1. Post #3441
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,700 Posts
    im crying tears like seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #3442
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,324 Posts

Holy shit I'm laughing so much, could be that it's 2:30am though and I've lost the plot.
    I lost it at the bird dancing across the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3443
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    Gonna try to run this on my laptop on ultra low, wish me luck. Liking the page to get the beta code now.

Edit:
    Damn, this is a long download. Now we play the waiting game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #3444
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,147 Posts
    just got survivalist and looter

i can touch so many people now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3445
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Gonna try to run this on my laptop on ultra low, wish me luck. Liking the page to get the beta code now.

Edit:
    Damn, this is a long download. Now we play the waiting game.
    I'm playing on a laptop, it works fine on Low.

Edited:

just got survivalist and looter

i can touch so many people now
    i can't play with you or join your games when you're a higher rank than i am

;'o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3446
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    I'm playing on a laptop, it works fine on Low.
    Great, thanks for the encouragement! I haven't played a Tribes game since Aerial Assault (basically Tribes 2 for PS2 I think), can you guys tell me how big the changes are?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #3447
    July 2009
    1,209 Posts
    It's getting pretty lame with every game I join all the high level players stack into one team and it ends up a 2 minute 5-0 CTF, I could easily stack into the winning team but it's a shit match whether you win or lose. I'm guessing there just isn't enough Oceania server players to sort into balanced matches by rank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #3448
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    Infiltrator is such a bullshit, unbalanced class. It is way overpowered.

Edited:

am I missing the joke?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #3449
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,753 Posts
    Damnit I hate being grounded.

I am tribes-deprived.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

10. Post #3450
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,888 Posts
    Infiltrator is such a bullshit, unbalanced class. It is way overpowered.

Edited:

am I missing the joke?
    Well, they're pretty easy to kill and they can't be cloaked all the time. Though it's not at all fun as a game mechanic to get instakilled because some guy was hiding in the corner of the room perfectly invisible before running up to backstab or sticky grenade you.

11. Post #3451
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    Well, they're pretty easy to kill and they can't be cloaked all the time. Though it's not at all fun as a game mechanic to get instakilled because some guy was hiding in the corner of the room perfectly invisible before running up to backstab or sticky grenade you.
    What really annoys me is when 3 of them are waiting by your destroyed generator for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3452
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    With Tech just get the motion detectors and infiltrators won't be a problem for you, also helps if you have the thumper along with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #3453
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    With Tech just get the motion detectors and infiltrators won't be a problem for you, also helps if you have the thumper along with them.
    I usually go Raider, haven't unlocked Tech yet. I like Raider because it packs a punch, but is still maneuverable enough to cap a flag if need be.

14. Post #3454
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,593 Posts
    I honestly fear that the tecehnician is going to be reduced to uselessness in future patches. For some strange reason, everyone thinks the tech is currently the most OP class in the entire game. People are saying this before AND after the huge patch.

Apart from the Big Thumper (which I agree, needs some some tweaks), all the tech has is a sub-standard SMG, very basic grenades, and turrets that die in 900 damage so any explosive weapon can kill them and they only do 65 damage.

I'm not seeing the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #3455
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    I honestly fear that the tecehnician is going to be reduced to uselessness in future patches. For some strange reason, everyone thinks the tech is currently the most OP class in the entire game. People are saying this before AND after the huge patch.

Apart from the Big Thumper (which I agree, needs some some tweaks), all the tech has is a sub-standard SMG, very basic grenades, and turrets that die in 900 damage so any explosive weapon can kill them and they only do 65 damage.

I'm not seeing the OP.
    I do find it a little annoying when there are 5 Techs with 5 turrets defending a flag, but I don't think that makes them OP.

16. Post #3456
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    I wouldn't say they're OP as such. Though they need to be changed, they negate the need for the default soldier class currently.

The Thumper should be a soldier weapon, and the Tech should have the Thumper DX, the Thumper has a longer range, and when Tech is defending they really don't need that range on the weapon at all, the damage too is debatable whether they need the extra to defend with considering they have turrets and an optional shotgun for CQC.

Right now they're basically a buffed Ranger. A 910 direct damage Thumper + Hitscan pistol + Grenades + Turrets. The only thing the default Soldier load out has is what, 15-20 extra energy or so? I'd rather have the pistol and turrets over the energy.

17. Post #3457
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,593 Posts
    I wouldn't say they're OP as such. Though they need to be changed, they negate the need for the default soldier class currently.

The Thumper should be a soldier weapon, and the Tech should have the Thumper DX, the Thumper has a longer range, and when Tech is defending they really don't need that range on the weapon at all, the damage too is debatable whether they need the extra to defend with considering they have turrets and an optional shotgun for CQC.

