*miss* *miss* *miss* ....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #11962
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,505 Posts
    NO!
    NONONONONO!
    Now have it's own custom battle music where whenever one or a group of them spots you and attacks you, Morrowind battle music plays. Watch as thousands of TES veterans scream in horror from the memories.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #11963
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,376 Posts
    Dragons are kind of like Skyrims Cliffracers anyway.

Edited:

In vanilla, they're both easy to beat, but really annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

4. Post #11964
    November 2011
    387 Posts
    How can i make a mean ass poison, enough to damage a dragon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #11965
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,136 Posts
    How can i make a mean ass poison, enough to damage a dragon
    Get your alchemy up
    Choose perks that benefits poison
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

6. Post #11966
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    The only annoying thing about cliffracers:

*miss* *miss* *miss* ....
    That's what puts me off wanting to try out Morrowind, i don't like the idea of swinging a sword right in fucking front of someone just to have it miss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

7. Post #11967
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,244 Posts
    That's what puts me off wanting to try out Morrowind, i don't like the idea of swinging a sword right in fucking front of someone just to have it miss.
    Last I heard, there was a mod to make it impossible for you to miss around somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #11968
    January 2010
    9,590 Posts
    What should I play now since I finished my dual sword dude, magic (informative) or stealthy (useful)? I'd like both but I really can't make a choice

rate accordingly please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 13Useful Useful x 2 (list)

9. Post #11969
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Stealth is piss easy, with the right perks it's then unfair to your enemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #11970
    January 2010
    9,590 Posts
    3 against 1, well that makes a clear choice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #11971
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,702 Posts
    What should I play now since I finished my dual sword dude, magic (informative) or stealthy (useful)? I'd like both but I really can't make a choice

rate accordingly please.
    Do a stealthmage, no choice necessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #11972
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,659 Posts
    Last I heard, there was a mod to make it impossible for you to miss around somewhere.
    Super unbalanced, seeing as the entire combat system relies on you missing as weapons generally deal a set amount of damage within a certain threshold I.E. a Daedric shortsword will (not actual numbers) deal 20-28 damage no matter what. Low skill and random chance make it likely to damage the bottom teir, high skill and random chance make it likely to damage the higher teir. High skill also makes you actually land your hits.

The solution is to get mods like Combat Moves to make the combat system more interesting to play with while still keeping the balance, and to make sure you correctly spec your character out the door. In other words, focus your character creation and level ups early level to make it so you land hits better (i.e. focusing on only one or two weapon types, high agility focus, etc.)

The game isn't very frustraiting to play like that. At low levels you'll still miss a lot of hits, but it'll be much better than a poorly leveled/spec'd character. I.E. missing 2-3 out of every 4-5 hits , instead of missing 4 hits out of 5 hits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #11973
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,376 Posts
    I barely miss, unarmed on 100.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #11974
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    I don't understand how missing with a weapon is considered fun even if it is part of the game.

If i'm playing a shooter and i fire a gun at someone from the hip, chances are i'll miss them, if i aim down the sight chances are i'll hit them, but with melee it's completely different, if i swing at someone unless they move out of the way i expect to hit them, i know it's a shit comparison but with melee i don't see a reason to miss unless like i said, they move/dodge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

15. Post #11975
    GLH
    July 2011
    667 Posts
    Does anyone know of a few good mods in Skyrim that crank up the difficulty to insane levels? I've played it numerous times on Master and it's still too easy for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #11976
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,723 Posts
    I don't understand how missing with a weapon is considered fun even if it is part of the game.

If i'm playing a shooter and i fire a gun at someone from the hip, chances are i'll miss them, if i aim down the sight chances are i'll hit them, but with melee it's completely different, if i swing at someone unless they move out of the way i expect to hit them, i know it's a shit comparison but with melee i don't see a reason to miss unless like i said, they move/dodge.
    I was under the impression that they kind of dodge or move away enough not to make contact, except it doesn't really show it.

