1. Post #30841
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,666 Posts
    I remember the mods back in 07 - bans happening everywhere.
    Back in my day (05-06), you could be banned for complaining about the moderation, forum, or another community that has ties to this forum.

People have been banned from a day to forever. Luckily Garry's birthday marked good news for most users, as all banned users are unbanned. On the downside, some bad users (like a guy who stalks Garry) are unbanned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #30842
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Luckily Garry's birthday marked good news for most users, as all banned users are unbanned. On the downside, some bad users (like a guy who stalks Garry) are unbanned.
    Yeah, but it was nice to see the Tittyking stalking the boards for a few hours before his inevitable reban.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #30843
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,666 Posts
    He was the best moderator and user ever. No one can ever top him. No one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #30844
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,128 Posts
    Ah the thrills previewing a ban word.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #30845
    September 2010
    4,172 Posts
    Whoa dude, you are way to hardcore for this forum.
    Why aren't you outside, punching bears?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #30846
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,940 Posts
    :byewhore:

fitting banword
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #30847
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,330 Posts
    I miss the idiot culls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #30848
    May 2010
    11,157 Posts
    I still don't understand what Garry had against sniggering.

Snigger is a rich and storied word with a deep backstory stretching through the ages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #30849
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,330 Posts

Snigger is a rich and storied word with a deep backstory stretching through the ages.
    Proboards B)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events

10. Post #30850
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts

in america we spell it "snicker"

Edited:

because we arent racist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #30851
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,597 Posts
    I just hosted a game of Gold, Firebase White, Cerberus.

Some guy joined before the game started and called me out on being bad at the game for playing Firebase White + Cerberus.

He also bottomscored as an Infiltrator with the Valiant II .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #30852
    December 2009
    8,742 Posts
    I just hosted a game of Gold, Firebase White, Cerberus.

Some guy joined before the game started and called me out on being bad at the game for playing Firebase White + Cerberus.

He also bottomscored as an Infiltrator with the Valiant II .
    Now surely that must be impossible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #30853
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,083 Posts
    I thought i was in ask us about the forums for a moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #30854
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

Aw man.

Can't they give me the keys.

I mean they are the publisher of the game. How does it work?

Oh, or they're afraid I might sell them maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #30855
    December 2009
    8,742 Posts
    Or they just like to keep it on Origin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

16. Post #30856
    June 2010
    6,271 Posts
    Hey guys. I'm not really a Mass Effect player myself, so I haven't monitored all of the 700+ pages of this thread, but I'm kinda interested in the lore discussions the ending sparked. That's why I wanted to know if there's a consensus in this thread on a certain question lifted from this video (you've no doubt already seen):    Does the Destroy option also kill people with biotic implants and more importantly the Quarians that, quote the codex, "are actually cybernetic creatures: a combination of organic and synthetic parts"? Also related to that if Synergy would eternally fuse Quarians with their suits and implants or completely rewrite their bodies without taking implants etc into mind?   
    I know none of this is outright explained, which is why I'm just asking if there's a consensus out there or not, because my Google Fu is too weak to find it.

Forum search function turned up nothing usable and the last couple of pages seemed to go into err... other directions; so I'm sorry if you've already discussed this to death and I'm just too stupid to find the relevant posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #30857
       Yeah logically Volus and Quarians and Geth and EDI should die, but since we see EDI after the destroy ending on the Normandy we know that SOB the Crucible was just outright lying   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

18. Post #30858
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    According to Bioware the Starkid was lying, and the Destroy ending only destroys The Reapers, not all synthetics. This was sparked by EDI being seen in the Destroy ending (if she was one of your favored squadmates) alive and well, so Bioware covered it up by retconning what the ending proposed.

Edited:

It was confirmed via their Twitter, at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #30859
    I guess we'll find out what the fuck was going on in the extended cut, hopefully.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #30860
    December 2009
    8,742 Posts
    Jackald asked me to link this in the thread since he's still ding dong bannu until tomorrow

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 27Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #30861
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts

aw yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 18Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #30862
    Jackald asked me to link this in the thread since he's still ding dong bannu until tomorrow

No words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #30863
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

24. Post #30864
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,597 Posts

aw yeah
    Highway to the LOCO-zone

25. Post #30865
    January 2011
    401 Posts
    NSFW
       She expected that it would stop extending after a few inches. But no; instead, the thick shaft extended until it was jutting up from his crotch plate in nearly a foot of sparkling glory. Shepard took in the shaft's features with glee. [...]

