1. Post #2721

April 2011
    204 Posts
    someone fetch a spoon
    i have a sudden urge to gouge my eyes out
    I think it still doesn't work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #2722
    I don't give a shit about your dumb opinion, my opinion is the one that counts.
    June 2011
    7,037 Posts
    You folks have some weeeeird interests.
    How is that weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

3. Post #2723
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,294 Posts
    It's more the fact that they're willing to blurt their fetishes out to the world that I find odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

4. Post #2724
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    more femme pyro
    I think this is the first one that I haven't been bothered by on so many different levels.

That Powerjack is awful small looking though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

5. Post #2725
    It's more the fact that they're willing to blurt their fetishes out to the world that I find odd.
    There was me thinking a fetish was something you kept to yourself unless you're a member of DeviantArt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #2726
    September 2011
    2,066 Posts
    There was me thinking a fetish was something you kept to yourself unless you're a member of DeviantArt.
    They're deviant for a reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #2727
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,810 Posts
    more femme pyro
    It's probably just the hood and mask, but that Pyro looks like a Quarian. Give her an omni-tool with the Incinerate power, and she's all set to fight the Reapers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

8. Post #2728
    March 2012
    190 Posts

Ghost Pyro, or Candlejack Pyro, w/e.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #2729
    i have an ear fetish and lie like a basterd. i wasn't lying about the ears though. what a shitty title.
    December 2011
    1,424 Posts
    more femme pyro
    Now i would love to see that become a useable model someday!
    somehow i think it wont though, seems like it would clip with many pyro hats/misc's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #2730

Ghost Pyro, or Candlejack Pyro, w/e.
    Thank you for not referencing that god awful meme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

11. Post #2731
    March 2012
    190 Posts
    Thank you for not referencing that god awful meme.
    What meme?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #2732
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    Basically, if you mention Candlejack's name then he's supposed to kidnap you mid sentence. Personally I think it's a bit overu-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2733
    I envy your lack of knowledge with memes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #2734
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,661 Posts
    Basically, if you mention Candlejack's name then he's supposed to kidnap you mid sentence. Personally I think it's a bit overu-
    not only are you using a meme you are also doing it wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 9 (list)

15. Post #2735
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    not only are you using a meme you are also doing it wrong
    I don't like it really, I was just showing how I thought it was used. Wait, how is it actually used?
        i promise i won't use it honest   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #2736
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,248 Posts
    I don't like it really, I was just showing how I thought it was used. Wait, how is it actually used?
        i promise i won't use it honest   
    You actually finished the sentence with his name in it.

17. Post #2737
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,661 Posts
    You actually finished the sentence with his name in it.
    Also the idea is he pulls you away mid-sentence as he correctly said, which means that you wouldn't be able type "-" unless Candlejack does it for you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2738
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    Also the idea is he pulls you away mid-sentence as he correctly said, which means that you wouldn't be able type "-" unless Candlejack does it for you
    Ah ok.
    Have a GMod screen (click for music)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #2739
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,196 Posts
    Tried my hand at creating a fake DoF effect in Photoshop just using Gaussian blur.

Original:

With Depth of Field:

Looks good or no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #2740
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,504 Posts
    TF2 doesn't look good with any blurs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2741
    May 2010
    1,841 Posts
    So i usually talk around on my friends list about frag movies and some people like them and its fun to talk about frag vids. But some people HATE them for no reason at all.
    I know one person here who shall remain anonymous until he or she admits it, hates frag videos even if it has good music, good edits ( not over edits ) and good kills. The conversation went something like this:
    Me: Do you like Frag vids?
    He/She: No i hate them
    Me: Why?
    He/She: Because people have shitty music and filterrape EVERYTHING and sometimes they dont even have amazing kills.
    Me: So every frag vid has that?
    He/she: I FUCKING DARE YOU TO FIND A GOOD FRAG VID
    So i went off to find the vid "No Name 3 by sIN"
    Me: Ok here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TLHrVoVNpE
    He/She: Ugh, not right now
    Me: It has good old rock music, good edits, no filterrape or anything, and it has amazing kills.
    Me: It even has a melee segment
    He/She: "Let the bodies hit the floor" Music I bet
    Me: No its mortal kombat music
    He/She: Medic Trains
    Me: Nope, just 1v1 or more people.
    He/She watches it
    Me: So howd ya like it :D
    He/She: Its fucking stupid
    Me: why, it has good music, no overedits, and amazing kills
    he/she: CUZ ITS A FUCKING FRAG VID!
    Its like they lost a fight and they still go with their "fact" that all frag vids are stupid.
    I mean, some people do have shit music, some people do have shitty edits and filterrape, but that doesnt mean all of them are.
    Me and a few other people on here just think its fucking amazing people can do this.
    sIN is one of the best editors I know, hes just a boss at editing and at tf2.
    Oh and dont give this shit "tf2 isnt meant for competitive play"
    TF2 is meant for fun, its a game, its like saying Chess isnt meant for Competitive play.
    Some people want a challenge, so they want to play with people across the world to fill that excitement.
    So my question to you facepunch is, do you like Tf2 frag vids and explain why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #2742
    January 2012
    3,791 Posts
    So i usually talk around on my friends list about frag movies and some people like them and its fun to talk about frag vids. But some people HATE them for no reason at all.
    I know one person here who shall remain anonymous until he or she admits it, hates frag videos even if it has good music, good edits ( not over edits ) and good kills. The conversation went something like this:

