November 2009
    7,322 Posts
    WE KNOW THEIR SECRET

GET THE SHAMWOW SHELLS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #8442
    November 2010
    2,262 Posts
    Yeah, who gives a fuck? You're still making money aren't you? If it was a tank you worked hard to get which possibly got nerfed, perhaps I'd have a grain of sympathy.
    Way to be an ass, bro. Though I suppose it's my fault for trying to have a discussion about something in this thread.

Edited:

10% extra engine power?

You've been using gold oil?
    Speed governor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

3. Post #8443
    Way to be an ass, bro. Though I suppose it's my fault for trying to have a discussion about something in this thread.
    Everybody here hates type 59's and artillery. Don't talk about them positively here, or at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #8444
    November 2010
    2,262 Posts
    Everybody here hates type 59's and artillery. Don't talk about them positively here, or at all.
    The type 59 is nothing more or less than a decent tank that got more flak than it deserves due to whiny bitches not being able to figure out how to play against one.
    There.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

5. Post #8445
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,135 Posts
    People think aiming for the T59's hull is what to do

They would be wrong. And thus they complain on it being OP when really it's easy to kill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #8446
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,514 Posts

Im calling Tank Protective Services
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #8447
    April 2011
    2,791 Posts

They would be wrong. And thus they complain on it being OP when really it's easy to kill.
    It isn't as bad as it used to be, I remember when they first became available, MM was pretty fucked for a while (not that it was really great to begin with). It was not a good time to be Tier 5 or 6 (barring the KV).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8448
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    7,776 Posts
    The type 59 is nothing more or less than a decent tank that got more flak than it deserves due to whiny bitches not being able to figure out how to play against one.
    There.
    Firstly, I know my way around a Type 59. Secondly, you're complaining about problems with the Type 59 that are well known and common. You just seem to have been really lucky in the past.

Edited:

it has five ammoracks!

9. Post #8449
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,135 Posts
    I got buttfucked in my T59 by three KVs with the 152.

If they can do it, so can you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #8450
    November 2010
    2,262 Posts

Well actually the hull armor is only 100mm, the thing is it's at distances that front armor will be at such a flat angle that coupled with the 200mm front turret armor you need a 200mm pen cannon to have a hope of penning it in the front.
    I'd just like to point out here that the tier 7 tigers 88mm L71 has 203 penetration.
    However when it gets close that angle is reduced a lot, especially for heavies who have their gun mounted rather high. At this point hitting it in the hull is almost a guaranteed penetration for any non stock tier 7 tank.
    Plus anyone with a bit of sense would try to track the oncoming type at a distance so it turns around and exposes it's weak side with HUGE ammo rack zones.
    Furthermore it has a giant weak cupola and a slow low damage gun for its tier.

Anyone who says the type 59 is op is a crap player and a whiny bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #8451
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,845 Posts
    Well actually the hull armor is only 100mm, the thing is it's at distances that front armor will be at such a flat angle that coupled with the 200mm front turret armor you need a 200mm pen cannon to have a hope of penning it in the front.
    I'd just like to point out here that the tier 7 tigers 88mm L71 has 203 penetration.
    However when it gets close that angle is reduced a lot, especially for heavies who have their gun mounted rather high. At this point hitting it in the hull is almost a guaranteed penetration for any non stock tier 7 tank.
    Plus anyone with a bit of sense would try to track the oncoming type at a distance so it turns around and exposes it's weak side with HUGE ammo rack zones.

Anyone who says the type 59 is op is a crap player and a whiny bitch.
    It's OP for a premium tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

12. Post #8452
    March 2009
    216 Posts
    Matched against 5 T34s, on my KV-3.
    I'm killed in 3 shots, except I received more then 20. My KV-3 dinged a point-blank shot from a T34.

I love this tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

13. Post #8453
    The type 59 is good at owning tanks that are a lower tier than it, but it sucks taking on tanks within it's own tier. 1v1 any tank in tier 8 will destroy a type 59 with relative ease. But because of it's t54 style sloped armor it can't be penned by tiers lower than it. It really doesn't belong in the game at all. It can't take on tanks of it's own tier or above, but annihilates all tanks below it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #8454
    November 2010
    2,262 Posts
    It's OP for a premium tank
    I'm not sure I agree but I'll buy that argument. I would like to argue some about the balance of the KV-5 here to defend the type but I've not played one and I haven't looked at any statistics so I'll drop this for now.

