1. Post #6081
    March 2011
    2,843 Posts
    I wonder if Bring Down The Sky will have any impact on ME3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

2. Post #6082
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    He is not story relevant and it's just a side mission, nothing more or less. Just like Kasumi if want to put it that way, it also comes with new weapons and outfits.
    To be honest, a lot of people seem to be missing that this is the biggest problem with the whole thing.

And I've not seen anyone yet present evidence that he's actually -in- the base game, with this being the 'recruitment' DLC.

Edited:

It does. If you let Balak go, there's a sidemission featuring him.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #6083
    DFC
    September 2011
    275 Posts
    Galaxy map preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_WX_Osgk4

Reapers chasing you around the galaxy map? Does anyone else find this extremely silly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6084
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Yeah, considering that the Normandy could easily have been doing Mach 20 in space since it was casually cruising past a planet, we're talking re-entry speeds of over 10,000mph.

I mean consider that the Normandy can do FTL travel, the speed of light in a vacuum being Mach 908,462, and we could even be talking about the Normandy doing like Mach 500 or Mach 1000 very easily, which is 660,051mph.

I mean He/she would have slown down to terminal velocity, sure, and the kinetic barriers or suit would maybe absorb a lot of the impact, but the sheer friction from the atmosphere if Shep hit it at 660,051mph would surely destroy any suit.

Really the plausibility of Shepard's survival depends almost entirely on how fast the Normandy was going.
    Maybe it's a perspective thing, but to me, it seemed like the Normandy was dead in space (more or less) when it was destroyed. Or, at the least, had slowed down enough to appear dead in space.

Edited:

Galaxy map preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb_WX_Osgk4

Reapers chasing you around the galaxy map? Does anyone else find this extremely silly?
    Not really, it's a war.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #6085
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,058 Posts
    That's a pretty awesome Normandy picture. Where is it from?
    9 hour late reply:
    http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/...t_Normandy.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #6086
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    To be honest, a lot of people seem to be missing that this is the biggest problem with the whole thing.

And I've not seen anyone yet present evidence that he's actually -in- the base game, with this being the 'recruitment' DLC.

This is from the PC demo. These files will most likely be missing from the base game, since the Prothean was cut to be turned into a paid DLC. They are only in the demo since it's an updated port of the E3 console presentation, which was never changed much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #6087
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Yes. Quite a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #6088
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts

This is from the PC demo. These files will most likely be missing from the base game, since the Prothean was cut to be turned into a paid DLC. They are only in the demo since it's an updated port of the E3 console presentation.
    Agreed. And even if they aren't, Kasumi & Zaeed have a bunch of files in ME3's base game anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #6089
    June 2011
    1,470 Posts
    Yes. Quite a bit.
    Like? Does letting Balak live cause him to live up to his reputation and do even further damage to the Alliance or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #6090
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
    Like? Does letting Balak live cause him to live up to his reputation and do even further damage to the Alliance or something?
       There's a mission with Balak. Killing him, persuading him to join the Batarian fleet, or ignoring him all have different outcomes.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #6091

May 2006
    8,914 Posts
    I think he    sabotages some ships   .

12. Post #6092
    July 2009
    961 Posts
    This game is too expensive, hope they got enough content to justify this price.

also hate it when people say that if you get the collectors edition for $80 you get the DLC for "free", its not really free if you pay $20 extra on the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #6093
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    217 Posts
    Stole this from Kotaku. It's a very good, no-nonsense graphic of how and why day-1 dlc is made. People may not agree with it still, but it is the truth.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17ei...g/original.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #6094
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,031 Posts
    I haven't preordered today but I got $100 today for no real reason from a friend so I'm going to head down to GameStop tomorrow to pre-order it.

Edited:

also hate it when people say that if you get the collectors edition for $80 you get the DLC for "free", its not really free if you pay $20 extra on the game.
    you ALSO get a BUNCH of other shit, not just that DLC so it's not $20 for the DLC. I'd say the value of everything in there is at least $80.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #6095
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,911 Posts

Too expensive? It's the standard price of $60 and if it's approximately as long as ME2 (30-35 hours), then you're paying about $2 per hour of entertainment. And that assumes you only play the game once.

The extra $20 for the Collector's Edition pays for the $10 DLC, digital soundtrack, appearance pack, weapon pack, lithograph, robotic dog, and fabric patch.

I don't see how the game costs too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #6096
    June 2011
    1,470 Posts
       There's a mission with Balak. Killing him, persuading him to join the Batarian fleet, or ignoring him all have different outcomes.   
       So there's a chance to kill him later? What was the point of killing him in BDtS then?   

17. Post #6097
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
       What was the point of killing him in BDtS then?   
    Saving the hostages I imagine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #6098
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,981 Posts
       So there's a chance to kill him later? What was the point of killing him in BDtS then?   
       I'm assuming there's a chance to kill him; if you do nothing, he sabotages Alliance ships, if you convince him to help, he joins the fleet. I'm guessing that if you can't convince him, you can kill him then. I'd have to re-read the War Assets leak   

Edited:

Saving the hostages I imagine.
    They die if you try and kill him.

19. Post #6099
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Pshh, I don't fear Atlases on my Asari.

Even with their shields up Warp->Throw = biotic explosion and they get knocked back. It also does a good amount of damage.

