1. Post #4001
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,696 Posts
    What do you guys think about brands like this?

http://www.skullandbonesboysclub.bigcartel.com/

or

http://www.enclave-apparel.com/

and so on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

2. Post #4002
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    if it isnt obvious to you by now we generally aren't a fan of that style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4003
    July 2010
    2,119 Posts
    I kinda like the first one but the second one...
    it's like they only hire douchebags.

Edited:

what the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4004
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,696 Posts
    I'm still not clear on what type of t-shirts this thread is keen on. You people mostly post button ups or stuff like that

and I'm just trying to figure stuff out. Planning on making a clothing brand during the summer with a couple of friends so we want to go the right way to, at least, get this thread's approval

5. Post #4005
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    I'm still not clear on what type of t-shirts this thread is keen on. You people mostly post button ups or stuff like that
    I like simple graphic tees, but the fit has a lot to do with a good t-shirt

I don't want so much extra fabric on my sleeves that I could use my arms as a parachute if necessary

6. Post #4006
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    stop with the whole "we" thing

this thread is composed of individuals

not a fucking hivemind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #4007
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,696 Posts
    I like simple graphic tees, but the fit has a lot to do with a good t-shirt

I don't want so much extra fabric on my sleeves that I could use my arms as a parachute if necessary
    Well I can't do much about the shirt itself. I'm going to get them printed on a website for the time being. Hopefully I'll gett my hands on good shirts later on.

So just the design part for now.

Do people wear v-necks with graphics? I never really liked to some stuff like that on v-necks, but what do you guys think?

8. Post #4008
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,051 Posts
    stop with the whole "we" thing

this thread is composed of individuals

not a fucking hivemind
    oh im sorry did my phrasing hurt your feelings?
    i meant to say, a large portion of the individuals who post in this thread generally do not like graphic t shirts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #4009
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    Well I can't do much about the shirt itself. I'm going to get them printed on a website for the time being. Hopefully I'll gett my hands on good shirts later on.

So just the design part for now.

Do people wear v-necks with graphics? I never really liked to some stuff like that on v-necks, but what do you guys think?
    v neck is just a collar type

i have a couple vnecks from AE with simple graphics on 'em, I kinda like em

Edited:

i meant to say, a large portion of the individuals who post in this thread generally do not like graphic t shirts.
    there's a fine line between what can be a good graphic tee and what can't

bad:

not that bad:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #4010
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,696 Posts
    v neck is just a collar type

i have a couple vnecks from AE with simple graphics on 'em, I kinda like em
    Only ones I've seen were here actually.

http://www.frightmare.bigcartel.com/

can you show what you have, if that's not too much to ask? PM is fine too

11. Post #4011
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,753 Posts
    the ones I got were somewhat like this

i don't care about being a walking billboard, but i have two that are no more complex than that

unfortunately all the other graphic v-necks they have on their site are much worse, and I really CBA to take a picture of the ones I have
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4012
    Dennab
    June 2011
    560 Posts
    sorry but whenever says something contrary to your opinion, don't automatically assume everybody in this thread is going to back you up

and saying "we" makes it seem like those who disagree are outsiders

terribly arrogant

13. Post #4013
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    sorry but whenever says something contrary to your opinion, don't automatically assume everybody in this thread is going to back you up

and saying "we" makes it seem like those who disagree are outsiders

terribly arrogant
    We don't like outsiders 'round these parts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4014
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,013 Posts
    Ok, here's a question for all you guys:

What type of graphic t-shirts would/do you wear?
    I fear this is leading to you posting that Tshirt design you did

again

Edited:

I kinda like the first one but the second one...
    it's like they only hire douchebags.

Edited:

what the fuck
    I agree with you but I must point out that they only have that one male model so it's sort of redundant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #4015
    THE TRUE SAN DIEGAN WARLORD
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    Are these shirts any good

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

16. Post #4016
    a cervine
    May 2008
    6,726 Posts
    I could wear the middle one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #4017
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    if don't find graphic tees objectionable and like the band... wear em dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

18. Post #4018
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,072 Posts
    That first one feels way too framed.

Like it doesn't fit the shirt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #4019
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    What type of graphic t-shirts would/do you wear?
    simple and subtle stuff

often with designs based around pop-culture but never anything awfully loud and obvious like "wow look at this it's calvin and hobbes crossed with star wars"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #4020
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,308 Posts
    What type of shirt is it when it looks like a dress shirt but designed for everyday use(i.e informal, different material ALSO plain color, no stripes). Combine that with black skinny jeans and you look awesome. It should remind you of some ordinary hipster.
    its called a shirt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #4021
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Are these shirts any good

Touché Amoré are awesome. I think the second one looks best, but maybe that's just because I love purple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #4022
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,045 Posts
    so I got these grey skinny jeans for $5 yesterday, and I don't know what to wear them with. Even if I cut them off into shorts, I'm clueless. What could go with something like these?

those aren't skinny jeans. looks more like bootcut tbh

Edited:

simple and subtle stuff

often with designs based around pop-culture but never anything awfully loud and obvious like "wow look at this it's calvin and hobbes crossed with star wars"
    don't get pop culture reference shirts
    those are awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #4023
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts
    those aren't skinny jeans. looks more like bootcut tbh