Edited:

The type 59 is good at owning tanks that are a lower tier than it, but it sucks taking on tanks within it's own tier. 1v1 any tank in tier 8 will destroy a type 59 with relative ease. But because of it's t54 style sloped armor it can't be penned by tiers lower than it. It really doesn't belong in the game at all. It can't take on tanks of it's own tier or above, but annihilates all tanks below it.
    How is the KV-5 or even Lwe any different in that argument?
    KV-5 has such armor that lower tiers don't stand a chance (yes I know about the weakspot, that can easily be covered and is somewhat difficult to hit at range) but it's lackluster gun and aforementioned weakspot means any tier 8 heavy will own it's ass.
    Anyways as I said I haven't played one so take that with a truckload of salt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #8455
    April 2010
    7,776 Posts
    A Lowe or T34 with a competent driver is competitive against other tier 8s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #8456
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,856 Posts
    I made a tutorial thingy

I just tried this in my King Tiger, I didn't move, but just sat peeking around the corner this way. A T34 and some other smaller tank were corner peeking across the western part on Ruinburg. Shooting at me, hitting me every hit. They only disabled my track a few times, which I didn't mind, and the rest of the shots bounced. I took 24 hits and had about 4/5 health left, and got Steel Wall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #8457
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

You're going to shoot at the perfectly rounded 200mm turret armor?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #8458
    How is the KV-5 or even Lwe any different in that argument?
    KV-5 has such armor that lower tiers don't stand a chance (yes I know about the weakspot, that can easily be covered and is somewhat difficult to hit at range) but it's lackluster gun and aforementioned weakspot means any tier 8 heavy will own it's ass.
    Anyways as I said I haven't played one so take that with a truckload of salt.
    KV-5 has a massive amount of armor, but a massive weak spot. Ontop of that it is heavily undergunned for it's tier, the 107 is on the T5 KV (should be a T6 gun IMO). Because of that, it has to aim at weak spots almost all the time if it wants to penn. It's gun isn't that accurate either, so it can't do long range combat all that well, making it a close range brawler heavy.
    The Lowe has a massive gun, but can't maneuver well, and doesn't have enough armor to sustain close range combat. It's a sniper heavy with a massive, easily penned, lower glacis.

The type 59 has little armor, decent slopes, terrible gun, meh speed, meh maneuverability. For T8 fighting T8's-10's it's bad, for owning T6's and T7's, it's incredible.

19. Post #8459
    April 2010
    7,776 Posts
    I made a tutorial thingy

Okay, I think this tactic is most effective if your side armor is at least 100mm. In a T110 for example, with 76mm side armor and a massively sloped 254mm upper glacis(glasses if you're Karbine), you're pretty much better off facing forward at an angle. It's also a rather short tank, so the angle difference wouldn't be that significant.

20. Post #8460
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,135 Posts
    You're going to shoot at the perfectly rounded 200mm turret armor?
    hit the lower rear of the turret, it's almost 90 degrees when you look at it
    Boom, almost guaranteed rack damage

or you know why the hell not take out the gun or damage it??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #8461
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    hit the lower rear of the turret, it's almost 90 degrees when you look at it
    Boom, almost guaranteed rack damage

or you know why the hell not take out the gun or damage it??

yes I always get to the rear of enemy medium tanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #8462
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,558 Posts
    The Type 59 is glorious pls don't talk bad about my baby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #8463
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,135 Posts
    yes I always get to the rear of enemy medium tanks
    It's not even that hard. Take advantage of the fact 90% of them are absolute morons.

Even more so hit them in the rear side / rear armor. The T59 is not that hard to kill.

or like I said you can always shoot the gun itself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

24. Post #8464
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    655 Posts
    What? that's a joke, right? as a T-44, pershing and lorraine driver i kill T-44's, pershings, lorraines and especially panther 2's all day in my type. In the end it all comes down to the driver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #8465
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,689 Posts
    so much hate

save it for the pubbie retards

26. Post #8466
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,515 Posts
    Heh, probably because it's closed beta, but World of Warplanes is kind of... not very good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #8467
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,896 Posts
    Is it just me or are there a lot more retarded people playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #8468
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,837 Posts
    Heh, probably because it's closed beta, but World of Warplanes is kind of... not very good.
    Closed alpha. ALPHA. Why can nobody get that right.

Edited:

Goon, Darkest and I followed a Hellcat like we were little ducklings.

D'awww
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Funny Funny x 4 (list)

29. Post #8469
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,856 Posts
    1 Arty round takes you all out because of your fucking convertible tanks, with your wavy flowing hair in the wind and 90's dance music blaring over the speakers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #8470
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,837 Posts
    ]

Hidden feature of 7.2, tank levitation.

GJ wargayming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #8471
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    293 Posts
    Is it just me or are there a lot more retarded people playing?
    Every patch the players get worse. And oh my jesus I just got the hellcat and it's 20 tons of fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #8472
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,721 Posts
    I think with that tactic you will get tracked then slowly eaten.

