1. Post #6401
    June 2008
    882 Posts
    But... you have ME3 MP and SP there...
    And as you can see they're different, the MP is closer in to the character so the character takes up more space on screen. also the MP view puts the character closer to the middle of the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #6402
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,059 Posts
    Leak question:    Is the Leviathan of Dis featured or even mentioned?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

3. Post #6403
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    The what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #6404
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,059 Posts
    The what?
       http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan_of_Dis   

5. Post #6405
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
       http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan_of_Dis   
       I read somewhere that it was a dead Reaper and it indoctrinates the Batarians   

6. Post #6406
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    My friend Jake wants to co-commentate tommorow. That cool with you guys? We'll still be playing music and stuff.
    as long as he likes the village people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #6407

September 2010
    177 Posts
    Is the stream going to be on the around the same time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #6408
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Is the stream going to be on the around the same time?
    I have quite a lot of work to do tommorow. Really it just depends how motivated to do that I am. Usually I procrastinate all day and do the bare minimum at about 11pm (it's 1am now)

So it depends how incentivized i am.

I'll try and be done by about 2pm ish, so about 13 hours from now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #6409
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,059 Posts
       I read somewhere that it was a dead Reaper and it indoctrinates the Batarians   
    Aight, thanks.

10. Post #6410
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    Fuckit, if I have a fixed deadline then there's more incentive to do work. Hey, maybe I should do this EVERY sunday if it helps me do work instead of procrastinate.

[h2]STREAM WILL BE 2PM GMT ON SUNDAY[/h2]

aka 13 hours from now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #6411
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    i remember people complaining because    the prothean was speaking english.. well did they forget shepard can understand the prothean langauge because of beacons? Maybe shepard is just hearing his voice as kenyan because it sounds funny?   

12. Post #6412
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,201 Posts
    i remember people complaining because    the prothean was speaking english.. well did they forget shepard can understand the prothean langauge because of beacons? Maybe shepard is just hearing his voice as kenyan because it sounds funny?   
    Yes, but that doesn't explain how Shepard's other squaddies understand then.

13. Post #6413
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,548 Posts
    I was thinking about this. It would be interesting if    we see the Prothean get one of them translator doohickies so others can understand them or its mentioned or something.   

Leak question:    Is the Leviathan of Dis featured or even mentioned?   
    Long answer:    Balak- from Bring Down the Sky- at one point explains that the batarian scientists studying the Leviathan of Dis were indoctrinated and infiltrated the batarian homeworld, Khar'shan and caught the batarians completely by surprised. In the confusion Reapers came down and obliterated Khar'shan. Balak, granted if he survived your encounter on Asteroid X57, explains how he is now the highest ranking batarian general and is in command of barely-surviving batarian fleets. Naturally, he blames Shepard for everything. Shepard can then kill him or convince him to contribute to the war effort.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #6414
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,313 Posts
    What if you want to go into cover?
    Then it would be nice to have a button to push to go into cover, that isn't also the button for 3 other functions. It's like Yeah, we did this because it's practical for a console controller. But what about all these buttons surrounding WSAD that are not used? It's my biggest issue with ME3 (Aside from that damn DLC shit) so the game isn't too bad

15. Post #6415
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    fuck I forgot how grainy ME1 was
    Turn off filter.

Looks much better.

Edited:

Dunno if anyone cares except for me, or if this has been done before, but here's a quick comparison to the sizes of the character on screen from:
    ME2- Red
    ME3- Blue
    ME3 Multiplayer- Green

It's interesting to see the difference between MP and SP ME3.
    Add ME1.

16. Post #6416
    July 2010
    3,900 Posts
    Dunno if anyone cares except for me, or if this has been done before, but here's a quick comparison to the sizes of the character on screen from:
    ME2- Red
    ME3- Blue
    ME3 Multiplayer- Green

It's interesting to see the difference between MP and SP ME3.
    The reason why the multiplayer character is so big is because the Human Soldier's and Vanguard's are wearing that bulky armor. Shepard will be the same size if you're wearing the N7 Defender Armor. Use the Engineer for a proper comparison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #6417
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,294 Posts
    oh guys chillax I swear to god anytime anything gets revealed in this thread you're all so dramatic about it "CANCELLING PRE-ORDER" "FUCK BIOWARE" "GOD THIS GAME IS RUINED FOREVER" It's not even out yet and you're all treating it like it's gonna be the Anti-Christ or something. We're all hear because we loved the shit out of the last 2 games, let's at least give this one a try?
    we already know the story sux, and there's no "trying out the story".

aww opinions make you sad. Good luck in the real world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6418
    June 2011
    1,470 Posts
    They have a Reaper Alertness thing for the galaxy screen, right? Where if you give out "active sensors" for too long it attracts the Reapers, even though you're running stealth. Question is, then how did the Collector vessel manage to hunt down and attack the Normandy while they were running silent?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #6419
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,543 Posts
    Because don't ask we're making this up as we go along.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #6420
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,294 Posts
    Reaper tech and Collector tech may not be the same thing. You never gives slaves tools equal to your own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #6421
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,398 Posts
    They have a Reaper Alertness thing for the galaxy screen, right? Where if you give out "active sensors" for too long it attracts the Reapers, even though you're running stealth. Question is, then how did the Collector vessel manage to hunt down and attack the Normandy while they were running silent?
        Because of the Reaper IFF that the Normandy installed, it showed the Collectors that you were using the IFF, and the IFF told them where the ship was.    

