1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,081 Posts
    Screenshot dump

All of those are system level. As you can see the resolutions vary greatly
    Dynasty Warriors on the Vita just looks awesome. I really should get back into the games. I haven't played Dynasty Warriors since Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires.

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,775 Posts
    Dynasty Warriors NEXT is fun, but I really do not like the Touch screen duels, sometimes it won't read my swipe right and make it a block, then the enemy stuns me and pulls off some kind of heavy attack.

I like my custom Warlord and the Elephant soldiers.

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,042 Posts
    Holy shit those screens look nice.

4. Post #204
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,895 Posts
    Screenshot dump

All of those are system level. As you can see the resolutions vary greatly
    Do you mind if I post this in the OP?

EDIT: Not sure if your disagree means, "No, I don't mind", or "No, don't repost it."

Therefore I will not repost it it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    I'll do whatever you want me to do babe ;)
    September 2011
    1,780 Posts
    what is the game with the white guy laughing?

6. Post #206
    March 2010
    5,089 Posts
    what is the game with the white guy laughing?
    It looks like Phantasy Star, I'll go check.

7. Post #207
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,232 Posts
    Add me as a friend TuddFudders!

8. Post #208
    January 2008
    811 Posts
    So, over on Reddit, they're trying to get Borderlands 2 as port on the PS Vita.

Help them make it happen:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme..._pseudo_xpost/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #209
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    So, over on Reddit, they're trying to get Borderlands 2 as port on the PS Vita.

Help them make it happen:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme..._pseudo_xpost/
    What's stopping them currently? I can see a lot of people buying it, especially if it has cross-console gameplay for multiplayer. And that shouldn't be hard to do, just think of it as a PS3 playing via wi-fi which is something I do with all my systems. And if it get's ported we all know it'll have remote play support which is huge for me. When I get a Vita I'll want it mostly so I can play my games while my girlfriend watches her tv shows.

10. Post #210
    June 2011
    360 Posts
    Every time I see this thread it makes me want to get a Vita, but its just so darn expensive. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,743 Posts
    The only PSP I have is my preordered one from like 2005. It's missing a battery, SD card, analog stick, and shoulder buttons but it works fine. It has some 3.x CFW on it I think. I might just get a custom faceplate kit and replace the shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

12. Post #212
    May 2010
    4,312 Posts
    I'll probably wait for CFW before I buy it, that's what persuaded me to buy a PSP in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,368 Posts
    I picked up Modnation Racers: Road Trip today for the Vita, mainly because I had some Best Buy reward points waiting to be used. The game is actually pretty fun, and all the customization you can do in it is pretty awesome. The only downside so far is the horrible load times and the poor frame-rate. It almost looks as if it dips into single digits at times.

I hope they can patch this soon, because besides those two issues the game is pretty fun for $30.

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    Check out them high poly pool balls!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,895 Posts
    Sony’s says its PlayStation Vita gaming handheld topped 1.2 million units sold worldwide as of Feb. 26, following its U.S. launch on Feb. 22 and Dec. 17 in Japan. The company says sales have “exceeded expectations,” and adds that global software sales have surpassed two million units, including both retail purchases and software downloaded via the company’s PlayStation Network.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/02/28/...#ixzz1nhN3JWDI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,304 Posts
    Check out them high poly pool balls!
    They arent that high poly, the shading is just weird.

17. Post #217
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    5,216 Posts

scared the shit out of me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,510 Posts
    I've never played a Katamri game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,910 Posts
    I just got this and have to say its a very nice piece of hardware but I wish the UI wasn't touch only.

20. Post #220
    October 2009
    8,912 Posts
    I just got this and have to say its a very nice piece of hardware but I wish the UI wasn't touch only.
    It's touch only? Eugh...

21. Post #221
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    can someone post screenshot of all the menus and stuff in the vita?
    I want to see how the settings look like and stuff. From all the pictures I don't really like how the starscreen looks. I like the psp/ps3 theme.

22. Post #222
    March 2010
    4,152 Posts
    theyre really forcing touch controls upon users which i hate but w/e
    golden abyss's main menu is touch only too and it doesn't even work very well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #223
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,895 Posts
    Persona 4: The Golden has a release date of June 14th, 2012 in Japan.

I'm just looking everyday for the confirmation that it's coming to the states. It would seem crazy for them not to, but it could happen.

EDIT:

Screenshots

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,895 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,042 Posts
    That's awesome! Looks like it might be my first Vita game seeing as I'm getting my memory card (hopefully) arriving tomorrow.

On the topic of racing games, is Asphalt Injection good? I'm considering getting it since appears to look graphically better than both Modnation Racers and Ridge Racer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #226
    March 2010
    5,089 Posts
    That's awesome! Looks like it might be my first Vita game seeing as I'm getting my memory card (hopefully) arriving tomorrow.

