1. Post #3281
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3282
    September 2007
    1,174 Posts
    Just looked at my library and saw Dota 2 in there. Installing now.

3. Post #3283
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,706 Posts
    Just looked at my library and saw Dota 2 in there. Installing now.
    Prepare for hate, but eventual enjoyment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #3284
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,257 Posts
    Unless you want to make it so the range display is only visible while you're pushing the button, then I think you're screwed.
    Why not do a keybind?

"+range" "dota_range_display xxxx"
    "-range" "dota_range_display 0"
    "bind <key> +range"

5. Post #3285
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,706 Posts
    Why not do a keybind?

"+range" "dota_range_display xxxx"
    "-range" "dota_range_display 0"
    "bind <key> +range"
    That's a keybound alias.
    Gotta be precise here, ya know..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #3286
    April 2009
    819 Posts
    Just got into the beta and can't seem to install it on my mac...

Windows can not be argued that it's best now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

7. Post #3287
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,257 Posts
    That's a keybound alias.
    Gotta be precise here, ya know..
    Well... yeah. Also technically it'd be
    Code:
    alias "+range" "dota_range_display xxxx"
    but I was going purely from memory and didn't actually look anything up until now.

8. Post #3288
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,706 Posts
    Just got into the beta and can't seem to install it on my mac...

Windows can not be argued that it's best now.
    Mac client not available as yet. They've confirmed they will though.

9. Post #3289
    September 2007
    1,174 Posts
    Prepare for hate, but eventual enjoyment.
    I'm well aware, been playing LoL for almost a year now. (Yes I'm aware that they're very different games, but the communities are both shit.) Been reading guides watching videos and such for the last few months. I'm excited to have more than one team comp. and as stupid as it sounds the noise for last hitting makes me smile every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #3290
    April 2009
    819 Posts
    Mac client not available as yet. They've confirmed they will though.
    Yeah I know, was just a bit of a joke.

Also to spit in my face my internet is down for 2 weeks apparently. Otherwise I'd just virtual machine it.

11. Post #3291
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,798 Posts
    I think I should just mute the voice chat, so far I haven't had any good experiences with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #3292
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    I think I should just mute the voice chat, so far I haven't had any good experiences with it
    You could just mute/report the people who are problematic, that way if you get a teammate who doesn't want to type, but isn't abusive on voice, you can still hear them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

13. Post #3293
    January 2011
    4,170 Posts
    Dota2 is realy good, they realy did a good work recreating dota.
    I played two matches and they were pretty fun. The first one was kinda good, but most of our team had no idea what to do so they left, and around the end I was the only one who stayed.
    The second one was better, but someone in our team left around the start and it kinda ruined the match for us but it was still a good one.
    I lost both matches but atleast I had fun.
    And I was lucky enough to not find any "pros" in those matches, thank god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

14. Post #3294
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,271 Posts
    it's pretty stupid when some ruskie goes, "you r muted now )))" when i'm trying to give him advice like where to wad and what to buy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #3295
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,798 Posts
    it's pretty stupid when some ruskie goes, "you r muted now )))" when i'm trying to give him advice like where to wad and what to buy.
    yeah, that's what I do (in other games), stuff like "you shouldn't build that item, dude"

then I get called a troll and get reported for flaming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

16. Post #3296
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,211 Posts
    Great, got dc/d and now I cant rejoin because they thought it was a great idea to incorporate steam community into the joining process

Edited:

I better not fucking be in low priority or I will flip shit

17. Post #3297
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,706 Posts
    Great, got dc/d and now I cant rejoin because they thought it was a great idea to incorporate steam community into the joining process

Edited:

18. Post #3298
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    I had a game earlier with Nam(Furion). Pudge called mid and Nam was jungling, so I took solo top(Dire side)

I actually did really good (I played Clinkz, ofc), which surprised me. I died like 2 times total in laning, once when I went for a creep kill and got shackled/burrowstriked(Rhasta/Sand King), and once when Pudge missed an MIA and Night Stalker came up and dove me.

Rest of the game I only had 1 death while I was farming the neutral camp closest to the Radiant base, because Bounty Hunter tracked me right before I went stealth and the entire enemy team came at me.

The funniest part of the whole game, though, was Sand King building Battle Fury and Vladimir's, and then saying his team was retarded.

TL;DR, I learned that Clinkz can solo a side lane in a game with a dumb/troll Sand King on the enemy team.

E: And we won.

Edited:

Edited:

Unless you've left a fuckton of games, you're fine. It takes more than 1 abandon to get low priority, and I'm sure you'll be fine with the steam servers down right now anyways.

19. Post #3299
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    Well if you're playing clinkz vs an sk, it's pretty hard to lose lane, especially since hes a melee and you have an absolutely amazing orb.

20. Post #3300
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    Well if you're playing clinkz vs an sk, it's pretty hard to lose lane, especially since hes a melee and you have an absolutely amazing orb.
    Rhasta isn't melee, though.

