1. Post #1961
    November 2010
    3,077 Posts
    Yeah?

I'm sorry, did you play Halo 4? You seem to be telling us the customizable classes are just like Call of Duty, but I just provided several examples of the Class System being used in Reach, and it not being similar to Call of Duty.

Also who gives a shit if it's like Call of Duty? I think Call of Duty is fun, and even if you don't, do you really think it's class system is going to kill a Halo game, or make it less fun? If you're that hateful of Call of Duty, or that liable to think that one similarity to Call of Duty is going to ruin Halo, I question how you get through life without being unhappy all the time. If one trait from something you dislike is in something you do like, and that's enough to ruin it for you, you'll probably be a very unhappy person.
    I was just pointing out the similarities and you've proved me right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

2. Post #1962
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    Saying they're not similar is being ignorant to the changes of Halo. The main change will be less people getting upset over whether or not they want the "pro" variant of a gametype. It is similar to Call of Duty, but we'll still be playing Halo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I was just pointing out the similarities and you've proved me right.
    how do you figure

Reach introduced classes, and they were customizable. You're claiming Halo 4 is introducing that, when they are, in fact, not. They're simply improving on it.

So by your logic, if anything was similar to Call of Duty, it was Reach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1964
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    how do you figure

Reach introduced classes, and they were customizable. You're claiming Halo 4 is introducing that, when they are, in fact, not. They're simply improving on it.

An improvement doesn't make it different. It's still evolved into something similar to Call of Duty, even if it is also similar to Halo: Reach.

5. Post #1965
    November 2010
    3,077 Posts
    how do you figure

Took you long enough to figure that out, but with Reach they atleast tried something different.

I agree Delta that is pretty dumb that Reach tried something different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

6. Post #1966
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,503 Posts
    Yeah?

I'm sorry, did you play Halo 4? You seem to be telling us the customizable classes are just like Call of Duty, but I just provided several examples of the Class System being used in Reach, and it not being similar to Call of Duty.

Also who gives a shit if it's like Call of Duty? I think Call of Duty is fun, and even if you don't, do you really think it's class system is going to kill a Halo game, or make it less fun? If you're that hateful of Call of Duty, or that liable to think that one similarity to Call of Duty is going to ruin Halo, I question how you get through life without being unhappy all the time. If one trait from something you dislike is in something you do like, and that's enough to ruin it for you, you'll probably be a very unhappy person.
    I did not play (yet), but I sat in a couple play testing sessions at my old job a couple days ago. The load out system is very similar to Reach. But seriously who the fuck cares if it's like Reach, or COD? It's a fucking load out system!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #1967
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    I did not play (yet), but I sat in a couple play testing sessions at my old job a couple days ago. The load out system is very similar to Reach. But seriously who the fuck cares if it's like Reach, or COD? It's a fucking load out system!
    I don't think there is an issue, but rather Grim Joker is refusing to accept a similarity.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,979 Posts
    Yeah, does it really matter if the load outs are similar to Call of Duty? I like customization, customizing my load outs is one of things I enjoyed in COD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

9. Post #1969
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,503 Posts
    Halo 4 has Loadout customization and sprint. Call of Halo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1970
    November 2010
    3,077 Posts
    I was simply point out a similarity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,979 Posts
    Reach introduced classes, and they were customizable.
    Reach classes were not customized for the individual player though, only the host creating the custom game can customize the load outs.

Halo 4 the player customizes their load outs, it isn't preset like in Reach.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

12. Post #1972
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,101 Posts
    just because there's a similarity doesn't mean there' blatant copying involved. even then, that's not an element that makes cod shit.

i think halo 4 is gonna show everyone "here's how it's done the right way you fucks".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1973
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,979 Posts
    Plus, I'm pretty sure there were games before COD that had customized classes/load outs. I can't think of any, but I'm sure they exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1974
    November 2010
    3,077 Posts
    Plus, I'm pretty sure there were games before COD that had customized classes/load outs. I can't think of any, but I'm sure they exist.
    Battlefield had classes before Call of Duty and I think it also had loud outs before as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1975
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,101 Posts
    Also the fact that certain playlists won't allow custom loadouts, I imagine games such as Infection would apply to this, or any of the Action Sack favorites.

Also, it's Halo as long as Grifball is here, which has been confirmed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #1976
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I don't think there is an issue, but rather Grim Joker is refusing to accept a similarity.
    I like how you ignored the parts where I pointed out that neither of us have played, and it doesn't strike me so far as being similar to CoD, but if it is, who cares.

A+ for reading skills there champ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,101 Posts
    Battlefield had classes before Call of Duty and I think it also had loud outs before as well.
    whether or not it does doesn't matter. i see it as the devs do - halo has to evolve if it wants to compete. they've done a great job so far from what i've seen, even going back to a pace reminiscent of halo 3.

