1. Post #121
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,073 Posts
    Oh yeah, Techpriest Monthly is really popular, along with SISTERS!

My favourite is Dining on Catachan, it lists what's good to eat, and what wants to eat you. After their first run they expanded the journalism to cover each planet so it didn't get stale.
    What about Armaggedon's Bricolage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,233 Posts

Now you can have Boreale's head in Retribution. Shame can't do voices.
    You put it in Steam\steamapps\common\dawn of war ii - retribution\GameAssets\mods after you extract it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,435 Posts
    Y'know...Has anyone played Warhammer: Mark of Chaos or Battle March?

I've never played them myself yet they looked pretty damn awesome and should be mentioned in the OP.

They had some of the best damn intro cinematics I've ever seen.
    Mark of Chaos
    Battle March
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    In regards to the ending of DoW2:Retribution, does Gabriel Angelos get meatstomped by Kyras in every ending, or just the ones that aren't the Space Marine campaign?
        all of them, though which one is canon is pretty obvious    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #125
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,486 Posts
    Y'know...Has anyone played Warhammer: Mark of Chaos or Battle March?

I've never played them myself yet they looked pretty damn awesome and should be mentioned in the OP.

They had some of the best damn intro cinematics I've ever seen.
    Mark of Chaos
    Battle Matrch (my favorite)
    I've played them, they're solid fun but the game is dragged down (iI feel) by the focus on Hero units, they can engage enemy units in a Duel that becomes an almost minigame. They're good games though, and should be included in the OP. They had really fun Unit Customisation and a wide variety of armies to choose from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,409 Posts
    Oh fucking hell.
    Friend bought me Last Standalone, which then made steam tell me i owned retribution and would have to download 2 gigs, then the next day the deals and free weekend happen, the download is now 4 gigs.

So now that we both own last standalone we just played Chaos Rising last stand because we cant be arsed to download 4 gigs on shitty aussie bandwidth/speed.

Also, Is the Tau commander good in Last Stand?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #127
    June 2010
    1,896 Posts

Worth every penny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    December 2009
    6,409 Posts
    I also started to like Spac Merens in DoW, Mainly due to being able to counter almost every infantry unit incredibly easy.
    Though when i'm playing with a friend who plays tyranids he gets to a point where he just spams Carnifex, I have no way to counteract that really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #129
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Oh fucking hell.
    Friend bought me Last Standalone, which then made steam tell me i owned retribution and would have to download 2 gigs, then the next day the deals and free weekend happen, the download is now 4 gigs.

So now that we both own last standalone we just played Chaos Rising last stand because we cant be arsed to download 4 gigs on shitty aussie bandwidth/speed.

The Shas'O is fucking poopsock broken and I usually skip players who use it as they are mostly fucktards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

10. Post #130
    January 2009
    8,486 Posts
    Oh fucking hell.

The Tau Commander is very good, not worth full price, but damn good. I just got him to Level 20, he deals massive amounts of damage very quickly, and with my current build I've had very little trouble. Everyone who dies as a Commander I've seen, has been wearing the heavy suit, while I use the Agile Suit and can cross the map in a jump and a half.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #131
    December 2009
    6,409 Posts
    The Tau Commander is very good, not worth full price, but damn good. I just got him to Level 20, he deals massive amounts of damage very quickly, and with my current build I've had very little trouble. Everyone who dies as a Commander I've seen, has been wearing the heavy suit, while I use the Agile Suit and can cross the map in a jump and a half.
    I might buy him after I buy full retribution.

But in the meantime, is the Imperial Guard hero any good?

12. Post #132
    January 2009
    8,486 Posts
    I might buy him after I buy full retribution.

But in the meantime, is the Imperial Guard hero any good?
    He is as well, he was my first Hero I got to level 20. He's entirely reliant on the support he can call in, turrets and troops. I myself used either Ogryns with Commissars and Sergeants, and a Sniper Rifle; Or Guardsmen with Commissars, Combat Expert for myself, and a Plasma Gun. 3 or so Guardsmen get a Plasma Gun then, and later waves become a lot easier.

I always stick with the Heavy Bolter turret, the others are too inaccurate and fire too infrequently.

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,878 Posts
    He is as well, he was my first Hero I got to level 20. He's entirely reliant on the support he can call in, turrets and troops. I myself used either Ogryns with Commissars and Sergeants, and a Sniper Rifle; Or Guardsmen with Commissars, Combat Expert for myself, and a Plasma Gun. 3 or so Guardsmen get a Plasma Gun then, and later waves become a lot easier.

