1. Post #2721
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,701 Posts
    So, I just beat Mom's Heart for the 2nd time, this time with Isaac, first time with Cain, but I didn't unlock this achievement;

Does Sheol/Cathedral count as the "Full Game" now, or is it just bugged?
    Steam achievements are slow to update. If you got the in-game notification, you got it. Steam will catch up eventually.

I just finished my Samson playthrough, he seems more powerful. I'm fairly certain that his rate of fire was increased (it's not the same as Isaac and others though).

Those book rooms are just useless. They have Telepathy for dummies and...telepathy for dummies.
    What makes it worse is that the two items aren't even independent of one another -- they share a recharge bar if they're the same item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2722
    Get brimstone asap guys, mcmillian broke it and now it's crazy OP
    Watch Edmund "fix" it and make it worse then it was to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2723
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,438 Posts
    Ugh, no keys are dropping, I have a ridiculous amount of bombs, but not a single key. Thank god most of the item rooms backed onto secret rooms, because this is getting stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2724
    October 2010
    10,402 Posts
    Man, do you just improve over time or what, the farthest I've gotten is almost beating the boss in the Depths.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

5. Post #2725
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,298 Posts
    Man I haven't seen brimstone once in all the time I've played WOTL. I used to see it every other run pre-DLC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

6. Post #2726
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,701 Posts
    Man, do you just improve over time or what, the farthest I've gotten is almost beating the boss in the Depths.
    It's a learning process. As you make more attempts, you begin to learn the enemy and boss patterns and become more familiar with how to control your character and how to use the items you find. Once you have a handle on that, the game becomes one of calculating risks and weighing your options while the bruntwork becomes natural dodging and attacking.

You'll get a grip on it if you don't give up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #2727
    Man, do you just improve over time or what, the farthest I've gotten is almost beating "the boss" in the Depths.
    Which boss?

The Bosses Randomize

But yeah, you do get better over time. It's just fuckin' HARD.

Man I haven't seen brimstone once in all the time I've played WOTL. I used to see it every other run pre-DLC
    Man, you're right. I miss brimstone.

It's still my favorite tear replacement

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #2728
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    I like how badly triple shot fucks up brimstone.

It makes it take an extra 3 seconds to charge up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2729
    August 2011
    295 Posts
    Do teras upgrades affect brimstone? Like, does it charges faster if I have max tears?

oh and what's the spoiler tag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2730
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,828 Posts
    Just got the wooden spoon, and I was like, okay how does that make him faster

oh god thats horrible
    Care to explain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #2731
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,701 Posts
    Care to explain?
    The Leather Belt and Wooden Spoon are "encouragement" for Isaac to run faster. That coupled with the fact that the wooden spoon leaves several red spoon-shaped marks all over Isaac's head implies that his mother beats him.

It's old-school child discipline.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #2732
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,906 Posts
    The Greed heads that hop around have way too much hp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

13. Post #2733
    April 2011
    756 Posts
    The Greed heads that hop around have way too much hp.
    Those green human things that shoot green bombs from their mouths have way too much hp as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

14. Post #2734
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,903 Posts
    You know what, I actually listened to this. I went into the Devil Room, saw Brimstone and I thought that what you said was true.

Instead I lose the ability so shoot at all and I had probably the best set up I've had in a while. Why would you do this...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #2735
    You know what, I actually listened to this. I went into the Devil Room, saw Brimstone and I thought that what you said was true.

Instead I lose the ability so shoot at all and I had probably the best set up I've had in a while. Why would you do this...?
    You have to charge up, and you fire a crazy powerful blood beam.

Though, some items conflict with it. Once I had a 15 second charge time

16. Post #2736
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,518 Posts
    How do people without the Steam version of BoI get Wrath of the Lamb? Other than pirating it.

17. Post #2737
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,701 Posts
    How do people without the Steam version of BoI get Wrath of the Lamb? Other than pirating it.
    WotL only can be obtained via non-piracy through Steam.

Can't you just get your copy hooked up with Steam? I could have sworn that several people who got games in Humble Bundles did that for the games they got that aren't Steam-exclusives but are available on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #2738
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    It adds new floors, new enemies, new bosses, and curses -- all of which make the game more challenging.