17. Post #11977
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,050 Posts
    are there any mods or something that would make enemies react to damage? In vanilla they only react to power attacks, and sometimes they don't even do that. What I'm looking for is like a brief stagger animation or twitch or something that has more of an effect based on the damage dealt to them

18. Post #11978
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,533 Posts
    Does anyone know of a few good mods in Skyrim that crank up the difficulty to insane levels? I've played it numerous times on Master and it's still too easy for me.
    Set a role and rules and play on Master
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

19. Post #11979
    August 2010
    4,436 Posts
    Moonpath to Elsweyr feels so much more like an expansion than a mod to me, you guys should play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #11980
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,479 Posts
    When I use a console command to lower a stat it gets highlighted in red and I cannot level it up, any ideas how to fix this? If I enter the perk tree it still says I have 100.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

21. Post #11981
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Set a role and rules and play on Master
    Playing as a Mage is pretty difficult without any Magic rebalancing mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #11982
    September 2010
    6,624 Posts
    When I use a console command to lower a stat it gets highlighted in red and I cannot level it up, any ideas how to fix this? If I enter the perk tree it still says I have 100.
    You're using the wrong command. You're adding a buff/debuff, instead of setting the stat's number.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #11983
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    player.setav will set any skill to a number and actually change it, nothing else works the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #11984
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,479 Posts
    You're using the wrong command. You're adding a buff/debuff, instead of setting the stat's number.
    Then what command should I use? Both player.modav and player.forceav gives this effect.

Edited:

player.setav fixed it, didn't know that command even existed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #11985
    October 2009
    2,187 Posts
    Had put this project on hiatus for a few months, but here's an update:

I want to say that I'm about 80-85% done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #11986
    September 2010
    6,624 Posts
    Had put this project on hiatus for a few months, but here's an update:

I want to say that I'm about 80-85% done
    Could I ask what it's made of?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #11987
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,394 Posts
    Wow...

I dare someone to do a whole playthrough with this camera angle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #11988
    July 2010
    926 Posts
    Goddamn it come on, I played skyrim 5-6 hours today without one crash, I came back to play again later and now I can't even leave proudspire manor I will crash instantly when it starts loading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #11989
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,868 Posts
    Oh lord. NCIS made a Skyrim and "an arrow to the knee" reference in tonight's episode.

Considering how far in advance episodes are written and shot, must have been in Novemeber or December.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #11990
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,370 Posts
    Oh lord. NCIS made a Skyrim and "an arrow to the knee" reference in tonight's episode.

Considering how far in advance episodes are written and shot, must have been in Novemeber or December.
    Well, never watching that show again.

Ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #11991
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,136 Posts

Link to the segment, please. I want to see this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #11992
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,050 Posts
    It's like the "16 meg pipe" thing all over again.

33. Post #11993
    October 2009
    2,187 Posts
    Could I ask what it's made of?
    the helmet itself is paper with a fiberglass coating followed by a few layers of bondo. the horns are carved out of insulation foam and coated with fiberglass. I started to use bondo on them but I shifted to wood filler because it was easier to work with. the ridges are wire segments covered in epoxy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #11994
    May 2009
    23,136 Posts
    I'm starting to get bored of Skyrim again.
    Bored of my main character, because he is very powerful.
    Bored of my Mage character because not enough spells I like and he seems pretty weak.
    Almost bored of my Nord Two-Handed character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

35. Post #11995
    October 2009
    9,189 Posts
    I'm starting to get bored of Skyrim again.
    Bored of my main character, because he is very powerful.
    Bored of my Mage character because not enough spells I like and he seems pretty weak.
    Almost bored of my Nord Two-Handed character.
    Try a hand at Stealth.
    Yes, it definitely is over powered, but a lot more interesting than charging and fighting.
       Until you get high leveled, then it's quietly charging while making them drop like flies.   

36. Post #11996
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,119 Posts

Magic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

37. Post #11997
    March 2010
    1,715 Posts
    The dovahkiin relaxes too mod is great:

Sucks that neither steam nor printscreen get the RCRN effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #11998
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,619 Posts

I am making a video of my unarmed master.

This is just a preview.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #11999
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,032 Posts

Morrowind combat is based on dice rolls, it's a weird system when you've gotten used to oblivion and skyrim, but forcing hits would unbalance the combat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

40. Post #12000
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,619 Posts
    Where can I get daedric hearts? I already stole that one from the Companions and got a couple from the Mythic Dawn or whatever quest.

Can't find anymore.