1. Post #3761
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,029 Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking of ideal places. Most of them seem to be in Yanov, but it'd be cool to have some Frontier style areas where you could establish a base. Maybe stop Yar and co from automatically travelling to the Laundromat, and changing it so you had to recruit people there.
    It wouldn't really make sense, especially because a lot of people wanted to go there on their own beforehand, but Garry/Gharik wasn't around to show them the surface path. Degtyarev himself has no idea of how to get to Pripyat on foot, and the underpass got blocked off again.

But IMO you should be capable of chatting up with a stalker group and get them to go with you to Pripyat and other places later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

2. Post #3762
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,074 Posts
    Playing SGM and found a chicken.

DON'T SHOOT THE FUCKING CHICKEN!!!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #3763
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,539 Posts
    Playing SGM and found a chicken.

DON'T SHOOT THE FUCKING CHICKEN!!!   
    The Mechanic Needs Rkb 86u Army Toolkit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3764
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,642 Posts
    Hey, anyone know shit about crashes and OGSE? Because I still need help and don't want to start a new game.

Expression : no_assert
    Function : CALifeStoryRegistry::add
    File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\alife_story _registry.cpp
    Line : 30
    Description : Specified story object is already in the Story registry!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3765
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    The Mechanic Needs Rkb 86u Army Toolkit
    What happens when you find that toolkit anyways?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

6. Post #3766
    December 2010
    2,501 Posts
    Does the latest version of TFW have some messed up text? I noticed squads in the PDA have like a bit of code when I highlight them instead of the regular stuff. Same goes for some of the buttons on the radio. Is it a bug in the mod, or in Zip File's ballistics mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3767
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,393 Posts
    I didn't modify any file that would do that, so I doubt it's my mod.

8. Post #3768
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    wow, first crash with redux, finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

9. Post #3769
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,620 Posts
    HELLO YES.
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS SHIT MEANS
    Expression : assertion failed
    Function : HUD_SOUND_COLLECTION::LoadSound
    File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrGame\HudSound.cpp
    Line : 184
    Description : NULL==FindSoundItem(alias, false)
    Seriously, it's stopping me from playing TFW because i constantly crash when i'm in garbage, which if you've played TFW, you would know that its basically the central hub of the zone in TFW.

It's getting really annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #3770
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    SGM 2.1 after getting to a point where Renegades are killable they are such bullet-sponges. Sucks immensely hard if you don't go for headshots all the time. And why on earth is there THAT many Mutants during the    Dawn Base Defence and Barrier Defence    Mission??

In the end after killing like 20+ Bloodsuckers, 2 Burers, 4 Chimera's a metric fuck-ton of Snorks and Dogs and 3 Psuedogiants and 3 Controllers. As the next wave spawned over the horizon and was about to hit I ran like hell. NOT doing another wave. At-least it doesn't just cut the quest line out there and then. Actually lets you re-deem yourself. Which I found pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #3771
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    SGM 2.1 after getting to a point where Renegades are killable they are such bullet-sponges. Sucks immensely hard if you don't go for headshots all the time. And why on earth is there THAT many Mutants during the    Dawn Base Defence and Barrier Defence    Mission??

In the end after killing like 20+ Bloodsuckers, 2 Burers, 4 Chimera's a metric fuck-ton of Snorks and Dogs and 3 Psuedogiants and 3 Controllers. As the next wave spawned over the horizon and was about to hit I ran like hell. NOT doing another wave. At-least it doesn't just cut the quest line out there and then. Actually lets you re-deem yourself. Which I found pretty cool.
       You're not supposed to actually defeat all the mutants. Eventually the mutants overrun the Clear Sky base and wipe them all out.   

NOT the Jupiter Clear Sky, the one in Army Warehouses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #3772
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    Oh so I wasted the hour and a half and thousands of rounds and meds and tore up ALL my weapons and armour for no reason? :P At-least I come out with an extra 500+ Rank points.

Also what is the little new icon about? After awhile of pumping myself with med's it shows up and my vision goes all nuts. I'm assuming it's to try and encourage me to not pump my body with meds and take things a bit easy?

13. Post #3773
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,650 Posts
    Oh so I wasted the hour and a half and thousands of rounds and meds and tore up ALL my weapons and armour for no reason? :P At-least I come out with an extra 500+ Rank points.

Also what is the little new icon about? After awhile of pumping myself with med's it shows up and my vision goes all nuts. I'm assuming it's to try and encourage me to not pump my body with meds and take things a bit easy?
    It's blood toxicity. You gotta take some psychadelin or whatever it's called.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #3774
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    Now that makes sense. Roger that. I've not been paying attention to it much until it hit Orange. I been popping medkits and rads like an addict. That mission got intense.

