1. Post #2801
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts

His first attempt at the 3DS Max + Gmod pipeline, it's actually pretty great

small niggle though, shadows are too sharp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2802
    September 2005
    12,090 Posts
    God dammit.
    I found the original of that DF2 picture, as well as a red version.

No artifacts, now I have to start over.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

3. Post #2803
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts

It gets boring sometimes, being a Pyro.

I swear to god I have a hardon for this map   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #2804
    December 2010
    787 Posts
    You know what would be really nice and cool and helpful and stuff
    A scout headhack with the spy's body
    So like the same body bones as the spy and the same head bones as the scout
    So like scout in the spy's suit
       prepares for dumb ratings   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #2805
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,214 Posts
    no real other thread to ask this in but: anyone know how to make it so tf2 bots don't have their own facial expressions to help when playing a custom vcd? When I play my scenes their expressions mess with what I made and seem to override it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #2806
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,538 Posts
    You know what would be really nice and cool and helpful and stuff
    A scout headhack with the spy's body
    So like the same body bones as the spy and the same head bones as the scout
    So like scout in the spy's suit
       prepares for dumb ratings   
    I'd actually love to see suits for all of the classes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #2807
    July 2010
    200 Posts
    Second try, I have to work on the DoF, FoV, and lighting, I don't like them...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #2808
    THE FRESH PRINCE OF COMPTON
    November 2011
    564 Posts
    I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD.
    ACCOUNT DELETION?! NO PROBLEM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

9. Post #2809
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,345 Posts

Better than max imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 22Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #2810
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,066 Posts

small niggle though, shadows are too sharp
    Shadows look fine to me, I think at this point it's just a stylistic choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #2811
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    25,942 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 22Informative Informative x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #2812
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,817 Posts
    What exactly am I looking at here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2813
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,066 Posts
    What exactly am I looking at here?
    LMAO pics joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #2814

April 2011
    204 Posts
    I think main problem is camera movement
    It seems cameraman was drunk all along
    Also meet the scout was about fingerprint
    So something like that needs for femscout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

15. Post #2815
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,592 Posts

Omg hevi u so kawaii desu~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #2816
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts
    Shadows look fine to me, I think at this point it's just a stylistic choice.
    the problem with shadows that aren't filtered a lot is that they look very odd at grazing angles

she's blinking with her mouuuuuuuth

Better than max imo
    Nown here's the thing before you start saying something like this: it doesn't matter (to me, at least) whether someone is better or not than me. I don't do moviemaking or animations with the goal to be better than someone :p (I do have a goal, though, and it would be self-improvement)

Noticing one thing too; man, that's starting to be quite a handful of people following my tutorials and making awesome stuff with it :D!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2817
    June 2010
    6,142 Posts
    [QUOTE=MaxOfS2D;35522055Nown here's the thing before you start saying something like this: it doesn't matter (to me, at least) whether someone is better or not than me. I don't do moviemaking or animations with the goal to be better than someone :p (I do have a goal, though, and it would be self-improvement)[/QUOTE]

Seems awfully defensive for someone that doesn't care.

As said above, I think the camera needs improvement first. Effects like blur and glow are a nice afterthought, but the actual animation and camera angling is much, much, much more important IMO. Less is sometimes more, too, too many effects can distract from the main event and worst case scenario (does not apply here) makes the video look filterraped because it's so very different from how TF2 usually looks like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #2818
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts
    Seems awfully defensive for someone that doesn't care.
    Okay, I'll keep in mind I'm not allowed to speak about my point of view or it's defensive and therefore invalid

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #2819
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,728 Posts
    Randumb, but the music fits perfectly and I liked it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

20. Post #2820
    April 2011
    2,589 Posts
    Randumb, but the music fits perfectly and I liked it.
    That "Damn" killed me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

21. Post #2821
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,539 Posts
    Better than max imo
    I like your avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #2822
    November 2011
    385 Posts
    I think that might be me since i have an unusual steaming whoopecap, flair and the essential accessories for scout loadout

http://www.tf2b.com/?id=76561198019291289

Edit: Yeah that is me, my name is in the kill feed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #2823
    October 2009
    647 Posts
    Summer Scouts (drawn by my girlfriend)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree x 14Artistic x 2Informative x 1Funny x 1Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #2824
    uncanny valley
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

25. Post #2825
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts

Wrong team colouring on the headset 0/10 would not admire artwork
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

26. Post #2826
    Why did you have to quote it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #2827
    April 2011
    7,748 Posts
    Nown here's the thing before you start saying something like this: it doesn't matter (to me, at least) whether someone is better or not than me.
    And there you have it, max is jelly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

28. Post #2828
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    But... we are nerds. We can't have girlfriends!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2829
    April 2011
    2,589 Posts

I didnīt know scout played basketball. You know, because of the size of that ball

just joking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2830

Really good work, man!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #2831
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts
    And there you have it, max is jelly.
    I'm very happy with what I've got in my jello reserve, no worries

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #2832
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,592 Posts

Why does the medic spin the other way around?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 13Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #2833
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts
    oh my god how did I miss that

note to self don't animate while drunk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 17Informative Informative x 2 (list)

34. Post #2834
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,141 Posts
    They're in Australia. Things spin in reverse there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #2835
    June 2010
    6,142 Posts

The punch looks so... "slow" until the mid point. The second half has better impact, although it's somewhat diminished by the cartoony spinning of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2836
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    The punch looks so... "slow" until the mid point. The second half has better impact, although it's somewhat diminished by the cartoony spinning of course.
    I think the punch being slow at first is on purpose to show that he's making a fist and not palm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

37. Post #2837
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts
    I shall reject your systematic tearing with science

the speed is linear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #2838
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    17,979 Posts
    Don't be ridiculous max, the end result is all that matters. If it looks slower, compensate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #2839
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,227 Posts
    Don't be ridiculous max, the end result is all that matters. If it looks slower, compensate.
    But doesn't it make more sense for the Heavy to have a heavier wind-up driven mostly by inertia? It barely looks any slower on the GIF, if I sped up the first part it'd look stupid because it's like he'd start sprinting as if the Engineer jolted a dispenser up his bum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

40. Post #2840
    I wish I knew someone wish a pretty sick carrot fetish.
    May 2011
    850 Posts

Probably not posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)