"Kubrick films are unique. But if you don't like them, then it's okay"

that's a really useful opinion.
    not useful =/= empty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #7722
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    if you guys are fine with calling everything overrated and "too deep" then you have issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #7723
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,450 Posts
    I don't watch movies

I feel bad :(
    Don't, movie enthusiasts are just as bad as music enthusiasts.

Just look at AK'z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #7724
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    "Kubrick films are unique. But if you don't like them, then it's okay"

that's a really useful opinion.
    There really is no such thing as a useful opinion, besides even if there was there is a difference between an empty opinion and a useful one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events

5. Post #7725
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,450 Posts
    if you guys are fine with calling everything overrated and "too deep" then you have issues.
    You're the one who said that 2001 was too deep for Gman?

I said nothing about the movie being overrated?

Making up shit again...

6. Post #7726
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    No one here except you has said that a film is too deep, just so you know that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7727
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    There really is no such thing as a useful opinion, besides even if there was there is a difference between an empty opinion and a useful one.
    Not necessarily.
    Opinions give a point of view from a person, things that are useless can be kept to yourself. Everyone has a right to judge movies, but it's dumb to moan about menial things that make you come across as pretty simple-minded.

8. Post #7728
    meow
    Dennab
    February 2012
    3,083 Posts
    I'd never call anything "too deep" because I dont see depth as a viable point when judging a movie.

9. Post #7729
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,450 Posts
    Not necessarily.
    Opinions give a point of view from a person, things that are useless can be kept to yourself. Everyone has a right to judge movies, but it's dumb to moan about menial things that make you come across as pretty simple-minded.
    So, giving the opinion that you don't like a movie for certain reasons is dumb?

10. Post #7730
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    I'd never call anything "too deep" because I dont see depth as a viable point when judging a movie.
    there's nothing wrong with calling something too deep, but at least do it with meaning.

I'm fairly sure Eraserhead is too deep for me, but I still enjoy it.

11. Post #7731
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Not necessarily.
    You fully realise that is you inflicting an attempt to objectively measure a subjective entity right? and you were the one who started moaning about 2001 being too deep for Gman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events

12. Post #7732
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,450 Posts
    You're quite hilarious AK'z.

Really.

13. Post #7733
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    and you were the one who started moaning about 2001 being too deep for Gman.
    All I said was that at least he accepts he knows it's too deep for him. What's wrong with that?

the words "avant-garde" are used to describe those feelings. What's there else to say?

Edited:

You're quite hilarious AK'z.

Really.
    these Saturday fight to the deaths are quite fun.

14. Post #7734
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,519 Posts
    suddenly filmfags
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #7735
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    Don't, movie enthusiasts are just as bad as music enthusiasts.

Just look at AK'z
    And they can get as great as me.

Edited:

suddenly filmfags
    Suddenly leather pirate outfits without ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #7736
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    9,709 Posts
    primer is the best movie ever hands down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

17. Post #7737
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    There's the fucking problem, never ever use a radio for music, ever, not a single station is worth listening to except Rock.fm
    um coast102 bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #7738
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    Uwe Boll is my favourite director, all of his movies are just masterpieces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #7739
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    there's nothing wrong with calling something too deep, but at least do it with meaning.

I'm fairly sure Eraserhead is too deep for me, but I still enjoy it.
    begotten>eraserhead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #7740
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,605 Posts
    General honest opinion on Rise Against here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #7741
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,519 Posts

Usually, I don't mind them

22. Post #7742
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    Who?

23. Post #7743
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,027 Posts
    its pop punk franke you should know it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #7744
    February 2010
    16,262 Posts
    There's the fucking problem, never ever use a radio for music, ever, not a single station is worth listening to except Rock.fm
    I found loads of decent Dubstep through late night Radio 1 :<

25. Post #7745
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    bad liar or I'm amazed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #7746
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    its pop punk franke you should know it
    What?

Just kidding, I have heard the name but never actually heard a song by them.

27. Post #7747
    January 2010
    9,777 Posts
    They're mediocre. They have a handful of decent songs, but overall it's just generic pop punk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #7748
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    generic. You could do worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

29. Post #7749
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,700 Posts
    begotten>eraserhead
    I'll see it.

Can't be that fucked up..