21. Post #3301
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts
    Servers down, or at least having issues. Getting a Steam Cloud error and "Connecting to Dota 2 network..."

22. Post #3302
    September 2007
    1,174 Posts
    I'm very intrigued by Tidehunter. I like the idea of a support/ganker hero, what other champs should I check out that are similar in play style?

23. Post #3303
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,271 Posts
    I'm very intrigued by Tidehunter. I like the idea of a support/ganker hero, what other champs should I check out that are similar in play style?
    earthshaker, sand king, shadow shaman just off the top of my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #3304
    April 2009
    819 Posts
    So is there currently some form of "if you're experienced, you play with experienced people" ranking system?

After reading some of the comments on here a lot of you complain that people leave or just generally play crap.

25. Post #3305
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,595 Posts
    So is there currently some form of "if you're experienced, you play with experienced people" ranking system?

After reading some of the comments on here a lot of you complain that people leave or just generally play crap.
    There is a ranking system, but my understanding is that it isn't very good.

26. Post #3306
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts

Yeah, there is an MMR (matchmaking rank) system. I have about 30ish games won, and I get put with people who have from 10 to 45 games won. People on the first page of the Watch tab have between 350 and 500 games won generally. The system's hidden, so no one's quite sure how it works yet.

27. Post #3307
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,624 Posts
    Yeah, there is an MMR (matchmaking rank) system. I have about 30ish games won, and I get put with people who have from 10 to 45 games won. People on the first page of the Watch tab have between 350 and 500 games won generally. The system's hidden, so no one's quite sure how it works yet.
    It could, y'know, have something to do with your losses, too.

28. Post #3308
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    Rhasta isn't melee, though.
    Figured they had rhasta mid.

I've never played wg3 dota so I've never had a chance to see the capabilities of techies and I'm still scared of the day when they add him to dota 2.

29. Post #3309
    April 2009
    819 Posts
    Oh okay that's a relief but it would be nice if it gets a bit more precise.

What would be really great is if everything affected your rank. If they could somehow score how good of a player you are and not how many times you win a team based game then you wouldn't be able to really be dragged down that much.

Edited:

Figured they had rhasta mid.

I've never played wg3 dota so I've never had a chance to see the capabilities of techies and I'm still scared of the day when they add him to dota 2.
    I never really thought techies was THAT big of a problem everyone makes him out to be. If you have good enough map awareness and some wards out you can basically tell where he is and what he is doing.

Avoid popular paths (straight down the river), Ward the runes, have a magic immune hero walk through the runes every often and keep his levels down and he's no problem. Squishy heros just need to be harassed a lot and not fed and they aren't a big deal. Just annoying.

30. Post #3310
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,595 Posts
    Yeah that's the issue with the current ranking system. When I first started playing I got lucky and played on teams that where way better than the opposing team, even with the fact that I was nothing more than luggage. Before long I started ending up playing games with people who where way above my skill level.

I imagine that the Techies is one of those heroes that can destroy people that are inexperienced, but as soon as said people learn how to ward he becomes useless.

31. Post #3311
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    Actually Techies land mines go thru magic inmunity and I never placed mines in the rune spot, that's waaaay to obvious.

With Techies you abuse the fog to your advantage, you make the enemy fear the fog, fear to step in a non-warded spot, to walk without necronomicons or gem. He "turtles" the game to the advantage of his team thus making carries live a happy life of farming 24/7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Guatemala Show Events

32. Post #3312
    Ask me about my ex-boyfriend being raided by the FBI
    August 2009
    1,862 Posts
    This is confirmed. There were a few cases where people won their first 20-odd games, and were ranked so high that they could never find a game.

33. Post #3313
    April 2009
    819 Posts
    Actually Techies land mines go thru magic inmunity and I never placed mines in the rune spot, that's waaaay to obvious.
    Is it physical damage then?

34. Post #3314
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,157 Posts
    No word of warning and I just got it too.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #3315
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,706 Posts
    That bastard will never get an Unusual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #3316
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,921 Posts
    For the love of god finish those downloads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #3317
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,157 Posts
    For the love of god finish those downloads.
    My bandwidth is poop. I can't do all of them at once, so I just left them. Plus, I never play them. Much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #3318
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,043 Posts
    I recently got the "Congratulations!" email from Valve :buddy:

I'm terrible at this game. I've won once out of about 15, and that was farming mid as bloodseeker. Am I doing it wrong?

39. Post #3319
    September 2007
    1,174 Posts
    I just did my first bot game, was really rough at first. But once I got used to last hitting it smoothed out and I won. Was only behind by like 10 cs at the end.

40. Post #3320
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts
    Okay, I was just saying what I know because all you can see are wins on other peoples' profiles.

Thanks for mentioning losses, I learned something new today. I wonder, though. My W:L was 1:1, so my questions are "did that guy with 45 wins have 45 losses? Did that guy with 10 have 10 losses? Or more, and he had a more even number of total games as us?"