1. Post #401
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,270 Posts
    Yes it is. No idea what Dreadnoughts were actually meant to be back then, were they just Robots?
    Nope. The guys in them weren't crippled though, they were vets, the best of the best, short of terminator duty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,563 Posts
    Seems like a lot of work for +1 space ork.
    The point isn't having an extra model on the table, the point is having a cool model in your army.

Conversions are a lot of work also, but that doesn't make them pointless.

Edited:

Case in point:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

3. Post #403

December 2011
    782 Posts
    So I have found space marines not be as fun as I hoped in beginning, but now I came up with idea ; I sell my marines, or even trade! I have following

HQ
    Librarian (equipped with Force Weapon, Storm Bolter)
    (Painted)

Chaplain (equipped with Terminator armour, Storm Bolter)
    (Washed)

TROOPS
    2x Tactical squads (both equipped with Flamer/Missile Launcher)
    (1 sergeant, 2 bolter marines painted, three basepainted, four primed white)

Elites
    Close Combat Terminators (6 with SS/TH, including sergeant and 3 with Thunderfists)
    (Sergeant, two SS/TH terminators painted, two SS/TH terminators primed white)

For this cost would be 114 originally, but I was thinking selling for 70 or trade for a Tyranid Battleforce. We split shipping costs, or if it isn't too expensive I can pay it all.

Some of it is painted, everything is assembled. Can provide pictures if you're interested!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #404
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    588 Posts
    Not sure if I've posted these on here before, but oh well.

Not every detail is finished, and bases aren't completely done either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #405
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,493 Posts
    Seems like a lot of work for +1 space ork.
    but its cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,618 Posts
    Anyone got a link to that picture of a Grey Knight giving a rose to a Sister of battle?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,785 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Late Late x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,842 Posts
    Not this shit again.

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,284 Posts
    I am thinking...

Work in Progress, though, gotta change a few things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,618 Posts
    Cheers, needed it for a friend.

11. Post #411
    April 2007
    997 Posts
    Lore wise, how hard are spess mehreens to kill? Thought they were pretty much invincible

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,284 Posts

I am done for now. Yes, I am lazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Informative Informative x 2 (list)

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,618 Posts
    Lore wise, how hard are spess mehreens to kill? Thought they were pretty much invincible
    Depends on what you hit them with and where. A Lasgun is going to barely scratch power armour on normal settings, and barely able to get through the soft spots, but a Hotshot Lasgun or a lasgun set on full charge (not normally done) can penetrate ceramite.

Bolters and things like Autocannons are the more deadlier ones to Marines (although the bolt has to hit at the right angle to be effective)

Unless you hit them with a Bolt Round, nothign but a headshot or a shot that somehow destroys their two hearts would probably actually kill them

14. Post #414
    March 2009
    1,108 Posts
    And then he covered himself in her blood

Matt ward~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,881 Posts
    And then he covered himself in her blood

Matt ward~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

16. Post #416
    December 2009
    6,493 Posts
    Anyone want to play some Last stand in Retri?
    If i'm playing with people i don't know IRL, i don't want them to be shit like most of the people it pairs me with.

Also i want to get more gear for my lord general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #417
    April 2009
    518 Posts
    I second that motion, but not playing right now. Too late and too many research proposals to write. Add me on steam if you want to play Last Stand a different time. I also run Lord General, I don't think I play like shit, but who knows?

I've been playing Retribution a lot since the sale. Last Stand is a pretty fun way to quickly kill some time! I haven't played any other character besides the Mek Boy and Lord General, are the other characters any fun?

18. Post #418
    December 2009
    6,493 Posts
    I second that motion, but not playing right now. Too late and too many research proposals to write. Add me on steam if you want to play Last Stand a different time. I also run Lord General, I don't think I play like shit, but who knows?

I've been playing Retribution a lot since the sale. Last Stand is a pretty fun way to quickly kill some time! I haven't played any other character besides the Mek Boy and Lord General, are the other characters any fun?
    I used to play tyrant in chaos rising, it's alright but you destroy all the cover and make later stages hard.

Edited:

Also for a project since I figured out how to mod Retri pretty well.
    Rate Agree for a PvP Hero Arena
    Rate Optimistic for a Last Stand ripoff.

Both are possible with enough time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

19. Post #419
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    Also for a project since I figured out how to mod Retri pretty well.
    Rate Agree for a PvP Hero Arena
    Rate Optimistic for a Last Stand ripoff.

Both are possible with enough time.
    More maps for Last Stand would be great, it gets boring playing on the same two maps all the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,558 Posts
    Hell, just different Waves would be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #421
    December 2009
    6,493 Posts
    And custom hero units, remember custom hero units.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,558 Posts
    Hero units are bastards. Super-heavies are awesome however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #423
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    Terminator hero make it hapen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    December 2009
    6,493 Posts
    Terminator hero make it hapen
    That is what i'm talking about.
    Units which could be hero units but arent, Like a librarian hero and shit.

25. Post #425
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    Is it worthwhile to upgrade a librarian to an epistolary? Or even feild him as a "counts-as" version of that special ultramarines librarian that knows all the powers and can use 3 a turn?

