1. Post #11121
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,839 Posts
    Ok managed to organize my shit in my home. As long as the game doesnt go gamebyro physics on my items I'll be fine.

Also I have an estimated 200 pounds of bastard potions that I need to sell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

2. Post #11122

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Ok managed to organize my shit in my home. As long as the game doesnt go gamebyro physics on my items I'll be fine.

This might help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #11123
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I want a finishing move for shouting someone to death. On that note, I wish Unrelenting Force did more direct physical damage.
    I always imagined Dovahkiin holding a bandit/guard/whatever by the collar and continually yelling "FUS RO DAH" at him until all that is left is a skeleton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #11124

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    On a completely different note, I somehow managed to glitch the game so that "unsheathing" my Healing spell causes it to act like it's unsheathing a sword.

AUTOMERGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #11125
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts

I have so many utterly worthless 1000+ gold potions I just carry them around and use them instead of gold. I cant help but think nobody in bethesda QA team actually tried to get the alchemy skill up to 100
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #11126

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I have so many utterly worthless 1000+ gold potions I just carry them around and use them instead of gold. I cant help but think nobody in bethesda QA team actually tried to get the alchemy skill up to 100
    What QA team?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #11127
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    I was sitting here waiting for somebody to make that comment

Seriously though its probably the most broken thing in the game. Iron daggers nothing, you can make like 20,000 gold worth of potions in one sitting easily and you have to do that to get the skill up to high levels. That said the alchemy system itself is the best it's ever been in any elder scrolls game.

8. Post #11128

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I was sitting here waiting for somebody to make that comment

Seriously though its probably the most broken thing in the game. Iron daggers nothing, you can make like 20,000 gold worth of potions in one sitting easily and you have to do that to get the skill up to high levels. That said the alchemy system itself is the best it's ever been in any elder scrolls game.
    Best alchemy system? The only potions in Skyrim that I use are those that restore health and magicka. Meanwhile, in Oblivion I used pretty much every potion and poison that I had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #11129
    October 2009
    9,445 Posts
    This guy right here, Alvor. Yeah, he's a badass.

ALVOR THE MIGHTY

Edited:

I always imagined Dovahkiin holding a bandit/guard/whatever by the collar and continually yelling "FUS RO DAH" at him until all that is left is a skeleton.
    Too bad the victim will be blown from the Dovahkiin's hands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #11130
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    Anybody who has actually used the system devotedly would indefinitely agree that its the best its ever been. Unfortunately it doesn't make a great "side skill," its actually well suited for a primary skill because it requires a time and perk investment, but with around 60 skill and a fair bit of perks you can deal crippling volumes of damage to everything, and make fortification potions that make you nearly super human.

Hell, just playing an alchemist is a very fun playthrough on its own, probably one of the only things worthwhile roleplaying.

Alchemy protips:

River Betty + Deathbell + Bleeding Crown

Imp Stool + Swamp Fungal Pod

Do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

11. Post #11131

August 2011
    5,969 Posts

ALVOR THE MIGHTY

Edited:

Too bad the victim will be blown from the Dovahkiin's hands
    Dovahkiin has very good grip. Very good. All those nights of reading the Lusty Argonian Maid pay off.

Edited:

Anybody who has actually used the system devotedly would indefinitely agree that its the best its ever been. Unfortunately it doesn't make a great "side skill," its actually well suited for a primary skill because it requires a time and perk investment, but with around 60 skill and a fair bit of perks you can deal crippling volumes of damage to everything, and make fortification potions that make you nearly super human.

Hell, just playing an alchemist is a very fun playthrough on its own, probably one of the only things worthwhile roleplaying.

Alchemy protips:

River Betty + Deathbell + Bleeding Crown

Imp Stool + Swamp Fungal Pod

Do it.
    To be honest I find alchemy even more dull than smithing...and now that smithing can't be quickly done by spamming iron daggers it's even more boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

12. Post #11132
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    Yeah it irks me that they just gave everybody a big "fuck you" with smithing. They didn't fix the inherently broken smithing, but at the same time they removed the only thing that made smithing worthwhile. Now its garbage.

Alchemy is fun when its your primary skill, but really only then. Its something that requires a lot of knowledge on the players end, you need to learn which ingredients do what, where you can find said ingredients, and which ingredients to combine to make powerful potions and poisons.

Those recipes I gave you will make some of the most cruel poisons out of ingredients that are very common.

13. Post #11133

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Yeah it irks me that they just gave everybody a big "fuck you" with smithing. They didn't fix the inherently broken smithing, but at the same time they removed the only thing that made smithing worthwhile. Now its garbage.

Alchemy is fun when its your primary skill, but really only then. Its something that requires a lot of knowledge on the players end, you need to learn which ingredients do what, where you can find said ingredients, and which ingredients to combine to make powerful potions and poisons.

