1. Post #4521
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,117 Posts
    Could you get a screenshot of it in game, specifically the top of the chest, I want to see if it has a colour code on the top, and I can't get into my snapshot.
    here i stole an image of it from sa

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #4522
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,270 Posts
    Erm, the info for the newest Snapshot says "One big difference this time is that you don’t need the server jar to play single-player."

But when I try to play SP it says I need it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #4523
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    Erm, the info for the newest Snapshot says "One big difference this time is that you don’t need the server jar to play single-player."

But when I try to play SP it says I need it.
    It's a bug, it doesn't actually use it, Just make a blank file or use an old one or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4524
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,706 Posts
    Fucking notch not allowing us to change our minecraft email old email was deleted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #4525
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    here i stole an image of it from sa

Aww, It doesn't have the code on it then, but still, it is incredibly useful for Adventure Maps. Instead of having to have complicated minecart systems to keep things across dangerous bits of the map, just put it in one of these.

6. Post #4526
    October 2009
    844 Posts
    Just an FYI - the villagers do get more items to trade with you. After a while (or possibly after you've bought stuff from them can't tell) they get the potion particle effect around them and they can sell you more stuff. No idea what criteria it is though.

7. Post #4527

March 2012
    156 Posts
    Were the desert pyramids in the last snapshot or not? Because I found one.

Seed was village I think . Very original, I know, but I wanted to find a village :V
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32264365/mei...4_16.12.37.png , here are the coordinates too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #4528
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    Were the desert pyramids in the last snapshot or not? Because I found one.

Seed was village I think . Very original, I know, but I wanted to find a village :V
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32264365/mei...4_16.12.37.png , here are the coordinates too.
    New. You can tell because on either side, it uses Sandstone stairs, and they only exist in the latest snapshot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #4529
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rip $5
    December 2009
    5,742 Posts
    I also found a pyramid, but it's connected to a village:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #4530
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,270 Posts
    oh wow I made a new world, go to my first cave that goes 6 blocks deep, I find Iron without having to dig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #4531
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rip $5
    December 2009
    5,742 Posts
    They've also added emeralds, but that's probably the currency.

Edited:

And the emerald ore is red, while the emerald item is green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

12. Post #4532

March 2012
    156 Posts
    New. You can tell because on either side, it uses Sandstone stairs, and they only exist in the latest snapshot.
    Great!

It had these things in it

Well, you can go into it. Break the blue wool while standing on it, I dare you!

You will find 4 chests and a little surprise, hint, pressure plates and smoke    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events

13. Post #4533
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    I also found a pyramid, but it's connected to a village:

There looks like a hole in the top of it, Is that a way in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4534

March 2012
    156 Posts
    There looks like a hole in the top of it, Is that a way in?
    Yes, You can also go into the same place from the front door.

Also, wolves now spawn in forest biomes too!

15. Post #4535
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    Yes, You can also go into the same place from the front door.

Also, wolves now spawn in forest biomes too!
    There's a front door? Now I feel a bit embarassed

16. Post #4536
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,091 Posts
    Also the pic on the download page shows a desert village

Can anyone confirm if this is in the snapshot?
    yes there a villages based on the biome it's in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #4537

March 2012
    156 Posts
    Any seeds where I spawn in the village? Please?

18. Post #4538
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,270 Posts
    How rare are emeralds? A villager just sold me Diamond Leggings for 13 in creative mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #4539
    October 2009
    844 Posts
    How rare are emeralds? A villager just sold me Diamond Leggings for 13 in creative mode.
    Not sure - but some villagers will trade you regular diamonds for them

20. Post #4540

March 2012
    156 Posts
    Cool, you can get coal into emeralds, meat, rotten flesh, etc.

Awesome!

And that you can get tools and armor from them for emeralds too! And bottle of enchantings. And bookcases, paper, etc.

21. Post #4541
    moo
    November 2006
    4,833 Posts
    How long does it take to mine the ender chest, and does it need a diamond pick to mine it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #4542
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    The new gravel texture is really ugly IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #4543
    I have a 1 inch cock erect but girls cum all over me
    April 2009
    725 Posts
    SANDSTONE STAIRS.
    FINALLY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #4544
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Let's help this guy shall we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4545
    July 2007
    69 Posts
    It seems the more you buy from villigers the more new items they can sell, purple stuff starts floating around them when they have new items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4546
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,197 Posts
    i'm getting an error message called It's worse than that; he's dead jim when i try to make a new world

how do i fix it?

fix'd it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

27. Post #4547
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,451 Posts
    They've also added emeralds, but that's probably the currency.

Edited:

And the emerald ore is red, while the emerald item is green.
    jeb forgot to commit the color change

28. Post #4548
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,048 Posts
    I don't like the emeralds being a currency. And not just because it's a direct and obvious reference to Legend of Zelda and rupees, but because I want gemstones to do something else than be currency. Anything else, really.