"Our sexual organ has aroused you. Does Shepard-Commander wish to engage in sexual intercourse with this platform? Copulation will increase unit cohesion," said Legion. 

That awkward moment when a fanfiction actually manages to disturb the Mass Effect fandom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #30866

September 2010
    177 Posts
    I've read worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #30867
    Wow, never heard of THAT joke before
    April 2010
    903 Posts
    Eh, seen worse

Ironically due to Facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #30868
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,081 Posts
    Hey guys. I'm not really a Mass Effect player myself, so I haven't monitored all of the 700+ pages of this thread, but I'm kinda interested in the lore discussions the ending sparked. That's why I wanted to know if there's a consensus in this thread on a certain question lifted from this video (you've no doubt already seen):    Does the Destroy option also kill people with biotic implants and more importantly the Quarians that, quote the codex, "are actually cybernetic creatures: a combination of organic and synthetic parts"? Also related to that if Synergy would eternally fuse Quarians with their suits and implants or completely rewrite their bodies without taking implants etc into mind?   
    I know none of this is outright explained, which is why I'm just asking if there's a consensus out there or not, because my Google Fu is too weak to find it.

Forum search function turned up nothing usable and the last couple of pages seemed to go into err... other directions; so I'm sorry if you've already discussed this to death and I'm just too stupid to find the relevant posts.
    according to architect von shotalolicon vas deus ex machina, ANYTHING synthetic gets blowed up, including quarians and anyone who underwent cyborg parts replacement, yet people still get off the ship

SPACKULATION FOR EVERONE TACTICAL WRITING GENIUS.

29. Post #30869
    Trans-Intellectual...you know, like a double entendre
    May 2011
    1,440 Posts
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

30. Post #30870
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

Sex saves the day.

31. Post #30871
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    you're welcome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #30872
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,982 Posts
    While it seems to be accepted that BioWare fucked it up, and the Crucible was lying, I can see there being the argument made that the 'Shepard Lives' ending would also result in -all- synthetics remaining alive, due to the "crucible's design"/EMS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #30873
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,790 Posts
    Seriously one of the most epic game cutscenes I've seen. Had goosebumps on my damn balls when Normandy jumped in and the music started to play.
    I just realized

joker says "30 seconds until we hit the relay"

the ship is called the Normandy

Edited:

mind you this is in many games and movies, this was just the first one I thought of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #30874
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,235 Posts
    While it seems to be accepted that BioWare fucked it up, and the Crucible was lying, I can see there being the argument made that the 'Shepard Lives' ending would also result in -all- synthetics remaining alive, due to the "crucible's design"/EMS.
    The ending shows the Reapers being killed, unlike the Geth which aren't shown at all. I like to think that the Catalyst was just making shit up to try to get Shepard to choose another option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #30875
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,886 Posts
    The ending shows the Reapers being killed, unlike the Geth which aren't shown at all. I like to think that the Catalyst was just making shit up to try to get Shepard to choose another option.
    I'm sure that's what Bioware will fall back on as part of this extended cut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

36. Post #30876
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,235 Posts
    I'm sure that's what Bioware will fall back on as part of this extended cut.
    Worst case scenario: They do that and other companies suddenly realize they can finish their game with DLC and release an unfinished game that turns to shit at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

37. Post #30877
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Worst case scenario: They do that and other companies suddenly realize they can finish their game with DLC and release an unfinished game that turns to shit at the end.
    Yeah, I think this is why people really shouldn't give Bioware kudos, regardless of how good the Extended Cut is. It's setting a bad example. I mean, if EA gets it in their head that they can release a game with a shitty ending and then release DLC months later that changes it, how many other games do you think they'll apply that to?

For that matter, what about when game companies like Activision get their hands on the idea? I mean, in my opinion they're generally less eager to fuck over the consumer, but still, it's not something we want game companies doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #30878
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,235 Posts
    Not to mention other companies might not be willing to make the DLC free. Charging twice for a game is Bobby Kotick's wet dream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #30879
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Where the fuck is my Multiplayer DLC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #30880
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Not to mention other companies might not be willing to make the DLC free. Charging twice for a game is Bobby Kotick's wet dream.
    I could see them making it free, but inevitably one would test the waters of charging for it, whether it be charging five dollars, ten dollars, or fifteen dollars, and then from there it would be a clusterfuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)