1. Post #3121
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,963 Posts
    Oh no they changed the name of the type its ruined
    The 3601 will be slowed down to make it a heavy, atleast the medium version can flank to not ding with the 88. It'll be a T1H one tier higher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #3122
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,152 Posts
    3601 will be a pretty shitty heavy unless they give it something better than the short 88 at tier 6
    It's really just a name change. I don't see why people say it WOULD or WILL be a shitty heavy. It pretty much is a heavy.

Edited:

The 3601 will be slowed down to make it a heavy, atleast the medium version can flank to not ding with the 88. It'll be a T1H one tier higher.
    Okay now I see why you say that. I think it could retain its speed as a heavy tank (maybe a SLIGHT decrease, I grinded it with just the stock engine so I'm just going to assume it goes a bit faster)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3123
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,026 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: El Halluf Friday, February 24, 2012 4:21:14 PM
    Vehicle: KV-5
    Experience received: 2,470
    Credits received: 134,299
    Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Scout, Master Gunner, Reaper, Boelter's Medal, Sniper

No comment. Our team tried to give me the last kill, so I'd be up to 10, but an artillery took it from me. Oh well. All 'dese medals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

4. Post #3124
    April 2011
    2,801 Posts
    Some stupid ass bastard in A KV-5 the last round I was in started shooting and ramming everyone when the round started and he got mad when he got lit up.

5. Post #3125
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,183 Posts
    I have never actually seen anyone use the KV-5 to its full potential. They usually sit around like ducks and do nothing to cover their R2D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #3126
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,026 Posts
    I have never actually seen anyone use the KV-5 to its full potential. They usually sit around like ducks and do nothing to cover their R2D2.
    It's an amazing tank. It's back is well armored, it's got good speed and can keep the regulator on pretty much all game. The gun doesn't have great penetration - but if you're smart enough to aim it, it does good damage. Has higher DPM than the Lowe, better armor, faster top speed, no frontal engine bullshit. I just love mine.

The weak-spot is super easy to cover - just keep moving/turning or literally angle your tank 45 degrees AWAY from the enemy to cover the mini-turret with your big turret. Works every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #3127
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,694 Posts
    Just had a forced draw match on Erlenberg because there was too much t8 arty and anybody who moved out was one shotted (well more like 4 shotted but they all landed pretty much at the same time)

Half of my IS-7's health was taken out because two arty rounds hit the opposite side of the building and did that much splash damage. Remember kids, arty prevents camping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #3128
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,968 Posts
    Just had a forced draw match on Erlenberg because there was too much t8 arty and anybody who moved out was one shotted (well more like 4 shotted but they all landed pretty much at the same time)

Half of my IS-7's health was taken out because two arty rounds hit the opposite side of the building and did that much splash damage. Remember kids, arty prevents camping
    I felt like an arty player when I missed with the 152 on my KV hit the ground and took someone down to < 50%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #3129
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,183 Posts
    It's an amazing tank. It's back is well armored, it's got good speed and can keep the regulator on pretty much all game. The gun doesn't have great penetration - but if you're smart enough to aim it, it does good damage. Has higher DPM than the Lowe, better armor, faster top speed, no frontal engine bullshit. I just love mine.

The weak-spot is super easy to cover - just keep moving/turning or literally angle your tank 45 degrees AWAY from the enemy to cover the mini-turret with your big turret. Works every time.
    I thought the rear was the least armored part of that tank, though. I specifically remember getting around to the rear of the tank in my 13/90 to guarantee six penetrations without fiddling around aiming for the miniturret.

10. Post #3130
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,963 Posts
    I felt like an arty player when I missed with the 152 on my KV hit the ground and took someone down to < 50%.
    I felt like an arty player when I blasted an AMX 50B from 400+ metres into his side with the E-100's 150mm HE and it did like 1050 damage. Silly french cardboard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #3131
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,026 Posts
    I thought the rear was the least armored part of that tank, though. I specifically remember getting around to the rear of the tank in my 13/90 to guarantee six penetrations without fiddling around aiming for the miniturret.
    Mini-turret (seems) to have less armor than the rear. Not the actual rear, but the back-side of the tank is what I'm referring to.

12. Post #3132
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,146 Posts
    Nice, just had a game where we lost because all our TD's and everyone else left our base, even though it was just me and a KV3 on 1 side of the map out numbered. They could have covered us and easily killed the medium tanks but no, they drove off into the desert and left the base completley empty..

Super.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #3133
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,963 Posts
    http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...e-overpowered/
    ok so i was in one of those shit matches with my M3 lee and ther was a tiger with 33% left a tiger P in our team shot but it bounced off than i shot on its front (with m3 lee) en i shot of 22%. so M3 lee is overpowered i think or did that tiger just sucked as hell??
    all of my whys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #3134
    January 2009
    110 Posts
    So i was gonna ask if the kv-5 was actually worth it or not. I think i'd really enjoy it just not sure if its really worth $35. Seen to many ppl says its great and too many say its crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

15. Post #3135
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,963 Posts
    So i was gonna ask if the kv-5 was actually worth it or not. I think i'd really enjoy it just not sure if its really worth $35. Seen to many ppl says its great and too many say its crap.
    I'd wait for the IS-6 (ETA 5 months) instead of buying the KV-5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #3136
    January 2009
    110 Posts
    Hrm, IS-6 you say
    I'll have to make due with my T14.

17. Post #3137
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,026 Posts
    Depends on how much disposable money you have. I find it a lot of fun, more reliable than my Lowe and generally quite good at printing silver.

