1. Post #201
    June 2011
    144 Posts
    The story being non-existent? Implying there was a solid story in L4D1?
    When did I imply there was a solid story in L4D1? This is part of the problem I'm talking about. No story, no intricate gameplay, maximum repetition.

It's really more about the versus aspect, the competitive nature that drives the enjoyment for me. L4D2 is still my favorite Valve game
    A game should never resort using the human element as an excuse for the story being non-existant and having overly simple super-repetitive gameplay in every level. L4D [and L4D2 were] stand-alone full-price games, not versus-only-oriented $20 Orange Box components.
    Also some people bought into the series based on the developer saying it was fundementally a co-op "survivor-experience".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,728 Posts
    Well verifying the game cache didn't do shit. In fact, it made it worse. At lease before I could play the game, now it just crashes on launch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,676 Posts
    When's the last time you updated your videocard drivers?

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,804 Posts
    When did I imply there was a solid story in L4D1? This is part of the problem I'm talking about. No story, no intricate gameplay, maximum repetition.

Also some people bought into the series based on the developer saying it was fundementally a co-op "survivor-experience".
    I wasn't talking about the story

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,728 Posts
    When's the last time you updated your videocard drivers?
    Like two weeks ago. It's fine though. I completely reinstalled the game and now it's all good.

6. Post #206
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    11,621 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    My tanks and chargers are invisible. Anyone know a fix?
    Do you have any custom skins installed? If so, delete them.

8. Post #208
    He propably became a man of faith after that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

9. Post #209
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    This isn't pairing art.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    June 2010
    5,433 Posts
    Weird shit happens in 16 player servers.

How do I M60

I got blinded by being raised from incap. Funny thing is, I managed to reach the safe room all the way from the tunnels by following the auras nevertheless.

Louis is tired of life or accidentally took Depressants instead of Ibuprofen

Which survivor is not like the others?

Goddamnit Zoey why can't you hold guns right

Okay I really got nothing to comment on this one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

11. Post #211
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    "i am unicorn!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #212
    May 2011
    344 Posts
    the most awesome of all is that you are playing with vanilla game lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Man, I forgot this dude existed. He did Super Smash Bros. machinima for awhile, and all of the sudden he does a L4D one.

Okay, for those who don't like this kind of stuff, there's pairings involved here. This is your warning.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    Got a 50% off left4dead2 coupon, anyone want?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    October 2010
    11,645 Posts
    Man, I forgot this dude existed. He did Super Smash Bros. machinima for awhile, and all of the sudden he does a L4D one.

Okay, for those who don't like this kind of stuff, there's pairings involved here. This is your warning.

I'm pretty sure that's considered a gmod machinima

16. Post #216
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Bill didn't die. He went to Spain to rescue the President's daughter.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Glory To Victotzka
    November 2010
    1,062 Posts
    Pointless and useless bump, but would anyone be game for trying to find or recreate the L4D1 beta sounds? Become a lot more interested in them for some reason. I realise most of the sounds can be directly ripped from CS:S but some of them seem to be edited or completely different.

Reference:

EDIT: I mean weapon sounds, sorry for the crap elaboration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

18. Post #218
    June 2010
    5,433 Posts
    Pointless and useless bump, but would anyone be game for trying to find or recreate the L4D1 beta sounds? Become a lot more interested in them for some reason. I realise most of the sounds can be directly ripped from CS:S but some of them seem to be edited or completely different.

Reference:
    Jesus, Left 4 Dead looked REALLY gritty.

More pics.

Louis, you got something on your face...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #219
    There are some sounds that leave trails from the Beta, they are just unused or cut out because they didn't seem either of the following: Realistic, logical, well-recorded etc.

