1. Post #4081
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    11,202 Posts
    I played with a Skeleton King earlier today that maxed Vampiric Aura first...
    You have ONE ACTIVE SKILL you FUCKING MORON how can you even fuck up that much
    Needless to say we got absolutely destroyed. He kept blaming it on lag but last time I checked lag doesn't give you severe mental trauma
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #4082
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    I played with a Skeleton King earlier today that maxed Vampiric Aura first...
    You have ONE ACTIVE SKILL you FUCKING MORON how can you even fuck up that much
    Needless to say we got absolutely destroyed. He kept blaming it on lag but last time I checked lag doesn't give you severe mental trauma
    Speaking of skeleton king, I got one that had 4 revives. Needless to say, we came back and won.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4083
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,058 Posts
    Man, I just had a great match. It was my first match against other actual players online, as opposed to bots (because I got sick of bots, they're dumb and annoying, and always win D:), and this was the outcome:

I'm not sure if this is good by your guys' standards, but I thought I was playing well. Also commended Resolute, saved my ass several times and was a relatively good player all around.

4. Post #4084
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,876 Posts
    i dont know, but of all heroes, good pudges are the ones that stand out the most for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #4085
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    Man, how hard is it to tell people Ursa SK is an early rosh? We ganked them once but my team didn't think they would do it again. Surprise surprise! Who knew they would?

6. Post #4086
    February 2012
    241 Posts
    After many months of waiting i finally got accepted into the Beta!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

7. Post #4087
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,644 Posts

How I feel when playing Shadow Demon.

Edited:

Also I jungled as SD. Was Radiant side so I stacked the bottom left camp about 5 times, then smoked and spammed sonic boom at it. Did a lot more damage than I expected, since I was only level 3. Our SB kept whining about how bad his lane was, then fed a few kills and left. Venge said I was useless even after I secured several kills with my poison, then bitched at us and left the moment SB's 5 minutes was up.

Skeleton King and Doom Bringer were total bros though, and if just Venge had stayed we probably would have won with how well the 3 of us were doing together.

Edited:

We lost, though. Still had fun.

8. Post #4088
    Asked this a few weeks back, but how often are the invites given out? Applied a really long while ago and still don't have an invite, how frequent are they? really wanna get into dota 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #4089
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,190 Posts
    Game's pretty fun! I like Riki, but that's because he's the only class I can seem to get reliable kills in! The first several levels are hard, but once I hit level 6 and get my perma-cloak, I can really do some damage. I dunno if I'm playing him right at all, but I just buy and upgrade every piece of equipment I can afford that adds to agility or damage, that way I can do massive backstab damage. Hopefully, I can kill them before they realize that I'm attacking, but if not, my permacloak makes it easy to run away!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #4090
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,929 Posts
    bda ur so chill compared to all the other posters in this thread/players in this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4091
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts
    bda ur so chill compared to all the other posters in this thread/players in this game
    BDA is a cool guy in every thread from what I've seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #4092
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    Game's pretty fun! I like Riki, but that's because he's the only class I can seem to get reliable kills in! The first several levels are hard, but once I hit level 6 and get my perma-cloak, I can really do some damage. I dunno if I'm playing him right at all, but I just buy and upgrade every piece of equipment I can afford that adds to agility or damage, that way I can do massive backstab damage. Hopefully, I can kill them before they realize that I'm attacking, but if not, my permacloak makes it easy to run away!
    Probably the most optimistic post in this thread since forever. Sight for sore eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #4093
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,929 Posts
    your posts are a sight for sore eyes

heh!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #4094
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,756 Posts
    Probably the most optimistic post in this thread since forever. Sight for sore eyes.
    Just wait until he knows what he is doing. Then the hate and cynicism will set in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4095
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,480 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

16. Post #4096
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,644 Posts
    I just realized something.
    Does Lone Druid's bear have an inventory, like heroes do?

Because if so; if you think people who play Furion are bad about their GPM, wait until you have a Druid on your team.

17. Post #4097
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,756 Posts
    I just realized something.
    Does Lone Druid's bear have an inventory, like heroes do?

Because if so; if you think people who play Furion are bad about their GPM, wait until you have a Druid on your team.
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

18. Post #4098
    September 2007
    1,175 Posts
    just found out purge lives in the same state as me, and went to the college in my town

also, his friend twisco lives near me and we play together now

pretty neat
    You should see if you can get in one of his matches.

