1. Post #2401
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,711 Posts
    Because it sounds very similar to slime, when you haven't seen slime in a few months, due to only now getting back into Minecraft to the point you find them?
    I guess you could mistake them if you have not heard slimes in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2402
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    So I'm sure this is old news and I'll be stormed with clocks, but this is something we've basically confirmed.

For the past few days, my friend and I have been trying to find slimes - we'd be exploring caves, and we'd hear slime. We'd spend maybe an hour looking every possible direction, but never find them. We eventually just started to ignore the sounds of slime and the lies of their promise.

However, today my friend and I confirmed this: it appears that whenever you approach (in a server, anyways) a pool of lava, the slime sounds start. This is regardless of depth, as the following screenshots reveal. The screenshots without any lava on-screen are where we heard slime sounds. The following screenshot, then, is the same area, but with the lava discovered.

Can anyone else verify this bug, or is it only for our world? The only mods we have are the Rope mod, Telescope mod, Vertical Redstone mod, Baitbox mod, and Backpacks mod.

This is both a useful bug, and an annoying one.

It's useful because whenever we're walking along, if we hear slime, then we know there's a pool of lava in the immediate vicinity.

It's annoying because it makes finding slime very hard now, because it's hard to differentiate between the lava-proximity slime and actual slime.
    Those aren't slime sounds. Those are lava *bloop*'s. Different sound entirely. Official feature, by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2403
    I have a 1 inch cock erect but girls cum all over me
    April 2009
    725 Posts
    assassin_Raptor and MeltingData, your avatars are cute!

Just had to let that out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Korea, Republic of Show Events Dumb x 15Friendly x 5Informative x 2Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Zing x 1Late x 1Funny x 1Useful x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #2404
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,726 Posts
    So, now that my question has been missed twice, and the thread has slowed down, I'll ask again:

Does anyone know if there's a mod or something that makes worlds generate taller, what with the increased map height and everything. I like to build Dwarf Fortresses, and don't really like to build up, so I keep looking for some amazing "taller than the clouds" mountains, but Minecraft doesn't generate them, even though it supports that.

So yeah. If it exists, could someone post it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2405
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    The extrabiomes mod does it to an extent (If you're looking for 'dwarf fortresses').
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #2406
    October 2010
    11,570 Posts
    There are 2 things I didn't even realize while using Better Enchanting mod.

1. You can repair items without losing all the enchantments, but the item must be enchanted and damaged before you can repair it.

2. You can disenchant unneeded items for extra points. The amount of points you received will be less than the amount required for enchanting it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #2407
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    There are 2 things I didn't even realize while using Better Enchanting mod.

1. You can repair items without losing all the enchantments, but the item must be enchanted and damaged before you can repair it.

2. You can disenchant unneeded items for extra points. The amount of points you received will be less than the amount required for enchanting it.
    Those are pretty cool, but completely removing the randomness is what I don't like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2408
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,687 Posts
    OH SNAP! You assembled one? What happens? Break one, and it explodes into an inferno more powerful than a creeper's on hard difficulty. From full diamond armor and full health, the explosion reduced me to half a heart.
    Actually it spawned that way.
    I was walking through the desert and I stumbled across it.
    I broke the middle bit to see what it was, I deemed it useless, then I put it back.
    So what can I do with this thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

9. Post #2409
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I don't like it because when I was using it I couldn't get fortune III. Fuck that shit.

10. Post #2410
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    Anyone else think it's stupid that you only get XP for killing mobs? Minecraft is much more than that and you should be rewarded no matter what way you choose to play imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #2411
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    I think the reason for it is because of mob traps. Obviously you can work your way around it but it's a lot more difficult then you'd think.

12. Post #2412
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,835 Posts
    I think the reason for it is because of mob traps. Obviously you can work your way around it but it's a lot more difficult then you'd think.
    It takes a lot of work to get a mobtrap going efficiently. It's not the kind of thing you can do without already having diamond tools and shit anyway so you are normally at the stage where you need enchantment as the next step.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #2413
    October 2010
    2,575 Posts
    It would be cool if you got some XP for mining ores, the more rare the more XP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2414
    September 2011
    5,386 Posts
    Not to mention the AI revamp recently added. Creepers can take the least damaging path. No use trying to fool them. Same with animals by wheat.

15. Post #2415
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,310 Posts
    Because it sounds very similar to slime, when you haven't seen slime in a few months, due to only now getting back into Minecraft to the point you find them?
    Also, slimes are only under 16 block afaik.

Well, low, not at 64 blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

16. Post #2416
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    It takes a lot of work to get a mobtrap going efficiently. It's not the kind of thing you can do without already having diamond tools and shit anyway so you are normally at the stage where you need enchantment as the next step.
    Well, it depends on what design you're using. There are some rough designs that only take a few hours with stone tools, however they are very crude and despite how big they can be will provide very little. Good designs take a lot of planning, and a lot of building/destroying to get right. Not to mention pistons and such that can be used to make some of them.

Also, does anyone think a facepunch RFW/Pit Frenzy match would be really awesome?

17. Post #2417
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,835 Posts
    Well, it depends on what design you're using. There are some rough designs that only take a few hours with stone tools, however they are very crude and despite how big they can be will provide very little. Good designs take a lot of planning, and a lot of building/destroying to get right. Not to mention pistons and such that can be used to make some of them.
    That's what I mean, to make it worth it you need to put in a lot of effort. I don't see why you shouldn't be rewarded for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #2418
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    You have to alter it to make it exp-grinding compatable. And honestly the drops are a pretty good reward on their own.

