1. Post #1321
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,615 Posts
    I can't wait for the PC demo so people can see how to hack/mod ME3 and get a head start.
    I just hope we can get more outfits again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1322
    July 2010
    3,758 Posts
    Played the demo, and it was fucking awesome. The sound design they have done is amazing. Combining Singularity and Throw made the most ear drum arousing sound ever.

Gonna wait until the PC demo to do multiple playthroughs of it though. As I can't stand the consoles horribly unstable FPS and terribad controls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #1323
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    Got the Art of the Mass Effect Universe book from Barnes and Noble today. I'll keep it spoiler-free, but the concept art for Mass Effect 3 is GORGEOUS. It's everything you could wish for and more. Some of it surprised me, even. Suffice to say, you'll all enjoy what ME3 has to offer.

Some of the art was scrapped, though. Although, their idea for the final boss fight was really fucking cool. A bit disappointed and unsure if it made the final cut, though. Fucking spoilers in my art book
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #1324
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,137 Posts
    I can't wait for the PC demo so people can see how to hack/mod ME3 and get a head start.
    Can't wait for more of these videos from this guy:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1325
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I need to go through Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 trying to get as many people killed as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1326
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    I bought Battlefield 3 (new) for Xbox 360 a while ago, would that mean i get access to the demo on the 14th? I entered all the codes but i didn't sign up for the Battlelog thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #1327
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    15,929 Posts
    Interesting that Anderson has a full skill tree in the demo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1328
    February 2011
    1,416 Posts
    Demo was pretty good. Wrex's VO sounded inconsistent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

9. Post #1329
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    What is this "no early PC demo" I'm reading on /v/? This better not be serious.

Edited:

Never mind, was some douche complaining we get it on the 14th.

Edited:

Now to fill my post with useful information: I present you all new male hairstyles.

Edited:

And the female ones as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1330
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    I see you're in the same /v/ thread that i'm in.

It's unsettling when I see this stuff in here, bad case of deja vu.

11. Post #1331
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    I like the fourth one best. some of the other ones look too human or cartoony, but 4 looks like a believable alien, at least to me.

Both sets look like modifed Salarians.

Sigh.

12. Post #1332
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    I see you're in the same /v/ thread that i'm in.

It's unsettling when I see this stuff in here, bad case of deja vu.
    Yes I'm in 129098830 and 129102985, but they are moving slower than usual. JeanLuc's post was kinda demotivational for me, especially when he said there's no weapon customization unlocked. I also realized the Infiltrator doesn't even spawn with a sniper rifle, seen it for myself in a gameplay video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

13. Post #1333
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    The demo has quelled many of my fears about Mass Effect 3. The action is much more interesting than in Mass Effect 2 and the cover system has been improved a lot. The gameplay videos released make the melee takedowns look easy. They are not easy. Your health does not regenerate automatically any more - you must use Medi-gel to heal yourself. The animations during conversations are so much more believable and human. The music is superb. There is now more banter between squadmates, which makes them less static. You are able to customise your Shepard in the demo and you can enter an identity code from Mass Effect 2.
    Blah blah blah, also predicted. Combat and utility have never been an issue. The hee haw bad story and treatment of cast was, is, and will be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1334
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,158 Posts
    You haven't specified whether you want pre-order items or not, so here is Mass Effect 3 on PC for 29.90 excl. shipping.
    This looks reasonable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #1335
    August 2010
    194 Posts
    Interesting that Anderson has a full skill tree in the demo.
    I guess that makes sense because    he sees more squad time on Earth than the entire ME2 team sees all game.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1336
    July 2010
    3,758 Posts
    Blah blah blah, also predicted. Combat and utility have never been an issue. The hee haw bad story and treatment of cast was, is, and will be.
    Are you even getting the game? You seem pretty confident that the story is complete garbage. Why do you keep coming to this thread if you apparently know everything there is to know about the story, and that it will obviously be shit, based off an old leaked script. I don't get what you're intentions are with these type of posts.

17. Post #1337
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    You seem pretty confident that the story is complete garbage.
    It's not like they've given us much reason to be confident.

I don't get what you're intentions are with these type of posts
    To give two sides of an argument.

It's great that you want to visit a forum with no dissenting opinions, but this isn't BSN. If someone is worried about the outlook of the game for whatever reason, they've every right to express it in a post. The same goes for those of you who are super excited and think Bioware is fucking amazing and can do no wrong, or very little wrong.