15. Post #3775
    December 2010
    2,501 Posts
       You're not supposed to actually defeat all the mutants. Eventually the mutants overrun the Clear Sky base and wipe them all out.   
       Really? I managed to hold off all the mutants when I did that quest. Did I break it?    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #3776
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
       Really? I managed to hold off all the mutants when I did that quest. Did I break it?    
       You sure it wasn't a different quest? The mutants are near invincible and kill you in one-two hits regardless of your health and armor   

Edited:

I think you're talking about the Clear Sky mutant wave in the tunnel in Jupiter. This is a different area    Army Warehouses   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #3777
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    Yeah the one at Jupiter was easy. The one at    Army Warehoues    was VERY hard in comparison.

18. Post #3778
    December 2010
    2,501 Posts
       You sure it wasn't a different quest? The mutants are near invincible and kill you in one-two hits regardless of your health and armor   

Edited:

I think you're talking about the Clear Sky mutant wave in the tunnel in Jupiter. This is a different area    Army Warehouses   
    Oh, yeah, I mean the one in Jupiter. The mod seems fond of sending huge, annoying waves of mutants at you.

19. Post #3779
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,191 Posts
    You guys talking about Clear Sky?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

20. Post #3780
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    You guys talking about Clear Sky?
    COP - SGM 2.1

Edited:

Oh, yeah, I mean the one in Jupiter. The mod seems fond of sending huge, annoying waves of mutants at you.

Wait till you reach the main Dawn base and it's Mutant rampage.

21. Post #3781
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,650 Posts
    So there's a load of dudes at Jupiter in SGM 2.1 and they all seem capable of surviving numerous AK and shotgun rounds to the forehead. At first I figured they were some of the dreaded Alpha Squads, but I recently took down two squads without as much trouble as these guys are giving me.

Who the fuck are they and why are they capable of surviving such ridiculous things?

22. Post #3782
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    So there's a load of dudes at Jupiter in SGM 2.1 and they all seem capable of surviving numerous AK and shotgun rounds to the forehead. At first I figured they were some of the dreaded Alpha Squads, but I recently took down two squads without as much trouble as these guys are giving me.

Who the fuck are they and why are they capable of surviving such ridiculous things?
    What faction are they? Remember the squads get stronger as you go along, the Alpha Vet's and such have much stronger resistance's. Renegades are bullet sponges too. Never seen any in Jupiter though.

23. Post #3783
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,650 Posts
    What faction are they? Remember the squads get stronger as you go along, the Alpha Vet's and such have much stronger resistance's. Renegades are bullet sponges too. Never seen any in Jupiter though.
    It was my first act to go to Yanov. I decided to go to Jupiter for the important documents the Ecologists wanted, and so I could smash Skull's face in and take his shit. Then I see these dudes in loads of different uniforms all hovering around the right side of the plant, where the fine tools normally are. One of them walks up to me, calls me a retard and tells me to leave, and I decide "fuck this guy imma shoot him in the face"

Point-blank shotgun blast to the brain, and he turns around and one-shots me whilst his buddies start spamming grenades. 90% of them were in exoskeletons.

I don't know if they were a higher rank than I was meant to be or what. They just absorbed bullets and grenades.

24. Post #3784
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,539 Posts
    It was my first act to go to Yanov. I decided to go to Jupiter for the important documents the Ecologists wanted, and so I could smash Skull's face in and take his shit. Then I see these dudes in loads of different uniforms all hovering around the right side of the plant, where the fine tools normally are. One of them walks up to me, calls me a retard and tells me to leave, and I decide "fuck this guy imma shoot him in the face"

Point-blank shotgun blast to the brain, and he turns around and one-shots me whilst his buddies start spamming grenades. 90% of them were in exoskeletons.

I don't know if they were a higher rank than I was meant to be or what. They just absorbed bullets and grenades.
    That's the merc base, isn't it? I don't think you're meant to kill them. At some point in the main quest line you should get a merc suit and a mission that requires it (if 2.1 is like 2.0), and you can find the password for the merc base, which opens up new quests (of questionable quality) and another trader with some really good weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #3785
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,650 Posts
    That's the merc base, isn't it? I don't think you're meant to kill them. At some point in the main quest line you should get a merc suit and a mission that requires it (if 2.1 is like 2.0), and you can find the password for the merc base, which opens up new quests (of questionable quality) and another trader with some really good weapons.
    wait seriously

fuck I hope I didn't survive after I got them shooting at me

26. Post #3786
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    Balls. I ended up shooting at them when grabbing the    books of wisdom.    Doh.

