1. Post #25401
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    ok now i think you just want to argue for the sake of arguing
    just chill man
    What's the difference between arguing for the sake of arguing and prolonging an argument because you feel that you haven't reached an understanding with the person you're arguing with?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #25402
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    edi would of been cool if she had a hologram for a face
    i think that'd be rad
    Oh that would have been fucking cool!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #25403
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    Oh that would have been fucking cool!
    how do you fit an epidermis over a hologram

4. Post #25404
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    I liked EDI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #25405
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    you can't say i made a mistake and then end the conversation, especially if it's as fundamental of a mistake as understanding what your meaning was

it's just rude
    i didn't make any mistakes ???

Edited:

What's the difference between arguing for the sake of arguing and prolonging an argument because you feel that you haven't reached an understanding with the person you're arguing with?
    because we both obviously aren't going to change our minds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #25406
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Like a woman.

7. Post #25407
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    this argument is fucking retarded you're literally just complaining for the sake of complaining

I mean who the fuck cares if she has a cameltoe, I never noticed anything because strangely enough I wasn't fixated on her crotch...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #25408
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,407 Posts
    well if one party decides to leave you can't really keep arguing can you
    noo you're sucking me in stop it

9. Post #25409
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    this argument is fucking retarded you're literally just complaining for the sake of complaining

I mean who the fuck cares if she has a cameltoe, I never noticed anything because strangely enough I wasn't fixated on her crotch...
    Way to not pay attention for 4 pages. We haven't even been talking about that.

10. Post #25410
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Way to not pay attention for 4 pages. We haven't even been talking about that.
    Looked at the first page of the argument, you were talking about cameltoe
    Looked at the last page, talking about cameltoe

11. Post #25411
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    After I saw the smut picture of EDI on the internet I love her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #25412
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    i didn't make any mistakes ???

Edited:

because we both obviously aren't going to change our minds
    Obviously I think you did, which is why I'm still talking with you.

Not true. If we both are able to communicate clearly our opposing views it should be a simple matter for me to set the offending actions that I find detrimental to the story up to a set of generally accepted rules of storytelling to show why I dislike them. So far we're still working out what the rules are and why they are what they are.

If you can present a decent argument showing that my ideas of the rules of storytelling are incorrect, then it would be in my best interest to change my mind.

Edited:

well if one party decides to leave you can't really keep arguing can you
    noo you're sucking me in stop it
    No, but I can want to continue arguing.

Edited:

Looked at the first page of the argument, you were talking about cameltoe
    Looked at the last page, talking about cameltoe
    Funny, I don't see anyone talking about that. Unless you're referring to people talking about her sexualized design.

13. Post #25413
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    16,983 Posts
    But hey!

At least you could fuck everything.
    You could try to pursue a romance with some non-romancable characters (Varric and Aveline), but they'll turn you down for a reason (Aveline is in love with another man and Varric isn't into humans). In ME3, Vega and Javik doesn't explain why you cannot pursue a relationship with either of them. Traynor, on the other hand, explains why Male Shepard cannot fuck her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

14. Post #25414
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    You could try to pursue a romance with some non-romancable characters (Varric and Aveline), but they'll turn you down for a reason (Aveline is in love with another man and Varric loves his crossbow a lot). In ME3, Vega and Javik doesn't explain why you cannot pursue a relationship with either of them. Traynor, on the other hand, explains why Male Shepard cannot fuck her.
    I thought you couldn't romance Aveline because there'd be no way to get past the sand or the stick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #25415
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    Has it ever occured to you that EDI looks more attractive than most women because she's synthetic?
    Humans always have imperfections because it's controlled by our DNA - Robots don't have that random variation so chances are they'll look (Eerily) perfect - Smooth skin, eyes right in middle of face, straight nose, perfect body shape etc.

Edited:

It's the same with models, they're smothered in make up and sometimes even go through plastic surgery just to look "Perfect".

16. Post #25416
    September 2009
    833 Posts
    ITT: We argue for 5 pages over EDI. God damn I never realized people were so opinionated over her. I liked her in ME2, and felt that her character becoming more "humanized" in this game after receiving the body was interesting, and I was happy that her and Joker could have a relatively freaky and downright worrying relationship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #25417
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    Has it ever occured to you that EDI looks more attractive than most women because she's synthetic?
    Humans always have imperfections because it's controlled by our DNA - Robots don't have that random variation so chances are they'll look (Eerily) perfect - Smooth skin, eyes right in middle of face, straight nose, perfect body shape etc.
    Understandable. When she has skin.

I don't see why a metal endoskeleton would be designed to be attractive. One would think that things like small facial features, breasts, thighs and the like would be left to the imitation flesh.

Not that I'm saying they she should have been a skeleton, but if we're looking at this from a completely logical standpoint, well . . .

18. Post #25418
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,407 Posts
    i'd rather she looked stupid and sexualised than this
    that shits fuckin creepy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #25419
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    i'd rather she looked stupid and sexualised than this
    that shits fuckin creepy
    I'll send the memo to the Bioware team.

