1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    Uhhh you can still do rapid fire if you just mash mouse 1.
    you play using the mouse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,888 Posts
    People shoot with the mouse???????
    I just switched to WASD + arrow keys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    759 Posts
    A few days ago I made it to sheol with 1 heart left so with chocolate milk I spammed as many uncharged shots as possible which caused my game to slow down just enough to give me more time to react against incoming dangers. Somehow I survived over 10 rooms because the boss room was the last one I found and I proceeded to beat satan thanks to my slow motion spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #244
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,644 Posts
    you play using the mouse?
    I meant arrow keys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,774 Posts
    I meant arrow keys
    Uh oh, your not getting out of this one. Dirty casual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,503 Posts
    I'm left handed. I use mouse to pick directions/shoot and move with arrows. Forever renegade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    i've only ever beaten the game twice
    second time i used the shovel to go to sheol and survived seven rooms

also, both completions were with magdalene
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,257 Posts
    also, both completions were with magdalene
    Best character in the game, No exceptions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12 (list)

9. Post #249
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Best character in the game, No exceptions.

cain

starts off with good attack and speed, and the lucky foot is fucking obscene
    only reason why judas isn't better is because he starts off with one heart, which is DUMB and makes it hard to get past the first couple floors alive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,011 Posts
    Uh oh, your not getting out of this one. Dirty casual.
    How is using a mouse casual? I personally think arrows are easier, which is why I use them...

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,257 Posts
    cain

only reason why judas isn't better is because he starts off with one heart, which is DUMB and makes it hard to get past the first couple floors alive
    Cain starts off with increased attack as well as speed? I never knew that, Guess i have to try to get him now.

12. Post #252
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Cain starts off with increased attack as well as speed? I never knew that, Guess i have to try to get him now.
    it's only one point above isaac's, but i still really like it.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,397 Posts
    Cain is my favorite. That lucky foot can easily turn a game in your favor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    cain

Blue baby and Judas.

Believe it or not ??? is very easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    August 2009
    4,176 Posts
    I keep replaying the game as cain when I should be playing other characters so I actually unlock stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

16. Post #256
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    my first successful run was actually done with an incredibly lucky lard+speed up pill+brimstone pickup with maggy that essentially gave me brimstone with no net loss
    i proceeded to wipe the floor with everything else

17. Post #257
    March 2011
    116 Posts
    I use the numpad because I need to feel different
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

18. Post #258
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,852 Posts
    Blue baby and Judas.

Believe it or not ??? is very easy.
    That doesn't make any sense.
    Isaac has the same stats but he has normal hearts. How is he easier than Isaac?

Edited:

Are soul hearts less rare when playing ??? or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events

19. Post #259
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,460 Posts
    That doesn't make any sense.
    Isaac has the same stats but he has normal hearts. How is he easier than Isaac?

Edited:

Are soul hearts less rare when playing ??? or something?
    No.

The only thing that's truly made easier is use of the Whore of Babylon item since it's always active.

All other times Blue Baby is a worse/more challenging option because his health cannot be replenished except through the more-rare means of obtaining soul hearts. Plus he starts with The Poop and Isaac starts with the D6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,888 Posts
    Don't the secret rocks or w/e pop out two soul hearts like half the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

21. Post #261
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,852 Posts

WHAT THE FUCK I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT

Edited:

I DON'T EVEN HAVE DARK BOY

Edited:

Oh wow, I killed Satan with ??? after over 30 tries.
    Looks like I'm gonna be a golden god eventually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    No.

The only thing that's truly made easier is use of the Whore of Babylon item since it's always active.

All other times Blue Baby is a worse/more challenging option because his health cannot be replenished except through the more-rare means of obtaining soul hearts. Plus he starts with The Poop and Isaac starts with the D6.
    Sould hearts are quite common. Secret rocks, shops and the relic/ book of the revelation.

Most people didnt use the poop but is quite handy. You can use it as shield for projectile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,774 Posts
    I am getting max's head like every run right now, it's crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

24. Post #264
    LA Face and British Booty
    January 2011
    4,707 Posts
    He looks awesome, but I really thought that the   Duke of Flies   had the best name out of all the bosses. Why not   call form II "Lord of the Flies" or something like that?   
    Because The Lord of the Flies is another name for Satan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,011 Posts
    Sould hearts are quite common. Secret rocks, shops and the relic/ book of the revelation.

Most people didnt use the poop but is quite handy. You can use it as shield for projectile.
    I also recently found out the nail gives you one soul heart on its use as ???

26. Post #266
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    I also recently found out the nail gives you one soul heart on its use as ???
    Pretty sure it gives you a soul heart as anyone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

27. Post #267
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,538 Posts
    Nail is the best item, gives you increased damage, break stones, and gives you a soul heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,852 Posts
    but decreases speed and it's only for 1 room
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,757 Posts
    Because The Lord of the Flies is another name for Satan.
    The Lord of the Flies is Beelzebub; that title only got associated with Satan after a gradual period where huge amounts of completely separate demonized characters were "streamlined" down into one creature.

Hell, "Satan" in the Binding of Isaac is actually more heavily based off of Baphomet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #270
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,460 Posts
    Yes.
    There's also a high possibility for TF2 items if you preorder
    20 bucks says that if that were to happen, Edmund would add another new boss: Horseless Headless Horsemann
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,011 Posts
    Pretty sure it gives you a soul heart as anyone
    I... didn't know that. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #272
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

33. Post #273
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,538 Posts
    I really hope tf2 doesnt infect this game at all.
    Infect?
    How
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #274
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,852 Posts
    Why the fuck do Brains take out 1 heart instead of half in the depths?

Edited:

I have to find the parasite, halo, wafer and razorblade to get the golden god.
    This is so boring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events

35. Post #275
    I just mean that I really dislike TF2 and I hope they dont put something memetic or large in this game that shows it off. Just my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    I just mean that I really dislike TF2 and I hope they dont put something memetic or large in this game that shows it off. Just my opinion.
    I bet they are going to. But is going to be something small like a powerup or something.

After all this game have alot of reference from other games and media.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #277
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,538 Posts
    If it something like an item, I'm okay with it, you can just choose to not pick it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #278
    February 2011
    2,113 Posts
    Perhaps the Spy's watch (or Dead Ringer?) as a spacebar item, that would allow you to move around a room without enemies reacting, or allowing you to take a hit without losing health. Would of course give you a Spy-Style Balaclava to wear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    August 2009
    4,176 Posts
    my friend is trying to convince me this is a bad game every time I start playing it.
    on an unrelated note, what does the wafer do? it says damage resistance but you take half a heart anyway. would it make you take half a heart away in the womb/sheol?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,976 Posts
    my friend is trying to convince me this is a bad game every time I start playing it.
    on an unrelated note, what does the wafer do? it says damage resistance but you take half a heart anyway. would it make you take half a heart away in the womb/sheol?
    Every hit is just haf heart. Even in the womb/sheol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)