1. Post #3081
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,342 Posts
    Go ahead and mock me, but I don't understand the hate with Fallout 3. Even with it's flaws, I still had an enjoyable time and I think it is one of the best rpgs ever. Totally beats all the modern wuurfuur games coming out.
    Well, it contradicted established canon, had a relatively weak plot (Though, I thought the general idea was good, it was just executed poorly). As an RPG it was okay, but the set-in-stone background was awful. Even Oblivion gave you almost total freedom with your background. A main draw of RPGs is giving you total freedom to invent your own, unique character. Fallout 3 pissed on that in favor of an awful childhood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #3082
    March 2010
    7,607 Posts
    Go ahead and mock me, but I don't understand the hate with Fallout 3. Even with it's flaws, I still had an enjoyable time and I think it is one of the best rpgs ever. Totally beats all the modern wuurfuur games coming out.
    The argument isn't that its bad, because Fallout 3 was an amazing game.

Its bad in comparison to the other fallout games in the same way Deus Ex Human Revolution is terrible compared to the original Deus Ex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3083
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,372 Posts
    God that was the worst part, the pure black-and-white story. The Enclave is, with one exception (And even then, only sort of an exception), entirely evil and lives to do nothing but eat babies and suppress wastelanders, while the Brotherhood is literally the pure Knights of the wasteland who will give their lives for your un-eaten babies.

So yes, I hope they actually learn something about dilemma and dynamic characters from New Vegas. Skyrim kinda had that, with the Stormcloaks and the Empire.
    Wait, since when was Augustus not a dick?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3084
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,342 Posts
    Wait, since when was Augustus not a dick?
    He wanted to use Project Purity to bring wastelanders to the Enclaves banners, and while he was certainly authoritarian, compared to Eden's genocidal plans, he's a fucking saint.

5. Post #3085
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,974 Posts
    What do you guys think is best for a Legion playthrough? Vindicator-of-the-wastes guy with power armor and legion stuff with a big flaming sword of death or guy who believes he's a Chinese agent out to destroy and/or convert the US to communism?

Agree for the first disagree for the second go go

Edited:
    Also, on the topic, I believe Fallout 3 could've been a whole lot grayer with the endings with only minor changes to the story they already had. All they needed to do was give more options how to finish it. Maybe give the wanderer a chance to convince Eden or Augustus to use the Purifier to unite the Wastelands under the Enclave, but give it undertones that there was a chance that they'd try to kill all the mutants. Also, make it that the Brotherhood gives less of a damn about the locals, which would allow their endings to be more about using all the locals to gather technologies but the Brotherhood eventually neglecting them completely. Also, I would've loved to see them give the Outcasts a much larger role. Maybe incite an actual civil war between the two, with the end being a deciding factor in how the game would end.

Unfortunately, it's far too late to make changes now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3086
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    The argument isn't that its bad, because Fallout 3 was an amazing game.

Its bad in comparison to the other fallout games in the same way Deus Ex Human Revolution is terrible compared to the original Deus Ex.
    Gameplay for HR was fine; Story was not. Ending was pointless since regardless of your choice the stupid cutscene at the end of the credits was more decisive in telling what happened and how your choice was irrelevant.

Now Invisible War on the other hand...

7. Post #3087
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,320 Posts
    And I can keep making fun of you because of it.

the wonders of free speech/opinion mean there's never a point where it ends
    No that's just rude, I don't make fun of anyone who likes Fallout 3.

hey Hoodoo how about you show me the posts where I make fun of people who like Fallout 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3088
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    What do you guys think is best for a Legion playthrough? Vindicator-of-the-wastes guy with power armor and legion stuff with a big flaming sword of death or guy who believes he's a Chinese agent out to destroy and/or convert the US to communism?

Agree for the first disagree for the second go go
    Why the hell is he in Power Armor? The Legion oppose technology.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3089
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,974 Posts
    Doesn't necessarily have to be in Power Armor.

Also, just because the Legion in general opposes technology doesn't necessarily imply that anyone helping the Legion would have to oppose it, too. Perhaps they agree on the plenty of other key issues there are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3090
    February 2009
    1,992 Posts
    They could use unpowered power armor, basically a really thick suit of metal armor. Would have to have a greater agility penalty though.

11. Post #3091
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    They could use unpowered power armor, basically a really thick suit of metal armor. Would have to have a greater agility penalty though.
    So they stole the armor off the NCR then?

12. Post #3092
    July 2007
    623 Posts
    Uh that armor wasn't unused. You just have to convince him he's old and useless when it comes to combat and he'll wear that instead of the cowboy outfit.
    Ah okay. I never got it and the description led me to believe that it was cut.
    Umm well anything that would provide a whole new experience. so like more items and diversity would be nice, but yeah i'd also like a complete overhaul. Some realism would be sweet. I'd like to be able to ignore quests and still have a lot of fun, just traveling the wasteland and using anything I could find, so I guess just overall make the game harder, for example if i die in 2-3 shots, i want the enemies to die that fast as well. anyway, anything you could find would be a huge help. Thanks a bunch!
    It sounds like your best bet is a combination of FWE, MMM, WMK, and FO3 Redesigned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #3093
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,070 Posts
    Well, it contradicted established canon
    where
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #3094
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,974 Posts
    FEV was only supposed to be at Maniprosa, because it was such an isolated and secretive location (or so I think). It was a top secret government project. There is no logical reason how Vault-Tec acquired it and why they need it when they only did social research experiments, for example.

