the name CrimeFactionLuftahraan.

There's still one small thing I've forgotten to do, and I'll upload the file as soon as I'm done with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,560 Posts
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/uusimaa3.esp
    Predatorkings Version

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Hey, funny story. It turns out there's some serious shit wrong with the ESP for this mod, and not just my version either. In-game, roughly half the town's objects are missing, both in the version Lexinator put up for me, and in the version by Oicani Gonzales.