To compensate, there's a lot of new items to make the game more fresh. Edmund intended the expansion to be primarily for people who had already beaten the game, so try to shy away from the DLC if you're still learning the ropes.
    I think that the Cellar+Bosses is more difficult. Especially Widow is a tough boss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

19. Post #2739
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,195 Posts
    Whoever linked that Northernlion video a week or two ago, thank you, watching my way through all his Isaac lets plays, good time killer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #2740

Last one in motherfucking stock too. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #2741
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,903 Posts
    You have to charge up, and you fire a crazy powerful blood beam.

Though, some items conflict with it. Once I had a 15 second charge time
    I've unlocked 45+ hours on the game so I knew you had to charge it. Though, conflicting items might've been a problem. Was as good as dead anyways. I'll try it again once I find it.

Also; This fucker.

It's everything I hate about Wrath of the Lamb. The only time I meet them are when the rooms are crowed with them and lots of obstacles are around like rocks and spikes. I always loose a shitton of health from them and they're the number one cause of things that wont let me get to Sheol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #2742
    November 2008
    1,153 Posts
    Spoilers below are in regards to a WotL hidden achievement.

Does anyone know if you can get the Guppy's Hairball achievement during the '9 deaths' challenge? I keep replaying it, since you already start with 'Dead Cat', and according to the wiki if you find the 'Cursed Tail'/'Guppy's Claw' and 'Guppy's Head' while you have the 'Dead Cat' you get the achievement.. I see it as a bit of a potential head-start with it, though I don't want to be wasting my time. So if anyone can confirm this or something it'd be appreciated.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #2743
    August 2009
    7,688 Posts
    Man being sarcastic is impossible on the internet, no, don't get brimstone. I figured saying Edmunds Fix was hint enough but you can't fire with it anymore. At all. If you pick it up you can never attack again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

24. Post #2744
    July 2009
    9,889 Posts
    Im constantly failing at this game and cant even make it to    Mom    let alone defeat her.
    Any tips? :(
    The game is really fun but if I just keep failing it gets kind of boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

25. Post #2745
    October 2010
    10,402 Posts
    Man being sarcastic is impossible on the internet, no, don't get brimstone. I figured saying Edmunds Fix was hint enough but you can't fire with it anymore. At all. If you pick it up you can never attack again.
    skip to 0:40
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #2746
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,134 Posts
    Im constantly failing at this game and cant even make it to    Mom    let alone defeat her.
    Any tips? :(
    The game is really fun but if I just keep failing it gets kind of boring.
    Don't surrender! You will eventually luck up and get some really good tears combination and win.

Edited:

Also I found dad's key, which is turbo rare, and didn't get no archievement. Not even after closing steam :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

27. Post #2747
    March 2011
    116 Posts
    Spoilers below are in regards to a WotL hidden achievement.

Does anyone know if you can get the Guppy's Hairball achievement during the '9 deaths' challenge? I keep replaying it, since you already start with 'Dead Cat', and according to the wiki if you find the 'Cursed Tail'/'Guppy's Claw' and 'Guppy's Head' while you have the 'Dead Cat' you get the achievement.. I see it as a bit of a potential head-start with it, though I don't want to be wasting my time. So if anyone can confirm this or something it'd be appreciated.   
    Yeah, it makes it worlds easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #2748
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,298 Posts
    ahahaha finally. became a    cat   . And I wasn't even doing the guppy challenge, either.

Edited:

was a bit glitchy though.    when i picked up the cat head i dropped the cat foot and looked normal. had to pick up the foot and drop the head to look like a cat. better like give me the achievement   .

Edited:

it looks great combined with mega fetus.    angry cat   

29. Post #2749
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,705 Posts
    They broke Brimstone... I loved brimstone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #2750
    January 2012
    333 Posts
    Am I the only one who prefers a high rate of fire/200 tears on screen at once, over a slow burst like brimstone/fetus? (However mom's knife just rubs me the right way)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Serbia Show Events

31. Post #2751
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,701 Posts
    Am I the only one who prefers a high rate of fire/200 tears on screen at once, over a slow burst like brimstone/fetus? (However mom's knife just rubs me the right way)
    High rate of fire + Low damage is actually more beneficial than low rate of fire + high damage for 1 sole reason: status ailments.