On the topic of racing games, is Asphalt Injection good? I'm considering getting it since appears to look graphically better than both Modnation Racers and Ridge Racer.
    I really didn't like it to be honest. I thought that it was a bad version of ridge racer.

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    525 Posts
    Yeah I'd wait for Ridge Racer if you want a racing game. As crappy as Scamco is, they do know their Ridge Racer. :p

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,042 Posts
    Yeah I'd wait for Ridge Racer if you want a racing game. As crappy as Scamco is, they do know their Ridge Racer. :p
    Really? I'll take your word for it, but critics seem to be absolutely pulverizing Ridge Racer for Vita, can you explain that?

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    525 Posts
    Yeah they're butthurt it has so little content. Namco realized this and is offering free DLC that essentially doubles what they have on the cart. It's not so much, "Here's some free shit!" as much as it is "Sorry we included nothing for you to enjoy, here's the rest we were planning on selling to you because now we know you weren't going to buy the original anyway."

Don't even bother with Modnation unless you're really into the whole creation thing. And paying full price for Asphalt would be a rookie mistake. For racing games it's between Wipeout and RR, and since Wipeout isn't on your list just go for RR.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER. IT'S RIDGE RACER!

30. Post #230
    September 2011
    1,780 Posts
    Persona 4 Screenshots
    Why do all the japanese games look like they were made for the psp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,684 Posts
    What video format does the Vita even support? More than half of my movies don't even show up when I tell my Vita to search for videos from my PC, and the ones that do show up can't even be copied because "that format is not supported".

32. Post #232
    September 2011
    1,780 Posts
    What video format does the Vita even support? More than half of my movies don't even show up when I tell my Vita to search for videos from my PC, and the ones that do show up can't even be copied because "that format is not supported".
    Convert them into .mp4 files. I don't think the vita can read container formats like mkv or avi.

33. Post #233
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,344 Posts
    Persona 4: The Golden has a release date of June 14th, 2012 in Japan.

I'm just looking everyday for the confirmation that it's coming to the states. It would seem crazy for them not to, but it could happen.

EDIT:

Screenshots

I'm hoping for another P3 remake with cut-scenes(including cut-scenes for female MC), and of course a graphical update, moving around town, etc.

Also P4: The Golden was one of my main reasons for getting a Vita. I already have over 100hours on P4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,120 Posts
    I'm hoping for another P3 remake with cut-scenes(including cut-scenes for female MC), and of course a graphical update, moving around town, etc.

Also P4: The Golden was one of my main reasons for getting a Vita. I already have over 100hours on P4.
    I've resolved not to get the Vita till P4 is confirmed to be localized.

While there are other games I want for the Vita I'm not willing to drop 250 on it if P4 doesn't come out on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,684 Posts
    Convert them into .mp4 files. I don't think the vita can read container formats like mkv or avi.
    Also found out it can only take either 320x240 videos via MPEG-4 Simple Profile or H.264/MPEG-4 at 720p. Wish I found that out earlier before converting a 1080p movie to MP4, which took forever to do. :T

36. Post #236
    March 2010
    5,089 Posts
    Why do all the japanese games look like they were made for the psp?
    It looks completely better if you check out the trailer for it.

37. Post #237
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,895 Posts
    I've resolved not to get the Vita till P4 is confirmed to be localized.

While there are other games I want for the Vita I'm not willing to drop 250 on it if P4 doesn't come out on it.
    Logically, I don't see it not being localized. Isn't Persona their best series? That and Persona 4 Arena is being localized as well, which seems to be good news for The Golden. Still, there is that shred of doubt, and I just wish Atlus would announce if it was happening. I don't even care how long the translating takes, just knowing it's coming would be enough.

The real question on my mind is if it will stay exclusive to Vita.

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,042 Posts
    Yeah they're butthurt it has so little content. Namco realized this and is offering free DLC that essentially doubles what they have on the cart. It's not so much, "Here's some free shit!" as much as it is "Sorry we included nothing for you to enjoy, here's the rest we were planning on selling to you because now we know you weren't going to buy the original anyway."

Don't even bother with Modnation unless you're really into the whole creation thing. And paying full price for Asphalt would be a rookie mistake. For racing games it's between Wipeout and RR, and since Wipeout isn't on your list just go for RR.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER. IT'S RIDGE RACER!
    Well, is Wipeout good enough to warrant the near-double price tag of Ridge Racer? The graphics are really sweet and I hear it's a really good series overall, but the futuristic setting (antigravity racing? wut.) plus the steep cost is holding me back.

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,097 Posts
    Wipeout is definitely worth the money. I've got Rayman, GTA Vice City Stories and China Town Wars, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Wipeout. It is easily my most played game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,481 Posts
    Motorstorm RC is free for those who own a US account http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...tesy-of-scion/

Just look for it in the store. The ps3 version isn't included though.