18. Post #3138
    January 2009
    110 Posts
    Depends on how much disposable money you have. I find it a lot of fun, more reliable than my Lowe and generally quite good at printing silver.
    Thats what im thinking, could really use a good credit maker

19. Post #3139
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,152 Posts
    I enjoy my T59 for credit making over the KV-5 and Lowe which I used in the Common Test of 7.1

Mainly because I prefer medium tanks over Heavy tanks for the most part

Edited:

Plus, you know, 40k for a loss ain't that bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #3140
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,963 Posts
    According to SerB, tier 5-9 TDs will get reduced profitability in 7.2
    Q: at what levels will be reduced yields TD? how many% will be reduced profitability?

A: From 5 to 9 level. The changes are different for different machines, from -3% to -8%.
    Just4fun, your credit printing Jagdtiger is gonna get nerfed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #3141
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,842 Posts
    Yay my 704 will be even more useless! Thanks SerB!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

22. Post #3142
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,183 Posts
    I enjoy my T59 for credit making over the KV-5 and Lowe which I used in the Common Test of 7.1

Mainly because I prefer medium tanks over Heavy tanks for the most part

Edited:

Plus, you know, 40k for a loss ain't that bad
    It is almost too stupidly forgiving of driver error though, with its playstyle being "front towards enemy"

I just got 950XP (nonprem) playing with one hand and chatting in steam overlay the entire game, which would be an impossible feat in any other tank aside from lower tier frenchies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3143
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,152 Posts
    It is almost too stupidly forgiving of driver error though, with its playstyle being "front towards enemy"

I just got 950XP (nonprem) playing with one hand and chatting in steam overlay the entire game, which would be an impossible feat in any other tank aside from lower tier frenchies

This is true, and when you're good at it it's pretty terrifying.

Edited:

Wow, shit.

24. Post #3144
    November 2010
    5,544 Posts
    Yay my 704 will be even more useless! Thanks SerB!
    Everybody knows the 704 is OP.

It's not like it's a slow piece of shit that dings nothing while missing everything with its terrible accuracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3145
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    935 Posts
    Sometimes I cry at the matchmaking but this time I laughed really hard at it. Just got into a Tier 5 match with my IS, I was top of the board and there were like one or two Tier 6 as well. Fucking goofy as hell. Needless to say I won, 5 kills (not impressive at that level), but no one on my team died at all. Kinda cool I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #3146
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,842 Posts
    Everybody knows the 704 is OP.

It's not like it's a slow piece of shit that dings nothing while missing everything with its terrible accuracy.
    For a second there I almost thought you were serious. 4/10 got me to reply

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #3147
    May 2009
    1,195 Posts

Really? I lose almost 15k per match in my Ferdinand and he still going to reduce the income? bleeding money ftw...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #3148
    April 2011
    2,801 Posts

WHAT!

I cant even make bloody profit due to ammo costs now. I can kill several tanks in a round and still have to use every bit of money on repairs and ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #3149
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,574 Posts
    So I'm downloading the client now, and I have no idea about tanks at ALL. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good starting tank or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #3150
    So I'm downloading the client now, and I have no idea about tanks at ALL. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good starting tank or something?
    I only had a very basic understanding of tank combat when I first started, and I'm doing great. Go down the Soviet heavy line. (Use the Ms-1 tank and get enough XP to get the T26. Go all the way down that line. The first heavy tank is in that line, and it's really easy to play. Very forgiving if you make a mistake, and all it's guns will teach you the differences in different types of guns in the game. You should also go down the American Tank destroyer line.

Edited:

If you're on the US server you can try joining the FP clan, if you're on the EU, you can join the FPEU clan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #3151
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,152 Posts
    I only had a very basic understanding of tank combat when I first started, and I'm doing great. Go down the Soviet heavy line. (Use the Ms-1 tank and get enough XP to get the T26. Go all the way down that line. The first heavy tank is in that line, and it's really easy to play. Very forgiving if you make a mistake, and all it's guns will teach you the differences in different types of guns in the game. You should also go down the American Tank destroyer line.
    Pretty much this; the Russian tanks are the most forgiving (except the TDs) in my opinion.
    Russian heavies and American TDs / Mediums are the way to go.

32. Post #3152
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    So the tiger P is pretty much fucking invulnerable to a fully upgraded tiger from the front

How the fuck is that fair

33. Post #3153
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,903 Posts
    So the tiger P is pretty much fucking invulnerable to a fully upgraded tiger from the front

I usually aim for the turret, instead of the body. You could try shooting the little tread flaps in the front of the Tiger P. I never tried it, but I take considerable damage from it in some cases when I use my Tiger P in battle.

34. Post #3154
    March 2010
    4,000 Posts

Finally finished the grind to my T95, I've been playing American tanks exclusively until now (except for my T-50). Green = tanks I currently own.

Where to from here?

35. Post #3155
    November 2010
    1,692 Posts

So are they just going to nerf profitability on everything until the only way to have enough money is to have a premium?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #3156
    November 2010
    5,737 Posts

turret/lower hull, and you're good, you can get those with a 110 pen or so easily
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

37. Post #3157
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    I got off 5 shots with the long 88. 3 bounced top hull, 1 bounced lower hull, last bounced turret

38. Post #3158
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,046 Posts
    I got off 5 shots with the long 88. 3 bounced top hull, 1 bounced lower hull, last bounced turret
    The Tiger P has a lot of frontal weaknesses, I think you just had very bad luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3159
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,026 Posts
    Finally finished the grind to my T95, I've been playing American tanks exclusively until now (except for my T-50).
    Insanely jealous. How does the T28 fair? My T25 AT seems pretty solid and I like the damage the big gun puts out, but it's front armor is just so pathetic.

40. Post #3160
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    The Tiger P has a lot of frontal weaknesses, I think you just had very bad luck.

It still seems unfair given that the tiger P can pen me at any part of my frontal armor

Why the hell is the tiger a tier 7 anyway? It doesn't have the armor for this shit.