You want a circlejerk? Go to BSN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

18. Post #1338
    July 2010
    3,758 Posts
    It's not like they've given us much reason to be confident.

To give two sides of an argument.

It's great that you want to visit a forum with no dissenting opinions, but this isn't BSN. If someone is worried about the outlook of the game for whatever reason, they've every right to express it in a post. The same goes for those of you who are super excited and think Bioware is fucking amazing and can do no wrong, or very little wrong.

You want a circlejerk? Go to BSN.
    was, is, and will be.
    This is what part of his post that irks me the most. It feels like he's subtly telling us that we should cancel our pre-orders (if we made them) and not even bother with the game because he apparently knows exactly how the game is going to turn out.

It's perfectly fine to express concerns, but to blatantly claim the story is going to be shit within a month of it's release, based off an old leaked script, is pushing it a little too far.

19. Post #1339
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    Who the fuck cares if he's 'telling' you to do anything? We're on an internet forum, tell him to go fuck himself, laugh, and leave. I could tell you to go burn Bioware's studio to the ground, it doesn't mean that you have to fucking do anything other than laugh and say 'what a fucking moron'.

I think the story will be subpar as well, this 'old script' is a pretty good indicator of their direction in terms of development. You really think they've changed everything out of that script? Or hell even most things? No, they've probably tweaked it a bit and changed some minor things, but to assume that they've redone the entire thing in this short amount of time is laughably optimistic. Talk about 'blind optimism'. Until i'm given a reason to think the story will be good, whether by more info or playing the game, I will rightly presume that the quality of the game will be what the script and the action-y trailers have portrayed it to be.

Ignoring everything and saying 'oh it's old' or 'they'll fix it, i'm sure' is ridiculous. Related.

I'm not saying it's definitely going to be terrible, but all signs are pointing to it being less than fantastic, and i'm running with what i've got until its proven otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 14Dumb x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #1340
    July 2010
    3,758 Posts
    I could tell you to go burn Bioware's studio to the ground, it doesn't mean that you have to fucking do anything other than laugh and say 'what a fucking moron'.
    Want me to? I live in Edmonton.

Anyways, I see your point. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo, even though a lot of the features we've seen in the latest trailers weren't present in it, because who knows how old that build is. So far, 2012 seems pretty quiet for video game releases. ME3 will most likely be one of the biggest ones.

Who knows, maybe Bioware swallowed a couple diamonds, and that's what going to be shit out as the whole product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #1341
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Are you even getting the game? You seem pretty confident that the story is complete garbage. Why do you keep coming to this thread if you apparently know everything there is to know about the story, and that it will obviously be shit, based off an old leaked script. I don't get what you're intentions are with these type of posts.
    I've already said why I'm getting the game, if you didn't bother reading it over the last, I don't know, nine threads or something that's not really my problem. In addition, Heir and a couple other folks are buds or people like Sylvf whom are just plain old good people in circles of people I know. I have a vested interest in the game succeeding. That in no way shape or form excuses shit storytelling or mishandling of established arcs.

Second, there were three leaks and one of them isn't old.

Third, reviews and factory copies are already away.

Fourth, you really haven't done crap to disprove anything in the other direction anyway. "I hope the game doesn't suck, it shouldn't suck, right?" is an opinion, and not even an opinion based on anything objective.

You being personally invested in no way magically mitigates the crappy points. Your opinion >! Bioware's work, now matter how much you think it does.

22. Post #1342
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    What is this "no early PC demo" I'm reading on /v/? This better not be serious.

Edited:

Never mind, was some douche complaining we get it on the 14th.

Edited:

Now to fill my post with useful information: I present you all new male hairstyles.

Edited:

And the female ones as well.
    No female mohawks? Pre-order cancelled

23. Post #1343
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,618 Posts
    No female mohawks? Pre-order cancelled
    Not enough beautiful haircuts for either gender, worst game of the year.

Does Bioware have something against long, flowing hair?

24. Post #1344
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,988 Posts

The Dragon Age series does hair pretty well. Bioware seems unable to do the same in Mass Effect.