Its like they lost a fight and they still go with their "fact" that all frag vids are stupid.
    I mean, some people do have shit music, some people do have shitty edits and filterrape, but that doesnt mean all of them are.
    Me and a few other people on here just think its fucking amazing people can do this.
    TF2 is meant for fun, its a game, its like saying Chess isnt meant for Competitive play.
    Some people want a challenge, so they want to play with people across the world to fill that excitement.
    I don't even know what a frag video is. my good sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2743
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,219 Posts

I was going to make a comment about the horrible pinkie pyro but then I took 4-5 minutes to make this for y'all, 6 colours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #2744
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,196 Posts

If your friend wants to miss out on good frags, then he's free to do so. Some people are just like that on principle. I have a semi-douchey friend that hates most videos because he's under the impression that if it isn't rock, it's shit. He won't even bother listening. I can't do shit about it, so I just don't bother showing him any of that stuff, because chances are he'll just be a self-centered dick.

No. Frag videos don't show off the person's skill level. I could sit there and play TF2 for three hours and condense it down to the three minutes worth of kills, and everyone would think I was amazing if I chose the ones that looked the hardest to pull off.
    Show me a 10 minute match of one person's playing where they're doing the same stuff, then I'm impressed.
    I watch frag videos on the premise that I'm there for entertainment. I don't really care how skilled the players are, for me frag videos are just a collection of awesome moments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #2745
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,224 Posts
    No. Frag videos don't show off the person's skill level. I could sit there and play TF2 for three hours and condense it down to the three minutes worth of kills, and everyone would think I was amazing if I chose the ones that looked the hardest to pull off.
    Show me a 10 minute match of one person's playing where they're doing the same stuff, then I'm impressed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2746
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,653 Posts
    Only if it's funny kills, otherwise it just gets boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #2747
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,080 Posts
    I like frag vids, but no so much for the footage but the editing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

28. Post #2748
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,179 Posts
    I like frag vids, but no so much for the footage but the editing.
    The more brown, color filters, motion blur, and blinding light from the sun the better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #2749
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,080 Posts
    I didn't say I liked the ones with filter rape.

I meant well edited ones, with the footage actually synced with music, like this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #2750
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,294 Posts
    Ah ok.
    Have a GMod screen (click for music)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 26Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2751
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,670 Posts
    Jesus christ his aim with those rockets is amazing

32. Post #2752
    July 2010
    200 Posts
    The animation is really WIP, I just wanted to test the camera animation in 3ds Max, good lighting and blur. This is my first camera animation feedback please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #2753
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,969 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #2754
    April 2011
    23 Posts
    Where did you get that poseable bird? D:

I just released it, actually:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=129476

35. Post #2755
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    The animation is really WIP, I just wanted to test the camera animation in 3ds Max, good lighting and blur. This is my first camera animation feedback please.
    Feels weird to know I might be inspiring other people

Fov is too high, movement has a weird jerk to it

But above all else, what I would recommend as a rule of thumb:

Always finish the WHOLE animation, then you do the camera work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

36. Post #2756
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2757
    July 2010
    200 Posts
    Feels weird to know I might be inspiring other people

Fov is too high, movement has a weird jerk to it

But above all else, what I would recommend as a rule of thumb:

Always finish the WHOLE animation, then you do the camera work.
    I'm going to finish it, but, I just wanted to test Imview...
    You're inspiring and helping me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #2758
    January 2009
    1,290 Posts
    He's the Invisible Man

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

39. Post #2759
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    I can't get past how awkward that first sniper looks. Just... he'd probably break his wrist if he fired the rifle.

Other than that, great job. You really get the feeling of the cold with the hats and miscs you added, plus that slight blue overlay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2760
    January 2011
    4,204 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 47Artistic Artistic x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)