30. Post #7750
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Well my friend and I didn't place at the Future Business Leaders competition. Our projector wouldn't work with my laptop for some reason, we think it was a short in the dongle but we don't know. We lost roughly twenty or more points because we went over the set-up time limit greatly. The rest of our project actually went by smooth, we remember everything we were supposed to say, and kept eye contact with the judges the entire time. I guess it wasn't enough though.

;~;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

31. Post #7751
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    I like movies with a good soundtrack

32. Post #7752
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    Speaking of movies, I saw The Hunger Games in our downtime at conference. It wasn't super great, but it wasn't bad. Maybe if I read the book(s) it would be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #7753
    Hup, 2, 3, 4
    October 2009
    1,452 Posts
    I just heard a song yesterday from my friend, I suppose its old, but its new to me.

I just love the beat

34. Post #7754
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,887 Posts
    Speaking of movies, I saw The Hunger Games in our downtime at conference. It wasn't super great, but it wasn't bad. Maybe if I read the book(s) it would be better.
    I have seen so many girls fangirling about it. Why the hype?

35. Post #7755
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    I have seen so many girls fangirling about it. Why the hype?
    it's a grlllllllllll power love story.

The synopsis is, in a futuristic nation some 74 years ago the people rebelled against the government. It was a long and brutal battle, and in remembrance of the people's transgressions against the government (now called the capitol) one twelve-eighteen year old boy and girl from each of the new nation of Panem's districts will be chosen to take place in a battle to the death. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, has her little sister's name drawn from the random lottery and is chosen for the games. Katniss, who doesn't want her recently turned twelve sister to be slaughtered, volunteers in place of Primrose (her sister). The boy from Katniss' district (district 12) is Peeta Mellark, who once fed her starving family with a piece of bread.

Spoilers begin here:

Fast-forward through several days of Katniss and Peeta heading to the capitol to train and pander for "sponsors" (who can send the tributes in the Games' necessities like food and medicine) and the Games begin. Within the first day of the games, eleven of the tributes are slaughtered. Katniss makes it out of the slaughter and hides for several days, avoiding other tributes.   

Super spoilers begin here:
       Eventually, she forms an alliance with a twelve year old named Rue who is mortally wounded a day or two later. Katniss puts her body to rest by covering it with flowers and singing to her as she dies.

Throughout Peeta and Katniss' pandering to the viewing audience for sponsorship, Peeta announces he has crushed on Katniss for the longest time. So, an idea was planted that these two would be star-crossed lovers forced to fight to the death. In exchange for more views, midway through the games an announcement is made that there will be two victors of the Games if both of them are from the same district. Katniss begins searching for Peeta and eventually begins to play the role and fallin love with him for sponsors and more favors from the audience.

Eventually, Peeta and Katniss are the last tributes standing. The Gamemakers reverse their last decision and proclaim one must kill the other. Katniss grabs very poisonous berries from her pouch and gives half to Peeta. Before the two can commit suicide, the Gamemakers proclaim them both victors. However, Katniss is regarded as a political target for upstaging the Capitol, and even though she received a hero's welcome back in District 12, Peeta realizes she played a false role for audience support. Katniss, however, is unsure of her feelings for Peeta.

tl;dr: girl kicks ass, girl must love someone to win, wins, doesn't know if she actually loves him or not now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

36. Post #7756
    February 2010
    16,262 Posts
    doesn't know if she actually loves him or not now
    Sounds like marriage hehehe.

37. Post #7757
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,375 Posts
    sounds like Battle Royale but I know it won't be as good cos it's like a 12 or something isn't it lol so there's just no way it could be good also hear there's a lot of shaky cam which is 100% terrible most of the time

im not gonna see it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #7758
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    sounds like Battle Royale but I know it won't be as good cos it's like a 12 or something isn't it lol so there's just no way it could be good also hear there's a lot of shaky cam which is 100% terrible most of the time
    what

39. Post #7759
    February 2010
    16,262 Posts
    It's common knowledge that Battle Royale > Hunger Games anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #7760
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,375 Posts
    if its got a 12 rating attempting to be as violent as its supposed to be (it might be a 15 tho) they'll have to filter so much shit out of it also a shitty strong woman main character and loads of shaky cam make it is impossible to be good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)