19. Post #4099
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,552 Posts
    Been waiting for an invite since the first thread around page 20

just got invite today

woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #4100
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    What's all this I'm hearing about Shadow Demon's animations being bad and all this? I can agree about his attack animation but I've heard a lot of people complaining about it. I didn't think it was TOO bad.

also necronomicon skill icons yay

21. Post #4101
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    Those who have started playing Sven:
    Armlet

Seriously, try it.

Edited:

Those who complain about bad attack animations, haven't tried Lina.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4102
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    guys
    conf night stalker outfit:

23. Post #4103
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,881 Posts
    and the losing streak continues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #4104
    April 2011
    480 Posts
    can the bear be affected by enchant, holy persusasion, purge, arcane orb extra damage... etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

25. Post #4105
    April 2009
    832 Posts
    Holy fuck. After 2 days of trying to Get it working on my Mac I resorted to bootcamp. And now for some reason dota just closes as soon as it opens? Anyone know what I'm missing?

Also I have seen people saying it works. But no one really said they had to do anything specific.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

26. Post #4106
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    “item_name”: “Fortunate Soul”
    “item_description”: “A crystal containing the soul of a treasure hunter. Use it to increase your drop rate for one week by 50%.”

Huh, wonder what it means by drop rate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #4107
    Newbie Programmer
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    “item_name”: “Fortunate Soul”
    “item_description”: “A crystal containing the soul of a treasure hunter. Use it to increase your drop rate for one week by 50%.”

Huh, wonder what it means by drop rate
    Kill creeps get swag?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

28. Post #4108
    Is that a rocket in your pocket?
    March 2010
    8,402 Posts
    increase your drop rate aka have more chances of getting item drops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

29. Post #4109
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    how come ive played over 400 games and ive only seen beastmaster played by someone other than me once
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4110
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,298 Posts
    Man, I just had a great match. It was my first match against other actual players online, as opposed to bots (because I got sick of bots, they're dumb and annoying, and always win D:), and this was the outcome:

I'm not sure if this is good by your guys' standards, but I thought I was playing well. Also commended Resolute, saved my ass several times and was a relatively good player all around.
    Soul Booster on Shadow Fiend.
    No.
    Don't do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

31. Post #4111
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,008 Posts
    how come ive played over 400 games and ive only seen beastmaster played by someone other than me once
    He is good, but needs a team.

Axes do great job at clearing path and damaging, but you need team to follow that path.
    Minions are great, but team has to utilise the slow and vision granted.
    Passive works best with a lot of people around you, not farming lanes on the other side of the map.
    Ultimate, like Axes, helps you get the guy you want, but unlikely (past early game) solo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

32. Post #4112
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    He is good, but needs a team.

Axes do great job at clearing path and damaging, but you need team to follow that path.
    Minions are great, but team has to utilise the slow and vision granted.
    Passive works best with a lot of people around you, not farming lanes on the other side of the map.
    Ultimate, like Axes, helps you get the guy you want, but unlikely (past early game) solo.
    uh yes, i know, thats why i play him

Edited:

just wondering why he is never picked in pubs

Edited:

even in solo queue games you usually have the basic teamwork required to facilitate good use of beastmaster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #4113
    March 2010
    8,402 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #4114
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    5,008 Posts
    Send to Valve.

NOW

I want those as in-game items when game is released.
    Because of reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

35. Post #4115
    September 2011
    892 Posts
    Is wait time for mm really long for anyone else? It's ~10 mins for us east + west for me.

36. Post #4116
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    why is part of skelly's crown sticking out of the side of lich's face? what did you do with the rest of it???

Edited:

Is wait time for mm really long for anyone else? It's ~10 mins for us east + west for me.
    steam is down for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #4117
    September 2011
    892 Posts

steam is down for me
    Darn you steam servers!

38. Post #4118
    March 2010
    8,402 Posts
    why is part of skelly's crown sticking out of the side of lich's face? what did you do with the rest of it???

Edited:

steam is down for me
    I didn't make that so don't ask me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events

39. Post #4119
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts

I wish Mac Support would hurry up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #4120
    June 2011
    1,212 Posts
    doom, shadow demon, and pugna actually look really fucking cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)