Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,366 Posts
    Is he going Nidzilla, or swarm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #322
    April 2007
    259 Posts
    I beat Space Marine, and now I'm sad. :( Only took me 6 hours.

What's going to happen to Titus? The inquistion swooped him away. Also, I fuckin' love the Stalker Bolter. What is exterminatus like?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,153 Posts
    You should read over the 'nid book again so you don't get cheated.

What are you fielding against the xenos scum?
    As much dakka as I can bring to bear. Loads of Shootas, 2 Battlewagons with Kill Kannons (for shits and giggles, also templates), a squad of ten Burnas, 20 Lootas, and my trade-mark Kan/Dread Spam.

Edited:

What's going to happen to Titus? The inquistion swooped him away. Also, I fuckin' love the Stalker Bolter. What is exterminatus like?   
    Exterminatus is basically watching the Assault Marines rape the fuck out of everything while you frantically run around trying to take advantage of choke-points and grab ammo before those greedy shit-bags swoop in, kill everything, and steal all the ammo despite them not firing a single shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    As much dakka as I can bring to bear. Loads of Shootas, 2 Battlewagons with Kill Kannons (for shits and giggles, also templates), a squad of ten Burnas, 20 Lootas, and my trade-mark Kan/Dread Spam.

Edited:

Exterminatus is basically watching the Assault Marines rape the fuck out of everything while you frantically run around trying to take advantage of choke-points and grab ammo before those greedy shit-bags swoop in, kill everything, and steal all the ammo despite them not firing a single shot.
    You have any scorcha buggies? Also you have your burna's in a trukk?

Also in exterminatus I snap up the ammo because I do fire shots thank you thusly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    Too bad assault marines are terrible, same with devos, although devos > havoc any day.
    In what, tabletop, fluff or Space Marine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    In what, tabletop, fluff or Space Marine?
    Spehss mehrine they're overpowered, fluff they're bad, tabletop they're bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    Whats so bad about them in Fluff, in your opinion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,091 Posts
    I'm working on some of the fluff behind my DIY chapter, and I plan on making them secretly hostile to the Ordo Hereticus.
    The chapter has some type of genetic mutation that they're trying to keep secret, and in a typical Dark Angels successor chapter manner, they try and secretly destroy any agents of the Inquisition who suspect their secret or are in a close proximity to their operations.
    Obviously the chapter would have to have some type of organization formed within their ranks to carry out these acts. I'm thinking of something similar in organization to Chaplain Cassius's Tyranid hunters, only they wear unmarked black armor, have a higher emphasis on stealth, and combat Inquisitional forces, not Tyranids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,892 Posts
    You'd hate Brothers of the Snake then.

And they're more than a match for a boy, more comparable to a Nob, Don't forget that by the time they reach Assault Marine Status (Codex wise the first thing a marine does after being promoted from a scout) they've already had decades of training and experience as a Scout, by the time a marine reaches Tactical Marine Status, thats probably 50+ years of constant training and experience right there.
    And you play a captain in Space Marine and according to his service studs, he's been serving as a Marine for at least 100-200 years. Of which most of it is pretty much either constant training or combat.

Also, for all that GW push Ultramarines forward, they didn't half let them get mangled in Chapters Due,   nearly half the Chapter is dead at the end.   
    Didn't Ward try to alter    M'Kar being killed by the shard of Erebus or its location or something along those lines   

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    Didn't Ward try to alter    M'Kar being killed by the shard of Erebus or its location or something along those lines   
    I have no idea, but by the way, the Shard of Erebus is    Partly or wholly the Anatheme used against Horus before the Heresy   

For a Ultrasmurfs book Chapters due is pretty fuckign awesome, Ninja Raven Guard and the Legion of the Damned make an appearance too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,539 Posts
    Big Mek with Kustom Force Field?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,892 Posts
    I have no idea, but by the way, the Shard of Erebus is    Partly or wholly the Anatheme used against Horus before the Heresy   

For a Ultrasmurfs book Chapters due is pretty fuckign awesome, Ninja Raven Guard and the Legion of the Damned make an appearance too.
    Yeah I knew that the shard was    the anatheme   , I like how the Raven Guard just shred a Chaos Leviathan but when did the Legion of the Damned appear, I thought there was only the few Renegades that survived Courage and Honour and the Iron Warriors.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    Yeah I knew that the shard was    the anatheme   , I like how the Raven Guard just shred a Chaos Leviathan but when did the Legion of the Damned appear, I thought there was only the few Renegades that survived Courage and Honour and the Iron Warriors.
    Spoilers ahead