18. Post #1978
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    I like how you ignored the parts where I pointed out that neither of us have played, and it doesn't strike me so far as being similar to CoD, but if it is, who cares.

A+ for reading skills there champ.
    D- on critical thinking skills. You don't need to play a game to realize it has a feature similar to another game's feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #1979
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    D- on critical thinking skills. You don't need to play a game to realize it has a feature similar to another game's feature.
    You should probably wait until it's released to say "THIS FEATURE IS DEFINITELY THE SAME AS THIS FEATURE FROM ANOTHER GAME"

How do I lack critical thinking skills by not making assumptions based on some low-quality screenshots from the beta of a game? I'm fucking using my brain to say "We don't know everything yet." because we don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #1980
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    You should probably wait until it's released to say "THIS FEATURE IS DEFINITELY THE SAME AS THIS FEATURE FROM ANOTHER GAME"

How do I lack critical thinking skills by not making assumptions based on some low-quality screenshots from the beta of a game? I'm fucking using my brain to say "We don't know everything yet." because we don't.
    I think you should "fucking use your brain" to find a post where I don't use the word "similar" to describe the two games with the loadout feature.

21. Post #1981
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,503 Posts
    I don't want to live on this ring world anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I think you should "fucking use your brain" to find a post where I don't use the word "similar" to describe the two games with the loadout feature.
    I don't recall debating it with you for the last few pages.

As I recall you randomly picked me out in a post due to a conversation I was having with a completely different poster.

In fact as I recall the original thing I took issue with was the poster who said that Halo was turning into Call of Duty and was shamelessly ripping it off, and then people starting accusing me of denying any sort of similarity.

All I said was that it doesn't strike me as all that similar. It's a difference in opinion, and you're being incredibly abrasive and downright childish about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1983
    June 2009
    1,577 Posts
    hey, why don't you all just stop being hostile. you're pretty much just arguing over the way somebody said something.

Edited:

and joker you're actually being the bigger dick here btw

Edited:

actually no i skipped a post, you're both dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #1984
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,503 Posts
    Joker, I respect you enough to say this. Calm the fuck down and stop bitching about NOTHING!

25. Post #1985
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    I don't recall debating it with you for the last few pages.

As I recall you randomly picked me out in a post due to a conversation I was having with a completely different poster.

In fact as I recall the original thing I took issue with was the poster who said that Halo was turning into Call of Duty and was shamelessly ripping it off, and then people starting accusing me of denying any sort of similarity.

All I said was that it doesn't strike me as all that similar. It's a difference in opinion, and you're being incredibly abrasive and downright childish about it.
    If you don't recall debating with me for the last few pages, why try to be slick at my expense? We're on an internet forum, home to many discussions. I've joined in the discussion, albeit not on your side, but I'm here. While you may not have started off denying a similarity, it's definitely where you ended.

26. Post #1986
    November 2010
    3,077 Posts
    Everyone be mad

27. Post #1987
    May 2007
    11,623 Posts
    Everyone be mad
    1v1 me halo 3 guardian team br's first to 15

28. Post #1988
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,101 Posts
    1v1 me halo 3 guardian team br's first to 15
    wow i don't know how i feel about knowing this terminology

29. Post #1989
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,313 Posts
    Geez everybody chill out. Have a sexy screen grab from that GameTrailers promo.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #1990
    November 2010
    3,077 Posts
    Jester Helmet confirmed?

31. Post #1991
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Now that I'm seeing it in game, I'm really liking the Chief's Type-II armor. Looks exactly as they'd described, a modification and evolution of the Mark VI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    15,979 Posts
    Can't wait for Monday, they'll be showing off the Campaign footage. I bet ya it will be the first level, and maybe some footage from the surface.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1993
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,419 Posts
    Goddamn, what's with all this bitching about loadouts supposedly being like Call of Duty.

Are we forgetting something people?

And even that probably wasn't the first to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1994
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,101 Posts
    oh god so much want

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,483 Posts
    I'm guessing the Venator helmet is a homage to Isaac Clarke's Engineering RIG in Dead Space?

Also, I'm liking the look of the Chief's armour a bit more now, but I still can't help but think the shape of the visor makes him look almost... sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #1996
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,004 Posts
    i got a free month of live recently aka a free month to realize how shit i am at halo 3/reach

37. Post #1997
    November 2010
    842 Posts
    oh god so much want
    -amazing looking armor pieces-
    < YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #1998
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,866 Posts
    I'll probably be using the forest camo on the "CIO" armour.

Unless I find a nicer armour when I get the game of course, but so far the CIO design is my favourite of those that have been revealed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #1999
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts

The RvB theme always just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #2000
    December 2009
    4,829 Posts
    If you guys dont want arguements dont start shit by saying how Halo 4 is like COD.

You're entitled to an opinion but if all that opinion is going to do is make everybody fight like children then dont bring it here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events