22. Post #6422
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,543 Posts
    The SR1, not the 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

23. Post #6423
    July 2010
    3,900 Posts
    we already know the story sux, and there's no "trying out the story".

aww opinions make you sad. Good luck in the real world.
    "We already know the story sucks", "opinions make you sad". Conflicting statements and stop speaking for everyone. Also would you kindly fuck off with smug attitude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #6424
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,367 Posts
    The SR1, not the 2
    Its highly likely that the Collectors have sensors that are far more advanced than the current ones used.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #6425
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,550 Posts
    There's a thread on /v/ with a guy claiming he got an early copy of the game and shit on it

Link (NSFW):
    http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/130813570
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #6426
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    894 Posts
    Being a vanguard in any of the mass effect games is the best thing ever.

Especially in ME3 because of Shepard's MANLY YELLS OF RAGE

27. Post #6427
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,606 Posts
    I know it doesn't much matter but I'm still a little depressed that guns have limited ammo count. I much preferred ME1's overheat system to limited ammo.
    Balance issues probably.

I remember in ME1, I modded my AR so that it had slightly reduced firerate but could shoot infinitely without ever overheating so I could just go forward, hold the trigger down and win the game npnp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #6428
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,543 Posts
    I remember I had 2-3 Inferno rounds modded so my gun overheated in 3 shots.
    Gonna do it again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

29. Post #6429
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,173 Posts
    I hope the German launch flies over here, it's not that impossible considerign their weather ballons make some way over here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

30. Post #6430
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    as long as he likes the village people
    there will be plenty of the village people, don't worry
    i have to get up super early for the stream though, so i probably won't give a fuck

31. Post #6431
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    After playing ME1 to ME2, the controls feel.. stiff for lack of a better word.

Also I feel worse at hacking those wall safes on PC than on the xbox version for some reason.

Another thing is I wish I could separate the sprint and interact buttons.

32. Post #6432
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,335 Posts
    I was thinking about this. It would be interesting if    we see the Prothean get one of them translator doohickies so others can understand them or its mentioned or something.   

Long answer:    Balak- from Bring Down the Sky- at one point explains that the batarian scientists studying the Leviathan of Dis were indoctrinated and infiltrated the batarian homeworld, Khar'shan and caught the batarians completely by surprised. In the confusion Reapers came down and obliterated Khar'shan. Balak, granted if he survived your encounter on Asteroid X57, explains how he is now the highest ranking batarian general and is in command of barely-surviving batarian fleets. Naturally, he blames Shepard for everything. Shepard can then kill him or convince him to contribute to the war effort.   
       If its true, fuck the Batarians. They tried killing humans, and blames them for everything. So the only two races I am allowing the Reapers to reap are the Batarians and Vorcha.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #6433
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,886 Posts
       If its true, fuck the Batarians. They tried killing humans, and blames them for everything. So the only two races I am allowing the Reapers to reap are the Batarians and Vorcha.   
       The Reapers can have the Batarians, the Geth get the Quarians.

Not sure what the default is, I never got BdtS so if he survives or not is up to save editors. No-one cares about Batarians anyway and if they can't be saved, I'm not gonna shed any tears for the death of a barbaric civilisation. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #6434
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    12,581 Posts
    Then it would be nice to have a button to push to go into cover, that isn't also the button for 3 other functions. It's like Yeah, we did this because it's practical for a console controller. But what about all these buttons surrounding WSAD that are not used? It's my biggest issue with ME3 (Aside from that damn DLC shit) so the game isn't too bad
    It's actually not practical for a controller, we have the X/Square button doing nothing but reloading, the A/X button is forced to interact, sprint, roll, and go into cover. Why not move some of that over to the X/Square button? Or just let us walk into cover like in ME1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

35. Post #6435
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,294 Posts
    "We already know the story sucks", "opinions make you sad". Conflicting statements and stop speaking for everyone. Also would you kindly fuck off with smug attitude.
    If you refuse to see the readily available content for what it is, that's none of my concern.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #6436
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts

Take that!

Well, damn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #6437
    Trans-Intellectual...you know, like a double entendre
    May 2011
    1,448 Posts
    well I guess I'm gonna go through me2 again before march 6th

38. Post #6438
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    "No, nothing happened. I fell and hit a door knob."

39. Post #6439
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    (Telling Korgan about fish on the Presidium)
    Rukar: Ugh. Asari are so... squishy. Where are you supposed to get a decent grip?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #6440
    June 2008
    882 Posts
    Buy me ME1 and I will
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events