Also, it looks like I'm gonna be a Chinaman now. Actually fits quite well because I got done with the Chinese agent mission in Point Lookout and I just got part of my guy's brain removed. Although being black might be a slight bit of a problem... oh well!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #3095
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts
    FEV was only supposed to be at Maniprosa, because it was such an isolated and secretive location (or so I think). It was a top secret government project. There is no logical reason how Vault-Tec acquired it and why they need it when they only did social research experiments, for example.
    WestTek had FEV too, they developed it and Mariposa produced it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3096
    March 2011
    4,119 Posts
    I hope in Fallout 4 you can have a decision to become the President of the Enclave and unite the upper east coast (New Jersey, New York, etc.) under the Enclave.

With all the raiders in those area's they would become unstoppable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #3097
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

18. Post #3098
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    It's Skyrim DLC, don't get your hopes up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #3099
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,372 Posts
    Unconfirmed.

I want to believe too.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #3100

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    Shut your whore mouth, Deus Ex:HR was great and a worthy prequel, unlike Fallout 3.

Not saying Fallout 3 is terrible, it's a great game, just a bad fallout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #3101
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,216 Posts
    hr doesn't live up to the title of deus ex
    imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #3102
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,320 Posts
    HR wasn't that great, its gameplay was good, but everything else was not that good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3103
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,372 Posts
    I need to finish fallout 1 and 2. I'm just to add to play them right now though.

Edited:

HR wasn't that great, its gameplay was good, but everything else was not that good.
    In an RPG sense, yeah, the ending was almost as bad as Mass Effect 3. But in a story sense, I thought it was pretty good.

24. Post #3104
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,081 Posts
    Does the Sonic Emitter temporarily pause the game for anyone? Its really weird, only the sonic emitter and robo-scorpians do it. Whenever they fire, my game randomly pauses, it can be quite difficult to battle multiple robo-scorpions when the game pauses every second.

25. Post #3105
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    291 Posts
    Ah okay. I never got it and the description led me to believe that it was cut.

It sounds like your best bet is a combination of FWE, MMM, WMK, and FO3 Redesigned.
    Thanks lots. Everybody has been really great in providing stuff. I'm grateful Facepunch! rocking FWE, FO3 Redesigned and about to go for the other two. I'm ready for a fresh experience.

26. Post #3106
    May 2010
    4,521 Posts
    Shut your mouth.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

27. Post #3107
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,513 Posts
    I don't make fun of anyone who likes Fallout 3.
    That's your choice and I respect it. But part of the reason the second sentence was in that post was to hint at the fact that you can make fun of me (and personally, I encourage people poking fun at me once in a while).

I'm just saying as long as you keep going on about not liking Fallout 3 when people bring it up, I'm going to go on about those posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

28. Post #3108
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Why does MMM add Wanamingoes? Didn't Chosen One single-handedly shoot them into extinction?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #3109
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,070 Posts
    I kinda wish NV had Wanamingoes and Floaters, it'd be interesting to see what they look like.

30. Post #3110
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I kinda wish NV had Wanamingoes and Floaters, it'd be interesting to see what they look like.
    Wanamingoes are extinct. I just said that.

31. Post #3111
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,070 Posts
    Where's it say that?

32. Post #3112
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    Wanamingoes are extinct. I just said that.
    Floaters would still be an interesting sight to see in the FPS Fallouts though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #3113
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Where's it say that?
    Apparently they were dying out around Fallout 2's time, and Chosen One shot the only known queen to pieces.

34. Post #3114
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,070 Posts
    All I can gather is that the Chosen One killed a bunch of them in a mine, but it doesn't say there aren't other caves or mines.

Though I'd assume the NCRA would drive their global numbers down as there is literally no reason for them to exist.

Edited:

Apparently they were dying out around Fallout 2's time, and Chosen One shot the only known queen to pieces.
    Only known queen. But what do I know, it's not my game, I can't dictate what's alive and what isn't

Edited:

A single lone Wanamingo in an abandoned cave would be a sweet easter egg though.

35. Post #3115
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    On an unrelated note, for some reason I prefer to make chest shots on enemies as opposed to blowing their heads off. Not really sure why. Center mass rule, I suppose.

Edited:

Also it's a bit more satisfying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3116
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    i almost thought that was martin septim

but really that could be anyone on any game or dlc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #3117
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,070 Posts
    When I'm using a Missile Launcher, I like to aim that the feet so the rest of them goes flying.

38. Post #3118
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Only known queen. But what do I know, it's not my game, I can't dictate what's alive and what isn't
    I'm pretty sure if the Chosen One killed them, Fallout 3 has a synthetic one made by the Reapers anyw-

Wait, nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #3119
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Caesar walks around with a displacer glove on though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #3120
    May 2011
    3,859 Posts
    Caesar walks around with a displacer glove on though.
    apparently the displacer glove is less prone to breaking then any gun ever made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events