1. Post #8361
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    648 Posts

Oh the irony, it hurts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 6 (list)

2. Post #8362
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,674 Posts
    Matchmaking makes me cry.

Why would my stug be of any use at the bottom of the scoreboard? Can I even hurt an IS-4?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #8363
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,154 Posts
    Matchmaking makes me cry.

Why would my stug be of any use at the bottom of the scoreboard? Can I even hurt an IS-4?
    Maybe if you hit one enough, you can bury it in steel walls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #8364
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    this one StuG on my team when I was in my T59 would NOT stop trying to teamkill me

finally my team had enough of it and offed him

I got steel wall that round
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

5. Post #8365
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,674 Posts
    My games are now resorting to either getting a good team or spending my time laughing at how bad the t9 tanks are who think they're good.

Edited:

I think I may have to take a break.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #8366
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,843 Posts
    So, to kill time soon, I think I'm going to try to make a decent revamp of the tank skins - as opposed to two second bubblegum pink rehashes with MS Paint text.

Current idea I'm toying with is a needless 40k mix. Was thinkin':
    USSR - Orks
    French - Tau
    Germans - Imperial Guard

Don't know what to do for USA. Few friends are pointing at Black Templars, but I'm not a 40k fanatic so I don't know any other good options. USA doesn't seem like the Chaos-y type.

7. Post #8367
    March 2011
    4,906 Posts
    The T49 would be a good tank... If it wasn't screwed over by matchmaking all the time (like all tier 5's).

How am I suppose to do well when my tank has 340 health and a 57mm and I am put up against types and lowes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8368
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,154 Posts
    The T49 would be a good tank... If it wasn't screwed over by matchmaking all the time (like all tier 5's).

How am I suppose to do well when my tank has 340 health and a 57mm and I am put up against types and lowes.
    I like to use mine to kill arty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #8369
    July 2009
    2,312 Posts
    So, to kill time soon, I think I'm going to try to make a decent revamp of the tank skins - as opposed to two second bubblegum pink rehashes with MS Paint text.

USSR - Orks
    French - Tau
    Germans - Imperial Guard

Don't know what to do for USA. Few friends are pointing at Black Templars, but I'm not a 40k fanatic so I don't know any other good options. USA doesn't seem like the Chaos-y type.
    Black Templars is a space marine legion If I recall, anyway. I think they serve well as generic Ultramarines, doctrine fits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #8370
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,765 Posts

lolt110gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #8371
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    20,930 Posts
    If you didn't waste shots on painting pictures onto the maus, you could have destroyed his engine or ammoracked him or killed his crew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #8372
    April 2011
    2,772 Posts
    Did I miss something or did arty get a buff? I haven't really played much since the patch came out, but it seems that splash damage does far more than it used to.

13. Post #8373
    January 2009
    20,930 Posts
    Did I miss something or did arty get a buff? I haven't really played much since the patch came out, but it seems that splash damage does far more than it used to.
    +20% all HE damage in 7.2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #8374
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,199 Posts
    Well their artists are fairly good at rendering the tanks, they just need to render the right ones.
    You wouldn't say that if you saw the first two episodes. I quit watching about the time when you could see light completely in between the turret and the hull. Apparently, Early WWII British tanks had hover-turret technology.

Edited:

USSR - Orks
    French - Tau
    Germans - Imperial Guard

I'd be alright with USA being chaos
    It would fit quite nicely with my 40k voice packs.

15. Post #8375
    April 2011
    2,772 Posts
    +20% all HE damage in 7.2.
    Oh fucking great. Just what I needed.

Its not like the Tiger needs to survive a battle.

Its bad that you can get frontally penetrated by a bloody stock VK 3601 in the thing.

16. Post #8376
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,412 Posts

USSR - Orks
    French - Tau
    Germans - Imperial Guard

What? Make the IG USSR - they have the same tactics!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #8377
    April 2011
    2,772 Posts
    What is the best approach to the T-28?

I am so tired of the Tiger and I desperately want a KV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #8378
    January 2010
    2,710 Posts

God the AMX 40 is painful to drive, but it feels so good when you actually do well. Slowly creeping across the map, and annihilating everything on the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #8379
    January 2009
    20,930 Posts
    What is the best approach to the T-28?

I am so tired of the Tiger and I desperately want a KV.
    Sit back and snipe, flank.

You have no armor and are a huge target, but you are moderately fast and both the 57mm and long 85mm are completely demolishing against the low tiers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

20. Post #8380
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,412 Posts
    And the 85mm is pretty good at killing tier 7s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #8381
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,760 Posts
    I simply can't understand all that hate that the T-43 have gotten, it's a pretty good tank.

