December 2009
    6,007 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5003
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,857 Posts

Does anyone else get this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #5004
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,613 Posts
    What exactly does the skill stat relate to? Mines at 612.

5. Post #5005
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    It's the dumbest stat, it seems to pull data from everything and calculate it somehow. You could have a game with a great kdr, playing the objective heaps, and still get a negative skill for a game. It's crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #5006
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,857 Posts
    i heard it was something to do with killing lower or higher skilled players. Still its a shit way to calculate stuff. It doesnt mean anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

7. Post #5007
    July 2011
    764 Posts

Yeah I get it all the time with the AS VAL during the start of the round... Doesn't happen any other time though.

8. Post #5008
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,857 Posts
    Yeah I get it all the time with the AS VAL during the start of the round... Doesn't happen any other time though.
    it happened for a bit, it seems to be when the gun is stowed (i think thats what its called). Its rather funny though

9. Post #5009
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    I've had three games so far and every game i've got my arse kicked, it's actually kind of annoying that i die so often, i'm getting outgunned by everyone and i'm confused as hell with all this gadget shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #5010
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,007 Posts
    I've had three games so far and every game i've got my arsed kicked, it's actually kind of annoying that i die so often, i'm getting outgunned by everyone and i'm confused as hell with all this gadget shit.
    Battlefield does have a fairly steep learning curve at first, but once you start getting the hang of things, it becomes much easier.

If I understand what you're saying, the gadgets work like this:

- The radio beacon is a mobile spawn point you can deploy.

- The TUG-S is a deployable motion sensor like the one in BC2 except you don't throw it.

- The MAV is basically the exact same thing as the TUG-S, except it can fly and you can jam equipment with it (you can also kill people with it if you are going fast enough). Basically, it's a direct upgrade over the TUG-S (even if you don't want to pilot it, since you can just exit out of piloting mode as soon as you deploy it or drop it where you want to know the enemy's position is and use it like a TUG-S).

- The EOD bot is like the MAV, in the way that it is mobile, but it moves over land instead of air. You can use it to arm and disarm MCOMS, repair vehicles remotely, and kill people using the repair tool.

- SOFLAM is one of the most important gadgets in the game, as it allows you to designate a target which allows people using guided weapons (javelins, guided missiles/shells) to lock onto a vehicle that either is at too far a range or cannot normally be locked on without it, plus it gives a small amount of bonus damage I think. The MBT's CITV station does the same thing, which you get as a permanent upgrade when you get the tank service star.

- The mortar should be self-explanatory. When you deploy it, you will get an overhead view of the map. Click where you want to fire. You can also change out the explosive rounds for smoke rounds on the spot if you prefer using the "swap weapons" key. Because of how switching between rounds works, you can fire an explosive round and immediately fire a smoke round, and switch back, which allows it to be used much more efficiently (basically, just like canister shells and regular shells work on tanks, and other vehicles that have two weapons).

I think those are all the gadgets that need explaining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #5011
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    How do i unlock stuff for my guns? Is it based on Kills?

Edited:

Also i feel quite proud of myself, first time flying a Jet i got a Double Kill before crashing into a building.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #5012
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,007 Posts
    How do i unlock stuff for my guns? Is it based on Kills?
    Yeah, except for the M320 and the M26, which are unlocked as you progress through the Assault rank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #5013
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    To be honest i'm not keen on the browser based server browser, it's kind of annoying that i can't just keep the game running when i quit out of a game, instead i quit out then have to load it back up.

14. Post #5014
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,007 Posts
    To be honest i'm not keen on the browser based server browser, it's kind of annoying that i can't just keep the game running when i quit out of a game, instead i quit out then have to load it back up.
    It wasn't annoying at all in the beta since the maps actually only took maybe a minute to load, but now that they can take upwards of five it can become quite the annoyance.

15. Post #5015
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    I might be a noob but i know this is bullshit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #5016
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    It's the dumbest stat, it seems to pull data from everything and calculate it somehow. You could have a game with a great kdr, playing the objective heaps, and still get a negative skill for a game. It's crap.
    It's calculated by how many higher ranking people you kill vs times you die. It's rare there's more than three people of a higher rank than me on a server, so I find it pretty stupid tbh.

Edited:

Yeah, except for the M320 and the M26, which are unlocked as you progress through the Assault rank.
    Nope they're based on kills too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5017
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,371 Posts
    Nope they're based on kills too.
    You unlock the M320 itself by getting assault score, then you get the Buck and Smoke by getting kills with the M320
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #5018
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,639 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

19. Post #5019
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,613 Posts

Been playing for the last 5 hours with my only goal to unlock this.

