1. Post #11081
    June 2010
    1,076 Posts
    What are some must have graphical and gameplay mods for Oblivion?Im getting it soon and i would like to know what mods i should have for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #11082
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    The elves think of themselves as very special, while at the end the differences between them and men are skull build and the fact that they are not cursed to live for a century at most. Dunno how Khajiits and Argonians fit into that, but seeing Khajiits have the same pantheon as both monkey species, they may be roughly the same in terms of soul, non-Mundus ancestry and shit.
    Aren't khajiits technically wood elves, or did I read the lore wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

3. Post #11083
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,605 Posts
    So, how do I go around spawning a quest-related book? In this case, the Dreamstride, I'm still stuck on this stupid Waking Glitchnightmare quest, the Dreamstride just isn't where it should be, there's absolutely no book on the thing it's supposed to be on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #11084
    player.additem 0009DE3D 1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #11085
    May 2011
    2,859 Posts
    Geez, Nazir and Vex are quite hard to turn into followers console/creation kit wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

6. Post #11086
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,799 Posts
    Aren't khajiits technically wood elves, or did I read the lore wrong?
    Not that I recall, Im fairly certain that they are descendants of large cats (cougars, jaguars, tigers, etc) in lore. That or large cats are just their "cousins" (though that doesnt stop sabre cats from mauling me all the time)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #11087
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,504 Posts
    Not that I recall, Im fairly certain that they are descendants of large cats (cougars, jaguars, tigers, etc) in lore. That or large cats are just their "cousins" (though that doesnt stop sabre cats from mauling me all the time)
    Wood Elves and Khajiit were the same race until Azura changed some into Khajiit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #11088
    UK is fucking terrible, don't live here.
    January 2012
    1,169 Posts
    Fucking hell i hate when we get to a new page and i don't realise it, i'm just sat on the previous page like a moron thinking, "Why's nobody posting?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #11089
    May 2011
    2,859 Posts
    Gorillas are our close cousins and if you get too close to one he will rip you apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

10. Post #11090
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,799 Posts
    Gorillas are our close cousins and if you get too close to one he will rip you apart.
    Yes, the dreaded gorilla that waits at the bottom of ravines and behind short hills to attack explorers every 50 feet.

On that note, its a wonder that anybody is still fucking alive in Skyrim given the volume of bear, wolf, ice wolf, saber cat, troll, DARGON, frost troll, spriggan, bandit and spider attacks that you incur if you take more than 20 steps outside of town. Every time you get in a random non-hostile encounter with somebody on the road in skyrim, not 20 seconds later they literally get ambushed by a a bear or saber cat and die horribly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11091
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    Should I get Oblivion GOTY Deluxe? I lost my copy a while back, and i never got far in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #11092
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,799 Posts
    Should I get Oblivion GOTY Deluxe? I lost my copy a while back, and i never got far in the game.
    Its definitely worth it if you liked it. Only thing really wrong with oblivion would be the humdrum level scaling and the potato faces, but otherwise its highly enjoyable.

The shivering isles expansion is particularly awesome and you'll get that with the GOTY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #11093
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,000 Posts
    So I met a Farmer guy who was bringing a cow as an offering for the giants, he assured me he doesn't need help and everything will be ok cause giants are his bros. Then I watched as he walked up to one and got smacked so hard he got stuck in a wall. Hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

14. Post #11094
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,610 Posts
    What are some must have graphical and gameplay mods for Oblivion?Im getting it soon and i would like to know what mods i should have for it
    Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #11095

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Practically required:
    Unofficial Oblivion Patch
    Oblivion Mod Manager or Nexus Mod Manager (either one)
    Fast Exit (prevents the crash on exit)
    Wrye Bash (advanced mod manager and more)
    Streamline (has multiple features that improve FPS)
    Operation Optimization (mod that lowers poly count on meshes to improve FPS; has no visual impact)

