1. Post #2681
    October 2009
    12,667 Posts
    I really enjoy playing Death Prophet. Especially as mid. Just harass the fuck out of them with Q and take towers when needed. And get tanky as fuck late game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2682
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,133 Posts
    I like this game because it's addicting, no matter how much you rage at it (which is quite ironic). What I don't like about most of the MOBA's is having a bad team, and somehow i end up getting more and more of them. For example, people who don't speak english, people who troll and become an asshole thoughtout the game, people who are unsupportive, bad leadership and people who don't communicate at all, and not call out missing people.
    You know what I'd play all the time if I didn't run into mooks like this all the time?

Supports, gankers and initiators.

Nothing is more fun than roaming Sven. Nothing feels better than a pro Shackle Shot. Nothing is as satisfying as a perfect Engima ultie. God damn, it's so much fucking fun. Way better than farming as a carry for 30 min before you end the game from sheer force.

Edited:

I made a Dota 2 keyboard for me.

(Keys are "wrong" because it's a Dvorak layout.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

3. Post #2683
    May 2011
    3,158 Posts
    I know almost everything how the game works currently, I enjoy knowing stuff, but I usually loose because I can't play carries at all. Exept occasional Slardar/Sven with Armlet/MoM/BKB.

And I have yet to loose a game as roaming Sven, it's also very fun to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

4. Post #2684
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    Tinker and skelly king are my "oh you are on a lose streak let me fix that for you"

I'm yet to lose a match with either of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

5. Post #2685
    September 2009
    486 Posts
    Still not sure what items to get and at what time for 'Skeleton King'. Could someone tell, please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

6. Post #2686
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,705 Posts
    Ugh got out of a mm game where I was bot lane with an alch. I'm AM, and this bro be getting all my last hits, and when I ask nicely "give the poor irish man some farm please" he says "ZOMG DOOD IM THE CARRY."

I then try to carefully and logically explain why AM is banned in comp, and instead he completely disregards all of that, tries to carry, and we end up losing late game because I barely got my BF at 32 minutes.
    you can switch lanes with people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

7. Post #2687
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,164 Posts
    Some faggot named Maruhai.

Edited:

Still not sure what items to get and at what time for 'Skeleton King'. Could someone tell, please?
    Armlet.
    Armletarmletarmletarmlet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #2688
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    who troll and become an asshole thoughtout the game
    Pretty much this, and leavers, are what ruined HoN for me. Every match had some asshole who got banned or just made a new account just to play with new players then bitched when his team was indeed- new players.

The one thing I liked a lot was the player-made ingame guides that walked you through the basics, listed what to buy and also guides that existed for very specific builds. It was nice to just open the store and read how to handle a certain situation with your current hero.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #2689
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    1,497 Posts
    Ugh got out of a mm game where I was bot lane with an alch. I'm AM, and this bro be getting all my last hits, and when I ask nicely "give the poor irish man some farm please" he says "ZOMG DOOD IM THE CARRY."

I then try to carefully and logically explain why AM is banned in comp, and instead he completely disregards all of that, tries to carry, and we end up losing late game because I barely got my BF at 32 minutes.
    Are you serious?

The fact that you laned with another carry in the first place makes you dumb. Doesn't matter who carries harder, Alchemist is still a carry, and he needs farm for items too. You probably lost because you focused on explaining to him "Comp play" and not focusing on your play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #2690
    June 2009
    3,692 Posts
    Treads, Armlet, BKB are core.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #2691
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    then rapier and refresher and you are good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2692
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    Are you serious?

The fact that you laned with another carry in the first place makes you dumb. Doesn't matter who carries harder, Alchemist is still a carry, and he needs farm for items too. You probably lost because you focused on explaining to him "Comp play" and not focusing on your play.

Honestly. In pubs a team of 5 carries might win because the other team doesn't realies they have advantage only until late game that will inevitably come.

Carrying with another carry is possible. For example, with AM and Alch there could be an agreement. They get two or three ganks somewhat early (needs 3rd player) so that AM can get his very basic stuff early, Alch starves for a moment.
    AM has let's say threads/ half of battle fury, he goes onto skirmishes with said ganker onto another lane to earn his other half of Battlefure. Alch freefarms lane that is likely unoccupied because 4 players are plaguing 2 other lanes.
    AM gets Battle Fury, farms jungle and Alch, if possible, farms on lane adjescent to Jungle so those 2 cover each other against 1-2 men ganks, while team roams and does it shit.

