1. Post #2161

April 2012
    21 Posts
    i'm fucking horrible at this
    Hello welcome back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2162
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,563 Posts
    In other news, LonelyTimeLord and I are planning on dressing up in a very effeminate fashion this coming week, and we were gonna take photos for a friend of ours... we're tempted to post them here as well though, so look out for those.
    Also, this will be my first time cross-dressing 'for real' so to speak... should be interesting! :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #2163
    Head over heels in love with Pudding~
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    theres no way i'd look good in female clothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree x 4Dumb x 2Optimistic x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2164
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,865 Posts
    If we're still talking about names and I'm allowed to say second-hand information, my girlfriend went with Mia. I like the name quite a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2165
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,563 Posts
    You should try! I think you might be able to surprise yourself...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2166
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    i already did try and the result was horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2167

April 2012
    21 Posts
    i already did try and the result was horrible.
    I'm sure you could find an outfit that would work out for you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2168
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    The thing with outfits is you gotta assess what works with what, and what works with your body type. research, advice, etc.

I have broad-ass shoulders, and from what I've gathered from the googleverse, light pants with dark tops, most V necks, and baseball shirts are supposed to de-emphasise that. That and easing into it as opposed to jumping off the deep end have been useful I've found
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2169
    April 2011
    1,523 Posts
    To change the topic, Do any of you peeps have a name that you would like to go by?
    Mines is is Lilly, I like the name I find it soothing to the ears and its cute plus it kinda works Liam-Lilly.
    Mine is Megan :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #2170
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    Sockdreams has the best customer service ever, I ordered something yesterday (I lied, get over it) and I was just looking at the Facebook page after and I saw a post that said they were going to post a decent sale coupon later on in the day and I bought my stuff too early before it was posted, so I messaged customer support and just talked to them and they applied it and refunded what was removed with the sale. :3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #2171

April 2012
    21 Posts
    oh hell yes I'm going to have so many socks

12. Post #2172
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    fuck of course i'll never have money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #2173
    Yandere Princess
    Dennab
    April 2010
    22,320 Posts
    Hehe i use Alice.
    I've used different variations on the name Alice in Wonderland on Steam for months now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #2174
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,867 Posts
    Welp... time for bed for me. Tomorrow I'm waking up and driving down to my mom's and am gonna break the news to her. That's gonna be the longest 3 hour drive of my life.

I know she'll be supportive since she's asked me before and doesn't mind but god damn I get so nervous and scared when I have a serious moment like that with family. I just start to cry and freak out. Anyone have any tips on how I can break it easily and calmly? Should I say I'm trans and want a therapist or I'm confused about my gender and want a therapist?

Oooh someone ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

15. Post #2175
    October 2010
    834 Posts
    Come on, stop it, your pessimism is getting old.

Edited:

Welp... time for bed for me. Tomorrow I'm waking up and driving down to my mom's and am gonna break the news to her. That's gonna be the longest 3 hour drive of my life.

I know she'll be supportive since she's asked me before and doesn't mind but god damn I get so nervous and scared when I have a serious moment like that with family. I just start to cry and freak out. Anyone have any tips on how I can break it easily and calmly? Should I say I'm trans and want a therapist or I'm confused about my gender and want a therapist?

Oooh someone ;_;
    Just take it slow, think optimistic. Since you know she'll be supportive, everything will be fine. Whether telling that you're trans or confused, that's your choice, but I'd choose to say I'm trans.
    Good luck!

edit:

forget what i said, take the advice below
    vvv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2176
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts

Oooh someone ;_;
    Well, I basically just flat out told my mom that I'm transgendered. My mom is a super accepting person, but I still have a hard time telling her things...even if it's just how I feel for the day.

Don't tell her as if you're unsure that you're transgendered. If you are very certain about being transgendered, then tell her that you are. You'll probably have to explain to her just what it is that you want done with your life. Name change, HRT, SRS, etc.

God damnit. Now I need to go and tell my mom that I want a second chance.

