1. Post #29401
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Caught for air I see....

And obviously it's drifting though space, as it exploded and pieces of it and alot of shit falling into the atmosphere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #29402
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts

Still on the citadel guises.
    Might wanna replay the intro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #29403
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    227 Posts
    Anyone wanna play Gold
    Sure. Origin PC: PariahKing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #29404
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    What would the intro tell us about this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #29405
    April 2008
    661 Posts
    I finished the trilogy again yesterday, and I realized that basically anyone can just ignore ME1, and just start from ME2, continue on to ME3 and never really notice what happened back in ME1. What I mean is anyone who do not know about the franchise right now can just start the "trilogy" from ME2 without ever touching the first, and that wouldn't stop that person from "understanding" what's going on, since everything is basically "re-explained" (re-done) from ME2. It's not like watching The Two Towers and expecting to understand it right away, and then moving to The Return of the King and still understand everything, you'd HAVE to watch Fellowship first, and THEN the important dots would be connected to make sense of the LOTR trilogy.

With Mass Effect, the disconnection from ME1's lore (from ME2's first moments and beyond) is so strong that you can effectively never play ME1 at all, literally know nothing of it, and it would not even matter one moment. You'd get at the end of ME3, and ME2 itself (and only ME2) would "make sense", and you might be happy with that. It is ONLY when you actually BEGAN from ME1 that suddenly almost nothing makes sense anymore. It is as if Mass Effect 2 and 3 could have been completely different games, only borrowing Shepard as ME1's protagonist for the heck of it and labeling both games as being "Mass Effect" games just to sell them faster.

It's pissing me off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #29406
    Trans-Intellectual...you know, like a double entendre
    May 2011
    1,408 Posts
    I finished the trilogy again yesterday, and I realized that basically anyone can just ignore ME1, and just start from ME2, continue on to ME3 and never really notice what happened back in ME1. What I mean is anyone who do not know about the franchise right now can just start the "trilogy" from ME2 without ever touching the first, and that wouldn't stop that person from "understanding" what's going on, since everything is basically "re-explained" (re-done) from ME2. It's not like watching The Two Towers and expecting to understand it right away, and then moving to The Return of the King and still understand everything, you'd HAVE to watch Fellowship first, and THEN the important dots would be connected to make sense of the LOTR trilogy.

With Mass Effect, the disconnection from ME1's lore (from ME2's first moments and beyond) is so strong that you can effectively never play ME1 at all, literally know nothing of it, and it would not even matter one moment. You'd get at the end of ME3, and ME2 itself (and only ME2) would "make sense", and you might be happy with that. It is ONLY when you actually BEGAN from ME1 that suddenly almost nothing makes sense anymore. It is as if Mass Effect 2 and 3 could have been completely different games, only borrowing Shepard as ME1's protagonist for the heck of it and labeling both games as being "Mass Effect" games just to sell them faster.

It's pissing me off.
    yeah I had that feeling when replaying the series I just couldn't exactly figure out what was wrong. You however, explained exactly what I thought.

7. Post #29407
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    What would the intro tell us about this?
    He's saying 'So what, those tubes are everywhere."

You think Bioware would have more than one texture for tubes?

8. Post #29408
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    4,897 Posts
    So ME3 is indeed (technically at least) false advertising according to the BBB's Blog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Late Late x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #29409
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    He's saying 'So what, those tubes are everywhere."

You think Bioware would have more than one texture for tubes?
    I don't know I thought it would be something about how there is rebar sticking out of concrete debris in the first level and it looked exactly like that or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #29410
    Original 300 elitist.
    January 2005
    2,157 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #29411
    March 2012
    316 Posts
    Fuck yes, just got a Geth Engineer. I can finally achieve my dream of playing as a Geth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

12. Post #29412
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,349 Posts
    "Okay I'm at, uh... you"

Love that line. Always makes me laugh.

13. Post #29413
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts

It's pissing me off.
    There's still a lot of context left over from ME1. Virmire being the biggest event. You have to know what went down on Virmire to see the context of Wreav/Wrex's actions and thoughts towards Shepard. There is also Eden Prime and Noveria which add some context to the game.

However, you're right. Besides a few events in ME1, you can jump right into ME2, and ME2 & 3 go in a different direction that can confuse a ME1 veteran.

14. Post #29414
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

15. Post #29415
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    geth engineer with hunter mode is incredible. if you use the black widow with the penetration mod, you can shoot through almost any wall, floor and ceiling in firebase white. this negates my weak shields, since i just stand behind a wall and shoot my enemies through it.

16. Post #29416
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    geth engineer with hunter mode is incredible. if you use the black widow with the penetration mod, you can shoot through almost any wall, floor and ceiling in firebase white. this negates my weak shields, since i just stand behind a wall and shoot my enemies through it.
    Spec into the turret, too. Damage-wise it's about as good as the Quarian Turret, but it gives shield boosts/buffs shield recharge to people who are standing near it. It's really great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #29417
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Only Javik becomes pointless if you do his mission before the end of the game. lol jk.

I'll send him off to fight in the Illusive Man.

18. Post #29418
    March 2007
    540 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 21Winner Winner x 4 (list)

19. Post #29419
    March 2010
    3,114 Posts
    I love the Marauder Shields comics. If Bioware did implement another ending that I'd probably want it based off the comics after episode 6.
    Also if you missed previous episodes http://koobismo.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #29420
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,078 Posts
    Playing as the Geth infiltrator. Phantom is the target, 4 other Nemesis and soldiers around her, I run in, spam heavy attack, died in a second after getting the kill and like 2000 points. Totally meant to do that.