It just came to my mind that Zoey's arrive$rescuevehicle lines and radioused$rescuevehicle still have her old voice actor, it was when I playbacked them in Audacity and heard them in-game

I wish they never took out the I Hear a TANK lines, I would even want the following:

Reaction Apprehensive
    Answer Lost Call
    Emphatic No
    Francis's Generic56 & 61 because they seem related to Friendly Fire and Dead Center (just met up with each other)
    Grief$gendergeneric (where $gender is the gender of the Survivor, Female would be for Zoey & Rochelle while Male is.. basically for the six male Survivors. OR they could be for seeing a dead person the Survivors might know or recognize) for mourning a Survivor without knowing their name, but, no wait, Source CANNOT detect the gender of a model by itself! It needs the global_actors.txt to explain everything!
    Swear Coup de Grace for killing a Special/Player Infected who recently or just killed a Survivor just before you deplete his/her health
    Team Kill on Purpose for trolls or extreme griefers (Did you know that the old L4D1 intros had Francis's teamkillonpurpose05 still used? It's listed in the Closed Captions)
    Uncertain, which could be for when hearing a Special Infected and not recognizing/knowing them
    Vocalfidgets? They're in the closed captions but I don't know what they sound like, should we ask Valve to give us the cut lines?
    Sawsomething, such as seeing something in the dark with the "Look!" command without the flashlight or seeing an SI/PZ (Special Infected/Player Zombie) when not familiar
    ZombieGeneric$Length (where $length is the length of the dialogue, short or long. Could have been used for the Elevator chatting in No Mercy or something?)
    SelfUseHealth for Zoey only, in case you'd want to play as her in Last Man on Earth (Mutation1). NOTE: Zoey said she was not interested in Francis's improvement if Francis was The Last Man on Earth in the Beta Intro!

And then there's the removed lines for the NPCs, from SmallTown (Death Toll) to Farm (Blood Harvest). You guys should know that Crash Course seems to have some very small things restored from the L4D Beta, why can't they just put in everything mentioned in the subtitle files?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    comix time with isis.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,728 Posts
    In campaigns that have custom weapons, do you guys see the icons for them on your hud? Because I don't and it's really bothering me.

22. Post #222

November 2008
    99 Posts
    l4d3 will be worth the weight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb x 4Agree x 2Disagree x 1Useful x 1Late x 1Friendly x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #223

August 2011
    3 Posts
    i hate to ask this because i think this kinda thing is virtually dead but here goes
    can anyone help me with a couple mods for this game? i really dont know anything about it but im VERY willing to learn. just a few character/weapon models ported to this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #224
    I don't always look faggots in the eyes, but I'm doing it right now.
    July 2010
    490 Posts
    Coach takes on a rapping career after escaping the parish.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    September 2011
    2,065 Posts
    Coach takes on a rapping career after escaping the parish.

das gon' be, das das gon' be

hah that's hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    God, stop posting these dumb fucking L4D comics. I know it's content but it's not even good content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    October 2010
    5,278 Posts
    A lot of people liked the Isis comics before.

What's with the sudden hate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,427 Posts
    Content is content. Whether or not it's good or bad is an opinion of the content. Granted, most people might agree on an opinion, but there are still others who like the content and regardless will post it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    October 2010
    11,645 Posts
    A lot of people liked the Isis comics before.

What's with the sudden hate?
    Liked? Almost every one that got posted was criticized

they're almost all alike
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #230
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    Liked? Almost every one that got posted was criticized

they're almost all alike

Yeah, I've never once seen any type of support for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,376 Posts
    Yeah, I've never once seen any type of support for them.
    Clearly you weren't around for the old L4D section. Most people liked them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #232
    October 2010
    11,645 Posts
    Clearly you weren't around for the old L4D section. Most people liked them.
    I was, and they weren't as stale as they are now

most of the scenarios aren't that different anymore

33. Post #233
    July 2010
    424 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #234
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Yes it's Zoey/Ellis fluff. No, I don't care.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 8Funny x 3Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    I don't always look faggots in the eyes, but I'm doing it right now.
    July 2010
    490 Posts
    This Zoey loves Ellis is bullshit. Zoey is obviously into Louis.

Fucking kids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    5,728 Posts
    I can't tell if you're serious or not. But I always thought that.

37. Post #237
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    11,621 Posts
    I can't tell if you're serious or not. But I always thought that.
    It's the only thing I've ever wanted to be true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    This artwork is super effective.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    This artwork is super effective.

Wild TANK used Rock Throw!
    A critical hit!
    It's super effective!
    BILL fainted!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    February 2011
    2,049 Posts
    Wild TANK used Rock Throw!
    A critical hit!
    It's super effective!
    BILL fainted!
    Louis used MOLOTOV

It's super effective!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)