1. Post #5361
    I'll compromise if you drop the "ideas guy" thing. Having a thread to help different people along from storyboard to final touches of their project would be great. People need to work out their raw ideas themselves. Almost the whole thread would be brainstorming otherwise. It'd look bad.

Would this do?
    Done and done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #5362
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    408 Posts
    Y'know, I wonder what's going on with that movie "DEEP" that was being made with SFM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #5363
    August 2012
    33 Posts
    Guys i have this weird problem that i cannot understand.

I'm using the graph editor to animate and have done so in the past with success. But, now for some reason it just stopped working. Take a look at these screenshots.

Everything is fine at this point, but when i want to move the hand this happens:

And if i would have wanted to move it after that this happens:

Yes nothing.. nothing happens. It seems that it will just gradually stop moving all together.

This happens to the hands and the elbows.

I feel like i have accidentally pressed something that i don't know of. It only happens after that keyframe. Deleting the keyframe will not fix the problem after a new keyframe is placed the same effects happen again.

Some help would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5364
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,249 Posts

yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5365

September 2012
    155 Posts
    Guys i have this weird problem that i cannot understand.

I'm using the graph editor to animate and have done so in the past with success. But, now for some reason it just stopped working. Take a look at these screenshots.

Everything is fine at this point, but when i want to move the hand this happens:

And if i would have wanted to move it after that this happens:

Yes nothing.. nothing happens. It seems that it will just gradually stop moving all together.

This happens to the hands and the elbows.

I feel like i have accidentally pressed something that i don't know of. It only happens after that keyframe. Deleting the keyframe will not fix the problem after a new keyframe is placed the same effects happen again.

Some help would be appreciated.
    extend the yellow thingies you can see by double clicking on the shot in the clip editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #5366
    August 2012
    33 Posts
    extend the yellow thingies you can see by double clicking on the shot in the clip editor.
    Gosh i would have never thought of that. Thanks that solved it. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #5367
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    This is propably the nicest thing I've done in a while.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #5368
    This title is totally OVERKILL™!
    November 2011
    8,249 Posts
    I don't suppose there's a way to make the lighting not fuck up in maps if they don't have HDR, right...? Because a large majority of the maps I find don't have HDR and it ruins what I'm trying to work on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #5369
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,532 Posts
    I don't suppose there's a way to make the lighting not fuck up in maps if they don't have HDR, right...? Because a large majority of the maps I find don't have HDR and it ruins what I'm trying to work on.
    1.) Run the map through BSPSource
    2.) Open the resulting .vmf up in Hammer.
    3.) Hit F9, tick "HDR" and hit the big compile button.
    4.) Go watch some TV, this is probably gonna take a while.
    5.) Pray.

If the gods of decompiling have smiled upon you, you'll have a cool map with no issues that works fine. If they have turned their backs on you, cry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #5370
    I'm not finished yet, please tell me what I can improve on:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #5371
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Those shoulders are beyond messed up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #5372
    Those shoulders are beyond messed up
    Are you talking about the engineer? I see what you mean, but is there anyone else that has broken shoulders?

Edited:

I also notice a lot of clipping with the soldier at 0:39. Let me see what I can do.

13. Post #5373
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Haha, I never have any ideas for anything, I jerk off by making useless shit and I'm not even that great.

Guess I should just quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #5374
    December 2007
    2,827 Posts
    I'm not finished yet, please tell me what I can improve on:

The shots are super duper overblown with bloom and the cuts look blurry. You didn't edit this in Vegas or something did you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #5375
    The shots are super duper overblown with bloom and the cuts look blurry. You didn't edit this in Vegas or something did you?
    Naaah, I have an idea of what happened, though. I added a lot of lights in the room when I edited the map. Then later realized I could've just used SFM's lights.

P.S That shitty green-screen effect of the puppet is going to get cut out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #5376
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,333 Posts
    An idea I came up with but could never do justice to so I'm putting it here for someone who's bored, feel free to alter it any way you see fit;

Thought of a few second clip, of the Heavy and Medic next to the Payload cart pushing forwards then a camera angle jump to the defending team with an Engie and a Sniper as the payload cart becomes visible to them. The Engie and Sniper then start singing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVUHWCynig&t=1m23s
    From 1:23

Because it sounds like "I can see your Payload, payload, payload, paylooaaad"

Fin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #5377
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,929 Posts
    Looks like the SFM Beta just received a rather large update. Going from build 24753 (current public build) to build 36234 (new beta build) and a ~600MB size increase.

