1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,011 Posts
    Still failing to balance out the economy in EU3.
    Adopt the National Bank NI and save up enough cultural tradition to get a 5 - 6 star Master of Mint, they do a damn good job at assuring your economy will remain in good standing. Also, probably a no-brainer but make sure you decrease army and navy maintenance sliders down a notch so they aren't putting a strain on your economy during peace time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #122
    August 2011
    501 Posts

Truly a good day to die.
    Interesting fact: I still lived after this event. Never change Paradox, never change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,952 Posts
    I think it was just worded poorly. Should be "before he was able to slay me"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    Truly a good day to die.
    Interesting fact: I still lived after this event. Never change Paradox, never change.
    It's a poem

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,213 Posts
    I find it more interesting that he will consider himself an "Aspiring Hunter" for another four hundred years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,111 Posts
    Never change, Paradox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,869 Posts
    Does anyone know of a mod for HOI: Darkest Hour that gives specialized infantry unit sprites for various countries? (Like the normal game does with planes and tanks)

I've just gotten used to Vicky2's units and how each country's units are different (If only via palette swap)\

Also, as for the alien invasion situation: I switched over my side to the aliens, declared war on everybody (Right in the middle of WWI). I then switched back to playing as the UK.

Big mistake. Nukes were going off everywhere, India was invaded, and the AI singled me out as a really strong power and personally blew me to shreds with flying saucers. (Okay, the were planes since the game doesn't have specialized airplane sprites for aliens). Because of the devestation and war exhaustion, my populace revolted. Now we are a Shattered Kingdom, with Scotland, Ireland, and England all independent. My colonies soon fell.

The same happened to Germany, who promptly surrendered. Austria and Hungary soon followed in suite. Now the Ottomans are still at war with the UK but the aliens are invading them from the North and France is in revolt.

Now I'm playing as the USA, the last free bastion of humanity!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,857 Posts
    How is CKII? It's it More or Less complicated than Victoria 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    What the fuck are you talking about with aliens? Is it a mod or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    From friend's game of EU:

Oh boy, Luigi's going to finally ascend to the throne of the Mushroom Kingd-
    GAME OVER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,869 Posts
    What the fuck are you talking about with aliens? Is it a mod or something?
    It's an easter egg.

In HOI2 or any mods/addons, type "Alienattack [province number]" into the console. (You have to replace [province number] with the number of a province, of course. I usually use 1177 to make them start in Siberia and work their way to major population centers so nobody sees it coming. Just be careful, they have the same stats as fully upgraded infantry/vehichles, making them damn near impossible to kill without equivalents.)

Any update on a unit mod?

12. Post #132
    August 2011
    501 Posts

This is what happens when an idiot is elected Emperor: half the bloody Empire revolts! I spent a lot of money defeating all of them but I managed to snag a duchy I had a claim on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,618 Posts
    I used to get into Europa Universalis 3, but I got burned out on that game after playing it alot, expecially on mods like MEIOU, Death and Taxes, and other mods. Now it just don't feel much interesting. I also tried other games like Hearts of Iron 3, and since finally my armies can be AI able, for some reason they don't go over seas at all to defect what's left of the enemy in other continents. I've played Poland, Germany declared war against me and my army wiped them out and italy, but italy still got territory in africa, I built transport ships yet they won't even board and go over there.

14. Post #134
    February 2010
    2,206 Posts
    Gonna start on Darkest Hour as Germany from 1933. Get what 30-ish years to conquer the world?
    I'll do the smart thing by NOT pissing off the USSR and focusing on everyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,800 Posts
    Tomorrow CK2 will be my valentine my dick trembles and my testicles ascend into my abdomen in anticipation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    February 2010
    2,206 Posts
    Tomorrow CK2 will be my valentine my dick trembles and my testicles ascend into my abdomen in anticipation
    Been seeing alot of images on it in the Grand Strategy Threads on /v/.
    Looks fantastic and everyone seems to love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,011 Posts

I can't even begin to express how incredibly difficult it was at first to beat the Hondurans into submission because of the mountainous terrain and rivers. I made the crucial mistake of not getting at least some mountaineer divisions up before I commenced the invasion, but it all worked out smoothly once I was able to annex El Salvador.