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,842 Posts
    That is what i'm talking about.
    Units which could be hero units but arent, Like a librarian hero and shit.
    Baneblade hero?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    Dennab
    April 2009
    9,441 Posts
    -snop, i don't think i know what a baneblade is-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,216 Posts
    Baneblade hero?
    Creed hero.
    Special equipment:
    -Vox caster, grants Tactical Genius ability: a squadron of baneblades suddenly bursts up from under the arena where they were lying in wait this whole time.
    -Regimental banner, grants the Just as planned ability: Creed taunts, all enemies start attacking him but then eventually they all trip and fall over themselves, staying stunned for 30 seconds and enemy vehicles drive exactly on the wrong pebble and it gets stuck in their tracks, immobilizing them for 30 seconds.
    -Big fat cigar, grants the Laugh ability: Creed knows he's already won, why would he need any more wargear?

Also he uses double pistols and kneecaps enemies with them which somehow causes the entire squad to trip on their friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

29. Post #429
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Is it worthwhile to upgrade a librarian to an epistolary? Or even feild him as a "counts-as" version of that special ultramarines librarian that knows all the powers and can use 3 a turn?
    I might experiment tommorow with a Terminator Librarian with Gate of Infinity. Anything that isn't in view of the Terminus is going to be unpleasantly surprised when a squad of chainfist Terminators appears by its rear.

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,563 Posts
    I might experiment tommorow with a Terminator Librarian with Gate of Infinity. Anything that isn't in view of the Terminus is going to be unpleasantly surprised when a squad of chainfist Terminators appears by its rear.
    And what, stand there for a turn looking peeved while your opponent moves his men out of the way and starts making craters?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #431
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    Creed hero.
    Special equipment:
    -Vox caster, grants Tactical Genius ability: a squadron of baneblades suddenly bursts up from under the arena where they were lying in wait this whole time.
    -Regimental banner, grants the Just as planned ability: Creed taunts, all enemies start attacking him but then eventually they all trip and fall over themselves, staying stunned for 30 seconds and enemy vehicles drive exactly on the wrong pebble and it gets stuck in their tracks, immobilizing them for 30 seconds.
    -Big fat cigar, grants the Laugh ability: Creed knows he's already won, why would he need any more wargear?

Also he uses double pistols and kneecaps enemies with them which somehow causes the entire squad to trip on their friends.
    Two hotshot pistols. Hotshot pistols are able to penetrate ceramite, and thus marine armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

32. Post #432
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    And what, stand there for a turn looking peeved while your opponent moves his men out of the way and starts making craters?
    Well in that scenario at least his advance has been disrupted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,563 Posts
    Well in that scenario at least his advance has been disrupted.
    yeah, but you've got deep strike for free from termies anyway. If you're gonna use gate, Sternguard are the way, but it still has the deepstriking disadvantage of bunching up your squads. That's what makes drop-pods so useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #434
    Wouldn't really fit in with all the other heroes being individual dudes
    Pask, Harker, Strakken, Nork, Chenkov, and many many more have to be taken in a squad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,397 Posts
    Two hotshot pistols. Hotshot pistols are able to penetrate ceramite, and thus marine armour.
    Didn't they replace Hellguns with Hotshot weapons? It's stupid. Hotshot just used to be mean overcharged power pack, not a completely different type of weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #436
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts

Holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #437
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,216 Posts
    Didn't they replace Hellguns with Hotshot weapons? It's stupid. Hotshot just used to be mean overcharged power pack, not a completely different type of weapon.
    This is true, I don't know why they did it, maybe because the hellgun could be confused with melta or flamers or something. I'm awkwardly trying to replace hellgun with hotshot lasgun in my speech but I just always end up saying "hot shot hellgun" instead. Anyways: while confused by the change I find its effect pretty damn nice, those marines actually fear my storm troopers now (played guard before the new codex was announced).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

38. Post #438
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    My army list this week in a neater format than usual:

Crusader Squads will rush forward and claim objectives and overrun the enemy with 39 (!) Crusaders, all of them with those Nasty Melta's and Fists, The Marshall will join the furthest squad forward and when he and his squad lose pace 7 LC Terminators will Deep Strike with no trouble thanks to the Teleport Homer. The Terminus will hopefully bust some tanks like hotcakes and the Dreadnought will be either a handy support unit or an AT sponge. The Champ will go in the Rhino Squad to give some CC punch.

39. Post #439
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,097 Posts
    This is true, I don't know why they did it, maybe because the hellgun could be confused with melta or flamers or something. I'm awkwardly trying to replace hellgun with hotshot lasgun in my speech but I just always end up saying "hot shot hellgun" instead. Anyways: while confused by the change I find its effect pretty damn nice, those marines actually fear my storm troopers now (played guard before the new codex was announced).
    A guy in my BC session mistakes Hellpistols for Inferno pistols, so it's probably because of that. Hot shots are DUMB because it's a 1-shot magazine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

40. Post #440
    December 2009
    6,493 Posts
    you guys are all bad at ideas for hero units