Before the tomb gets blown up, page 420 of the paperback, Marines in black armour, whose plates were bedecked by images of bones and skulls, ethereal fire crackling about their feet as they marched with funereal slowness. firing weapons louder than any boltgun that had the weigght and echo of something much larger

And they show up at a time of great need, help imperial forces and then leave 

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,892 Posts
    Spoilers ahead

Before the tomb gets blown up, page 420 of the paperback, Marines in black armour, whose plates were bedecked by images of bones and skulls, ethereal fire crackling about their feet as they marched with funereal slowness. firing weapons louder than any boltgun that had the weigght and echo of something much larger

And they show up at a time of great need, help imperial forces and then leave 

Well shit I thought     that they were the spirits of Ventris' ancestor and whoever else was buried in his tomb and that's why they were obliterating the Iron Warriors so easily    well the more you know.

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    Well shit I thought     that they were the spirits of Ventris' ancestor and whoever else was buried in his tomb and that's why they were obliterating the Iron Warriors so easily    well the more you know.
    Not quite,   Though the Fire Hawks/Legion of the Damned Founding Chapter was the ultramarines. And fi they were the spirits of the Guy buried in the tomb (well, he actually does show up in Ultramarine colours) They would have been in ultramarines colours   

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,091 Posts
    Thread censored for heresy by the order of the Ordo Spoilorus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,289 Posts
    THe Ordos of Snapeus Kills Dumbledoreus and Titanicus Sinksus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,373 Posts
       Darthus Vaderi is the father of Luxor Skywalccus   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,881 Posts
    C.S. Goto should change his name to Commissar Fucklore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    541 Posts
    The order of the order of the spoilers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,091 Posts
    The order of the order of the spoilers
    The first order was synonymous with the meaning "command". "Ordo", which is in Latin, only has a single meaning. They sound exactly the same in english, but they have completely different meanings in use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,153 Posts
    Big Mek with Kustom Force Field?
    I always take BigNutz with me (Kff/'eavy armour/cybork mek), he's the designated leader of my army. Don't know how much use he'll be though, tyrannids ain't much for shooting.

You have any scorcha buggies? Also you have your burna's in a trukk?
    No Skorcha buggies, and Burnas can't take trukks as dedicated transports (sad face). I'll probably skip the Kill Kannons and just use them as transports for a nasty mob of Nobz and leave the other one as an "open" Heavy Support option to haul the Burnas around in. And since I'll be lacking Kill Kannonz for template spam, I'll likely be bringing in Whirrrrgubbinz again (SAG/Cybork Mek). Just gotta watch out for the Trygon and Mawlock he's bringing.
    Though I do wish things like Lootas, Burnas and Tank Huntas could take Looted Wagons as dedicated transports, at least then Looted Wagons would have a USE.

Also in exterminatus I snap up the ammo because I do fire shots thank you thusly.
    For every one Assault Marine that is actually helpful, there's 10 that just steal all the kills and ammo. Makes Devastators that much less fun to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #343

What's going to happen to Titus? The inquistion swooped him away.   
    I've beaten Space Marine too, just a while ago.
    And yeah, I'm also asking about that thing in spoiler tags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,539 Posts
    I've beaten Space Marine too, just a while ago.
    And yeah, I'm also asking about that thing in spoiler tags.
    Sequel Hook?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,267 Posts

The most likely thing which would of happened after the end of Space Marine is that     Titus is Executed for Heresy/Corruption     as that's just how things work in W40K. It's highly unlikely he will     return to the Chapter, or if he did he probably wouldn't be the same    

26. Post #346
    September 2010
    4,165 Posts
       I guess his warp-resistance could be seen as useful by the Inquisition, so maybe he will start working for one?    Would make for a good sequel, if you ask me. Would be more fun that playing a    corpse    at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,881 Posts
       Chances are if there's a sequel, they'd have him as part of an Inquisitor's retinue. That'd actually be pretty badass.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
       Would be cool if he became Chaos and he was a boss or whatever.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,391 Posts
       Chances are if there's a sequel, they'd have him as part of an Inquisitor's retinue. That'd actually be pretty badass.   
    I think that's the direction they're going to go.    Playing as a DeathWatch marine would be pretty.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #350
    September 2010
    4,165 Posts
    Found an other piece for my 40k-dude-holding-a-cup collection

Don't think that an Emperor's Children was done before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #351
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    I finished making my army list. Would be neat if pepole who know more than me would say what im doing wrong/right.