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Fuck yeah my Zulu nation just took on several empires and won.

Mobilising 70 brigades felt good.

Chinese peasant armies are fun to stomp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Fuck yeah my Zulu nation just took on several empires and won.

Mobilising 70 brigades felt good.

Chinese peasant armies are fun to stomp.
    Well you've clearly gone farther with Zulu than I ever have. How did you manage that?

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,002 Posts
    I'm about to try my first real game of Victoria II, my goal isn't to conquer, my goal is to survive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    I notice that the difficulty level has drastically been lifted with the new expansion. At first I could take over life half of Africa and the middle east with Oranje, becoming a super power within 50 years. And now whatever I do I get stuck trying the same thing with South Africa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #142
    April 2009
    2,071 Posts
    What benefits does duchies bring? In CK2.

I just have a basic idea of how the feudal system works so I probably miss the whole point of this game.

Oh, it's that simple!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    What benefits does duchies bring? In CK2.

I just have a basic idea of how the feudal system works so I probably miss the whole point of this game.

Oh, it's that simple!
    kings>princes>dukes>barons>counts>lords/knights>men at arms>serfs>occasional slave

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts
    kings>princes>dukes>barons>counts>lords/knights>men at arms>serfs>occasional slave
    Slavery was very prevalent in Norway. Some historians have estimated that every fifth to every third person in Norway was a slave in the early middle ages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    In other news, Norwegians believe in reincarnation!

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    15,081 Posts
    Well you've clearly gone farther with Zulu than I ever have. How did you manage that?
    Zerg rushed Transvaal, then I got lucky with hammering with Portuguese to the north and keep taking over their shit.

Then I just turtled to fuck and around 1915 I was only a couple countries off being a secondary power. Time to start humiliating the ones above me to take their places.

27. Post #147
    Seriously Paradox?

DLC right after the release that contains stuff that really should've been in the game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,542 Posts
    I can't play Victoria 2 anymore, everything rebels for no reason.

29. Post #149
    Putting the X in Xylophone
    November 2007
    1,120 Posts
    Seriously Paradox?

DLC right after the release that contains stuff that really should've been in the game?
    It's the preorder bonuses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,323 Posts
    Ahaha

Crusader Kings II is great.

You can marry your own Cousin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    March 2010
    76 Posts
    In Crusader Kings II my king died and my vassals revolted because my new king was homosexual.

HISTORICAL REALISM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,592 Posts
    crush your vassals
    become a homosexual god king
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,181 Posts
    Ahaha

Crusader Kings II is great.

You can marry your own Cousin.
    You can marry your sister if you're determined.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,952 Posts
    So I finally got my copy of EU3 with MEIOU working. Playing as the Free City of Lubeck, and generally just pissing off the holy roman emperor as I expand and aggressively pursue new trade opportunities

35. Post #155
    August 2009
    8,242 Posts
    I'm pissing myself of laughter after playing STEPPE WOLFE
    Bulgaria Nationalist Mod for EUIII, if you can get it to run, tries to cover 11-2100.
    "QUEBEC HAS REVOLTED FROM THE USSR"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,671 Posts

Hmmm....

Apparently I spent over 20 years building IC...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,120 Posts
    War diplomacy is weird in CK2... I got pulled into 2 wars because of my liege (Antioch) being retarded and rebelling against the Byz Emperor by himself and my solution was to declare war on him which then to my surprise cancelled both of those wars. And then suddenly because he got thrashed by the empire, we were both reabsorbed and then the Shia->Antioch war was cancelled along with my own war against him because he was no longer independent?
    My assumption was that I would have remained independent or the war leadership against the Shia would have switched to the Emperor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,952 Posts
    No one wants to be in my trade league, which makes me sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #159
    May 2006
    1,816 Posts
    Victoria II is awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

40. Post #160
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    In Victoria 2 as Finland, Chile got about 4 million immigrants in the space of 50 years.

They then took over the entire New World.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)