Edited:

don't get pop culture reference shirts
    those are awful
    they are perfectly fine as long as they're not obnoxiously designed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #4024
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    7,013 Posts
    Pop culture references in themselves are kind of obnoxious to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #4025
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts
    thats a pretty broad thing to say. you could classify almost anything as a pop culture reference
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #4026
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    having a pop culture reference on a shirt just makes you look like you're obsessed with whatever that reference is, in my eyes, even if you're not - i don't care

like that breaking bad(?) one? i'll just assume you think breaking bad is the best thing to ever have been on tv ever if you were excited enough to buy (make, in this case?) a t-shirt of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #4027
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    having a pop culture reference on a shirt just makes you look like you're obsessed with whatever that reference is, in my eyes, even if you're not - i don't care

like that breaking bad(?) one? i'll just assume you think breaking bad is the best thing to ever have been on tv ever if you were excited enough to buy (make, in this case?) a t-shirt of it
    While I agree with you, your argument is moot because Big Trouble in Little China is the best thing to have ever been projected onto a screen ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4028
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts

you must not see very many people

Edited:

i mean i do wear some shirts of things i think are the best things ever (evil dead) but most of my shirts are just things i like. if you assume that wearing a shirt of something = their favourite thing ever, especially if you know that person and they wear different shirts of different things, ur the one thats a bit strange and frankly very illogical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4029
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,298 Posts
    I have a shirt from ireland

does that mean I'm obsessed with ireland
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4030
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,696 Posts
    I fear this is leading to you posting that Tshirt design you did

again
    no actually not. i'm not selling anymore since shepards closed, so this is just research

31. Post #4031
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    you must not see very many people
    yeh i never leave the house look at my postcount lmao

i mean i do wear some shirts of things i think are the best things ever (evil dead) but most of my shirts are just things i like. if you assume that wearing a shirt of something = their favourite thing ever, especially if you know that person and they wear different shirts of different things, ur the one thats a bit strange and frankly very illogical
    in this instance i was talking about seeing people and i don't know them at all

"of course you're going to judge someone by their clothing. what else do you have to go off?"
    - rusty100, 2011 (or 2012 i can't remember)*

*paraphrased
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #4032
    January 2011
    7,013 Posts
    Check and mate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #4033
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts
    yeh i never leave the house look at my postcount lmao

in this instance i was talking about seeing people and i don't know them at all

"of course you're going to judge someone by their clothing. what else do you have to go off?"
    - rusty100, 2011 (or 2012 i can't remember)*

*paraphrased
    thats not what i said my two posts dont negate eachother
    im just saying that while yes u judge people based on the way they dress its an incredible leap in logic to assume that wearing a shirt of something = their favourite thing. isnt the natural assumption and judgement that they are a fan of said thing? to have some kinda weird assumption its their most favouritest!! thing is just strange on your part

stop trying to wicked burn me with posts that in no way contradict eachother
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #4034
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    24,005 Posts
    I want a shirt that says

Save Ferris on it

I seen this one but

It's got Cameron on it.

and don't get me wrong I love Cameron but I don't understand why they put him on and not... you know.. Ferris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #4035
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts

that's a kind of strange logic you got.

when i see someone with a lets say indiana jones t-shirt i assume they're into film in general. it's not like the person is strolling around in a fedora, safari shirt, satchel and whip.
    and if someone's wearing a pop-culture tee I don't get, I just think that it's a cool t-shirt (proven it's well designed obviously).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

36. Post #4036
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,182 Posts
    I want a shirt that says

Save Ferris on it

I seen this one but

It's got Cameron on it.

and don't get me wrong I love Cameron but I don't understand why they put him on and not... you know.. Ferris.
    it'd be cooler with just save ferris, no picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

37. Post #4037
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    thats not what i said my two posts dont negate eachother
    im just saying that while yes u judge people based on the way they dress its an incredible leap in logic to assume that wearing a shirt of something = their favourite thing. isnt the natural assumption and judgement that they are a fan of said thing? to have some kinda weird assumption its their most favouritest!! thing is just strange on your part

stop trying to wicked burn me with posts that in no way contradict eachother
    i'm jus saying that i'm judging someone on what i see them wearing. i was exaggerating my response for the purposes of getting reaction but really i think perhaps it stems from the fact that i'm never very fond of one thing for a very long period of time so adorning yourself with its logo or a subtle reference to it seems odd to me

for example i really really liked drive when i saw it the other week but i wouldn't bother buying a shirt with a reference to it (or the jacket hahah) because in another week i'll be bored of liking it and will have moved on to enjoying something else

getting mad excited about a piece of media or whatever and buying its merchandise reminds me of being 15

Edited:

same thing with band t-shirts and the like

38. Post #4038
    September 2005
    62,569 Posts

getting mad excited about a piece of media or whatever and buying its merchandise reminds me of being 15
    well look at the big man!! u stupid kids... getin excited over media... lol!!

Edited:

its so childish to be a fan of things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4039
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,090 Posts
    yeh i'm an old depressing git

Edited:

just my personal experience bro

Edited:

maybe if anything i'm the childish one because i don't care about much for a long period of time??? so a pop culture shirt would be a poor investment for me

40. Post #4040
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    4,978 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)