Might just be me though.
    Nope, I learned to do this while driving the KT, and it only gets more effective at higher tiers. An E-100 or Maus doing this is the equivalent of going hull down with American heavies/T30.
    There.
    Disagree, but I'll get to that.
    I have the Type 59 and this is exactly how I feel about it. Against tier 8 and above it sucks hard. I have a Lowe and my buddy has a T34 and though they have more noticable faults than standard tanks, they can still compete at tier 8. Type 59 just can't do it, especially against IS-3s. Jesus fuck is it hard to kill an IS-3 with the Type. Anyway, if WG wanted to scrap them all and give me the gold back, I'd accept that... but only if they're getting rid of all of them.

And while you're at it WG, just drop tier 8 prems altogether and raise income + price of tier 5 prems. /wish that will never happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #8473
    What? that's a joke, right? as a T-44, pershing and lorraine driver i kill T-44's, pershings, lorraines and especially panther 2's all day in my type. In the end it all comes down to the driver.
    in my panther II I ANNIHILATED every type 59 I came across. At one point it was 2v1, I was at half health, and I destroyed the shit out of the Chinese tin cans. It will generally come down to the skill of the drivers, but if 2 equally skilled drivers came against each other, 1 in a 59, other in a PantherII, or pershing, the pershing or Panther II will win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #8474
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,689 Posts
    The game should ban you from SPGs if you prove yourself to absolutely suck with them. The amount of incompetent players who refuse to shoot at anything that isn't spotted and completely in the open pisses me off.

Even more so when there's a bunch of fucking retards who only play spgs to snipe low hp kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #8475
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    655 Posts
    in my panther II I ANNIHILATED every type 59 I came across. At one point it was 2v1, I was at half health, and I destroyed the shit out of the Chinese tin cans. It will generally come down to the skill of the drivers, but if 2 equally skilled drivers came against each other, 1 in a 59, other in a PantherII, or pershing, the pershing or Panther II will win.
    I somewhat doubt that, panther 2 has shit hull and turret turning speed, hovering around that wet toilet paper covered wood box is an easy task for a skilled brawler.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

36. Post #8476
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,689 Posts
    Haha was playing a match on my gw panther when I noticed that our flank got completely decimated. I figured the match was lost and this t95 (who was amongst those slaughtered) started saying the same, but then started saying it was my fault for being such a bad spg player. I tell everybody to stay defensive and we manage to cleanup every tank that decimated our flank and we only lost 2 tanks in return, which evened the scoreboard.

The remainder of the match was well coordinated movements where the team would only push to scout a tank or two when I had a shot loaded. The entire time we were doing this the t95 was saying how we were all terrible players and that we should quit the games etc etc.

In the end we won with 3 tanks (including me) left. The t95 must have really hated me though because he started messaging me after the match.

gen_maddogg*(7:22:42 PM)*lmao almost a year playing & only 3200 battles in . how pathetic you petulent lil infantile egomaniac
    Valdor*(7:22:59 PM)*i actually dont play world of tanks every day
    Valdor*(7:23:05 PM)*believe it or not
    Valdor*(7:23:13 PM)*your stats are pretty sad for somebody with 15k battles
    Valdor*(7:23:13 PM)*though
    Valdor*(7:24:01 PM)*best part is
    Valdor*(7:24:05 PM)*your average xp per battle is lower
    gen_maddogg*(7:24:07 PM)*lol well i started out just running arty but look at my 95 stats . more kills by 83 over games played clowm
    Valdor*(7:24:08 PM)*meaning you actually ARE worse
    Valdor*(7:24:09 PM)*haha
    gen_maddogg*(7:2433 PM)*lmao u suck just face the fact
    I'm sure some of you have had the pleasure of playing with this tard, since he has over 15k battles.

His account, by the way.
    http://worldoftanks.com/community/ac...3-gen_maddogg/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #8477
    April 2010
    7,776 Posts
    If you have less destroyed than battles, then... yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #8478
    I somewhat doubt that, panther 2 has shit hull and turret turning speed, hovering around that wet toilet paper covered wood box is an easy task for a skilled brawler.
    Its armor isn't that bad, but it's L/71 will rip through shit, if you peak-aboo-around corners and get them to shoot your tracks before you head out, you can easily take on a pair of idiot tankers.

39. Post #8479
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,689 Posts
    Oh and he put me on his ignore list :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #8480
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    Its armor isn't that bad, but it's L/71 will rip through shit, if you peak-aboo-around corners and get them to shoot your tracks before you head out, you can easily take on a pair of idiot tankers.
    panther 2 needs a size reduction, it's too big. russian fucking bias, they'll reduce russian tanks to historical sizes, but not german ones (unless they're making them bigger)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)