1. Post #8041
    November 2009
    2,514 Posts
    Egocentric is not a bad choice if you are using whiteouts. Otherwise survivalist is a good choice.
    i dont like the whiteout, since the jug on the generator can just spam his mortar and kill me anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #8042
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,446 Posts
    So I picked up the flag for the first time...

Dat music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

3. Post #8043
    May 2010
    6,737 Posts
    that would imply you can actually get enough kills to achieve orbital strike, which is unlikely

unless you just sit in the corner meleeing and repairing a turret until you get 10000 credits, which takes like 15 minutes

Well I assume there was something going on in that match besides 14 HoFs. And that MIRV-ing Jugg could easily have saved up for at least a Tactical and gone from there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #8044
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    what are the best perks for a pathfinder

also is the boost pack worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #8045
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,003 Posts
    what are the best perks for a pathfinder

IMO For flag capping i like reach and egocentric. for chasing flag carriers i prefer safety third over reach
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #8046
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    For flag capping i like reach and egocentric. for chasing flag carriers i prefer safety third over reach
    reach and egocentric will do, thank you

7. Post #8047
    May 2010
    6,737 Posts
    So yeah I think I'm going to try to get a PTH helmet to wear to PAX Prime. VGS spam optional.

Edited:

Also, handy soundboard for learning VGS shortcuts: http://thebadgertank.com/?p=36
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8048
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    17,023 Posts
    I will go back to use the shield pack on the raider, of course the jammer pack will partially hide me when attacking turrets or camping in the gen room
    BUt when all the turrets are down, and nobody repairs them, is not worth it, also sooner or later enemies find you while jamming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

9. Post #8049
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,327 Posts
    I have never seen Rage work on my PTH loadout. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #8050
    March 2010
    1,805 Posts
    Which perks go best with the raider? Survivalist seems like a good one.

11. Post #8051
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,003 Posts
    Nova blaster op nerf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #8052
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I love orbital strikes. I target the flag stand, then don't actually fire it to scare away the defense

Edited:

I prefer the energy pack, unless I'm chasing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #8053
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,718 Posts
    Nova blaster op nerf
    The other day I started screwing around with Sentinel and only using the Nova Blaster. I think I had only seen one or two people ever doing it since it was still invite only. After doing it the other day, during that same match, someone else started to screw around with it too. 2 days later I now see a bunch of people doing it. What the hell happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #8054
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,992 Posts
    Is it just me, or is the Rage perk worthless..?
    Only thing it's good for is a dedicated flag hunter with thrust pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

15. Post #8055
    Never send a boy to fuck a MAN!
    February 2010
    7,257 Posts
    Is it worth to buy Close Combat perk?
    Mastering it will give me +50% more dmg on backstab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

16. Post #8056
    September 2011
    334 Posts
    Also, handy soundboard for learning VGS shortcuts: http://thebadgertank.com/?p=36
    [VWV][VWV][VWV][VWV][VWV][VWV][VWV][VWV][VWV]

Also why doesn't [VSTO] show up? You can still say it, but it's not on the menu. I think it's more useful than [VCA].

Is it worth to buy Close Combat perk?
    Mastering it will give me +50% more dmg on backstab.
    Whenever I find myself in the position to backstab someone, I usually unload a few rounds of the rhino before slashing to take their health to or below 900. If you've got the spinfusor or jackal though, then you've gotta ask yourself if Close Combat is going to be made use of enough to justify it taking a perk slot.

Edited:

Alternatively, if you find yourself being one-shot-melee'd a lot, you might want to get the perk to stop those sand-raking infiltrators from having their way with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

17. Post #8057
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    623 Posts
    I've been playing a lot of DMB recently with a small question, just how important is the HoF?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events

18. Post #8058
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    403 Posts
    I've been playing a lot of DMB recently with a small question, just how important is the HoF?
    Just my 2 cents on HoF, but he can be a pain in the ass to the enemy cappers BUT he relies heavily on the generator, so as long as you have good TECs a HoF is amazing at flag defense (probably the best).