I am by no means knowledgeable, but that's how I imagine this working in a game where people are open to ideas and don't care much for composition.

Don't take this as me smart-assing around, I just see a situation and try to solve it without unrequired critcisim which on "Pub" level of Dota isn't needed, i.e. competetive play examples.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

13. Post #2693
    September 2009
    486 Posts
    Thank you. Did run around with the armlet and power treads, yet treads or boots of travel is a better option to chase down opponents..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

14. Post #2694
    March 2010
    8,396 Posts
    phase boots on skelly better, chase like a bitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #2695
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts

People misunderstand the role of Alchemist sometimes, because of his Goblin Greed and his ulti. He is a carry but not as good as Magina unless he is completely farmed so if you already have a hard carry in your team, you should play as more of a support/pusher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Guatemala Show Events

16. Post #2696
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts

First game as OD, went pretty well.

17. Post #2697
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    No, it's not. Two wards and using your head can stop Pudge from ganking anyone. I'm not even exaggerating. Wards on the rune spots. If he isn't in a lane and you haven't seen him pass by the runes recently then you should be aware. Where was he last? Are you over extended? If he tries to hook you are there creeps between you can him? Bam. Three easy questions that can save your ass and never be hooked by Pudge.

Edited:

"I don't have an argument anymore so I'm running away."

Edited:

I came here to post this and say it may be the saddest thing I've ever seen, but then we had this whole Pudge argument so it's now the second saddest thing.
    Or maybe it's becuase I went to sleep at a decent time.

show me how to ward the enemy base without getting noticed and you've got a argument. Otherwise you just keep repeating "wards lol your so sad".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #2698
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    735 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2699
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Needs MoM

20. Post #2700
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #2701
    Dragon Member
    January 2006
    1,312 Posts
    Which buttons do you usually assign for control groups and items?
    I'm trying to decide which ones to assign to numbers, but I really can't think of better keys for either. The numbers are just so convenient for items and control groups, but can't really use them for both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

22. Post #2702
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    I'm trying to decide which ones to assign to numbers, but I really can't think of better keys for either. The numbers are just so convenient for items and control groups, but can't really use them for both.
    I got 1-6 over WSAD for items,
    im thinking of binding some items to my mouse buttons tho.

23. Post #2703
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,569 Posts
    I have all my numbers for control groups, and I use alt + qweasd for items.

Thinking about changing it to asdzxc though, since I have right-click deny on, and changing alt+qwer back to auto-cast toggle for orbs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #2704
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    So, what are the chances that the Chieftain is going to stay a Minotaur/"Tauren"? (Because apparently Blizzard had to make up a name instead of just going with the one everyone uses)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

25. Post #2705
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    For the love of the Omniscience, Pudge's claw needs to collide with walls.

I don't care what kind of balance/rework he needs not to become "UP", (Which would never happen anyways) it's utter bullshit how he can pull you through a SOLID WALL.
    dude i am not kidding you are genuinely the worst ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2706
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    dude i am not kidding you are genuinely the worst ever
    I disagree with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2707
    May 2011
    3,158 Posts
    So, what are the chances that the Chieftain is going to stay a Minotaur/"Tauren"? (Because apparently Blizzard had to make up a name instead of just going with the one everyone uses)
    Prolly the same that are doing with Brewmaster and what they did to Barathrum.
    Close, but not quite. Can't be certain which option they're going for but propably towering animal-like guy with totem as a weapon.

28. Post #2708
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts
    I disagree with you.
    He has a point. You are just whining about ability that, honestly, is well done and interesting and yet to be removed from any MOBA game I've seen. League has Blitz, HoN has it's Pudge (can't recall the name), etc.