17. Post #2177
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    better that than trying to be happy about everything and then having all of my hopes crushed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2178
    October 2010
    834 Posts
    -snip- accidentally replied to my post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #2179
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    i guess my main problem with pessimism is that my dad drilled it into my head to expect the worst.

so i always expect the worst and it seems like everything is shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2180
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,307 Posts
    Oh god I'm freaking out now. Ignore the first two messages, they aren't related.

This is my mother.
    http://i.imgur.com/XrWVe.png

I have no clue how she knew what I wanted to talk about, but.. Seems like she isn't supportive about this. Though it might be that she just doesn't want to me to me to do the operation? I planned that I wont be starting hormons or anything. Maybe she will understand. Oh god I'm crying now, what am I going to tell her when she calls me. I'm panicking and turned my phone off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10 (list)

21. Post #2181
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,356 Posts
    Oh god I'm freaking out now. Ignore the first two messages, they aren't related.

This is my mother.

I have no clue how she knew what I wanted to talk about, but.. Seems like she isn't supportive about this. Though it might be that she just doesn't want to me to me to do the operation? I planned that I wont be starting hormons or anything. Maybe she will understand. Oh god I'm crying now, what am I going to tell her when she calls me. I'm panicking and turned my phone off.
    While I don't know your mom, from that I'd assuming she's kind of joking around. She may have figured out about your being transsexual, and meaning that you can't have it right now. Not that you can't have it in the future, just that you can't get one tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2182
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts

This is my mother.

Give her a big fat unhappy face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2183
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,307 Posts
    I don't know, actually the previous post where I told that when I went to talk to her and then spaced out and left without saying anything I wanted to was caused by her seeing me and then she said: "You look manly today." And I got it as a insult and got confused and stuff like that.

I guess she is joking, but still she doesn't seem to be supportive.. She jokes about all stuff now that I think about it. And she is pretty cool, back in the time when I had my girlfriend she came to me and started joking that I don't have to hide being gay and it was before I told her I'm bisexual (actually I'm pansexual but whatever) and she didn't even mind me smoking weed and she even asked me to bring her sometime...

But the thing is I actually don't want to get the hormones, because I guess it would be too expensive and difficult since my bone structure is too manly to look cute and beautiful no matter how much I try to dress up nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

24. Post #2184
    January 2012
    82 Posts
    better that than trying to be happy about everything and then having all of my hopes crushed.
    you have to make your own life and stop relying on everything to come to you.
    otherwise i'd be piss poor, not be able to be on hormones and not have anything at all.

if you have no money, find a way to make some.

everything is shit but it doesn't mean you can't be happy or make yourself happy.
    there's no point in even crying about it if you don't try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #2185
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    you have to make your own life and stop relying on everything to come to you.
    otherwise i'd be piss poor, not be able to be on hormones and not have anything at all.

if you have no money, find a way to make some.

everything is shit but it doesn't mean you can't be happy or make yourself happy.
    there's no point in even crying about it if you don't try.
    welp, looks like there isn't much ahead of me because i can't help but expect the worst to happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #2186
    January 2012
    82 Posts
    welp, looks like there isn't much ahead of me because i can't help but expect the worst to happen.
    i expect the worst to happen as well but i do it anyway. gives you a nice feeling of accomplishment if you succeeded.
    there's literally no point in not doing anything at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2187
    Dennab
    January 2012
    5,547 Posts
    ehh, you could not do anything at all because you don't want to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

28. Post #2188
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,673 Posts
    Expecting the worst is fine. It's the ability to go through with what you're doing that counts.

I believe that's called confidence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2189
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,307 Posts
    Expecting the worst is fine. It's the ability to go through with what you're doing that counts.

I believe that's called confidence.
    I believe it would be determination.

It's not that simple anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

30. Post #2190
    October 2010
    834 Posts
    My aunt just gave me a motherload of clothes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #2191
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,356 Posts
    My aunt just gave me a motherload of clothes!
    an auntload

you can slap me now   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #2192
    May 2010
    602 Posts
    I don't know, actually the previous post where I told that when I went to talk to her and then spaced out and left without saying anything I wanted to was caused by her seeing me and then she said: "You look manly today." And I got it as a insult and got confused and stuff like that.