27. Post #3787
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,191 Posts
    Just finished CoP, feels great man..

I still have some unfinished businesses back there..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

28. Post #3788
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,620 Posts
    seriously does no one know what this god damn shit is?
    Expression : assertion failed
    Function : HUD_SOUND_COLLECTION::LoadSound
    File : E:\priquel\sources\engine\xrGame\HudSound.cpp
    Line : 184
    Description : NULL==FindSoundItem(alias, false)
    OH FUCK POSTED WRONG THING FUCK

fixed it

29. Post #3789
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    seriously does no one know what this god damn shit is?
    Isn't that the bird that can imitate any noise? (Can't use sound as don't want to wake up girlfriend asleep next me - She gets cranky as hell when woken up...)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #3790
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,393 Posts
    HELLO YES.
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS SHIT MEANS

Seriously, it's stopping me from playing TFW because i constantly crash when i'm in garbage, which if you've played TFW, you would know that its basically the central hub of the zone in TFW.

It's getting really annoying.
    Are you using my mod? I've only seen that happen in my mod, I have no idea what causes it. I got it for a while trying to get to the Freedom base then it suddenly just stopped.

31. Post #3791
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,650 Posts
    Isn't that the bird that can imitate any noise? (Can't use sound as don't want to wake up girlfriend asleep next me - She gets cranky as hell when woken up...)
    if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna get a chorus of those lyebirds, and they're gonna sing the Super Mario 2 themesong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3792
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,620 Posts
    oh fuck posted the wrong shit.
    damn copy paste
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #3793
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna get a chorus of those lyebirds, and they're gonna sing the Super Mario 2 themesong
    Now that I would LOVE to see.

Edited:

oh fuck posted the wrong shit.
    damn copy paste
    Smooth.

34. Post #3794
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,620 Posts
    Are you using my mod? I've only seen that happen in my mod, I have no idea what causes it. I got it for a while trying to get to the Freedom base then it suddenly just stopped.
    its annoying because of the fact that it HAS to be in the garbage and not the red forest or something.
    oh thanks for breaking the automerge
    you
    you
    DOUBLE BANDIT

35. Post #3795
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    DUN DUN DUN!!!!!

36. Post #3796
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    its annoying because of the fact that it HAS to be in the garbage and not the red forest or something.
    oh thanks for breaking the automerge
    you
    you
    DOUBLE BANDIT
    such language

37. Post #3797
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    Just makes you feel sick huh.

And mucking around with the Mercs in Agro is so mean. Just farming them for weapons and cash. 140KG's of spare weapons sure does give a lot of spare parts, and quite a bit of cash at times. Just need 4 more Special Artifacts. (Can't remember the name of the one I use) and I'll be able to carry a good 350KG.

38. Post #3798
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    19,857 Posts
    Got bored, so figured i'd make a tweak package for Redux, plus make a few mods compatible with it. They'll each be standalone.

- Atmosfear 3 (plus my modified draw distances for it as optional)
    - No NVG loop sound (drives me absolutely mental after a while)
    - Make Snag recognise Nimble's new weapons
    - Maybe add text to ammunition icons to make them more immediately differentiable (e.g. 5.56 FMJ, AP, Tracer)
    - Modified Gnomuss scopes (modified as in make them take up most of the screen rather than the tiny thing they are by default. iirc LURK does that)
    - Maybe have a little play around with the upgrades system (something unique)
    - Add clearer information to weapons descriptions about their true characteristics like in LURK. (Because either the bars are wrong, or every single pistol is less accurate, and all 9x19mm ones, are completely inferior to the personal Makarov)
    - Modified dynamic helmet HUD (modified as in takes up less of the screen and no thing in the middle of the screen for the respirator (as that's just silly))

Might make a few more changes, but for the moment this is my current plan for something to do in my free time when I have a little extra motivation to do something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

39. Post #3799
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,091 Posts
    It is all pretty much cosmetic editing. I think adding brand new content is the way to go. That I would definitely use.

40. Post #3800
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Got bored, so figured i'd make a few tweaks to Redux, plus make a few mods compatible with it

- Atmosfear 3 (plus my modified draw distances for it as optional)
    - No NVG loop sound (drives me absolutely mental after a while)
    - Make Snag recognise Nimble's new weapons
    - Maybe add text to ammunition icons to make them more immediately differentiable (e.g. 5.56 FMJ, AP, Tracer)
    - Modified Gnomuss scopes (modified as in make them take up most of the screen rather than the tiny thing they are by default. iirc LURK does that)
    - Maybe have a little play around with the upgrades system (something unique)
    - Add clearer information to weapons descriptions about their true characteristics like in LURK

Might make a few more changes, but for the moment this is my current plan for something to do in my free time when I have a little extra motivation to do something.
    If upgrade systems could be modified, one solution would be making them more expensive and not as effective.

Example:
    An upgrade to a Sunrise suit that adds 10 armour costs like 1700 in vanilla.
    Said upgrade costs 8900 in Redux and adds 2-4 armour. Also requires basic and fine tools for vanilla basic upgrades and calibration for fine/calibration vanilla upgrades.

This would make them a lot more valuable where you should hunt artefacts and actually do work for every single upgrade. Plus, once you finally finished the suit, it wouldn't give you a huge advantage but it would be worth something and you wouldn't want to throw that suit away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events