Question time: just got 100k XP (no boost no nothin'), what's better for INF?
    RAINBOW for Stealth Spinfusor
    ZING for Jackal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ukraine Show Events Optimistic x 8Zing x 5Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #8059
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    He can completely stop the enemy team from taking the flag while he's alive. So very.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #8060
    May 2011
    2,477 Posts
    This suiciding is getting rediculous now. Now whenever you get close to an infiltrator, sentinel, or juggernaught they just sucide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #8061
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,952 Posts
    I fucking love using the shrike to cap flags
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #8062
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,137 Posts
    This suiciding is getting rediculous now. Now whenever you get close to an infiltrator, sentinel, or juggernaught they just sucide.
    And that's even not as sissy as an opponent JUG was. I almost killed him so he tried to get away. He eventually got on a resupply station, changed class to DMB, healed full life, died anyway, only to spam [VGTB] non stop

[VGRD].

Also I might be the only JUG that always fights to the death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

23. Post #8063
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    let me explain why u should get spinfusor
    Oh wow a rank 20 went into a game against newbies and dominated them, I'm so impressed.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #8064
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,997 Posts
    I'm doing great with default Soldier recently, Assault Rifle is really good once you learn to aim with it decently, and Thumper gets the job done. Not sure if I want Eagle & Spinfusor now, I guess I'll wait for new Brute stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

25. Post #8065

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    the worst thing IMO is, even if you get kill credit, it doesnt count towards any sprees :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

26. Post #8066
    November 2008
    1,153 Posts
    http://www.hirezstudios.com/hirezwp/?p=1908

The worthwhile stuff

Tribes: Ascend - The World’s Fastest Shooter – featuring jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, and team-based gameplay. Tribes: Ascend releases as a digital download for the PC on April 12th, and attendees can preview Release Build content:

A classic map returns… Raindance. Shipping first within the original Starsiege: Tribes in 1998, Raindance is a popular Tribes map and has been cited as one of the most influential multiplayer game maps of all time.
    And a brand new game-mode – Capture & Hold. Playable at PAX on the map Katabatic this new gametype showcases core Tribes features of speed, vehicles, objectives, and teamwork.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

27. Post #8067
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,617 Posts
    Holy fuck it's Raindance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #8068
    November 2009
    2,514 Posts
    whats that flying swords logo on the map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #8069
    November 2008
    1,153 Posts

I'm guessing they're control points, and that indicates it's current held by Diamond Sword
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #8070
    January 2012
    532 Posts
    Thats the new Capture and Hold game mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

31. Post #8071
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,154 Posts
    I can't wait to be a Doombringer and place Total Biscuits around my flag.
    I'd rather shoot with my Biscuit Launcher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #8072
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,992 Posts
    Of course diamond sword will be good at capture an hold, because you don't need to go fast

Edited:

I'd rather shoot with my Biscuit Launcher
    A skin you can buy that turns all your spinfusor discs into bisquits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #8073
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,994 Posts
    KotH should be interesting for a game like Tribes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #8074
    November 2009
    2,514 Posts
    how the capture works on capture and hold?
    i got the felling pathfinders are abit useless on this match
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #8075
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,994 Posts

It appears we have some heretics amongst us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #8076
    I wish this game had a replay system, played a 16 v 16 game earlier, and I swear at least half their team was constantly in their gen room.

it was like heaven for a raider with grenade launcher, got a rampage within <1:30 of the game start
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #8077
    Memento audere semper- audaces fortuna iuvat.
    February 2010
    8,137 Posts
    I got my first Relentless today :')

Also, somoeone got 25 melee kills in a single game. HOW?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #8078

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    likely a pro INF in a lowbie match
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #8079
    July 2009
    1,214 Posts
    Techs that stand still when repairing = shit tons of melee kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #8080
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    735 Posts
    I got my first Relentless today :')

Also, somoeone got 25 melee kills in a single game. HOW?
    I once saw a guy having 48 or 49 kills in one match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events