Is anyone even in that Beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #5378
    Horrible Username Connoisseur
    September 2009
    954 Posts
    Looks like the SFM Beta just received a rather large update. Going from build 24753 (current public build) to build 36234 (new beta build) and a ~600MB size increase.

Is anyone even in that Beta?
    A few people. Maybe it includes the L4D content Valve said they wanted to get into SFM next or something.

19. Post #5379
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    I'm trying to extract the phonemes from this audio clip, but when I try and play it back nothing is going on with my model.

I'm absolutely sure I did everything correctly, I don't understand it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #5380
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,532 Posts
    I'm trying to extract the phonemes from this audio clip, but when I try and play it back nothing is going on with my model.

I'm absolutely sure I did everything correctly, I don't understand it.
    What model are you using? One of the TF2 models? One of the HL2 ones, or a custom model with HL2 flexes? A custom model with its own flexes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #5381
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,213 Posts
    My first attempt at motion capture, I need to smooth out the animation, possibly redo the scene because its off sync and place the soldier with the mop hair as Vincent and demoman with the afro as Jules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #5382
    November 2007
    74 Posts
    My first attempt at motion capture, I need to smooth out the animation, possibly redo the scene because its off sync and place the soldier with the mop hair as Vincent and demoman with the afro as Jules.
    Looks like Jimmy is an alcoholic and a severe drug addict
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

23. Post #5383
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,213 Posts
    Looks like Jimmy is an alcoholic and a severe drug addict
    ok

24. Post #5384
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    2,486 Posts
    shoulders are still messed up, jimmy needs to be more lively

25. Post #5385
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    640 Posts
    Is there a specific reason why scout's mouth is such an incredibly black hole into the center of the universe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #5386
    I'll RUB MY TALENT OUT ALL OVER YOU
    November 2011
    4,565 Posts
    -Snip-
    Someone helping me with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #5387
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,213 Posts
    shoulders are still messed up, jimmy needs to be more lively

Does this look any better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

28. Post #5388
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    what the hell did you do to the shoulder bones ahaha

did you MOVE them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

29. Post #5389
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,213 Posts
    what the hell did you do to the shoulder bones ahaha

did you MOVE them?
    Yes. I don't know what else to do. what should I do about the shoulders being so low because I'm going to add in more motion capture animations for Vince and Jules
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

30. Post #5390
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,555 Posts
    Yes. I don't know what else to do. what should I do about the shoulders being so low because I'm going to add in more motion capture animations for Vince and Jules
    Rotate them into a more natural position, then rotate the arm bones to account for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #5391
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,784 Posts
    As a general rule, you should never translate bones.

Real human bones don't generally magically pop out of their joints and rotate around. They rotate around their joints instead. As such, you should try to use rotation to emulate such movements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #5392
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    2,178 Posts
    Does anybody know how to make a character burn

like this

I searched everywhere in the particle folder and i get nothing

33. Post #5393
    February 2010
    670 Posts
    I've been working on multiple projects recently and had to decide which one to release first, fate told me that people love Christoph Waltz; so why not!

I'm releasing some test footage just to get some feedback on some tricky poses I had a difficult time interpolating; I can't remember how many times I've gone and redone certain parts of animation.

It's probably going to be another week of frustration/trial and error before I release the final product.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #5394
    May 2012
    22 Posts
    Guys i got this problem with a custom model i added. First of all i added the models for the robots in source filmmaker which can be found in the Source Filmmmaker Megathread. I wanted to have giant robots so i decided to download the giant robots from the garrysmod website, i switched the .mdl files from the robot files with the giant robot files. When i opened SFM the model did turn out to be giant however the rootTransform was somehow moved far away from the model making it almost impossible to set it up straight up because when i spawn it, it is lying down. I need a fix for this so please help.

35. Post #5395
    November 2009
    95 Posts
    Can someone please tell me if there's a way to remove Pyro's oxygen tank from his back? I can't just move it away, the model stretches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #5396
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I think there's a bodygrup for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

37. Post #5397
    November 2011
    299 Posts
    Nope, only for the head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

38. Post #5398
    November 2009
    95 Posts
    There's only bodygroups for the grenades and head. Why Valve wouldn't implement it even though there are several backpack items is beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #5399
    November 2011
    299 Posts
    There's only bodygroups for the grenades and head. Why Valve wouldn't implement it even though there are several backpack items is beyond me.
    Heavy's HWM model doesn't have any bodygroups from the game at all. Yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

40. Post #5400
    August 2007
    391 Posts
    Does anybody know how to make a character burn

like this
    I searched everywhere in the particle folder and i get nothing

I also would like to know this. I have been trying to use dota 2 "aura" particles (like radiance or blademail), but i have no idea how to make the particle surround a model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events