1. Post #601
    February 2012
    626 Posts
    Have these been posted yet?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 29 (list)

2. Post #602
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,439 Posts
    They have not, least, not that I've seen. I'm glad they have been though, brilliant conversions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,428 Posts
    Firewarriors are pretty much shit, and are made obsolete by the necron codex and our spiritual liege, but faggot crisis suits are still pretty sweet. What with that hit and run action.

Tau aren't the best but they're by no means unplayable. Sure they're not tier 1 but so long as you're fielding the maximum amount of crisis suits you should be fine.
    I haven't looked much into the new Necron codex. So I don't know how this will work. Either way one thing that Tau players have which gets overlooked, a lot are the Marker Drones.

They are not to be sneezed at.
    One game I played I somewhat ignored them and put my focus on those mo'fuggin crisis suits.
    I lost that game very quickly.
    I cannot remember their exact rules but what I do remember is I lost a lot of spess marines to those Fire Warriors (who were paired up with those drones).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I haven't looked much into the new Necron codex. So I don't know how this will work. Either way one thing that Tau players have which gets overlooked, a lot are the Marker Drones.

They are not to be sneezed at.
    One game I played I somewhat ignored them and put my focus on those mo'fuggin crisis suits.
    I lost that game very quickly.
    I cannot remember their exact rules but what I do remember is I lost a lot of spess marines to those Fire Warriors (who were paired up with those drones).
    Yeah but necrons are technically supposed to be the most shooty race. Which is totally awkward for Tau.

I mean for one more people like necrons than tau to begin with (because commie peace loving faggots in my grimdark? It's more likely than you think, click here for a free exterminatus) and then they show up wearing the same dress except one dress has cool robots on it while the other just has jetpacks. Hit and run. Run like cowards.

I mean, yes, firewarriors are shooty, but they don't shoot metal boxes very well, so if you're humpin' it across the table without metal boxes, you best play the objectives. Or play imp guard, drop some fucking dinner plates on those ho's.

FOR THE FUCKIN' EMPEROR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,218 Posts
    I figured it all out! Matt Ward and C.S. Goto are the same person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,428 Posts
    Matt Goto C.S Ward

It's..like a code...

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    Put a dreadnought in a dreadknight
    Put that in a titan
    Sounds vaguely like the last few episodes of Gurren Lagann where the main character piloted a mech piloting a bigger mech piloting an even bigger mech.

8. Post #608
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    Hey guys, just bought my first miniatures the other day. Decided to go Imperial Guard, and just finished up my first paint job. Did I do an alright job? I'm just trying to go for decent tabletop quality, not display stuff.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    Hey guys, just bought my first miniatures the other day. Decided to go Imperial Guard, and just finished up my first paint job. Did I do an alright job? I'm just trying to go for decent tabletop quality, not display stuff.
    That looks great, how are your infantry?

10. Post #610
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    That looks great, how are your infantry?
    Still in the box, haha. I have a whole platoon to assemble, then I've got to paint them, my basilisk, and my leman russ.

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    Still in the box, haha. I have a whole platoon to assemble, then I've got to paint them, my basilisk, and my leman russ.
    For infantry, remember to use washes.

Edited:

I've got a Terminator squad, two Vindicators, two Rhinos, a Scout Squad and a Storm-Raven gunship to assemble and paint.

Edited:

Three Rhinos if you count the old one I plan on paint-stripping.

12. Post #612
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts

I love the camo, how did you get it to be so smooth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Nice sentinel, guard requires a lot of painting.

Don't sit down and paint 100 guard at once, or you'll end up like my friend.

When he was 12 he decided to paint some guys with pink hair, green hair, started giving sergeants orange guns.

One guy was given a golden gun and an elton-john helmet, (think of the doonsbury comic) because he was pulling double duty as a sergeant in some games and a grunt in others. So when he was a sergeant he needed to stand out.

It looked really good so go ahead and give all your guys elton-john helmets. (Red with a white stripe down the middle and stars on the sides)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #614
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    I love the camo, how did you get it to be so smooth?
    Well to be honest, half of the paint there is just the black primer. I painted on the red stripes, then used a detail brush with black paint to smooth out the edges. Then after doing the details and paint chips, I covered the thing in a layer of badab black wash. The wash really helps smooth the transition between colors and gives it a nice dirty look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    June 2010
    1,892 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,831 Posts
    The equivalent of the first one would probably be an Ironclad. Good artwork on both ends, though.