This is simple ability, a reverse blink on enemy that requires you to land a skillshot. It helps Pudge to serve his role as ganker, distruptor, isolator and tank.
    He ganks with it just as a good Mirana ganks with her arrow THAT FLIES THROUGH WALLS.
    He distrupts people's fight by either removing people from important places (Void from his Chronosphere) or placing them where they do not want to be, like, let's say, Earthshaker's Fissure WHICH IS WALL THAT GOES THROUGH WALLS.
    He isolates precise targets with his ultimate and he can get them in it's range easily with hook, just like Enigma gets people in range of his ultimate with Blink Dagger.
    Also, he tanks cause he is fat and hook disallows easy escape from fat bastard.

Honestly, Pudge's hook is here to make him valiable in his roles without making him use Blink Dagger, which would require some rework to make it balanced with Ultimate, Rot and new ability.

You don't like being pulled by a good Pudge, learn to dodge it. Pudge is better than you, place some wards so you can see it coming early and dodge it then. You still can't dodge it, practice it. It's same thing as pracitcing juking in the forest or last-hitting, important part of the game.

29. Post #2709
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    He has a point. You are just whining about ability that, honestly, is well done and interesting and yet to be removed from any MOBA game I've seen. League has Blitz, HoN has it's Pudge (can't recall the name), etc.

This is simple ability, a reverse blink on enemy that requires you to land a skillshot. It helps Pudge to serve his role as ganker, distruptor, isolator and tank.
    He ganks with it just as a good Mirana ganks with her arrow THAT FLIES THROUGH WALLS.
    He distrupts people's fight by either removing people from important places (Void from his Chronosphere) or placing them where they do not want to be, like, let's say, Earthshaker's Fissure WHICH IS WALL THAT GOES THROUGH WALLS.
    He isolates precise targets with his ultimate and he can get them in it's range easily with hook, just like Enigma gets people in range of his ultimate with Blink Dagger.
    Also, he tanks cause he is fat and hook disallows easy escape from fat bastard.

Honestly, Pudge's hook is here to make him valiable in his roles without making him use Blink Dagger, which would require some rework to make it balanced with Ultimate, Rot and new ability.

You don't like being pulled by a good Pudge, learn to dodge it. Pudge is better than you, place some wards so you can see it coming early and dodge it then. You still can't dodge it, practice it. It's same thing as pracitcing juking in the forest or last-hitting, important part of the game.
    I've never died (or even been hit by) to mirana's arrows going through a wall, so I wouldn't know.

And fissure makes sense because it goes UNDER the wall. The point is is that he has a skill shot which, albiet easy to avoid in theory, is impossible to avoid through a wall that blocks all vision. icing on the cake is that his non-magical hook somehow goes through a solid wall. It makes no sense and is not balanced.

Everyone else that can go through walls has a good excuse. Him being able to do it is stupid and lazy and no Tri-A title should have such a stupid mechanic. It's not balanced, it's not fun to play against, and the only reason it hasn't been changed is because of the purist who want the game to be exactly like DotA in everyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

30. Post #2710
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,538 Posts
    After 6.73 versions of DOTA, do you think they would have not changed it if it was imbalanced?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #2711
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,133 Posts
    Treads, Armlet, BKB are core.
    I actually don't get a BKB on Skeleton because of his ultie. If you go into a fight with this ultie up you should willingly take their spells, die, get back up and the enemy's got nothing now because they blew it all on you. One of the new Str carries I don't recommend a BKB on because of it.

Edited:

I've never died (or even been hit by) to mirana's arrows going through a wall, so I wouldn't know.

And fissure makes sense because it goes UNDER the wall. The point is is that he has a skill shot which, albiet easy to avoid in theory, is impossible to avoid through a wall that blocks all vision. icing on the cake is that his non-magical hook somehow goes through a solid wall. It makes no sense and is not balanced.

Everyone else that can go through walls has a good excuse. Him being able to do it is stupid and lazy and no Tri-A title should have such a stupid mechanic. It's not balanced, it's not fun to play against, and the only reason it hasn't been changed is because of the purist who want the game to be exactly like DotA in everyway.
    HOLY SHIT ITS A VIDEO GAME GET GOOD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2712
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I also think the idea that he is specifically excluded from blink dagger is stupid. Icefrog was just unable to fix a few blink exploits on the Warcraft engine and it got carried over, same with Vengeful Spirit.

There are various ways you could fix it, but instead you just blatantly disallow two characters from using a useful item because there is a small exploit involved in it.