Recommended:
    Qarl's Texture Pack (improves resolution of most textures)
    Oblivion Graphics Extender (adds modern graphic effects like SSAO)
    All Natural (environment mod that also allows time of day to affect indoor lighting; highly recommended)
    Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (amazing gameplay overhaul that adds many more items and changes level scaling to be similar to that of Morrowind; is easy to install compared to things like FCOM)
    Any custom race mod (default races look terrible no matter what mods you use)
    Enhanced Hotkeys (allows more hotkeys, adds chain-casting/autocasting; a must for any magic-based character unless you enjoy spending most of your time in your tab menu)
    Keychain (removes all of those keys cluttering up your inventory and puts them into a single item)
    Enhanced Vegetation

Great but maybe not the best for everyone:
    DarkUId DarN (great UI mod, especially for large monitors)
    Realistic Leveling (removes allocating skills upon sleeping; attributes automatically increase with skills; luck increases with fame)
    Better Cities (looks great but can kill FPS)
    Unique Landscapes (also looks great but can also kill FPS)

Good but I don't use them:
    Deadly Reflex (combat overhaul; Skyrim's combat and finishers are based on it; difficult to install)
    Unnecessary Violence (more combat overhaul stuff)
    FCOM (huge gameplay overhaul; very difficult to install)
    Realistic Fatigue (yes, it's realistic, but it's also a PITA)

You perv:
    HGEC Body
    EVE stock clothing + OOO clothing replacer
    Armor mods
    Hair mods (unlike its Skyrim version, the coolsims hair pack isn't bugged to hell in Oblivion)

Problem is, most good mods for Oblivion are a bitch to install, and there are so many mods for Oblivion.

Also, force Anisotropic Filtering on in your video card's settings, as Oblivion has none by default and this causes blurry textures. Also note that Oblivion is a much more unstable and FPS-destroying game than Skyrim is, and you will probably experience weirdness no matter how good your rig is, especially when it comes to NPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #11096
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,610 Posts
    also I'm probably about 600 millennia late on this but I just realized that Elsweyr is pronounced exactly the same as "elsewhere".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #11097
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,241 Posts
    I just got out of Helgen. Should I go for One-Handed dual, One-handed with shield or Two-handed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #11098

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I just got out of Helgen. Should I go for One-Handed dual, One-handed with shield or Two-handed?
    In my experience, two-handers are both boring and not as good as one-handers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #11099
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    I have gotten so bored with this game, its like no other Bethesda RPG Ive tried. Ive gotten to around 100 or more hours and now I can't get myself to touch it. Theres just nothing to do. Ive done every major quest line bar the College of Winterhold. I feel like the game is just screaming at me to stop playing every time I load it up. Ive killed that same bandit in the same way a hundred times over. Ive gotten to the stage where dressing up as a half naked barbarian with no armour bar gloves and not even using enchanted weapons still makes the game absurdly easy. And no, I don't play the fucking moronic and redundant difficulty levels above normal because adding on massive amounts of health to basic enemies and increasing the damage you take by twice as much is not my idea of a satisfying challenge.

Dragons I feel should of been more of an epic encounter once every few hours encounter that were different everytime and actually scared the shit out of you.

Skyrim is supposed to be in civil war, ravaged and desparate on both sides of the conflict. Yet townsfolk never seem to give a shit beyond a few quickly repeated lines about their invaders. Not once in the entire game do you see a proper "army". The repetitive castle sieges are retarded, why the hell do the garrison's of every settlement rush to a ruin with not even a functioning gate to speak of everytime they get attacked? perhaps the Imperials wouldn't of lost every inch of their land in Skyrim in a week if they had actually considered concentrating their men at the gates at Solitude, and had not let them drink tea and have a final feast as the Stormcloaks just walk in to find the walls undefended, the gate unlocked and like 5 men standing around scratching their hairy arses.