EDIT: Scratch that, misread it as "Termodreadnought" for some reason.

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 6 (list)

18. Post #618
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts
    Awesome, I've sent some details through.

Always wanted to learn, nice to see somebody patient enough to teach.

19. Post #619
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,240 Posts
    If it wasn't at 7 in the morning where I live, I'd play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #620
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    I could GM a Dark Heresy game if you aren't too serious about the whole thing, i.e picking up on little mistakes/rules. Like shooting into melee, can't be bothered with that crap.
    I've not played before so I couldn't care less, I just want a fun game.

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    I really hope the Avatar of Khaine get's his Voice back in DoW3, i hate how he no longer speaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,552 Posts
    I really hope the Avatar of Khaine get's his Voice back in DoW3, i hate how he no longer speaks.
    KHAINE'S BURNING BLOOD FLOWS THROUGH MY VEINS

The Avatar actually had a badass voice. It's so easy to screw up a daemonic-sounding voice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,723 Posts

Bought these two today, top one is going to be converted into a fantasy necromancer/liche priest, while the bottom one will likely be a white lord or vampire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,796 Posts
    So I know I missed out not buying BlackReach when it was half off... Any tips on building my first Ork army?

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    So I know I missed out not buying BlackReach when it was half off... Any tips on building my first Ork army?
    Thin your paints
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Find my link to that ebay store that sells 100 boyz for $200
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #627
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,093 Posts
    Cut the plastic pieces and put them together, that should do it for building the army.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,796 Posts
    Find my link to that ebay store that sells 100 boyz for $200
    thanks

I'm only sharing this with you guys because I trust you.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/discount_game...id=p4340.l2559

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,778 Posts
    just bought some final addition to my tyranid army, 2 hive guard a venomthrope and a zoanthrope...just a hive tyrant to go and i'm set...

but fucking hell those models are so much harder to put together...venomthrope took like 15 minutes but the hive guard and zoanthrope just refused to stay glued and they're still not complete 3 hours later, the zoanthrope can enjoy his stay in my vice overnight...the git....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,366 Posts
    Black Reach is still a hell of a deal. Just buy it and sell/trade off all the shit you don't want/need.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #631
    June 2010
    4,876 Posts
    So I picked up a tau battleforce and some plastic glue.
    I plan to stick it together tomorrow, any tips?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #632
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,673 Posts
    Create a nightmarish amalgamation of different tau limbs and call it Ball of Arms Man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #633
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Don't use too much glue, and if you do make sure you have a tissue on hand to clean up any mess. Do that and file the points where you used cutters, and you'll have some nice models.

34. Post #634
    May 2007
    68 Posts
    So I just finished painting my first model. Qritique is appreciated.

I literally have no idea how people can make these tiny men look so fantastic. I sure as hell cannot.
    Any tips on how to not suck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,125 Posts
    I'm thinking about making an interesting conversion. Anyone know how I could possibly make a "drill" model suitable for replacing a space marine's hand?

Like this guy's left hand, only wider in dimension and scaled down to fit the regular 40k models.

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,446 Posts

I literally have no idea how people can make these tiny men look so fantastic. I sure as hell cannot.
    Pretty good for a first go, could do with a bit more highlighting, maybe via drybrushing, other than that, always make sure to do the base too.

I'm thinking about making an interesting conversion. Anyone know how I could possibly make a "drill" model suitable for replacing a space marine's hand?

Like this guy's left hand, only wider in dimension and scaled down to fit the regular 40k models.
    An actual Drill bit? Plus Greenstuffing and plasticard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

37. Post #637
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,418 Posts

Look a lot better than my first model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,766 Posts

That model is pretty good for the first thing you have painted. I suggest using a detail brush with mithril silver on the edges of the hammer and the chaos icon, and if you have the patience, try using a lighter brown and a brighter black on the respective areas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    Large amount of people here i've seen seen before, awesome.

Anyway, i have started work on the updated thread (Not uploaded though) - i've made these in about 5 min in paint because i was bored.

Anyone think these would be worth including?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    April 2007
    287 Posts
    Anyone have tips for a Black Templar army? Decided to finally get into 40K but I'm still a bit hesitant to go with a BT army mainly just due to being a new player and all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events