1. Post #3961

June 2008
    132 Posts
    What bukkit mods is everyone using for survival games servers? I'm not sure what to get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #3962
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts

What I think my wolves feel when I die on hardcore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 28Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3963
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,440 Posts
    Man the 150+ hunger games servers are awesome, though some people getting full iron within 10 minutes and murdering everyone is kinda sad. That, and trying to get food.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #3964
    June 2011
    916 Posts
    What bukkit mods is everyone using for survival games servers? I'm not sure what to get.
    I actually don't use any plugins/mods for it. I just make the players get into the pods and release them whenever the round starts. Once a round ends, I stop the server, delete the current map, grab the original and pop it back in. I do have a fuckton of plugins for moderating purposes though. Can't trust the people from MCForums.

Edited:

Actually, I just found this one I might start using.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/simplehungergames/

Edited:

Holy fuck it's way better than the shit I have to do to start a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3965
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

I'm using the Technic Pack. This tree spawned next to my cave base. It makes Blaze sounds when hostile (it only becomes hostile when you punch it, and closes its eyes again if you go away).

It appears to drop fruit-based Silverfish, which drop "Grub Husks" which have yellow names. The Husks appear to be edible, and appear to apply Regeneration and Resistance when eaten, as well as restoring stamina/hunger or whatever.

Why are you using such an old version of Technic?
    Eldritch Trees don't exist in Thaumcraft 2,which is in the current Technic(and has been for quite a while,you've got a very outdated version).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events

6. Post #3966
    June 2011
    916 Posts
    I wanna test this plugin out, so I'm hosting Survival Games again. Just 2 rounds max.

survival-games.no-ip.org

7. Post #3967
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,309 Posts
    Made a barn with 4 stalls for cows, sheep, pigs, and mooshrooms. May have went a bit overboard and ended up making it more like a cathedral
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #3968
    September 2011
    5,386 Posts
    You know what the most underrated tool in this game is? The fishing rod. On my last pork chop, I can get quick food while resting up in a village. Got a whole bunch of cows and need to pick out a pig from the group? A fishing rod can yank 'im out. Triple damage to the rod, but double to hook land?

Remember when finding naturally pink sheep was a big deal? This one brought back the nostalgia.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #3969
    October 2010
    2,575 Posts

I don't know why it's not lighted, but change the lighting so the pickaxe is more visible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #3970
    moo
    November 2006
    4,833 Posts

The lighting is really funky. The way everything casts a shadow makes it look like the fire on the torch isn't producing any light.

Other than that nicely done!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #3971
    April 2010
    149 Posts

"Don't worry Seymour, I'll be back from the mine soon!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #3972
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,071 Posts
    I've been playing Tekkit ALOT, it's awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #3973
    September 2011
    5,386 Posts
    1.7.3 maps make good non-survival/combat maps. Anyone down for a Mafia-style game?

14. Post #3974
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,257 Posts
    Eldritch Trees don't exist in Thaumcraft 2,which is in the current Technic(and has been for quite a while,you've got a very outdated version).
    That's what version comes with the technic pack launcher, I have the same trees in my game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #3975
    March 2011
    2,259 Posts
    Survival has gotten kind of boring for me, so i figured I'd spice it up by doing a Tree Spirit world
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...e-tree-spirit/

16. Post #3976
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    I don't know really why the shadows went that way. I tried to put a normal light and they still did that, seems like the models are bugged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

17. Post #3977
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    Survival has gotten kind of boring for me, so i figured I'd spice it up by doing a Tree Spirit world
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...e-tree-spirit/
    I love doing those. Especially with the Huge Trees are Huge mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #3978
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,309 Posts
    Working on a Nuclear Power plant on a Tekkit server. Designed the reactor to sit suspended in the middle of a hole under a massive cooling tower structure. Just started on the framework for the actual inner reactor chambers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16 (list)

19. Post #3979
    A reactor room only needs 10x10x10 or so, but that looks really cool. It's extremely massive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

20. Post #3980
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,252 Posts
    Working on a Nuclear Power plant on a Tekkit server. Designed the reactor to sit suspended in the middle of a hole under a massive cooling tower structure. Just started on the framework for the actual inner reactor chambers.
    Out of interest, are you planning on active or passive cooling?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #3981
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,309 Posts
    Out of interest, are you planning on active or passive cooling?
    Passive. It's a somewhat safe setup, using only 10 uranium cells, and it has a handy shutdown switch for emergencies/maintenance. In case of emergencies, the inner chamber is 3 walls thick and the middle chamber is another wall thick, all of reinforced stone. So any possible meltdowns would be pretty much nullified. Also the outer chamber (the inside of the cooling tower structure and the water act as additional buffers and separators to keep things safe from a nuclear blast.

Together the inner and middle chambers measure 21x21 in width, which fit comfortably inside the outer chamber suspended above water. I also plan to pipe around some biomass fuel in pipes because its a green liquid, to give the illusion of 'nuclear waste'.

22. Post #3982
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,386 Posts
    A reactor room only needs 10x10x10 or so, but that looks really cool. It's extremely massive.
    Because he's going to go efficient after already making a huge reactor watercooler made out of reinforced stone that isn't at all necessary.
    (By the way, whats the server? I've been looking for a good cheat tekkit server.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

23. Post #3983
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,309 Posts
    Inner and middle reactor chambers completed! The middle chamber contains 30 MFSU's for a total of 300 million EU's of storage. Power is then transferred out of the middle chamber to the outer chambers and beyond by piping it across the support beams that hold up the central chambers. Also installed are some waterproofed pipes for piping of water and nuclear waste to/from the reactor core. (Note: the nuclear waste is just biomass, but it's green and liquid so its just for show) Next I'll work on the power plant's office building and underground areas that lead to the actual reactor chambers.

To answer the question above, the server I play on is private between friends at this time, sorry :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

24. Post #3984
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,285 Posts

Development build is broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #3985
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

Development build is broken.
    Choose manual build,use the second newest one

Problem solved forever(except for the funky mob texture thing,just install another Optifine version over the modpack.jar)

Edited:

That's what version comes with the technic pack launcher, I have the same trees in my game.
    Don't use the recommended build,use version 7.0.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Arab Emirates Show Events

26. Post #3986
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,285 Posts
    Choose manual build,use the second newest one

Problem solved forever(except for the funky mob texture thing,just install another Optifine version over the modpack.jar)

Edited:

Don't use the recommended build,use version 7.0.0
    Won't updating it break my save, though? Because of Thaumcraft?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #3987
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    "Hmm, I guess I'll install somnia so my crops will grow faster."

fuck me, a creeper got me while I was asleep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

28. Post #3988
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    The most recent snapshot doesn't let me play Singleplayer now :I

When generating a world it just says "Connection refused: Connect", I would assume this is the new feature they hope to implement where it allows you to drop friends into your singleplayer world. Obviously not working for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #3989
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    The server single player idea was fucking horrible. What was Jeb thinking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 19Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #3990
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,508 Posts
    It's the same system every single one of Quake's descendents uses, among myriad other games. The snapshot is it in it's embryonic form.
    It's ridiculous to develop 2 versions of the game simultaneously, and thus far has led to SMP being basically neglected. 1 game, 1 set of bugs to fix.

Edited:

It also means that the job of modders is made much easier; only need to code a mod once, and makes it easier for servers to track which mods are active and disable those which affect server functions can eb disabled(client/server relationship; anything that's rendering or telling the server what buttons the player is using falls under client; actual entity positions, interactions and world fall under server; to give a very brief description)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #3991
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Having single player be a local server saves a whole lot of work in developing and is a logical step for minecraft to go in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3992
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Having single player be a local server saves a whole lot of work in developing and is a logical step for minecraft to go in.
    What work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

33. Post #3993
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    It's a fucking good idea, actually. It's just currently rather poorly implemented but given it's literally the first rendition of it, that's to be expected.

Does anyone know how hardcore in multiplayer works?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #3994
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,599 Posts
    No, no, no, man, you're thinking all wrong. This is a good thing.

They have no choice but to fix SMP now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #3995
    October 2008
    1,447 Posts
    What work?
    Well making two versions of the same game and two versions of each mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #3996
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    Still have to make rendering stuff and stuff like that for the Client part...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #3997
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Obviously, but right now the server part in single player is different from the server part in multi player, which is what they're working on changing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3998
    August 2009
    9,664 Posts

"Don't worry Seymour, I'll be back from the mine soon!"
    This is the problem with Futurama. Its a comedy yet it so damn sad in some episodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #3999
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    So I just got minecraft and mods I installed for myself (smart movement mod for example) seem to work on other people servers, which do not have it installed

Is modding seriously that glitchy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4000
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I'm interested in joining an SMP server. I don't really mind how big it is as long as it has decent connection and good frequenters. I'd also like to have someone of which I can join with so I don't have to start from scratch.