Each hit triggers a roll for side-effects to take effect such as slow, freezing, poison, and dealing knockback. Also, it doesn't overkill enemies -- instead of wasting a powerful shot on a single enemy, having a barrage of weak shots will kill that first enemy and then continue flying through, potentially hitting another enemy (Polyphemus has a mechanic similar to this, despite being low RoF+high damage).

The only downside for having a torrent of weak shots is the final fight against    Isaac/???   , where he retaliates whenever he takes damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #2752
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,020 Posts
    I now feel like a retard for taking the brimstone, that run was going great, then all I could do was to attack with sister maggy
    AA+ Update edmund
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

33. Post #2753
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,996 Posts
    I used dice in library room, the books just switched places. I didn't know if to laugh or cry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2754
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,135 Posts
    So after picking up brimstone I lost my ability to fire.

But I have Sister Maggy, 2 Cubes of meat, and Brother Bobby. And I'm going to go down fighting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #2755
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    No, that's exactly why you went to school multiple years, because you never improve over time.

Edited:

The only two times I saw you post were being an asshole to supersocko and saying unfunny bullshit ruining runs for people.

Why are you still here ? You're not contributing in any way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #2756
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    15,135 Posts
    Okay, new game.

Got Technology 2 + Polyphemus, which maxed my damage out for the laser, killing all bosses    including It Lives and ???    in under a second.

Best combo in the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #2757
    August 2009
    7,688 Posts
    The only two times I saw you post were being an asshole to supersocko and saying unfunny bullshit ruining runs for people.

Why are you still here ? You're not contributing in any way.
    You're a fucking moron lol.
    Seriously,
    1: Who the hell is supersocko
    2: Oh no I was trying to joke about edmund breaking something again as it's kind of becoming infamous that his "fixes" break shit.

Edit: Actually if you have a problem with me go ahead and send me a note, no need to thread shit.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #2758
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,701 Posts
    1: Who the hell is supersocko
    I want to watch people like you play. It should never take that long to get through the depths holy shit. Maybe like a hour or two tops

Edit: Seriously I'm thinking about this and I'm not even that good at the game. I ended up having to grind 70+ deaths to get the shears to unlock because if you're not learning how the game works by then something is wrong.
    Ring a bell?

2: Oh no I was trying to joke about edmund breaking something again as it's kind of becoming infamous that his "fixes" break shit.
    First off: Edmund is the designer and artist, Florian is the programmer. You're writing off debugging as some simple task, it's actually a very difficult one (especially with all of the content in the game that can interact in some way), cut him some slack.
    Secondly: Your "joke" was horribly veiled. Your tone and mannerism made it seem legitimate, there wasn't a trace of visible sarcasm in your post.

You're a fucking moron lol.
    Rude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

39. Post #2759
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,937 Posts
    Damn, red fire is scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2760
    August 2009
    7,688 Posts
    Ring a bell?

First off: Edmund is the designer and artist, Florian is the programmer. You're writing off debugging as some simple task, it's actually a very difficult one (especially with all of the content in the game that can interact in some way), cut him some slack.
    Secondly: Your "joke" was horribly veiled. Your tone and mannerism made it seem legitimate, there wasn't a trace of visible sarcasm in your post.

Rude
    Crying about me making a joke "Why are you still here :(((" is rude in itself, so uh, don't really feel bad about that.

And same with the Depths thing, I still find it absolutely ludicrous that it can take someone 35 hours to beat it. That's almost as if saying it takes 2 full days of nonstop playing. It's excessive and c'mon. When I said I wanted to watch to see how people play, I didn't mean it maliciously, I actually was just curious to what the hells going wrong that it takes that long? Is the person running straight into enemies? Is it just not clicking on how to dodge attacks? What's going on? Coming into a thread and saying it's taken THAT long with nothing to explain why is confusing and can't really offer any help that the person clearly needs.

And I'm aware Edmund is the Designer/Artist. Thing is, he's the only one ANYONE ever talks about, and during the whole lead up to WOTL he was constantly talking about how HE was adding stuff to the game. Whenever patches are released you can only find the notes on Edmunds blog etc. Florian's probably still working on it but dudes name isn't as prominent so it's easy to just say Edmund and know what a person means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)