However, I have yet to do Gold. So maybe when there are more than 1 of them I would run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #6100
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,879 Posts

Even with their shields up Warp->Throw = biotic explosion and they get knocked back. It also does a good amount of damage.
    Oh damn, I forgot about biotic explosions.

21. Post #6101
    May 2010
    4,321 Posts
    Revenant is utter crap at long range, thankfully I have my widow for long range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

22. Post #6102
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Revenant is utter crap at long range, thankfully I have my widow for long range.
    Revenant AND Widow? How long do your abilities take to recharge?

23. Post #6103
    June 2011
    1,470 Posts
       I'm assuming there's a chance to kill him; if you do nothing, he sabotages Alliance ships, if you convince him to help, he joins the fleet. I'm guessing that if you can't convince him, you can kill him then. I'd have to re-read the War Assets leak   
       So you don't get the chance at more War Readiness if you kill him? Might as well have let him live if that's the case.   

So what conditions in the files are there where a renegade decision offers more War Readiness then a paragon?

24. Post #6104
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,317 Posts

However, I have yet to do Gold. So maybe when there are more than 1 of them I would run.
    Gold is so hard. I've never made it past wave 8 on Gold. It always sends like 5 Phantoms. At the same time, and on top of that send 3 Atlas' that are so close to one another they're practically dry humping one another

25. Post #6105
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,359 Posts
    Quick question: what was the general consensus on Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station? Are they worth the download?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

26. Post #6106
    May 2010
    4,321 Posts
    Revenant AND Widow? How long do your abilities take to recharge?
    I use one of those recharge time boost thingies that reduce the recharge time so not very long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

27. Post #6107
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,911 Posts
    Quick question: what was the general consensus on Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station? Are they worth the download?
    Bring Down the Sky is good, Pinnacle Station isn't worth your money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #6108
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Why must people with terrible connections always be the Leader? I'm tired of lag causing my abilities/weapons to do no damage 50% of the time.

29. Post #6109
    One

July 2011
    72 Posts
    I don't know how many more assignments I want to do in Mass Effect 1
    i hate driving the Mako.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #6110
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    SMGs sucked in both me2 and me3
    Uh... no?

I use my SMG a lot on my Infiltrator. I have the one that has a 50 round magazine and holds like 800 extra rounds. Put it on Tungsten/Inferno or Disruptor ammo and it RIPS through armour/shields like nobody's fucking business.

Edited:

I see really only one ridge in that grip so I guess it could work for either race.

Edited:

oh and that purple glow is the mass effect core that reduces the recoil

basically it works the same was as drednaught mass accelerator cannons (the recoil dampening anyways), just smaller, less powerful, and for shot force to recoil force is different.
    The idea of a mass effect core in a gun large enough to glow through it gives me funny ideas.

Like overloading the core and throwing the gun in a group of enemies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #6111
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,911 Posts
    I don't know how many more assignments I want to do in Mass Effect 1
    i hate driving the Mako.
    I LOVE driving the Mako.

I feel like such a minority :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #6112
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    I LOVE driving the Mako.

I never had a problem with it. Just keep holding forward, it will drive over anything.

The Hammerhead is a weak piece of crap and I can never tell if I'm actually taking damage.

33. Post #6113
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    If I am to get a news reporter on my ship it'd be Emily Wong. Hell, I'd even take Khalish bezine jablahblah aboard.
    Me too. So I could use her as my personal punching bag.

God I hope we get to punch Kalish ba sin again in ME3.

34. Post #6114
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    I think I have a crush on Jack.

Is that odd?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #6115
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Pretty sure she does the crushing. Literally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #6116
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Me too. So I could use her as my personal punching bag.

God I hope we get to punch Kalish ba sin again in ME3.
    Apparently punching her    reduces your Galactic Readiness

ID=215 Khalisah Bint Sinan Al Jilani Type: Military SubType: Fleet StartingStrength=5 ConditionalDescription="Paragon interrupt when meeting her, ME3"
    ID=266 Never Punched Reporter Type: Modifier - StartingStrength=0 ConditionalDescription="Never Punched her in ME1 ME2 or ME3" 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #6117
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    I think I have a crush on Jack.

Is that odd?
    considering her clothing, I wouldn't say so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

38. Post #6118
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    Pretty sure she does the crushing. Literally.
    I... I finished her loyalty mission today. I feel so bad for her. I just wanna give her a hug and tell her it'll be okay.
    I actually find her more interesting than Miranda as a character, although many people will disagree with me, but I like Jack a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

39. Post #6119
    One sexy lumpy man
    August 2010
    1,466 Posts
    Apparently punching her    reduces your Galactic Readiness

ID=215 Khalisah Bint Sinan Al Jilani Type: Military SubType: Fleet StartingStrength=5 ConditionalDescription="Paragon interrupt when meeting her, ME3"
    ID=266 Never Punched Reporter Type: Modifier - StartingStrength=0 ConditionalDescription="Never Punched her in ME1 ME2 or ME3" 

Worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

40. Post #6120
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    Bitch can't go around making disingenuous assertions and not expect to feel the consequences.

Edited:

I LOVE driving the Mako.

I saluted it when I saw it on the crash site.

I loved that fucking thing. It may have caused me a few problems, but I loved it. And it deserved a burial.

Little shit just had to get stuck in a rock one last time....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)