An exploit that could be solved in various ways- Have a flying courier bring you a home scroll, or have a suicide button implemented. It's not that hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

33. Post #2713
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts

Yeah, because in a game with walking skeletons, flying donkeys and time-stopping faceless things shit has to make sence.

You suck and you are too lazy to try and learn how to counter Pudge, this "unbalanced" thing its just an excuse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

34. Post #2714
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    16,133 Posts
    You are sitting here literally trying to argue the role of a ganker. Did you know that Mirana's arrow can be shot outside your vision range and stun you for five seconds? Maybe that should be blocked by walls and trees. Did you know that Earthshaker could cast Fissure outside your vision range if you're in a lane? Maybe we should just have a big light pop over his head when he uses it. But you know what? That is what gankers do. That is Pudge's role. He makes your life a living hell. As does Sven, and Venge and Windrunner and Dark Seer. Any hero that ganks as a critical role. Maybe they should all be nerfed somehow so they don't kick your ass anymore.

You sound like you're just bitching and moaning and have no idea what wards even are because if you did you wouldn't have this problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

35. Post #2715
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    10,164 Posts
    I also think the idea that he is specifically excluded from blink dagger is stupid. Icefrog was just unable to fix a few blink exploits on the Warcraft engine and it got carried over, same with Vengeful Spirit.

There are various ways you could fix it, but instead you just blatantly disallow two characters from using a useful item because there is a small exploit involved in it.

An exploit that could be solved in various ways- Have a flying courier bring you a home scroll, or have a suicide button implemented. It's not that hard.
    We don't want you in this thread anymore.
    Please go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

36. Post #2716
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    So I got a key off playdota, I told myself I would give it out the second I got one. When you activate the code you get two invites in your inventory, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #2717
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    4,926 Posts

1. Mirana's arrow literally changes elevation as it goes through walls, phase boots allow you to walk through people and Invoker summons an instant meteor from space. It's for fun, not for logic, physics, chemistry and science. I don't think that hook breaks too many laws, just imagine it as being throw so skillfully, it curves and then drags person over the obstacles.

2. Pudge and Vengeful Spirit were disallowed to buy Blink Dagger for technical reasons of Dota 1. There have been shitton more instances like this, thus we are so thankful to Valve for giving game Source as an engine allowing it to become a stand-alone product, suspectible to engine fixes. Just like we don't have many shops and there is no more need to combine items manually, Pudge and VS are likely to be treated with a patch that will allow them to purchase blink dagger, or will get reworked. Honestly, I don't think it would be that hard. Force staff is already purchaseable on both of them, just a few tweaks would be needed.

38. Post #2718
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    Yeah, because in a game with walking skeletons, flying donkeys and time-stopping faceless things shit has to make sence.

You suck and you are too lazy to try and learn how to counter Pudge, this "unbalanced" thing its just an excuse.
    Walking skeletons are fine. It's fiction. Being pulled through a solid surface with no explanation isn't. That's laziness.

You sound like you're just bitching and moaning and have no idea what wards even are because if you did you wouldn't have this problem.
    I know what wards are and keep them placed. I main Omniknight and Warlock. That's not the problem, I have no problem getting killed by a Pudge that set up in the forest and destroyed me because that's his job.

What I DO have problem with his his ability to sit inside his base during a team battle either defending or attacking the base and instantly killing you do to the fact that his teammates allow him to see you, but because he's behind a 3 foot thick 10 foot tall wall you can't see him. Once you're behind that wall, your ass is grass unless you're a major tank or you can pull a really nice save with a class like Omniknight, Enigma, or Dazzle.

We don't want you in this thread anymore.
    Please go.
    "I disagree with you but can't provide a counterpoint so just leave."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

39. Post #2719
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,864 Posts
    show me how to ward the enemy base without getting noticed and you've got a argument. Otherwise you just keep repeating "wards lol your so sad".
    To one of your previous comments:

Skip to minute 6. The whole guide should work for you thought. You seriously need it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Guatemala Show Events

40. Post #2720
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,569 Posts
    Prolly the same that are doing with Brewmaster and what they did to Barathrum.
    Close, but not quite. Can't be certain which option they're going for but propably towering animal-like guy with totem as a weapon.
    Don't forget Earthshaker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events