1. Post #1161
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,789 Posts
    http://twitter.com/#!/jonkagstrom/st...594816/photo/1

Dear god is that some kind of robot or somthing?
    I believe that's a golem. Which I guess carries some unfortunate implications with the shape of the noses of the villagers.

But that is a silly train of thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,532 Posts
    so Jeb tweeted this

I wonder if they'll get the collision right for stair coridoors, like -

Because this is the first time we will have had a half block above us (because up until now, a half block always occupied the bottom space of a block or the bottom and the top)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

3. Post #1163
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,117 Posts
    Whats the most effective method for mining? In this case i'm looking for lapus, but I've always been curious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1164
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,271 Posts
    Go through caves on really low levels.

Or just go to ~14 and mine straight from there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

5. Post #1165
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Does anyone know a city map that does not have any buildings made out of wool?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

6. Post #1166
    June 2010
    2,714 Posts
    Does anyone know a city map that does not have any buildings made out of wool?
    You could use one of those block replacement plugins if you're into that sort of thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1167
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,193 Posts
    so Jeb tweeted this

Game Dev of the year, All Years. That is honestly the one thing that I've wanted in minecraft since forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

8. Post #1168
    October 2008
    1,440 Posts
    New snapshot is out!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

9. Post #1169
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts

Snapshot: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w08a/minecraft.jar

* Added a defense mob to villages
    * Added up-side-down stairs
    * Many changes to the world and lighting system

Also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

10. Post #1170
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,637 Posts
    They take 15 hits to kill with a diamond sword and drop iron ingots and roses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #1171
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #1172
    May 2011
    1,572 Posts
    Dunno about you people but that robot looks terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    June 2010
    914 Posts
    Wait how does the upside-down stairs work?
    Is it a new block, or are you just able to place stairs upside down?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #1174
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Wait how does the upside-down stairs work?
    Is it a new block, or are you just able to place stairs upside down?
    It's not a new block. Just place stairs above you, and it will turn upside down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #1175
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,871 Posts
    Now I just hope they do the same thing with slabs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1176
    July 2011
    59 Posts
    Has anyone noticed what happens when you press F9 (in creative) in-game yet? Didn't notice that before...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #1177
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts
    Looks like the best lighting glitch ever is back again.

Please dear god no one tell Jeb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1178
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Looks like the best lighting glitch ever is back again.

Please dear god no one tell Jeb.
    I don't have that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #1179
    August 2009
    4,234 Posts
    I don't think it's a robot, it's a golem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts
    I don't have that.
    Are the sides closed off?

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,080 Posts

Except more retarded looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1182
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,142 Posts
    they should add trading to the village, that way we could buy the golems off them
    that'd be sweeeet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #1184
    January 2010
    764 Posts
    they should add trading to the village, that way we could buy the golems off them
    that'd be sweeeet
    You can make golems like snowmen with a T of iron blocks and a pumpkin head.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 25Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #1185
    January 2010
    5,165 Posts

Except more retarded looking.
    That's probably the first thing I thought of, the sentinel robot except with a Testificate nose.
    So is this one another golem? We already have Snow Golems, it would make sense if this one was as well.

26. Post #1186
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,376 Posts
    I say they should just update the crafting table overall to provide more possibilities and otherwise make things easier.

When those arrows are lit up, you can click them to choose a different object that can be crafted from the same recipe that you are currently using. So you could make slopes instead of stairs for example.

I'd say it'd be a great idea.

Also, it'd be something for modders to enjoy as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1187
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,951 Posts
    That could come in handy; you can only draw so much on a 3x3 grid. If we had a 4x4 crafting grid it'd be even cooler, allow for crafting more items together, but having a configuration be used for creating more than one kind of item would be interesting too, even though it'd probably require less code sorcery to expand the crafting grid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1188
    January 2010
    9,575 Posts
    I wonder if they'll get the collision right for stair coridoors, like -

Because this is the first time we will have had a half block above us (because up until now, a half block always occupied the bottom space of a block or the bottom and the top)
    Yup, they are. Tested it for myself and I fit in easely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,758 Posts
    You can make golems like snowmen with a T of iron blocks and a pumpkin head.

Huh, i thought it was a stone golem but if they are made out of iron i guess they really are robots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #1190
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    18,951 Posts
    They added Iron Golems to Minecraft? AWESOME. Even though the Golem costs 36 Iron to make (as wel as the life-bringing Pumpkin), it has some pretty high Health, roundabout 100 (50 Hearts).

Also, apparently they sometimes hold out Roses to Villagers. I dunno what that's all about, maybe it's a symbol of peace to ease the anxieties of certain villagers concerning a massive metal man walking about the village.

Personally, I thought that a Stone Golem would've been a bit more reasonable, since Villagers don't seem to have access to Iron, and Stone's much more common anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #1191
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts

Awwwww.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,758 Posts
    They added Iron Golems to Minecraft? AWESOME. Even though the Golem costs 36 Iron to make (as wel as the life-bringing Pumpkin), it has some pretty high Health, roundabout 100 (50 Hearts).

Also, apparently they sometimes hold out Roses to Villagers. I dunno what that's all about, maybe it's a symbol of peace to ease the anxieties of certain villagers concerning a massive metal man walking about the village.

Personally, I thought that a Stone Golem would've been a bit more reasonable, since Villagers don't seem to have access to Iron, and Stone's much more common anyways.
    Well villagers do have a blacksmiths so they must have acsses to iron.

And they hold out roses, i haven't seem them do that?

Do they do it often?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1193
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,929 Posts
    Obviously, the villagers are named Algernon.

34. Post #1194
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

Aww.
    They hold roses out to villagers sometimes.
    Also,this means that you now have a source of iron in flatworld-survival maps!Not only that,but a boss to fight for it too!
    For those who don't know,it's theoretically possible to survive on a flat world,provided you allow villages to generate.They give wood(non-renewable though),renewable food(wheat farms),water(fountains and wheat farms again),and now we can make iron tools too!(I just remembered you can get iron from blacksmith chests already but this is another source of it so yay
    I really need to try playing Flatcore some day when 1.2 comes.

Edit:I just saw the post a few posts above me SHITTTTTTT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

35. Post #1195
    January 2010
    5,165 Posts
    Anyone else having problems with the newly added features? The iron golems have a blank white texture for me, and I can't find upside-down stairs in Creative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1196
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,758 Posts
    I've seen the iron golem attack spiders and skeletons, but not creepers?

I guess spiders and skeles will try to kill villagers soon too.

37. Post #1197
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,137 Posts
    When was the ability to turn your camera upside down added?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #1198
    June 2011
    1,121 Posts
    One of the pre-releases, I think

39. Post #1199
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,271 Posts
    Anyone else having problems with the newly added features? The iron golems have a blank white texture for me, and I can't find upside-down stairs in Creative.
    Upside down stairs are not a different block.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #1200
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Are you using a texture pack?

To make upside-down stairs, place a regular stair block on the underside of a solid block.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events