I guess she is joking, but still she doesn't seem to be supportive.. She jokes about all stuff now that I think about it. And she is pretty cool, back in the time when I had my girlfriend she came to me and started joking that I don't have to hide being gay and it was before I told her I'm bisexual (actually I'm pansexual but whatever) and she didn't even mind me smoking weed and she even asked me to bring her sometime...

But the thing is I actually don't want to get the hormones, because I guess it would be too expensive and difficult since my bone structure is too manly to look cute and beautiful no matter how much I try to dress up nice.
    Hormones shouldn't be too expensive at all. Especially if you live outside the US. If you have a prescription, any health care plan should adequately cover them.
    And don't worry about bone structure or anything like that. You'd be surprised how much it takes for somebody to suspect that you're transgender. Most people just take those little imperfections and see them solely as imperfections. You'll be seen as a girl if you present yourself as one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

33. Post #2193
    a cervine
    May 2008
    7,307 Posts
    Well I went to visir my mom today but my sisters were there too so I decided to talk with her another time. She asked me to tell her a hint of what the subject is so I guess she was just lucky getting it right. I told her that she guessed right before I left and not to say anything to my sisters about it. Im currently at my friends place waiting for people to arrive for our bbq party so I wont be seeing my mom again until few days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #2194
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,542 Posts
    ehh, you could not do anything at all because you don't want to.
    If you're saying that you're choosing not to do anything then you should stop complaining that nothing's getting done, if you want something to get done then go and get it done because it's not going to get done itself.

Edited:

Done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #2195
    July 2007
    13,867 Posts
    Gah I feel like a loser. I'm actually procrastinating by making up excuses so I don't have to drive to my mom's just yet. Whenever I talk to her I feel like a boy/feel like I should ACT like a boy. I'm thinking of not even telling her at this point. Its too confusing and I shouldn't even bother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

36. Post #2196
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Gah I feel like a loser. I'm actually procrastinating by making up excuses so I don't have to drive to my mom's just yet. Whenever I talk to her I feel like a boy/feel like I should ACT like a boy. I'm thinking of not even telling her at this point. Its too confusing and I shouldn't even bother.
    I think you should go, it'd be unhealthy to let it eat away in the back of your mind.

37. Post #2197
    July 2007
    13,867 Posts
    I think you should go, it'd be unhealthy to let it eat away in the back of your mind.
    Yeah but sometimes I wonder if what I feel is real or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2198
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    889 Posts
    I agree... it was SO horrible keeping it from my Boyfriend/Mum. It got worse and worse each day until both of them noticed something was wrong and believe me, even if you have a negative reaction. Remember this: You have done nothing wrong... they can't blame you for doing something that isn't bad :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #2199
    Delicious Caramel
    June 2006
    1,423 Posts
    Think of it this way. At least you guys have moms that are accepting enough for you to wonder if you should tell them or not. Imagine how you would feel if your parents would NEVER accept you for something like this no matter what.

Work up the courage to tell them, only if you're sure they'll be accepting. And if you are, what's stopping you? I'd run to my mother and tell her right now if she was half as accepting as your moms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #2200
    July 2007
    13,867 Posts
    Think of it this way. At least you guys have moms that are accepting enough for you to wonder if you should tell them or not. Imagine how you would feel if your parents would NEVER accept you for something like this no matter what.

Work up the courage to tell them, only if you're sure they'll be accepting. And if you are, what's stopping you? I'd run to my mother and tell her right now if she was half as accepting as your moms.
    Honestly, what's stopping is losing all support from my father. If I go through with being trans, then I'd have to live my life as a girl. I came out as gay to my mom when I was 16, 3 years later and my mom still doesn't want my dad to know. She doesn't even want my brother to know. My dad pays for my college and he's shown extreme signs of homophobia before, I can't imagine how he feels towards transsexuals. Still, if I tell my mom she might say, "Lets not tell dad or your brother until after you graduate." Cool, be forced to live as a guy for another 3 years or so of my life because I might not get an education if I don't. I don't know what's worse, living as a boy without my only supportive family knowing or being forced to live as a boy with her knowing. I either want to go all in or not at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)