Those recipes I gave you will make some of the most cruel poisons out of ingredients that are very common.
    I would use poisons more if half the enemies in the game weren't immune to them and the other half consist of "bandits" with 40 health.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #11134
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,839 Posts
    Well, the engine simulated the effects of a tornado going through my house after I left to sell the remainder of my potions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #11135
    October 2009
    9,445 Posts
    I would use poisons more if half the enemies in the game weren't immune to them and the other half consist of "bandits" with 40 health.
    A lot of the poisons simply aren't worth it, to me. A lot of them are simply spells or can be accomplished just my swiping an enemy with your dagger.

16. Post #11136
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    To put it bluntly, making a "12 damage health" poison will get you nowhere with alchemy, you need to get creative with the effects.

That first poison is better suited to really tough opponents because it will deal a huge volume of damage, cripple their movement, and make them highly susceptible to further poison attacks. Its also a highly valuable poison so it levels the alchemy skill quickly when you make it. Second one is just a cheap paralysis poison and needless to say paralysis is always useful, especially when you can make the magnitude upwards of 20 seconds. Paralysis is another highly valuable poison so it levels the skill quickly.

If you just make like 10-20 of any given really powerful poison, you can put it in your favorites and use it on any high level human/animal enemy to completely obliterate them. Obviously its useless for stuff like draugr/robots, but great for high level bandits, falmer and dragons.

17. Post #11137
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,453 Posts
    I added a comment to a Nexus mod reporting bugs (clipping and weight scaling issues) and someone (not the mod creator) jumped down my throat saying that the issue in question is the intended design and that I was completely missing the point...

I don't recall the community being this militant and sycophantic before Skyrim came out. If I get banned from the site for attempting to be helpful, I'm going to be a wee bit pissed.
    The TES modding community has always been this terrible iirc.

18. Post #11138
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    Don't talk shit bout' alchemy

Not to mention with "concentrated poison" you can use these monstrosities for two hits in a row.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #11139
    October 2011
    382 Posts
    The TES modding community has always been this terrible iirc.
    It wasn't bad way back when Morrowind was still en vogue, but after Oblivion was released, it went severely downhill and fell off a cliff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #11140
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    If only someone did and interactive skyrim thread. Eventually we'd end up stopping in the middle of a boss fight to read the Lusty Argonian Maid, and use poison to kill rabbits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #11141

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    If only someone did and interactive skyrim thread. Eventually we'd end up stopping in the middle of a boss fight to read the Lusty Argonian Maid, and use poison to kill rabbits.
    Our main character would be Lifts-Her-Tail, even.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #11142
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,758 Posts
    I want a finishing move for shouting someone to death. On that note, I wish Unrelenting Force did more direct physical damage.
    If they are low on health and you are close to them when you shout:
    You grab them by their ears, put your face to their's and just yell. Then the camera pans out as they instantly get eviscerated, pieces flying into the distance and covering Skyrim in gore as children play in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #11143

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Something that has been bugging me: Why is there so little variety in lighting in Skyrim? Every dungeon uses the exact same pale yellow lighting, with the occasional blue light. The same lighting scheme exists at night outdoors, and it looks terrible. Opening up the Creation Kit and looking at the list of lights, it's obvious that Skyrim has about 1/10 the variety in lighting of Oblivion.

For some reason I wish Ayleid Ruins were in Skyrim now.

24. Post #11144
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Don't talk shit bout' alchemy

Not to mention with "concentrated poison" you can use these monstrosities for two hits in a row.
    Easily the best Poison effects, Paralysis is probably the most useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #11145
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    On the benificial side though, fortify destruction is a pretty epic alchemy effect. Basically a supercharger for anybody with decent destruction skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #11146
    March 2011
    4,286 Posts
    So do you gain xp in smithing based on how much ingredients are required to make a certain armor like a chestplate or do you barely gain any for all of them. I wouldn't know because I'm only at like 30 smithing and all I've ever smithed was iron.

27. Post #11147
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    You get dick for making anything. It was only a viable choice before because you could spam iron daggers for advancement, but now making anything gives you barely any XP.

28. Post #11148

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    You get dick for making anything. It was only a viable choice before because you could spam iron daggers for advancement, but now making anything gives you barely any XP.
    Dwarven bows seem to increase it pretty quickly once daggers stop being useful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #11149
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Dwarven bows seem to increase it pretty quickly once daggers stop being useful.
    To be honest that doesn't seem worth it, using that many materials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #11150

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    To be honest that doesn't seem worth it, using that many materials.
    It's a dwarven and an iron ingot. Not very expensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #11151
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    It's a dwarven and an iron ingot. Not very expensive.
    Shut up i forgot what materials you had to use...ignore my ignorance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #11152
    Nothing, but according to everything I've looked up there should be white text on the lower right hand corner telling me what's downloading.
    You didn't turn off automatic updating for Skyrim did you?

Also mind if I ask for a working Steam profile link?

33. Post #11153
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,758 Posts
    Here's some more screenshots; this time based on the adventures of a bad-ass werewolf hunter, Malak gro Malar, as he searches for the infamous Fenrir.

Day 01: Hunting for Fenrir, the Legendary Werewolf. Was told he was last seen near the hot springs. Took the oppertunity to ask the locals... and stew in the buff.

