1. Post #161
    In other news, the 3DS is the fastest selling console in Japan. Ever.

To think people were prepared to declare it an unmitigated disaster just under a year ago... that price drop really did wonders for the system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,382 Posts
    In other news, the 3DS is the fastest selling console in Japan. Ever.
    It's over, Nintendo is finished.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,252 Posts
    :wtc: this actually works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    July 2010
    3,565 Posts
    Too bad I lost my DSi. Or the carpet guys who came over stole it along with my copy of HeartGold.

Oh wait thats a DS lite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #165
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,134 Posts
    The clamshell hinge design uses magnets to tell whether the system is shut or not. Setting it on top of another DS system, which also has magnets in it, fools the system on top into thinking that it's open, which is they the music starts playing again. This isn't really a 'secret' at all...

And contrary to what the video's annotations say, this won't damage your system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,220 Posts
    Did he put that music on there or can you unlock that?

7. Post #167
    October 2009
    9,309 Posts
    Did he put that music on there or can you unlock that?
    He obviously loaded an .mp3 off of the SD card... Hence the point of 3DS Sound

8. Post #168
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    I'm probably going to skip out on MGS 3d until it gets a price drop.

The frame rate during cut scenes really irk me... Like, it didn't bother me when I played the PS2 version, but for some reason I feel like it won't be as enjoyable to watch now, since a lot of the game is watching cut scenes and such. The controls, gameplay, and graphics are fine, but I might save up for a vita and get the HD collection before I buy this at the same price.

In other news, going to pick up Tales of the Abyss. Apparently a local gamestop has some in stock and it was a low print run. I loved Tales of Symphonia, and I hear really good things about the port with the only negative being nothing changed from the original version and a poor implementation of 3D. Which I don't mind, because I can just turn the 3D off and I never even played the original.

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,641 Posts
    I'm going to skip on MGS as well. I'm not really a fan of Metal Gear, so it's not really worth it for me.

Probably going to get Rayman Origins next, but I still have to decide if I should get it on PC though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,252 Posts
    If you check your swapnotes you get a message from Reggie (mybodyisready) Fils-Aime telling you to join him at http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo_direct on February 22 6am PT

apparently he has something to announce, hope its big

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,641 Posts
    If you check your swapnotes you get a message from Reggie (mybodyisready) Fils-Aime telling you to join him at http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo_direct on February 22 6am PT

apparently he has something to announce, hope its big
    Uhhh, was I supposed to download a video file?

Edited:

Wait, that was the old video. He's still announcing 3D video recording
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,594 Posts
    right which is why he said tomorrow at 6 am pt

13. Post #173
    January 2012
    418 Posts
    Well I got MSG 3D. The framerate while in a cutscene is pretty much like playing the PS2, but I have to say Snake looks awhole lot better here, and I don't mind about it as long as the framerate, gameplay works smoothly, which it does.

Oh, not really spoilers but they took out the Kerotans and changed them into Yoshis. Oh, and did the original Snake Eater had the "Insane" difficulty? The one where you get spotted and it's game over?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Puerto Rico Show Events

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,252 Posts
    but I have to say Sanek looks awhole lot better here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #175
    January 2012
    418 Posts
    Yeah, terrible typing my bad. xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Puerto Rico Show Events

16. Post #176
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    Well I got MSG 3D. The framerate while in a cutscene is pretty much like playing the PS2, but I have to say Snake looks awhole lot better here, and I don't mind about it as long as the framerate, gameplay works smoothly, which it does.

Oh, not really spoilers but they took out the Kerotans and changed them into Yoshis. Oh, and did the original Snake Eater had the "Insane" difficulty? The one where you get spotted and it's game over?
    I think it did, except it was called "European Extreme" or something. Also, is the frame rate in cut scenes just as bad as the demo? I saw someone post a video on youtube with the retail version and it dropped to single digits during the cut scene that happens right when the demo ends.