25. Post #1345
    May 2011
    2,934 Posts
    Yeah. They can't animate it.

Looks like play-doh on their head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1346
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    830 Posts
    So for the Facebook minigame, is there a specific way to hit the buttons to get the demo code, or is it random for each attempt?

Edited:

If anybody has a spare demo key, I'd be willing to gift them a small Steam game (<$10).

27. Post #1347
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts

No, but UE3 does. Unless you put a million really flexible bones in it, it looks like ass... and even then it still looks like ass.

28. Post #1348

September 2010
    177 Posts
    So for the Facebook minigame, is there a specific way to hit the buttons to get the demo code, or is it random for each attempt?

Edited:

If anybody has a spare demo key, I'd be willing to gift them a small Steam game (<$10).
    Just got to memorize the bottom sequence with the four small circles and apply it to the four bigger circles.

I thought they didn't put long hair because of the hair rule in the military (like hair should not be touching shoulders or whatever)

29. Post #1349
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,966 Posts
    Just got to memorize the bottom sequence with the four small circles and apply it to the four bigger circles.

I thought they didn't put long hair because of the hair rule in the military (like hair should not be touching shoulders or whatever)
    Ashley's hair rules that out. But is she active duty or not? I guess that would matter.

30. Post #1350
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,682 Posts
    You know to be honest, seeing some of the new trailers of ME3 and having plaid the demo I'm not too stressed out whether or not the story will be as epic as the first one anymore. I mean obviously I would prefer it to be just as, if not more so epic and well written, but the cinematic quality of ME3, and the fact that, for once, I'm seeing a life-like, large scale, interstellar war in a game is enough to keep me happy if the story winds up being a slight let down. I'm fed up of seeing TV shows/movies/games where such wars seem thoroughly underwhelming compared to what they're made out to be - hopefully, at the bare minimum, ME3 will do that well.

Also, playing the ME3 demo gave me some serious War of The Worlds vibes (2005, not the book or the older movie). When the Reaper which touched down in front of me eventually turned around and walked off into the distance and I could see its underside above me it reminded me of the tripods. It was really, really cool looking.

4th and 5th one give me massive Tau vibes.

Also coming out of ME1 into ME2, it feels damn near unplayable, possibly due in part to the load screens which are taking forever (got Origin and Steam running at the same time for the game's overlay) and possibly as well due to how gross the combat feels.

It's weird, but I'm enjoying ME1's combat quite a bit more over ME2's.
    I agree. I felt like a GOD in ME1. I'd just walk into a room full of enemies and casually hurl everyone around while laughing maniacally.

Then they 'balanced' the gameplay :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

31. Post #1351
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,841 Posts
    Trade someone Section 8 on Steam for a demo key, if you have one spare.

32. Post #1352
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    Ashley's hair rules that out. But is she active duty or not? I guess that would matter.
    She's a Spectre. I guess Shepard is just a tightass

33. Post #1353
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    I relieved her from all her duties back on Virmire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #1354
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,682 Posts
    Off the current topic, but does anyone remember the medical lab on Noveria with the sick patients and the doctor (the one who asks you if you'll make a cure for them in exchange for a pass into the maintenance area)?

I swear to god there's a piece of equipment in that room with him that has the black mesa logo on it. If anyone has a save file around about then take a look.

35. Post #1355
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    I swear to god there's a piece of equipment in that room with him that has the black mesa logo on it. If anyone has a save file around about then take a look.
    Googled in 5 seconds.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

36. Post #1356
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,682 Posts
    lol, in retrospect an image search may have been a better option than a text search. I figured I'd have more luck looking for a forum post going, "hey guys, who caught the black mesa logo on Noveria," than actually finding a picture of it

A bad assumption.

37. Post #1357
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,282 Posts
    Googled in 5 seconds.

Young Eli Vance!
    "You're alive! Thank God for that hazard suit!"

She's a Spectre in ME3 = doesn't give a fuck about laws and rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

38. Post #1358
    November 2007
    821 Posts
    Googled in 5 seconds.

Screenshot taken with shitty low res textures despite being on ultra-high in 5 minutes.

VV

39. Post #1359
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    Seriously though the hair does look better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1360
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    5,965 Posts
    She's a Spectre in ME3 = doesn't give a fuck about laws and rules.
    I'm sure her hair gets in the way. Imagine if it got caught on a gun she was putting away and jammed it. That would be...unfortunate.