Now I have one vehicle with something decent unlocked.

20. Post #5020
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Unlocked the L96 sniper the other day, and is it just me or does the round it fires seem to have a flatter trajectory than most other rifles?

Also the M16A4 and the AEK something are excellent rifles, might have actually found a gun I enjoy using as much as the M4A1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events

21. Post #5021
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,639 Posts
    Unlocked the L96 sniper the other day, and is it just me or does the round it fires seem to have a flatter trajectory than most other rifles?

Also the M16A4 and the AEK something are excellent rifles, might have actually found a gun I enjoy using as much as the M4A1
    AEK is the best rifle in BF3, I suggest you use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5022
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Yeah I really like using it, but I tend to use my M4A1 cause I feel more useful as an engineer, just feels like no one ever works to take out vehicles except for me though ;-;

Even then it's usually just easier to ambush a tank with some C4 and then I can just rattle round off with an LMG and suppress the enemy for my team to advance while I hold an objective.

23. Post #5023
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    815 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #5024
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    I was on a TDM server where some rank 10 guy was using the 870 and getting lots of kills with it. All the high-rank fags called him a noob/hacker. Felt kinda sorry for him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #5025
    December 2009
    8,786 Posts
    You unlock the M320 itself by getting assault score, then you get the Buck and Smoke by getting kills with the M320
    Yeah but he was asking how you unlocked stuff for your guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

26. Post #5026
    January 2012
    246 Posts
    are there any decent guides on jet flying in bf3? i'm absolutely awful at flying em
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #5027

April 2011
    4,518 Posts
    are there any decent guides on jet flying in bf3? i'm absolutely awful at flying em
    Practice.

Also turning works best with your speed at 300. You can also dodge missiles by afterburning away from whoever is shooting them then u-turning back towards them once they fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #5028
    September 2011
    733 Posts
    M320 as your 2nd best weapon with 500 kills. Fuck bro you're good.

29. Post #5029
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,849 Posts
    8 Minutes until i can start playing Battlefield 3, a short 5 hours that felt.

Edited:

I already like this game.

I wish more games had this option. (Colourblind Assist/Support if you don't know what i mean)
    Disable FXAA (antialiasing post) if you already use MSAA, it only makes things blurry and shit looking
    And use HBAO instead of SSAO if your GPU can handle it, it looks much nicer
    SSAO vs HBAO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

30. Post #5030
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,639 Posts
    M320 as your 2nd best weapon with 500 kills. Fuck bro you're good.
    Its not only me playing on my account. That's my brother. But sometimes, I do get my M320
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #5031
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,468 Posts
    What's everyone's "skill"?
    201, which isn't bad for me.

32. Post #5032
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,227 Posts

I get this all the time, but instead it's the leg that fucks up.

Also, will the patch be released for the Playstation first or after PC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

33. Post #5033
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,371 Posts
    For the PS3 first, xbox 360 and PC after that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #5034
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,857 Posts
    i dont see why there doing this. The pc version should get it first, it was primarily made for the pc, so why dont we get it first?
    I know with the DLC its because sony paid EA or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #5035
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,227 Posts
    If this is some deal between EA and Sony I'm pretty sure it breaks a couple of laws in my country.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #5036
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,759 Posts
    LETS SUE THEM ASWELL AS BIOWARE!

37. Post #5037

April 2011
    4,518 Posts
    If this is some deal between EA and Sony I'm pretty sure it breaks a couple of laws in my country.
    Except it isn't subject to laws in your country. It's only subject to either Swedish or American laws most likely, whichever would make it easier for them to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #5038
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    i dont see why there doing this. The pc version should get it first, it was primarily made for the pc, so why dont we get it first?
    I know with the DLC its because sony paid EA or something
    Does it really matter?

39. Post #5039
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,078 Posts
    Disable FXAA (antialiasing post) if you already use MSAA, it only makes things blurry and shit looking
    And use HBAO instead of SSAO if your GPU can handle it, it looks much nicer
    SSAO vs HBAO
    Had to run without MSAA to begin with, but in order to prevent <25 FPS in certain situations on B2K I had to turn switch HBAO for SSAO too :(
    Fucking sucks, especially considering my 470 could run the Beta on higher settings. I suppose Metro was a pretty mellow map graphics-wise however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #5040
    June 2010
    6,206 Posts
    Except it isn't subject to laws in your country. It's only subject to either Swedish or American laws most likely, whichever would make it easier for them to do it.
    Err nope, it has to obey the laws of every country that it is sold in.