here is the list
    HQ:

Not Predo Kantro 175

TROOPS:

Tactical Squad Whit Flamer and missle launcher(sergant whit chainsword/boltpistol) 170

Tactical Squad Whit Flamer and missle launcher(sergant has power fist/boltpistol) 195

Transport:

Rhino whit Storm bolter 45

Rhino whit storm bolter 45

Razorback whit twin linked assault cannon 65

Elites:

Terminator Squad (1 Assault cannon 1 chainfist)235

Sternguard veteran Squad(Sergant/w Lighting claw+boltpistol,4Combi meltagun)

Heavy Support:

DeVastaro squad(2 Heavy bolters,2 Plasma cannons Sergant whit Chainsword/boltpistol) 170

Land Raider prometheus 240

TOTAL:1500
    Why are you taking Pedro Kantor? you've got no dedicated CC squads to take advantage of his 1+ attack bonus and his Stormbolter isn't that great. I'd take a Termie Librarian and plonk him in the Termie Squad with Gate of Infinity. You could use the points you saved by doing so to give your entire Termie squad chain fists, so they can just appear right behind the nearest tank and rip it to shreds.

The Prometheus is garbage, if you want an anti infantry LR take a Redeemer. The Flamers allow no cover saves , give you 2 S6 Templates of death, and you get an Assault cannon and Multi Melta. And it costs around the same points.

Also, if the SG go in the Razorback what are you going to do if it gets destroyed? the only proper AT squad you have is the SG and to be effective they have to get within 6''. With only 5 squad members and AV12 to protect them, they aren't going to last long. I'd swap the Razorback out for a Drop Pod and use the extra points to give the other Tactical Squad a Combi Melta/Power Fist. No offense, but your current list is missing Plan B.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #352
    May 2008
    901 Posts
    With all this talk going on about cheaters and that, there's this one kid up at 40k, he used to play Nids but switched to Grey Knights. Basically what he would do is roll all his dice into a pile of other dice and pick out the good ones. He also likes to roll where you can't see the dice and say it's a success and make the opponent re-roll a successful dice because "I didn't see you roll it." The easiest way to beat him is to bring sternguard with combi-metlas and just destroy his paladins and he'll quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    5,993 Posts
    With all this talk going on about cheaters and that, there's this one kid up at 40k, he used to play Nids but switched to Grey Knights. Basically what he would do is roll all his dice into a pile of other dice and pick out the good ones. He also likes to roll where you can't see the dice and say it's a success and make the opponent re-roll a successful dice because "I didn't see you roll it." The easiest way to beat him is to bring sternguard with combi-metlas and just destroy his paladins and he'll quit.
    I'd just publicly shame him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,391 Posts
    reading Deffwotch

WARHAM 40K: FOOD EDITION
    SPICE MARINES GOING TOE-TO-TOE AGAINST TAU CRISPY SUITS
    THEIR DREADNOUGATS BLASTING AWAY AGAINST TAU DEVILEDEGGS
    CARTON BOXES SINDRIIIII
    i am in tears.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Found an other piece for my 40k-dude-holding-a-cup collection

Don't think that an Emperor's Children was done before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #356
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    I just realized I have a Terminus pattern Land Raider collecting dust that I could be using. I got it back when they were sold as full kits for a limited time.

Suddenly I have the strangest urge to field them against my biggest rival's Termie and Land Raider spam list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #357
    June 2010
    1,884 Posts
    just hope it doesn't blow up because you rolled all 1's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,774 Posts
    i could use some tips for putting together a nid army having never played a table top game and i don't own the general rule book (though i have my codex but that means nothing to me when it refers to the main rules all the time)

i've got like 20 terma + hormagaunts a squad of raveners, warriors, 30 odd genestealers a carnifex a trygon and a lictor and i have no idea what i'm doing with them

think i need a hive tyrant really and possibly a zoanathrope but GOD DAMN hive tyrants are ridiculously expensive for the 1 model, i'd prefer to get a swarm lord look alike for that price but you can't even do that (i'm told you need 4 kits for the 4 arms)

39. Post #359
    May 2008
    901 Posts
    Try ebay, you can get a lot of deals that way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,652 Posts
    the way the game actually played out, it would make sense to have him as part of a death watch seeing you're a captain in the actual game but don't actually seem to lead anyone (or two marines at max). I'd love to see a marine game like Dead Space mixed with Alien but as a first person shooter involving you as a first person marine with a small squad sent to investigate/purge a ship or area and slowly have your squad killed off until its only you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events