And then in the peace treaty:

The first thing Jarl Ulfric demands is Markarth. Why, of all places would he want Markarth. Its on the other side of Skyrim. The moment that truce ends Markarth is surrounded and cut off. No supplies, no profit from the mine, no trade, and an easy target for Imperial forces. Every General and Leader in Skyrim is a hopeless joke that couldn't take over a sand castle if their lives depended on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #11100
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    So I met a Farmer guy who was bringing a cow as an offering for the giants, he assured me he doesn't need help and everything will be ok cause giants are his bros. Then I watched as he walked up to one and got smacked so hard he got stuck in a wall. Hilarious.
    I met one, and watched him get ripped apart by a sabre cat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #11101
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    Can anyone offer me any help? I can't seem to get steam workshop to download any of my subscribed mods. I've googled it and can't seem to find any help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #11102
    What happens when you open the Skyrim Launcher?

23. Post #11103
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,408 Posts
    The first thing Jarl Ulfric demands is Markarth. Why, of all places would he want Markarth.
    He wants the silver mines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

24. Post #11104

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    He wants to quash any dissent about him slaughtering the Forsworn and evicting them from their lands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #11105
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    The moment that truce ends Markarth is surrounded and cut off. No supplies, no profit from the mine, no trade, and an easy target for Imperial forces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #11106
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,851 Posts
    Right now I'm starting to transfer my stuff from my Whiterun home to my Solitude home.

I am carrying a total of 2319 pounds of stuff.
    I am not a hoarder. It's just that the merchants are too fucking poor.

Wish me luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #11107
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    Are you going to walk all the way? Sure seems more interesting than doing dungeon runs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

28. Post #11108
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts

Nothing beats an early morning brain scrambling.

29. Post #11109
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    At first I thought you were petting her, but then I saw blood coming out of your crotch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

30. Post #11110
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,605 Posts
    player.additem 0009DE3D 1
    As I stated earlier in this thread, that doesn't work for some stupid reason, it's like it doesn't exist in my game at all, just gives me an error.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

31. Post #11111
    Creator of the Gold Member Times
    November 2011
    1,619 Posts
    As I stated earlier in this thread, that doesn't work for some stupid reason, it's like it doesn't exist in my game at all, just gives me an error.
    Did you check uesp? It tends to have solutions for quests in the bug section.

32. Post #11112
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,851 Posts
    Are you going to walk all the way? Sure seems more interesting than doing dungeon runs.
    No.

The part I need luck on is organizing everything.
    I managed to buy a horse and fast travelled to solitude. I panicked when I couldnt use the carriage and thought I had to walk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

33. Post #11113

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I just headbutt a ghost to death with a two-hander finishing move...Then I decapitated another one. A ghost. With a warhammer.

I'm not wearing a helmet either, so I'm not sure if it hurt or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

34. Post #11114
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    Nothing, but according to everything I've looked up there should be white text on the lower right hand corner telling me what's downloading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #11115
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    You must be joking.

Edit: But yeah, all it does is find updates to mods, and it also messes with my windows update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #11116

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I added a comment to a Nexus mod reporting bugs (clipping and weight scaling issues) and someone (not the mod creator) jumped down my throat saying that the issue in question is the intended design and that I was completely missing the point...

I don't recall the community being this militant and sycophantic before Skyrim came out. If I get banned from the site for attempting to be helpful, I'm going to be a wee bit pissed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #11117
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,241 Posts
    Right now I'm starting to transfer my stuff from my Whiterun home to my Solitude home.

I am carrying a total of 2319 pounds of stuff.
    I am not a hoarder. It's just that the merchants are too fucking poor.

Wish me luck
    Something that I really wanted in this game the moment I pre-ordered it was the Fallout 3 trade system.

You carry a ton of stuff to a merchant, neither of you have any gold - No way of trading. He will get your stuff for free and you will get nothing.

38. Post #11118
    July 2010
    928 Posts
    This guy right here, Alvor. Yeah, he's a badass.

Something about studded armor just looks so.. fresh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

39. Post #11119
    Hi
    February 2010
    12,241 Posts
    I just headbutt a ghost to death with a two-hander finishing move...
    I love that animation so much.

Automerge.

40. Post #11120

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I love that animation so much.

Automerge.
    I want a finishing move for shouting someone to death. On that note, I wish Unrelenting Force did more direct physical damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)