They should have just gone with gold coins... Or silver if they felt the need to make a new ore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #4549
    June 2011
    407 Posts
    Here's the full changelog according to the wiki

Added Ender Chest.
    Added Emerald.
    Added Emerald Ore.
    Added Villager Trading.
    Made Buckets stackable.
    Added snow to Creative Inventory.
    NPC Villages change style according to their biome.
    Stars are more realistic.
    Changed Gravel texture to less noisy one.
    Improved Options menu.
    Added Pyramids.
    Added a second Golden Apple made with Blocks of Gold.
    -After being consumed, the player receives 30 second Regeneration IV, Resistance and Fire Resistance for 5 minutes.
    Added Sandstone Stairs
    Dispensers will eject water and lava source blocks (from buckets)
    Will also take water and lava source blocks if there is an empty bucket inside

Bug Fixes:
    Removed Server Jar dependency in Single Player.
    Notable bugs (Complete bug list):
    Emerald Ore has the wrong texture.
    Loading a world from a previous version corrupts it.
    Generated structures are very buggy.
    New Golden Apple does not appear in the creative mode inventory screen.
    Villager Trading with more than 1 emerald, won't show the item, if you place the emeralds 1 to 1
    When removing the last Ender Chest, no items are ejected, and you must place a new one to retrieve the items. (may not be a bug)
    When a Desert Village spawns stone half slabs spawn on the forge instead of sandstone slabs
    Single player still thinks it requires server/minecraft_server.jar. A blank file with the same name can be used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4550
    January 2010
    5,312 Posts
    I don't like the emeralds being a currency. And not just because it's a direct and obvious reference to Legend of Zelda and rupees, but because I want gemstones to do something else than be currency. Anything else, really.

They should have just gone with gold coins... Or silver if they felt the need to make a new ore.
    Because anything that is remotely similar to any game in the previous 20-30 years is a direct and obvious reference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #4551
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,117 Posts
    this changes everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

32. Post #4552
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,048 Posts
    Because anything that is remotely similar to any game in the previous 20-30 years is a direct and obvious reference.
    Glad you understood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #4553
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,726 Posts
    this changes everything
    Yeah, think about it. Have the standard 2x2 infinite water pool behind a wall, with a dispenser facing the water. Whenever you need buckets filled, just plop them into the dispenser, and they'll all (I'm assuming) slowly fill up as the infinite water keeps coming back.

Hooray!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #4554

July 2010
    2,063 Posts
    Here's the full changelog according to the wiki
    Added Ender Chest.
    Added Emerald.
    Added Emerald Ore.
    Added Villager Trading.
    Made Buckets stackable.
    Added snow to Creative Inventory.
    NPC Villages change style according to their biome.
    Stars are more realistic.
    Changed Gravel texture to less noisy one.
    Improved Options menu.
    Added Pyramids.
    Added a second Golden Apple made with Blocks of Gold.
    -After being consumed, the player receives 30 second Regeneration IV, Resistance and Fire Resistance for 5 minutes.
    Added Sandstone Stairs

Bug Fixes:
    Removed Server Jar dependency in Single Player.
    Notable bugs (Complete bug list):
    Emerald Ore has the wrong texture.
    Loading a world from a previous version corrupts it.
    Generated structures are very buggy.
    New Golden Apple does not appear in the creative mode inventory screen.
    Villager Trading with more than 1 emerald, won't show the item, if you place the emeralds 1 to 1
    When removing the last Ender Chest, no items are ejected, and you must place a new one to retrieve the items. (may not be a bug)
    When a Desert Village spawns stone half slabs spawn on the forge instead of sandstone slabs
    Single player still thinks it requires server/minecraft_server.jar. A blank file with the same name can be used.
    This is the sort of changelog i'm looking for in a minecraft update. Good to see jeb/the team have finally got their shit together. I remember when we waited weeks/months for 1.7 (i think it was 1.7) and all that was in it was pistons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

35. Post #4555
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rip $5
    December 2009
    5,742 Posts
    Do every player have their own ender chest space or is it shared on multiplayer servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #4556
    June 2008
    1,524 Posts
    Ender Chest contents is global.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #4557
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    Yeah, think about it. Have the standard 2x2 infinite water pool behind a wall, with a dispenser facing the water. Whenever you need buckets filled, just plop them into the dispenser, and they'll all (I'm assuming) slowly fill up as the infinite water keeps coming back.

Hooray!
    It only said eject, not actually take in water, so I don't think that would work at all.

EDIT- Wow, I can't believe I actually missed that bit below, Sorry guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #4558
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,594 Posts
    I've never downloaded snapshots(which I just figured out is possibe. Up until now I thought they were just sneak peaks at things to come). When could I expect these snapshots to be in the game? I know they haven't (Jeb, Notch) given an estimated date, but could anyone throw a guess out?

39. Post #4559
    June 2008
    1,524 Posts
    It only said eject, not actually take in water, so I don't think that would work at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #4560
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rip $5
    December 2009
    5,742 Posts

Hooray!
    It doesn't work, the dispenser will fill some buckets and then empty them before all of them are full.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)