19. Post #2419
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #2420
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,310 Posts
    well, fuck.

I found a nice smp server and told my friend. We played in it yesterday and today.
    Another friend asked the IP and we gave him it. Told the admin to give him access to our plot and stuff. He played fine, got a hacked client and found some diamonds for us using X-ray. We also had that client,but didn't overuse the powers of it.

He did. We had a nice house. Outside of it we sometimes PVPd. He decided to kill us INSIDE our building. As we gave him access to our chests, he was able to get new weapons and stuff all the time. He used frrecam to kill us from a distance. We luckily had bows and diamond armour. He didnt succeed in his mission and got banned. Next time, I know to not let him to our buildings again. He can't build and becomes a dick after a while.

Stole our shit, griefed our house and got banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

21. Post #2421
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,456 Posts
    That's why I popped up in the ticker...

Wow, I'm surprised that hasn't happened more often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2422
    July 2011
    2,355 Posts
    well, fuck.

I found a nice smp server and told my friend. We played in it yesterday and today.
    Another friend asked the IP and we gave him it. Told the admin to give him access to our plot and stuff. He played fine, got a hacked client and found some diamonds for us using X-ray. We also had that client,but didn't overuse the powers of it.

He did. We had a nice house. Outside of it we sometimes PVPd. He decided to kill us INSIDE our building. As we gave him access to our chests, he was able to get new weapons and stuff all the time. He used frrecam to kill us from a distance. We luckily had bows and diamond armour. He didnt succeed in his mission and got banned. Next time, I know to not let him to our buildings again. He can't build and becomes a dick after a while.

I wouldn't deal with him at all after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #2423
    Dennab
    February 2012
    1,191 Posts
    Can anyone suggest me a texture pack?
    SummerFields is really nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2424
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,873 Posts
    well, fuck.

What a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2425
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    SummerFields is really nice.
    In my opinion, summerfields lost much of it's appeal to me once they overhauled the original textures, though the fact that the customizer allows you to restore some of the original textures that it had is great.

Edited:

But when using it, I keep getting this small semi-transperent blackbox on the top left of my game

And disappears when pressing F1

so I assume it is some sort of GUI issue with the texture pack, no clue how to fix it though.

Edited:

Managed to fix it by changing vignette and other misc folder stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

26. Post #2426
    October 2010
    11,570 Posts
    Jeb posted:
    Decided to redo the "heiroglyph" sandstone blocks and enable them in the game. Will be in 1.2.4, both creative and survival
    https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/181993436365336576

Edited:

He also mentioned that the update will arrive by Thursday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #2427
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,310 Posts
    I wouldn't deal with him at all after that.
    He is an old good friend of mine. Didn't know that he can go from Let's Play! to Hey fuck off! in a few hours.

He was pretty good in our private SMP server, but when he found out what he can do in freecam mode, he started killing us. It makes him invisible and his "model charater" does not take damage. Or does until he is dead, then it stays alive and the ghost can still do its shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

28. Post #2428
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,759 Posts
    We need more players on Dynamiccraft!

http://facepunch.com/threads/1164170
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

29. Post #2429
    October 2008
    1,447 Posts
    https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/181993436365336576

Edited:

He also mentioned that the update will arrive by Thursday.
    That's awesome. Adding a new variation of block that is not really usable but for aesthetics is nice.
    I wish they would add some more ores. Even something like lapis that would be just for aesthetics, but would make the underground a far more interesting place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #2430
    October 2010
    534 Posts
    Managed to fix it by changing vignette and other misc folder stuff.
    It was the vignette file. It's a bug when you use the customizer. Don't know why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

31. Post #2431
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,816 Posts
    Is there any fix for deserts next to snow biomes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2432
    August 2009
    9,664 Posts
    Is it okay to pirate PE on my droid? I already payed for the game and everyone who payed for the original game should be entitled to the PE and shouldn't have to pay another 6 bucks just to get a super dumbed down version of minecraft,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

33. Post #2433
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Is it okay to pirate PE on my droid? I already payed for the game and everyone who payed for the original game should be entitled to the PE and shouldn't have to pay another 6 bucks just to get a super dumbed down version of minecraft,
    You are not entitled to anything. Pocket Edition is completely different from the PC version. Therefore, you do not get it free. This is warez/piracy. So no, it's not okay. Notch doesn't care if people pirate his titles, but that doesn't make it right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #2434
    August 2009
    9,664 Posts
    You are not entitled to anything. Pocket Edition is completely different from the PC version. Therefore, you do not get it free. This is warez/piracy. So no, it's not okay. Notch doesn't care if people pirate his titles, but that doesn't make it right.
    Okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

35. Post #2435
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,423 Posts
    i think i've found the worst texture pack of all time

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ore-wackiness/

why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #2436
    May 2010
    3,939 Posts
    Jesus christ don't dispute over what you are 'Okay to pirate'. If you don't want to pirate it because you have a thing against piracy don't pirate it. If you want to get it for free fucking pirate it, you don't need to play the game of "Am I morally right for pirating this"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2437
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts

why
    I think the only thing about that texture pack is the candy fortress, but it looks shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #2438
    November 2009
    9,494 Posts
    I just wish they'd release a Kindle Fire version already...

39. Post #2439
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    December 2009
    5,750 Posts

why
    Why did they add a Mister Royzo skin for the skeletons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #2440
    July 2009
    5,440 Posts
    Why did they add a Mister Royzo skin for the skeletons?
    Why wouldn't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)