I always stick with the Heavy Bolter turret, the others are too inaccurate and fire too infrequently.
    The fun thing to do is ogryns, inspiring power sword, and all the melee and melee proofing buffs.

Just fuck the things up one on one style.

14. Post #134
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Meh, Space Marine, Ork Mekboy and Tau Commander are the best classes Ive played. I reached wave 20 at level 2 one time with my Tau Commander, I just used jet and kited the dangerous units with Plasma Rifle and Photon Grenade. The Ork Mekboy has the most fun toys to play with and the Space Marine is pretty rock hard. The Ork Mekboy also gets the best ranged weapon you can have at level 1. The Burst Cannon is pretty useless at later waves when a PR is needed. The Big Shoota never reloads, can kill mobs in seconds and can still kick the shit out of everything from Carnifexes to Baneblades.

I generally appreciate Farseers, Captains and Hive Tyrants in my team, Lord Generals don't get a decent piece of wargear that allows them to run away until Level 20. And Ive never seen anyone use it. If you don't have either:

Cheap anti mob abilities and anti heavy abilities
    The Mek Bomber,
    Hive Tyrant mob build,

Then you kite enemies in last stand, and the Lord General is the worst at this. Ive watched him and his minions get swarmed so much in the later stages of the game because he can't outrun or get to cover in time.

15. Post #135
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    I'm gonna buy the Tau Commander, is it worth getting it with any of the DLC bundles too? Since they're only a few pound more.

16. Post #136
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Emperors Champion and AACNMTO: 140

Chaplain Grimaldus 195 pts

This guy looks great:
    Hits on 2's and kills on 2's with his master crafted PP
    Has three holy relics which give 1+ attack within 2D6 in a turn
    Lets my Crusader Squads choose who to charge with Righteous Zeal
    And adds 3+ to the total for their movement in RZ
    Did I mention he can revive himself if he succeeds a LD9 test on death?

Whats the matter? did Mr.Grim just kill one of your Terminators, make his men move an extra 9'' and give everyone near him an extra attack?

Command Squad:167 points
    2 meltas
    1 Chapter Banner Bolter
    3 Bolters
    5 men
    Apothecary
    182 pts

These guys will go just behind my two crusader squads.

Dreadnought: 105 points
    229 points: Crusader Squad ranged
    10 initiates
    3 neophytes
    1 Lascannon
    Plasma gun
    One Power fist
    262 points: Crusader Squad

10 initiates
    7 Neophytes
    One Power fist
    Melta Gun

265 points: Assault Squad
    10 men
    One power fist
    2 Plasma pistols
    Melta bombs

Terminator Squad
    5 men 200 points
    2 Assault Cannons 40 pts
    4 chain fists 15 pts

255 pts total
    Predator Destructor -Heavy Bolter Sponsons 130 pts

I think I went a bit overboard with the AT. I am almost certain I am going to get paired with a Termie spam army.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,555 Posts
    Emperors Champion and AACNMTO: 140

-list-

I think I went a bit overboard with the AT. I am almost certain I am going to get paired with a Termie spam army.
    Your list isn't very clear. Could you write it using the format

Unit - # of Models: Options
    [Point Cost]

Shouldn't the Command squad have Bolt Pistols/CCW to synergise with the Banner/chaplain? What squads are you putting characters in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #138
    December 2009
    2,031 Posts
    What are the actual rules on the Emperor's Champion, I bought one years ago but never got round to using it because I want playing Ultramarines and didn't get how it would work?

19. Post #139
    December 2009
    6,409 Posts
    I ruin everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Your list isn't very clear. Could you write it using the format

Unit - # of Models: Options
    [Point Cost]

Shouldn't the Command squad have Bolt Pistols/CCW to synergise with the Banner/chaplain? What squads are you putting characters in?
    I don't have any CCW men left for the Command Squad, although I won't be playing WYISIG. Ill say they are CCW.

I will put Grim in the melee Crusader Squad and the EC in the Ranged Crusader Squad probably. I will have a staggered advance with the CC Squad at the fore, the Ranged just behind, the Dread at the sidelines and the Command Squad in the middle.

I really don't have any time to rearrange the list as I have to go in a minute, Ill rewrite it when I come back.

Edited:

What are the actual rules on the Emperor's Champion, I bought one years ago but never got round to using it because I want playing Ultramarines and didn't get how it would work?
    WS6 S6 I5 4A on the charge, 2+ save, Iron halo, gives one of four vows to your army.

AACNMTO gives every unit but Neophytes re-rolls to hit in close combat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,878 Posts
    I ruin everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #142
    December 2009
    6,409 Posts
    Even the Sniper is pink when I use it.

Oh boy, The pants that Guardsmen use are fucking hilarious.