Right now they're basically a buffed Ranger. A 910 direct damage Thumper + Hitscan pistol + Grenades + Turrets. The only thing the default Soldier load out has is what, 15-20 extra energy or so? I'd rather have the pistol and turrets over the energy.
    Maybe give them a Thumper DX (maybe reduce damage slightly? Debatable) and buff the turrets. Because turrets can die to any explosive weapon, you have to babysit them and help them kill otherwise they get wasted instantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3458
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    And is it just me, or does Diamond Sword ALWAYS win on that map Crossfire? The one where the flags are on those 2 ships and theres a huge hilly field in between the ships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #3459
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    November 2007
    7,815 Posts
    And is it just me, or does Diamond Sword ALWAYS win on that map Crossfire? The one where the flags are on those 2 ships and theres a huge hilly field in between the ships.
    its symmetrical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #3460
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,550 Posts
    Maybe give them a Thumper DX (maybe reduce damage slightly? Debatable) and buff the turrets. Because turrets can die to any explosive weapon, you have to babysit them and help them kill otherwise they get wasted instantly.
    I say swap thumpers with the soldier, and make turrets stay up without the gen. Turrets should have to be baby-sat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #3461
    July 2010
    696 Posts
    I think why people cry about TCNs is because they get pretty powerful in high numbers. They can have turrets everywhere and the generator will be back up as soon as the threat is neutralized. It requires quite a few people to go on base attack in that situation, but most pub players i've played with like to either defend or cap mostly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3462
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts

I'm not seeing the OP.
    They need to be adjusted to more of a defensive/support class. Here's what I suggest:

1. Make turrets do negligible damage (10 or so) but have each shot give mild knockback, so extended exposure will knock you way off course. This will mean they'll actually need to be taken out before Pathfinders can grab the flag and get out, encouraging teamwork.

2. Stop with them being inexplicably tied to generators. That's just weird and annoying, plus it doesn't make sense. They're deployable turrets, they shouldn't be tied to generator power. Forcefields still should be though. Techs should be useful as defense when the generator is down, although I have a feeling the turrets are tied to generator power to encourage techs repairing generators and stuff.

3. Give Soldier the big Thumper, give Techs the Thumper DX. The machine gun (even though I love it) isn't great compared to the soldier's weapons, and really techs shouldn't be chasing anyone or fighting at range, which means the Thumper is better suited for close quarters or indoors, which is basically where the Tech should be at any given time.

4. Techs should be able to give armor packs/buffs to allies, maybe in exchange for grenades. Encourages further teamwork, allows tech to play defensively while others fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #3463
    Hi.
    July 2011
    4,353 Posts
    I can get myself faster as an infiltrator than a pathfinder because the stealth spinfusor does so little damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #3464
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,593 Posts
    They need to be adjusted to more of a defensive/support class. Here's what I suggest:

1. Make turrets do negligible damage (10 or so) but have each shot give mild knockback, so extended exposure will knock you way off course. This will mean they'll actually need to be taken out before Pathfinders can grab the flag and get out, encouraging teamwork.

Everything else is good, but I have to disagree with this one. If there were to happen, it would exclusively limit turrets to being on flag-defense. 10-damage turrets would be USELESS on generator defense. 10 is just way too little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #3465
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Everything else is good, but I have to disagree with this one. If there were to happen, it would exclusively limit turrets to being on flag-defense. 10-damage turrets would be USELESS on generator defense. 10 is just way too little.
    That's what the Thumper is for. And you can keep the turrets on flag defense even if the generator's down, which means you can dedicate yourself to generator defense as long as necessary.

26. Post #3466
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,593 Posts
    which means you can dedicate yourself to generator defense as long as necessary.
    which means I have to hug the generator instead of helping people fix their deployables, fixing our turrets, fixing our senors, fixing our tanks, etc

Bad idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #3467
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,324 Posts
    They better not come near my precious thumper with the nerf stick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #3468
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,550 Posts
    They better not come near my precious thumper with the nerf stick.
    You mean the tech's? Sorry buddy but it has to go, if you paid real dosh for it then you're silly for not seeing it coming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

29. Post #3469
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,582 Posts

this is what happens when i try to play this game

Edited:

and to clarify, i was inside the generator room when i died
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

30. Post #3470
    September 2007
    3,864 Posts
    People who stand still = loadsamoney for infil. I love techs and sentinels who stand still while doing a job, hilarious when you have the one hit kill backstab perk on weaker classes. You'd think anyone would learn to move while fixing the generator after the 3rd time I backstab them.
    I've been trying a new plan of attack, specifically for maps like drydock/crossfire with open and accessible flag stands that people sit on. Basically just get speed like you're going in to steal the flag and do drive by swipes or stick people. I felt boss as fuck when I first pulled it off on a TCN repairing his sentry right in the middle of a group of defenders on drydock.

Or I just go jihad and decloak in the gen room and start throwing stickies at everyone/my feet.

31. Post #3471
    January 2010
    356 Posts
    I get about 7fps on this game. :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3472
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,206 Posts

this is what happens when i try to play this game
    is that the best you can do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

33. Post #3473
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    VGY

34. Post #3474
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,227 Posts
    VGRD

35. Post #3475
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,906 Posts
    vgta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #3476
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    9,352 Posts
    VGS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #3477
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,930 Posts
    Im in love with this game, first tribes game ever and i fucking love it.

Shazbot!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3478

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    Just lost a TDM because one of my teammates decided to jump in front of me when I held the flag

VGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGSVGS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

39. Post #3479
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,692 Posts

Made to inspire Stinky and myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

40. Post #3480
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts