1. Post #3361
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,357 Posts
    This weeks snapshot

And because the changelog is this (as requested by dinnerbone), i think they're testing out the modding api.

Here’s the development snapshot of week 15, 2012! @dinnerbone requested to keep the changelog secret, so blame him for this:

Censored
    Censored
    Censored
    Some improvements
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #3362
    trippin' balls
    July 2005
    1,082 Posts
    Nobody said anything on the previous page, so I feel the need to ask again:

Are there any active servers out there similar to the old Nationcraft server hezzy had going?

Also, does BANNED_USER still have his server running?

If anyone could help me out with these questions, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3363
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,934 Posts
    I have no incentive to play. I want to play, but my singleplayer world sucks because I can't get to the Nether (it just places me in a near endless ocean of Netherrack) and I can't find any decent servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3364
    October 2009
    7,357 Posts
    This weeks snapshot

And because the changelog is this (as requested by dinnerbone), i think they're testing out the modding api.
    Dispensers now put carts on tracks and boats in water!!! Brilliant job Bukkit Mojang team!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 27Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #3365
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    Just when I thought, since I was frequently finding my own torches after exploring a tunnel, that I was near the end of exploring this cavern system; I come across a mineshaft :/
    It's doing my bloody head in; there really needs to be a 3d underground map device of some kind.

Edited:

MCMap isn't much help in this regard, but it gives a somewhat decent idea of how much of the system i've explored:
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/output191.png

Edited:

Gotten filthy rich with resources, but I start to get bored of exploring when I cannot find the end to a cavern system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #3366
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Dispensers now put carts on tracks and boats in water!!! Brilliant job Bukkit Mojang team
    Wait, so dispensers can shoot carts/boats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3367
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    Wait, so dispensers can shoot carts/boats?
    No, they spawn little gremlins who mine to bedrock, build a lavish city which is then invaded by dwarves. They go to war for millenia in a pocket dimension even more compressed than the Nether. After their peoples are shattered, their civilizations in ruins, they agree on a truce. Those gremlins or dwarves that are convicted of war crimes are sent to dispensers as slaves, forever throwing out required items. So you see, it is not the dispenser that shoots carts or boats, it's the war criminals interred within.

Edited:

why love no love me? :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree x 13Informative x 6Winner x 2Funny x 2Dumb x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #3368
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,934 Posts
    Oh.

Edited:

Good thing you corrected me, boy did I have it wrong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3369
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    Oh.

Edited:

Good thing you corrected me, boy did I have it wrong
    it's a common mistake, don't worry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #3370
    I have no incentive to play. I want to play, but my singleplayer world sucks because I can't get to the Nether (it just places me in a near endless ocean of Netherrack) and I can't find any decent servers.
    Check out my server, profans humble abode in games in progress if you're interested in a normal building server which is legit, non pvp and has adequate griefing protection.

http://fellowsgame.net/overview/#/-5920/64/2176/-9/0/0

A lot of people seem to miss the games in progress section COMPLETELY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

11. Post #3371
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,753 Posts
    Indev floating island generator.

Up to 5 layers of floating islands.

From this mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...human-updated/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 11Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #3372
    So I'm trying to play on 2b2t and after about one minute minecraft freezes to a halt and it starts taking up more and more memory until I close it (It gets to about a gig)
    This has happened on my XP machine, on my XP machine with a fresh install of minecraft, and on my 8 machine with a fresh install of Java and Minecraft. All on minimal settings, no mods.
    Any ideas on what it is or what I should do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events

13. Post #3373
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    Gotten so deep in the tunnels underneath my farm I had to build a stairway from the bottom to the surface. Bloody annoying exploring them. Might be easier if I started blocking off completely explored branches.
    So I'm trying to play on 2b2t and after about one minute minecraft freezes to a halt and it starts taking up more and more memory until I close it (It gets to about a gig)
    This has happened on my XP machine, on my XP machine with a fresh install of minecraft, and on my 8 machine with a fresh install of Java and Minecraft. All on minimal settings, no mods.
    I was about to say it might be draw distance since far freezes me like that as well, but since you mentioned minimal settings i've no idea.
    All I can suggest is a clean install of Java, literally unable to think of anything else.

Slightly related, it's rather depressing for me to note how Minecraft's performance has gotten worse and worse and worse for me over the versions. There was once a time where, with Optifine, I could run it at Double Far draw distance smoothly. Now it shits itself, gobbles up memory and freezes :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

14. Post #3374
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,439 Posts
    Use Optifine, it might help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3375
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    I'm getting a bit jumpy right now- I've been making a 10 wide, 4 high mining tunnel at bedrock level.

Normally it wouldn't bother me if not for the 'void fog'- it enables creepers to sneak up sometimes and I only manage to turn round when they're almost upon me. The tunnel is lit despite the gloom.

I cannot help but admire the psychological potential for horror that Minecraft can inspire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

16. Post #3376
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    It's really quite impressive how a very simple addition like void fog can create such a powerful horror element.
    I would like it if they added more ambient sounds. We've got dark space sounds, they should expand it to cover everything: rustling of leaves and grass, birds chirping, wind (gentle breezes in low grassland areas, howling chilling wind in tundre etc), dripping of water in caves etc etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3377
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,292 Posts
    I got a void fog remover just because me and my friend were building loads of stuff underground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #3378
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,985 Posts
    Nobody said anything on the previous page, so I feel the need to ask again:

Are there any active servers out there similar to the old Nationcraft server hezzy had going?

Also, does BANNED_USER still have his server running?

If anyone could help me out with these questions, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    not really no
    and
    no

Edited:

It's really quite impressive how a very simple addition like void fog can create such a powerful horror element.
    I would like it if they added more ambient sounds. We've got dark space sounds, they should expand it to cover everything: rustling of leaves and grass, birds chirping, wind (gentle breezes in low grassland areas, howling chilling wind in tundre etc), dripping of water in caves etc etc.
    void fog would be lot better if it was more uneven, not just a perfect circle around you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3379
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,564 Posts
    I found this on my Google+ log, since it's based on Minecraft I thought it'd fit in here.
    http://craftstud.io/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #3380
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,721 Posts
    I didn't know you can kill Endermans.. Do they drop anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb x 8Funny x 1Friendly x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #3381
    October 2009
    7,357 Posts
    I didn't know you can kill Endermans.. Do they drop anything?
    Enderpearls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #3382
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,046 Posts
    humm, last time i looked at minecraft was around when the endermen where a rumour

i'm guessing i've missed a few tiny TINY, updates?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3383
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,200 Posts
    I found this on my Google+ log, since it's based on Minecraft I thought it'd fit in here.
    http://craftstud.io/
    That's a really nice concept, but I bet it'll end up being really limited.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #3384
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,751 Posts
    humm, last time i looked at minecraft was around when the endermen where a rumour

Tiny? Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #3385
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,046 Posts
    Tiny? Nope.
    i was joking, reading through the whole front page and there is NPC's and endbosses? and an enddragon
    i missed this game i should really get back into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

26. Post #3386
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,934 Posts
    So upset.
    So upset.
    Just fell into lava with 3 stacks of iron, a stack of gold, a shitload of string (there's no sheep anywhere near my house and I need a bed badly) from a mineshaft and a LOT of coal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #3387
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    I usually put down a chest every so often when mining so I dont lose everything if I die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3388
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,934 Posts
    I usually put down a chest every so often when mining so I dont lose everything if I die.
    I've never thought of that. Dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #3389
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,882 Posts
    I try and dissuade my friends from doing that, every single time they try it they lose the chest and we spend the next hour or two finding it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

30. Post #3390
    May 2011
    1,007 Posts
    I try and dissuade my friends from doing that, every single time they try it they lose the chest and we spend the next hour or two finding it again
    What i do instead is make a Hub at a intersection of caves, or like when one passage leads to 4 other ones. I have furnaces, a workbench, and chests to store stuff and smelt ores. it works pretty well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #3391
    September 2011
    5,308 Posts
    I don't even go to caves most of the time anymore. I just dig myself a shaft down, planning for a boat course in and out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3392
    May 2010
    3,926 Posts
    When you do make the chest, press f3 and then press f2, so you know where it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #3393
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

That's right,nothing too major,just a potion brewing system,underground strongholds with portals to the End,home of Endermen,where you have a boss battle with an Enderdragon and then see a retarded cutscene that's supposed to be philosophical but fails,villages with villagers that are just perfect in every way,zombies being able to break down doors on Hard difficulty,zombies trying to kill villagers,iron golems to protect the villagers,nether strongholds that have elemental flying fire monster thingies in them,lava slime monsters in the Nether and a few more things,nothing so big

Edited:

also doubled world height

Edited:

and weekly snapshot releases that are like little testing versions for new features

Edited:

nope,you didn't really miss much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3394
    September 2011
    5,308 Posts
    So if iron golems spawn naturally, does it have to be on hard difficulty to get them to spawn?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

35. Post #3395
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    So if iron golems spawn naturally, does it have to be on hard difficulty to get them to spawn?
    They spawn on all difficulties except Peaceful, around large villages to protect them from hostile mobs. They don't attack the player unless attacked first, and the player can create their own as well.

36. Post #3396
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,843 Posts
    I've had them spawn on peaceful before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Nintendo Wii United States Show Events

37. Post #3397
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    I've had them spawn on peaceful before.
    Ah, my bad.

38. Post #3398
    September 2011
    5,308 Posts
    They spawn on all difficulties except Peaceful, around large villages to protect them from hostile mobs. They don't attack the player unless attacked first, and the player can create their own as well.
    Out of nearly a hundred villages visited, not a single one was sighted.

And on my way to the next one, a spider was just sitting there.

Ummm...hello?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #3399
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,193 Posts
    Out of nearly a hundred villages visited, not a single one was sighted.

And on my way to the next one, a spider was just sitting there.

Ummm...hello?
    The village has to be pretty large, necessitating either waiting in the area for a long long time, or extending the village yourself.
    None of them spawn at the needed size at the start. There's a tutorial on the minecraft wiki as to how to go about breeding villagers iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #3400
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,619 Posts
    The village has to be pretty large, necessitating either waiting in the area for a long long time, or extending the village yourself.
    None of them spawn at the needed size at the start. There's a tutorial on the minecraft wiki as to how to go about breeding villagers iirc.
    But why would I go breeding villagers in the first place? To keep them as pets?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)