21. Post #29421
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,396 Posts
    I like how Legions song references Sarens theme because of the Geth being a big part of Saren in the first game, its referenced at 1:56 in the Legion song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #29422
    March 2012
    316 Posts
    What the hell is wrong with EA servers? I've been losing connection to them all day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

23. Post #29423
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,917 Posts

It's pissing me off.
    I dunno, Mass Effect 1 offers a hell of a lot to the overall narrative. Yeah, the Codex explains a fair amount but it doesn't even come close to what you learn from Vigil on Ilos, or from talking with Sovereign. Mass Effect 1 really is the introduction and exposition piece by which the rest of the trilogy is launched. Could you figure out the trilogy by skipping it? Yeah, probably. Would it be even half as meaningful? Not a chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

24. Post #29424

April 2007
    1,448 Posts
    Because he's banned, Jackald wanted me to forward this:

Jackald posted:
    let the thread know i'm not doing any more livestreams
    I just can't be arsed with doing livestreams any more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #29425
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,381 Posts
    How did he get banned?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #29426
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,842 Posts

It's pissing me off.
    maybe, but in me2 you were mainly fighting a different enemy and had a different outfit to work for.
    The thing is bioware did the right thing making you able to understand the game, whilst not as much as someone who has played the one before, without having to play through mex

27. Post #29427
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,146 Posts
    Playing ME3, just evacuated the students from the school. That part where you get to fucking pilot an Atlas was amazing.

28. Post #29428
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,601 Posts
    How did he get banned?
    Flaming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29429
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,917 Posts
    maybe, but in me2 you were mainly fighting a different enemy and had a different outfit to work for.
    The thing is bioware did the right thing making you able to understand the game, whilst not as much as someone who has played the one before, without having to play through mex
    Agreed though, and I think I've said this before, Mass Effect 3 would be difficult for new players to understand in any kind of depth. I tried a no-import run for giggles and the only reason ANYTHING makes sense to me is because I'm familiar with the characters and events from ME1 and ME2.

Think of all the stuff that is thrown at you in the span of the first hour. Reapers, Protheans, Mars, Mass Effect fields, all the alien species, familiar characters like Anderson/Liara/Joker/Illusive Man/etc, Biotics, husks, other homeworlds, past events and on and on. And that's all in the first hour.

I can easily imagine new players wondering what the flying fuck is going on. Who's this and why do I know them? What the hell are the Reapers? What are the Protheans and why are they such a big deal?

30. Post #29430
    Angel of Death
    July 2007
    9,346 Posts
    I've been kicked from three gold lobbies in a row, not sure why. I'm N7 rank 270 and offered to be asari adept level 20. And it was more or less instakicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

31. Post #29431
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,917 Posts
    I've been kicked from three gold lobbies in a row, not sure why. I'm N7 rank 270 and offered to be asari adept level 20. And it was more or less instakicks.
    People on ME3 MP appear to be exceedingly picky. This is why I only play with people I know; never get kicked ever.

32. Post #29432
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,385 Posts
    Because he's banned, Jackald wanted me to forward this:
    Whatever he got banned for must have pissed him off:

~feltonio: heard you got banned from FP?
    Jackald: yeah
    Jackald: oh no
    ~feltonio: why
    Jackald: fuck off
    ~feltonio: ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #29433
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Yvonne
    Sarah
    haha, i get it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #29434
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,307 Posts
    That doesn't really make any sense to me.

We saw those once, in one area, on one planet in Mass Effect 2.

Why are there Harvesters present during the assault on Earth? In fact why are they even plentiful enough to make them into any kind of viable troop? It's like the Banshees. Ardat Yakshi are said to be extremely rare, yet you kill like a hundred of them, in Shepard's path alone. There just aren't enough in the galaxy for it to be any sort of practical army unit.
    From what I'm assuming, Harvesters are like Thresher Maws in the sense that they pop up on several different planets, since there's another planet in ME2 where Harvesters pop up other than Tuchanka.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Arab Emirates Show Events

35. Post #29435
    Angel of Death
    July 2007
    9,346 Posts
    People on ME3 MP appear to be exceedingly picky. This is why I only play with people I know; never get kicked ever.
    I've been kicked from lobbies several times after a game simply for being " too good ".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #29436
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,078 Posts
    I've been kicked from lobbies several times after a game simply for being " too good ".
    scrubs only no pros pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #29437
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,842 Posts
    Playing ME3, just evacuated the students from the school. That part where you get to fucking pilot an Atlas was amazing.
    you know you can do that every time theres an atlas by shooting the window

38. Post #29438
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,907 Posts
    snip, was late

39. Post #29439
    Angel of Death
    July 2007
    9,346 Posts
    I should probably just leave if I see I have seven times everyone else's score the first few rounds, we whipe at wave six because nobody but me is actually doing anything, I have no idea how these people even got to level 20 at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #29440
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,146 Posts
    you know you can do that every time theres an atlas by shooting the window
    I know the tips between load screens say you can shatter the window, but I've unloaded every last round on the window before and all that ended up doing was destroying the Atlas itself, not the window. I've even tried the Scorpion heavy pistol, figuring the explosives would shatter it, but in the end it just blows up. Is there some trick to shattering the window but keeping the Atlas intact?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)