20. Post #25420
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,736 Posts
    not exactly a skeleton but the necessary muscular shape for humanoid movement wouldn't be exactly the same. look at Legion or the jumping, they have their various muscle actuators along with plates in seemingly odd positions. they're still very much humanoid, but a small change in the silhouette and shape of it removes it from being humanoid completely.

21. Post #25421
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,407 Posts
    I'll send the memo to the Bioware team.
    it's a joke stop being so snarky

22. Post #25422
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,716 Posts
    I think it would have been more interesting if EDI had remained inside the Normandy, and if she and Joker had established a more subtle relationship over time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #25423
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,757 Posts
    The point is they probably wanted to "humanize" ED-E a bit, while still making it abundantly clear that it's a machine of some description.

If it looks too robot then people wouldn't connect with her as easily. Lets face it, if your squad-mate looked like the very innards of fear itself, would you ever talk to it?

24. Post #25424
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    Giantbomb interview with Jeff Jensen posted:
    I was disappointed. They were going for something a little more audacious and bittersweet, and I do think a lot of the reaction has stemmed from that. A lot of people play these games to be the good guy that accomplishes everything, and video game endings, as a whole, the trope is that you’re the hero that’s unbeatable and everything turns out alright in the end. They went for something a little more mixed: things are out of your control. Bad things are going to happen no matter what you do, what choice you make. People have some real trouble processing that. Some wanted this “you saved the princess” ending that games have always have. Personally, as a player, it’s really important that they’re having this reaction. You don’t see that very often with a video game.
    Fantastic, more people who don't understand why people are annoyed at the ending...

25. Post #25425
    I got 6992 TMS without playing multiplayer, is it possible to get a higher TMS then that? (w/o multiplayer)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

26. Post #25426
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    The point is they probably wanted to "humanize" ED-E a bit, while still making it abundantly clear that it's a machine of some description.

If it looks too robot then people wouldn't connect with her as easily. Lets face it, if your squad-mate looked like the very innards of fear itself, would you ever talk to it?
    yes, the more human the character the more liked they are

that's why everyone hates wrex and garrus and loves kaiden and ashley

Edited:

Fantastic, more people who don't understand why people are annoyed at the ending...
    2deep4u
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #25427
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    The thing that annoys me is that I would fucking love a REALLY DARK ENDING. Everyone dies, Shepard is left fighting to his death in the closing moments, and everyone you meet in the entire series is slowly murdered in front of your eyes.

That would be a really ballsy and dramatic ending for me.

"MAGIC STARCHILD MAYBE SAVES EVERYTHING (OR MAYBE DOESN'T?) (LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE)" is not what I want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #25428
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,064 Posts
    i'm getting really annoyed with the cutscenes in this game.

they lag like fucking crazy for me, but I get a smooth framerate constantly otherwise. it's not that my hardware isn't up to par either. GTX 570 shouldn't lag on cutscenes. Is there a fix for this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #25429
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I got 6992 TMS without playing multiplayer, is it possible to get a higher TMS then that? (w/o multiplayer)
    Yeah, I managed 7.2k. I'm sure that if you do everything in ME1, ME2 and ME3 exactly right you might be able to end up with 7.5k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #25430
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    The thing that annoys me is that I would fucking love a REALLY DARK ENDING. Everyone dies, Shepard is left fighting to his death in the closing moments, and everyone you meet in the entire series is slowly murdered in front of your eyes.

"MAGIC STARCHILD MAYBE SAVES EVERYTHING (OR MAYBE DOESN'T?) (LOTS OF SPECULATION FROM EVERYONE)" is not what I want.
    the real problem is that the depressing part of the ending isn't even the villains.

it's a completely new problem that's brought up at the very end.

It's like if Star Wars ended with the Death Star blowing up, but everyone got space AIDS in the process.

31. Post #25431
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    16,983 Posts
    Yeah, I managed 7.2k. I'm sure that if you do everything in ME1, ME2 and ME3 exactly right you might be able to end up with 7.5k
    Sucks for PS3 players!

I wish Mass Effect Genesis was basically, "if you mainly chose the good path, you'll automatically make good choices from all of the other stuff from ME1"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

32. Post #25432
    November 2010
    3,273 Posts
    I feel like being renegade in ME3 wasn't dick-ish enough, I think it would have been hilarious to punch Traynor for beating you at chess or something as an interrupt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

33. Post #25433
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,716 Posts
    I feel like being renegade in ME3 wasn't dick-ish enough, I think it would have been hilarious to punch Traynor for beating you at chess or something as an interrupt.
    I stand by my opinion that there needs to be a renegade interrupt for every conversation that lets you kill whoever you're talking to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #25434
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,628 Posts
    It's like if Star Wars ended with the Death Star blowing up, but everyone got space AIDS in the process.
    It's more like if the Death Star blew up, but the Force was destroyed and the blast was so big 90% of the universe died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #25435
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,750 Posts
    Let's imagine if other media had Mass Effect 3's ending...