Night 01: As I relax by the fire, I reflect on my journey thus far. It was boring. Found nothing but dried dog scat, rotting animals and a couple of frozen and charred corpses. I want to gut something.

Day 02: After leaving the hot springs for better hunting, I stumbled upon a camp full of Reach savages. One called me an ugly tramp, so I chopped his head off. The others didn't take too kindly to that.

Night 02: After a heated argument, we eventually came to an agreement and they let me camp here for the night. Silence means 'yes', right?

Day 03: Some crazy cat lady came after me with a knife, shouting something about a brotherhood. She wouldn't shut up, so I dunked her 'til the bubbles stopped.

Night 03: I set up camp near a river this time. These fishes kept biting me after being attracted by the cat's corpse, so I shouted one out of the water and fried 'em up. The fishes stopped biting me after that.

Day 04: Finally got around to reading a soaked note that cat lady had. It's a bunch of gibberish about sacrements, as expected. Dumb cat.

Day 04 Part 2: A ruffian shot me with an arrow while I was reading said note. How rude. Does Malak gotta to choke a bitch to get things done? Apparently so.

Day 05: Last night was too uneventful, so this day had to make up for it. I asked a bunch of bandits if they saw Fenrir. Of course, they started hitting and spouting rude comments about my mother. I ended up stomping one into the ground to help get it through his thick head not to talk about ma.

Day 05, Part 2: Death is messy business, so I organized the bodies to make things a little easier. I wonder if Death is a man or a woman. I hope it's a woman. What was I doing again.

Bonus: After finally remembering that I was supposed to kill this werewolf, I ended up getting sidetracked yet again, but it was worth it. I came across the legendary immortal goat, Capricornucopius. No matter how manner times I chopped on him, he still stood and just kept walking backwards. He only walks backwards apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #11154
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    Definitely the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

35. Post #11155
    Am I the only person who genuinely enjoys Bethesda games as they are on release?

Loved Oblivion, and I've never installed the unofficial patch, plus I still don't see the supposed ridiculousness of the faces.

Skyrim was fine. Could have been a million times better and was a bit of a disappointment now I think about it, I'd still play it over again though.

I enjoyed Morrowind, though I haven't completed it yet (its not on my main PC, so I have to play it when nothing else presents itself, even then I could just play Skyrim on my laptop instead).

Fallout 3 is tied for my favourite game ever, with oblivion.

New Vegas? Nyeeeh, but that's not a bethesda game

I think people expect bethesda to come out with these incredible worlds where everything can change, or happen differently etc; while that might not be too tall an order in some cases (having as many quests as previous games), sometimes fan expectations outmatch what is feasible.

Bethesda is flawed. But what's a hero without a few flaws?

the canon Dragonborn   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #11156
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,453 Posts
    I'm disappointed that there aren't any mods out there that improve radiant quests. I would've preferred defending a town from necromancers or protecting a merchant caravan over traveling to x to kill y.

Why quests like animal extermination exist are beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #11157
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,795 Posts
    I'm disappointed that there aren't any mods out there that improve radiant quests. I would've preferred defending a town from necromancers or protecting a merchant caravan over traveling to x to kill y.

Why quests like animal extermination exist are beyond me.
    I just wish they paid more. I dont know whats up with bethesda and making crap quest rewards. Its just with the dosh you can make by stealing things or entering dungeons, there isnt much reason to do a pretty stilited radiant quest that isnt as fun as stealing or raiding a dungeon.

May as well jsut do a radiant quest, get good dosh, buy some cool stuff with said dosh, then BAM, suddenly radiant quests are worth doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #11158

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I just wish they paid more. I dont know whats up with bethesda and making crap quest rewards. Its just with the dosh you can make by stealing things or entering dungeons, there isnt much reason to do a pretty stilited radiant quest that isnt as fun as stealing or raiding a dungeon.

May as well jsut do a radiant quest, get good dosh, buy some cool stuff with said dosh, then BAM, suddenly radiant quests are worth doing.
    There's nothing to buy with the dosh except houses, really. And maybe soul gems. It's easier to find and create your own weapons and armor, there's no point in buying mage robes because the Archmage Robe is the best, and if you want to get more potions you can just do alchemy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #11159
    October 2009
    9,445 Posts
    There's nothing to buy with the dosh except houses, really. And maybe soul gems. It's easier to find and create your own weapons and armor, there's no point in buying mage robes because the Archmage Robe is the best, and if you want to get more potions you can just do alchemy.
    A shame there are no unenchanted mage ropes, from what I saw.
    That way I can enchant them with 100% less casting cost. I know I can do that with rings and amulets, but still. No point in the Archmage Robes once you get high enchantmenting.

40. Post #11160

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    A shame there are no unenchanted mage ropes, from what I saw.
    That way I can enchant them with 100% less casting cost. I know I can do that with rings and amulets, but still. No point in the Archmage Robes once you get high enchantmenting.
    You can find unenchanted mage robes all over the place in random containers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)