1. Post #761
    moo
    November 2006
    4,706 Posts
    How do villagers detect if something is a house? Is it possible to build your own houses to expand the village, and they will eventually populate it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #762
    June 2008
    1,518 Posts
    Any enclosed area with a door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #763
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,166 Posts
    And a light source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #764
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,559 Posts
    "Hey guys whatcha talki- Oh... I'm not looking for trouble I'll just... go.. away.. now..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 34 (list)

5. Post #765
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,240 Posts
    Can't get the damn snapshot, Mojang.com appears to be down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,559 Posts
    Dat mean look
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

7. Post #767
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts

Edited:

How about,in Testifisociety,what we consider normal and not completely what-the-shit is considered strange and shunned?For example,sometimes,rarely,you can see a villager without a big nose and noone stops and talks with him,sometimes looking down at the floor sadly,or having their weapons being live chickens attached to sticks(they would call it a "Backorck-smacka" and you could buy it from them,low damage but high knockback and breaks quickly)only wielded by certain,much bigger-eyed villagers with buckets on their heads as helmets that sometimes attack other villagers and noone even stops to look,and they stare at you contemptuously(see above post hehe)when you hold a sword?

Edit:Jesus I finally realised that he's holding the chicken by the leg holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,676 Posts
    Did they break the lighting?

Caves deep underground are as bright as the surface!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,836 Posts

How about,in Testifisociety,what we consider normal and not completely what-the-shit is considered strange and shunned? For example,sometimes you can see a villager without a big nose and no one stops and talks to,sometimes looking down at the floor sadly
    How about adding just the depressed squidwards?
    words words words and they stare at you contemptuously when you hold a sword?
    Yes, lets make them paranoid too, they have good reason to be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #770
    December 2009
    5,961 Posts
    I haven't been following the development of MC that much but I hope that jeb has some huge plans for mining. He could do so many cool things with it that would be great ingame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,676 Posts
    Lighting only seems to be broken on newly generated worlds.

How strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #772

September 2011
    4,971 Posts
    I haven't been following the development of MC that much but I hope that jeb has some huge plans for mining. He could do so many cool things with it that would be great ingame
    Like silver? There's a mod for it that's fast as gold, but one hundred more uses, and slightly more common than diamonds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,676 Posts
    Ok rain isn't working either, i can see the rain splashes hitting the ground but there are no raindrops coming from the sky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,079 Posts
    Dear god... is Minecraft running a lot faster for anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,153 Posts
    Some nights in villages will be worse than others…
    So what does this mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,641 Posts
    Some nights they will come hump you too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    Step 1. Go inside village house to be safe for the duration of the night
    Step 2. Close the door
    Step 3. Alt+tab to browse the internet, waiting for sunlight
    Step 4. Villager opens the door, gets in, allows a creeper to enter along with him
    Step 5. SSSSSSSS BOOM death
    Step 6. Rage

Lesson learned: the next time I want to spend a night safely in a village house I should remove the door and replace it with blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #778
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Dear god... is Minecraft running a lot faster for anyone else?
    Do you mean the new snapshot or just 1.1 in general? Cause if you mean the snapshot, it might be the new map format.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,615 Posts
    So does this mean I can expand a village? Make more building and get more villagers?

Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    So does this mean I can expand a village? Make more building and get more villagers?

Awesome!
    They recognise enclosed areas with doors as houses but I don't think making a house will magically create new villagers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #781
    moo
    November 2006
    4,706 Posts
    They recognise enclosed areas with doors as houses but I don't think making a house will magically create new villagers
    But they have babies now, don't they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,697 Posts
    But they have babies now, don't they?
    If true, I guess you can expand villages pretty much indefinitely. :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,079 Posts
    Do you mean the new snapshot or just 1.1 in general? Cause if you mean the snapshot, it might be the new map format.
    I'm meaning the snapshot, It's working better than using Optifine for me.

24. Post #784
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Has wolves ever been programmed to attack animals before? I just saw a pack of wild wolves attack a herd of sheep.

Most likely that new wolf ai.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 10Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,559 Posts
    They have always done that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

26. Post #786
    June 2008
    1,518 Posts
    I'm meaning the snapshot, It's working better than using Optifine for me.
    The new map format doesn't load empty blocks into memory, and also has better compression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    They have always done that.
    Ohh okay. Well have this picture of pretty mountains.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,422 Posts
    Right. New snapshot, and so much to check. This gonna be good.

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,706 Posts

They don't care what houses are made of, or what kind of floors they have.

D'awww
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 21Funny Funny x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,422 Posts

D'awww
    Can you check to see if they accept the new redstone lamps as a light source? Preferably, in the same house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,351 Posts
    I don't get the design. How is this any easier then walking into one normally?
    Because the portal isn't going to be next to your main house (unless you actually made your house in the stronghold).
    The point was that you would take a cart ride all the way to the stronghold, then when you get to there, you just hop out of the cart when you start falling, and you will end up in the end.

I thought it was a neat idea, apparently you guys think it's really stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,706 Posts
    Can you check to see if they accept the new redstone lamps as a light source? Preferably, in the same house.
    That light came from a redstone lamp.

But I might have accidentally blew up the house.

The houses don't require light as they do go into generated houses without any torches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

33. Post #793
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Do villagers mate with each other when not in a generated village? I am trying to make my own with some houses, but they are not getting the love on.

There are only three citizens, and four houses. So housing is not a problem right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,706 Posts
    I think they only make babies at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    I think they only make babies at night.
    It's been night three times now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,895 Posts
    maybe you need to use some bonemeal to encourage them a bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,676 Posts

D'awww
    Man the kids should have a new model, or at the very least a new texture.

They just look weird right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    I GOT A TITLE TOO!!!
    July 2010
    2,742 Posts
    Jesus christ, i made a new creative map to experiment on the new behaviours of villagers and was lucky to spawn inside one. After doing some testing, night eventually arrived and all the villagers went into their houses.
    What followed was like from a zombie movie.

Zombies was flocking outside peoples doors, banging on them.
    Inside the people and children were waiting for their doom.
    And when the doors went down, all hell broke lose.

The villagers ran straight trough the hordes of zombies trying to escape, leaving their children
    to be eaten by the zombies that didnt went after them and continued into the buildings.

It was like a zombie apocalypse. I just stood there going D:

EDIT:

When the night was over, i started looking for survivors.
    It was a complete ghost-town. The were doors scattered across the street, telling tales of the recent battle that had taken place.
    Curled up in the dark corners of the houses the zombies waited patiently for the next night.

When all hope seemed lost, i found one last villager, roaming the outskirts of the town looking confused and disoriented.
    I led him back home, and made him a house.

He was the last person left of an entire city.

Hes name,

was Ted.

Edit:
    I should write a book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny x 24Winner x 5Artistic x 2Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Jesus christ, i made a new creative map to experiment on the new behaviours of villagers and was lucky to spawn inside one. After doing some testing, night eventually arrived and all the villagers went into their houses.
    What followed was like from a zombie movie.

It was like a zombie apocalypse. I just stood there going D:
    I need a village too. Can you give me the seed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    February 2009
    1,693 Posts
    I need a village too. Can you give me the seed?
    Just generate a superflat map and look around near where you start at. Villages are really common on superflat maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)