If Metal Gear Solid 3 had Mass Effect 3's ending:

Snake finally beats The Boss. As he stands over her, gun drawn, the player is given the control of the trigger. The single most dramatic moment in the entire series where the player must now come to terms with the inevitability of his or her ac- BUT WAIT! WHAT'S THAT!

Suddenly THE SORROW comes out of a wall and tells Snake that The Boss can yet be saved! It TURNS OUT SHE WAS BEING BRAINWASHED BY VOLGIN!!!! Better still, The Sorrow can control the brainwashing and it turns out he could all along!!!!! The Sorrow suddenly offers three choices; either Snake can use the brainwashing to make everyone in the world peaceful, make everyone accept communism, or he can destroy all communists. Every choice causes all technology to blow up though for some reason.

No matter what decision Snake chooses, we cut to a scene with Major Zero and his team in a plane, Ocelot is there for no reason, and so is EVA, and they crash in the middle of a desert somewhere and we never see the consequences of Snake's actions

THE END!!!

36. Post #25436
    May 2010
    10,939 Posts
    Let's imagine if other media had Mass Effect 3's ending...

If Metal Gear Solid 3 had Mass Effect 3's ending:

Snake finally beats The Boss. As he stands over her, gun drawn, the player is given the control of the trigger. The single most dramatic moment in the entire series where the player must now come to terms with the inevitability of his or her ac- BUT WAIT! WHAT'S THAT!

Suddenly THE SORROW comes out of a wall and tells Snake that The Boss can yet be saved! It TURNS OUT SHE WAS BEING BRAINWASHED BY VOLGIN!!!! Better still, The Sorrow can control the brainwashing and it turns out he could all along!!!!! The Sorrow suddenly offers three choices; either Snake can use the brainwashing to make everyone in the world peaceful, make everyone accept communism, or he can destroy all communists. Every choice causes all technology to blow up though for some reason.

No matter what decision Snake chooses, we cut to a scene with Major Zero and his team in a plane, Ocelot is there for no reason, and so is EVA, and they crash in the middle of a desert somewhere and we never see the consequences of Snake's actions

THE END!!!
    except honestly i can see kojima writing that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #25437
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,757 Posts
    yes, the more human the character the more liked they are

that's why everyone hates wrex and garrus and loves kaiden and ashley

Edited:

2deep4u

Whilst I see you logic, you may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

Making something "more human" isn't always just about looks, it's how the character behaves and how they interact with others.

A turian is interesting in that their appearance is Inhuman, however the characters like Garrus have human elements to them. On ME2 We get a feel for Garrus and his anger, in his loyalty mission we get a feel for his inner struggle with the bad choice he made. They may not look human but their characters are "humanized"

E-DE in ME2 was simply an AI that consisted of a floating bubble in some rooms. It had some "human" elements to it, but not many. "I enjoy the sight of human on their knees."

In ME3 they attempted to make her "more human" with her interactions with joker, both of which are outsiders in human culture. Joker is a snarky introvert, he's pretty much a nerd. ED-E is an AI who is evolving, she's becoming more human, but she isn't quite yet. Bioware tried to bounce them off each other (successfully or not is up to you) in an attempt to expand on their humanity.

It's hard to explain even if someone here had a triple super masters in human psychology, but the basic principle of something being "human" is more than just looks, or even personality, but how they interact with others. A character with human elemets is easer to connect with that one without. To make an example it's like the difference between Garrus and the rachni queen.
    Which one is easier to connect with?

38. Post #25438
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    Playing Multiplayer does not increase your TMS. It increases your Readiness. Normally, it's at 50% so your 6992 TMS would actually be 3496. By playing MP you can increase the Readiness to 100%, so that you have 6992 TMS then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Serbia Show Events

39. Post #25439
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,885 Posts

And to make all the EMS shit worth it, it could mean that SOME of your teammates, possibly a pregnant LI or w/e could escape the clusterfuck if you had enough.

And then a special secret ending where several species of the next cycle including the Yahg, Raloi (you know their plan worked) and Rachni (because they already survived one cycle) each discover Liara's time capsule.

Edited:

i'm getting really annoyed with the cutscenes in this game.

they lag like fucking crazy for me, but I get a smooth framerate constantly otherwise. it's not that my hardware isn't up to par either. GTX 570 shouldn't lag on cutscenes. Is there a fix for this?
    Codec problem?

Edited:

If they had an interesting personality or otherwise cool stuff to talk about? Yes. It's not like I didn't talk to Garrus, Wrex or Legion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

40. Post #25440
    January 2009
    1,599 Posts
    it does, but the general impression you get from them is enough. you don't need to know he's turian, he's some kind of alien or monster. he's got glowing eyes and the facial expression seems human enough to be an evil grin. the robotic arm he's got and the tubes coming out of his head, him compared to the other turian nihlus you have met just screams evil.

without context you can't tell much, but you should still be able to get a decent impression. that's what character art is about.
    I liked how even though the two turians represented both good and evil, they both have this pretty brutal appearance, which looking back, might be a way to interpret turian culture and their way of war and life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events