1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    917 Posts
    Is it bad that I didn't figure out why SA2B says Mild Lyrics on the back until now?

2. Post #242
    October 2009
    8,978 Posts
    Don't.

...Because I don't know even now.

3. Post #243
    February 2011
    880 Posts

Skimmed through the thread and didn't see this so I thought I'd share it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    917 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #245
    WE'VE GOT DODGSON HERE!
    August 2005
    1,921 Posts
    Episode 2 footage off-screen running on Asus Transformer Prime:

Looks extremely automated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #246
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,875 Posts

Got bored, made this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    917 Posts

Did we already know the first level was called Sylvania Castle Zone?

8. Post #248
    September 2009
    6,758 Posts

It is the first literal level of the game, but hey. Unfortunately, from what I can barely make of the music, I get a feeling it's overbearing synth over Sonic 1-2 drums again.

9. Post #249
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,875 Posts

greenscreen test.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts

I'm not so excited any more. Looks like they made the same stupid mistakes with boosters and springs everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    September 2009
    6,758 Posts

greenscreen test.
    Still annoyed that they removed the Sega Genesis controller from the Skill Shop in the PC versions of Generations. Mostly so that people would buy the original game itself on Steam rather than get it as an unlockable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #252
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,875 Posts
    Still annoyed that they removed the Sega Genesis controller from the Skill Shop in the PC versions of Generations. Mostly so that people would buy the original game itself on Steam rather than get it as an unlockable.
    Yeah, same here. I was really disappointed, I beat the game at like 100% and i was like
    ..What the fuck? Where's the genesis controller?

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    917 Posts
    Perhaps they could let people who already have Sonic 1 on Steam play the port in Generations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,573 Posts
    Why are so much Sonic nerds crying so much over "THERE ARE TOO MANY SPRINGS AND LAUNCH PADS WAHH"

Honestly Sonic 4 episode 2 looks much better than the first one.
    and the controls look much smoother.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    the first one wasn't even that fucking bad, just people expecting it to be too much like the old games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    November 2010
    1,215 Posts

Seems as if it has speed sections and platforming sections. as in, like the first and secound sonic games.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,830 Posts
    Why are so much Sonic nerds crying so much over "THERE ARE TOO MANY SPRINGS AND LAUNCH PADS WAHH"
    Because they like to play the game rather than having the game play itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    January 2009
    1,609 Posts
    Is it bad that I didn't figure out why SA2B says Mild Lyrics on the back until now?
    It's because the SA2/B version(s) had a music lyric removed from gameplay. In the soundtrack it's still there. Death Chamber "You're damn right knuckles; you're damn right."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Sega could make the sonic fanbase so happy if they pulled a coca-cola and just had a separate game series called "sonic classic" which had gameplay like generations' classic sections, while still going on with whatever stupid crap they want with the "main" series.

Heck, they could even make a separate team for it. Staffed by highy skilled fan hackers of the old games. Who know good level design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    September 2009
    6,758 Posts
    Sega could make the sonic fanbase so happy if they pulled a coca-cola and just had a separate game series called "sonic classic" which had gameplay like generations' classic sections, while still going on with whatever stupid crap they want with the "main" series.

Heck, they could even make a separate team for it. Staffed by highy skilled fan hackers of the old games. Who know good level design.
    Debatable on that last bit. Yeah, things like Sonic Megamix are good - but some hack level designers just don't know how to put a good Sonic flow together, y'know? And then you get sadistic difficulty designers resembling Kaizo Mario amounts of evil layouts and traps.

21. Post #261
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Debatable on that last bit. Yeah, things like Sonic Megamix are good - but some hack level designers just don't know how to put a good Sonic flow together, y'know? And then you get sadistic difficulty designers resembling Kaizo Mario amounts of evil layouts and traps.

Notice the "highly skilled" and "know level design" qualifiers

22. Post #262
    November 2010
    1,215 Posts
    http://sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/

Hey look, Full badnik list and names of zones!

Confirmed to take place on little planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #263
    August 2010
    932 Posts

In other news

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #264
    August 2010
    2,071 Posts
    So it takes place on little planet but there are apparently no stages from Sonic CD? That`s a bit dissapointing.

25. Post #265
    September 2011
    39 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,033 Posts
    I always like dubstep songs until they get to the dub-steppy part, but I felt this one was more tolerable than most. Not bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #267
    August 2010
    932 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,184 Posts
    To everyone keeping this thread afloat

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

29. Post #269
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    http://sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/

Hey look, Full badnik list and names of zones!

Confirmed to take place on little planet.
    Episode 2... in little planet?
    Sega finally doing it right, YES.

I hope metal sonic is mute or just makes some beep boops, I don't want large cutscenes of him telling sonic how evil he is and how he's going to win (lose painfully).

31. Post #271
    September 2009
    6,758 Posts

I hope metal sonic is mute or just makes some beep boops, I don't want large cutscenes of him telling sonic how evil he is and how he's going to win (lose painfully).
    Well, Episode 1 didn't use a lick of dialogue or voice-acting (even when Sonic confronted Eggman right before the final level, they just make a bunch of motions that look like they're arguing), so Episode 2's probably going to be the same.

32. Post #272
    August 2010
    932 Posts

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,184 Posts

So we're gonna see more of the Little Planet, then?

Assuming it's a good future version of Little Planet, the Themepark being Stardust Speedway, ect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    September 2011
    39 Posts
    For myself I honestly can not wait for Sonic 4 episode 2 I just hope they improve since Episode 1

35. Post #275
    Evil Boy Genius
    May 2011
    3,875 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    September 2011
    39 Posts

Thought this might be relevant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    August 2010
    932 Posts

Shadow Android has opposite color scheme    

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,184 Posts
    I honestly do not see the appeal in Model Swaps.

Granted, that Metal Sonic one is on it's way.

What about levels?

39. Post #279
    August 2010
    932 Posts
    I honestly do not see the appeal in Model Swaps.

Granted, that Metal Sonic one is on it's way.

What about levels?
    Well, it isn't just a model swap, some model swaps like Sliver actually lets you have different abilities, Like flight. But there are different things that are being moded into the game.

Heres this one video of "Fixing Modern Sonic"

It gives modern sonic the Spin Attack

As far as the Unleashed Levels there hasn't been any news in a bit.
    But I have found something new

This changes the level's scenery to different times of the day, as you would see in challenges.

And this in this video, When you boost, it plays a rock version of Crisis City

I'll just repost the latest video the uploader has created for the Unleashed level porting

Very interesting stuff...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    October 2010
    3,741 Posts
    It's because the SA2/B version(s) had a music lyric removed from gameplay. In the soundtrack it's still there. Death Chamber "You're damn right knuckles; you're damn right."
    On the topic of music lyrics, Knuckle's theme in Sonic Adventure
    "I was born by myself I don't need a patner, I get it on by myself"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)