Anyways, going to beat Revelations, on the second half of episode 9, before I open up Tales of the Abyss. I might go and beat my 3DS backlog beforehand too, who knows. I still haven't beat Super Mario 3D Land, haven't unlocked everything in Mario Kart 7 (or even played online), and I'm at the bottom of the well in Master Quest. lol

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,056 Posts
    Should I get SM3DL, RE:R or Nintendogs + cats? I am thinking Resident Evil.
    Oh and is there some other way to get other mii's? Not from gaming, since those dont work on the streetpass games. I would go walking and find other 3DS's, but I do not know who owns one in my town, small town, not a city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

18. Post #178
    July 2010
    3,565 Posts
    Oh and is there some other way to get other mii's? Not from gaming, since those dont work on the streetpass games. I would go walking and find other 3DS's, but I do not know who owns one in my town, small town, not a city.
    Resident Evil. SM3DL is a fine mario game but when you compare it to the other options its not worth it. I haven't played Nintendogs/cats but if that's your type of game then go for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #179
    November 2010
    8,549 Posts
    MGS3D is pretty great. The 3D isn't as good as SML but still pretty good. The 3rd person aiming and crouch-walk make the gameplay more fun. I'm actually not getting as many framerate issues as I did with the demo.

[sub][sup][sub][sup][sub][sup]3D EVA boobs is nice too.[/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup][/sub][/sup]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #180
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    SM3DL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #181
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    Depends. If you like shooters, horror, and challenge, then RE. If you liked Mario Galaxy but also the old school Mario Land games, get SM3DL. It can be easy at first, but the real challenge appears after you "beat the game".

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,833 Posts
    Just got MGS3D. Damn good game. The framerate was really choppy in the demo, but it seems much better in the actual game. That's not to say that the framerate problems are completely gone, though. It still tends to hiccup every now and then, but it's not as terrible as it was in the demo.

Also, found a Yoshi. C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #183
    November 2010
    8,549 Posts
    The framerate only gets really bad when you fight The Pain. All those Bees. And it's only the cinematics that lag.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,833 Posts
    Snake Eater has caused my 3DS to crash for the first time. It randomly froze and crashed HARD during the opening cinematics shortly after Volgin nuked Sokolov's Research Facility. Took almost 2 minutes before my 3DS could finally recover.

25. Post #185
    February 2009
    22,816 Posts
    My 3DS crashes occasionally when I try to go back to the menu from the Internet Browser. I have to hold the power button down and force shutdown.

26. Post #186
    July 2009
    1,209 Posts
    Should I pick up and play MGS 1 & 2 on PS2 before I play MGS3DS? I've always wanted to play them but never got around to it. I've also ignored swapnote for too long, time for mass replies.

27. Post #187
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    Should I pick up and play MGS 1 & 2 on PS2 before I play MGS3DS? I've always wanted to play them but never got around to it. I've also ignored swapnote for too long, time for mass replies.
    Nah, MGS 3 is the first in the series chronologically. You don't need to play MGS 1 or 2 to understand the story in 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Not a very good Member
    January 2010
    2,398 Posts
    Having never played a MGS game before, I'm considering buying MGS3D to see what all the fuss is about, but ill hold off, MK7 controls my life at the moment.

29. Post #189
    June 2008
    941 Posts
    To save everyone time, the only 3DS stuff from the Nintendo Direct video:

1. Dillon's Rolling Western is out now on the eShop
    2. Mario Tennis Open has online play and is coming to NA on May 20th. Also made by Camelot in case you didn't know. You can get medals from beating people online and there will be leaderboards.
    3. More Kid Icarus stuff, like how you can combine weapons to make better ones and such. Mostly information we've already known.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    Does MGS3D come with the circle pad pro?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,220 Posts
    And they tease us with a new zelda game with swapnote
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #192
    March 2010
    4,152 Posts
    new stationery woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #193
    Does MGS3D come with the circle pad pro?
    Unless it's a bundle then no

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,056 Posts
    New video or whatever on Nintendo Direct http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo_direct incase SOME people didn't know.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,252 Posts
    has anyone got rhythm thief yet?
    It looks really cool (especially because its kind of like a space channel 5 successor) but I'm not completely sold on it yet...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    October 2009
    9,309 Posts
    American Nintendo Direct: 11 minutes, content we already know about, and a bit of Mario Tennis
    Japanese Nintendo Direct: 96 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Where Animal Crossing 3D at?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,819 Posts
    Bought that Armadillo western game.

Holy crap, it is actually pretty fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    March 2010
    4,152 Posts
    has anyone got rhythm thief yet?
    It looks really cool (especially because its kind of like a space channel 5 successor) but I'm not completely sold on it yet...
    waiting for the reviews
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,086 Posts
    i cant wait to get tales of the abyss for 3ds. it looks quite good