Pink and Yellow.

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,878 Posts
    I just press random colour scheeme until something sufficiently eye raping shows up.

Like lime green and bright yellow kahki pattern gaurdsmen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

24. Post #144
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    Warhammer 40.000 Dawn of Swag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,326 Posts
    Is the back cover of the latest White Dwarf issue meant to be upside down? Saw it earlier, can't figure out why they would do that.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,555 Posts
    Is the back cover of the latest White Dwarf issue meant to be upside down? Saw it earlier, can't figure out why they would do that.
    it's a clue for 6th ed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #147
    it's pronounced camel
    May 2010
    3,342 Posts
    Now I remember why I hate Retribution's multiplayer. Just had 3 games, lost all 3. Why? Because one person dropped, another was kicked for lagging everyone and someone was afk throughout the game. Three games, all were 2v3.

28. Post #148
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    I managed to get a very close draw.

My Assault squad failed to deepstrike 3 bloody times and survived 3 mishaps, and when they finally landed it was right next to.....

A Land Raider Crusader with 5 Terminators, Belial and Chaplain. FML.

My Terminators had a mishap on their first time, and they all got killed. Grimaldus and his squad got caught out in the open on an objective, and my Ranged Squad was forced to camp on an objective at the back. The Predator got blown up by his MM Venerable dread that dropped in a DP right next to it, and my Dreadnought got locked in a fight with his. I scored a destroyed result on the Dread, but he made me re-roll it and I got a crew shaken instead. Eventually my Dread beat his, and on the very, very last turn of the game he dived into the middle objective ruin against Belial's Terminators and he contested it. His Thunderhammers couldn't destroy it so it was contested, and my Ranged squad was still alive at the back. They were my last two units.

It was his first time in 2 seasons (GW Seasons every 4 weeks) he hadn't won though, and he has been playing 5 years now. Ive been collecting for 3 and I only started playing properly around November.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,041 Posts
    I thought they did that to separate all of the LOTR stuff they put out a few years ago? I haven't seen a White Dwarf in literally years though so I don't know.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,555 Posts
    I thought they did that to separate all of the LOTR stuff they put out a few years ago? I haven't seen a White Dwarf in literally years though so I don't know.
    They did that ages ago, but stopped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Also, according to a bunch of people including the owner who has been at it 10 years the whole 2+ invulnerable saves and re-rolls at T5 and 6 wounds is true, its from Forgeworld.

And its perfectly possible to fit it into a 650 pt game which I could see from where I was playing, where the person I hate the most, even more than the guy who played Tau, was using like 6 Terminators and Draigo. Yeah, he lost.

He critescized my Ork Deff Rolla against the positive comments among everyone I showed it to, because he is still butthurt that same Deff Rolla smashed 5 Paladins in a turn several weeks ago, losing him that season.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,326 Posts
    What do you mean the seperate all of the LOTR stuff? The front cover has Gandalf, the back has a W40K anniversary thing but it's upside down.

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,548 Posts
    Also, according to a bunch of people including the owner who has been at it 10 years the whole 2+ invulnerable saves and re-rolls at T5 and 6 wounds is true, its from Forgeworld.
    If he played against you using Forgeworld Rules, and you weren't allowed to (since you didn'tk now ahead of time, you couldn't and couldn't plan around it) it's still scummy cheating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

34. Post #154
    January 2009
    8,486 Posts
    A thread on /tg/ is making me weep. It's comparing the 4E Chaos Codex to 5E, and how much shitter it got. Why. Why aren't Raptors any good any more? Why can't I buy Veteran Skills that mean my 10 Millennia of Warfare actually mean something? WHYYYY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,326 Posts
    A thread on /tg/ is making me weep. It's comparing the 4E Chaos Codex to 5E, and how much shitter it got. Why. Why aren't Raptors any good any more? Why can't I buy Veteran Skills that mean my 10 Millennia of Warfare actually mean something? WHYYYY
    Because GW is no longer the same company and make lots of stupid choices now.

What did they replace Imperial Guard Doctrines with? That was a really good thing for them but i think they got rid of it.

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Wasn't that 3.5e?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,785 Posts
    The orders system. I like the "new" orders system, but I think IG should have access to both that and doctrines still to give it more flavour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    Wasn't that 3.5e?
    Yea. The thread even says 3.5e.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #159
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,956 Posts
    So I bought all of the Dawn of War games and all of the DLC.

Are they any good? I've never tried warhammer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    What did they replace Imperial Guard Doctrines with? That was a really good thing for them but i think they got rid of it.
    Uh... Veterans still have access to Doctrines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events