This was without premium as always:

Victory!
    Battle: Fisherman's Bay 3. april 2012 09:48:21
    Vehicle: T-43
    Experience received: 2.482 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 30.516
    Battle Achievements: Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker

20K profit on a tier 7, not bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #8382
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Fuck sake, on Komarin our whole team rushes the capzone and caps.. 360xp double. I don't get why people do that crap, you get more if you play the battle normally and lose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #8383
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Don't shoot me or anything guys, but I kind of like the jagdpanzer IV. It's a great assault gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #8384
    January 2009
    20,930 Posts
    Fuck your shit guys I like Lee :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #8385
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,760 Posts
    Don't shoot me or anything guys, but I kind of like the jagdpanzer IV. It's a great assault gun.
    It has massive damage, so if you flank someone, you can kill most enemies before they can react. I liked mine a lot more than my Stug III, because the Stug just had a low damage plinking gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

26. Post #8386
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,287 Posts
    Fuck sake, on Komarin our whole team rushes the capzone and caps.. 360xp double. I don't get why people do that crap, you get more if you play the battle normally and lose.
    Because win/lose ratio is all that matters, duh.

27. Post #8387
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Didn't realize I hadn't regiven my 2801 skills...

Got off-road driving, clutch braking, sixth sense, call for vengeance, designated target, and eagle eye.

Holy shit does this tank go fast now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #8388
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,352 Posts
    is this game good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #8389
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts
    is this game good?
    RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

30. Post #8390
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,807 Posts
    is this game good?
    TURN BACK AND RUN VERY FAR AWAY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #8391
    April 2007
    4,862 Posts
    is this game good?
    It's like playing a chinese WoW Gold farmer. Fun because your brain wants to get to the next level. A sort of self-inflicted torture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #8392
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,674 Posts
    is this game good?
    the game is filled with amazing matches where you carry the team and feel like a god

Edited:

but those only happen after a dozen terrible matches

Edited:

Also guys I think something is wrong with me, I'm enjoying SPGs over my main tanks now. The game is too easy with them and it makes it a lot less stressful, although I'm sure this is only because I've worn myself out on direct combat. I figure it's either this or take a legitimate break from world of tanks, and we all know how hard that is.

33. Post #8393
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,225 Posts
    Does anyone know if the Sixth Sense skill also works if you get spotted by a tank that is invisible to you?

Edited:

Also guys I think something is wrong with me, I'm enjoying SPGs over my main tanks now. The game is too easy with them and it makes it a lot less stressful, although I'm sure this is only because I've worn myself out on direct combat. I figure it's either this or take a legitimate break from world of tanks, and we all know how hard that is.
    Try playing a T92. I lost about 100k trying to get my double, so many retard teams. I can't believe I actually grinded all the way to that piece of shit T92.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #8394
    March 2008
    279 Posts
    Does anyone know if the Sixth Sense skill also works if you get spotted by a tank that is invisible to you?
    It works, saved my ISU ass alot of times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #8395
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,843 Posts
    What? Make the IG USSR - they have the same tactics!
    More because Ruskies have (tank wise) big guns and are look shoddy with messy welding seams and what not. I know historically, infantry and tank wise they just zerg rushed the shit out of everything; but I was bouncing off tank design - like how the French are low health, high damage output monsters.

36. Post #8396
    March 2011
    4,906 Posts
    Its such a shame that some of the best tanks, are the worst to play thanks to matchmaker. Tier 4-6 tanks are generally fun to play, and there is no real "bad" ones. In fact my favorite tanks in the game fall in this bracket. The panzer III, easy 8, Chaffee, vk3001H are all great to drive, but with so many tier 8's they generally get screwed over.

Edited:

More great suggestions from the WOT forums!

Tonight there was an enemy with two allies on its sides. I made a great shot between them and hit the enemy hard, and had 8,000+ credits taken away for splash damage to allies.

That's how arty is supposed to play - or should we just sit there and not shoot if there might be splash damage? How about taking away the deductions if the enemy damage is higher?
    Link

What is this, I don't even.

43% win ratio on a GW panther with 652 battles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #8397
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,580 Posts
    Were SPGs really ever used to target a single vehicle? No

Why can't he be happy that he can play WoT like a Point and Click at all

38. Post #8398
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,261 Posts
    Ten kills, no ammo, cap victory

Of special note is Kolobanov's Medal, the description of which is as follows:
    "Awarded to a player who stands alone against five or more enemy tanks or self-propelled guns and wins."

This was seriously the craziest match I've ever been in. I withstood shelling by two tier 6 artys by carefully abusing cover and covering our cap, forcing them to move in to us. At one point, the GW panther flanked and I had to turn my turret around as he was 10 meters behind me, about to get a good shot in. Again, after that, a T34 rushed me right as the other artillery piece knocked out my gun without a remaining repair kit. With utmost luck, he bounced, and I repaired just in time to smack him with my next to last round (HE!) and finish him off.

Have a replay link, for anyone who wants to watch. I'll put it on youtube later, but right now I'm just laughing my ass off
    http://filesmelt.com/dl/20120402_190...berg.wotreplay
    I got that medal in my IS, IIRC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

39. Post #8399
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,602 Posts
    Its such a shame that some of the best tanks, are the worst to play thanks to matchmaker. Tier 4-6 tanks are generally fun to play, and there is no real "bad" ones. In fact my favorite tanks in the game fall in this bracket. The panzer III, easy 8, Chaffee, vk3001H are all great to drive, but with so many tier 8's they generally get screwed over.

Edited:

More great suggestions from the WOT forums!

Link

What is this, I don't even.

43% win ratio on a GW panther with 652 battles
    To be fair, Chaffee is a scout tank... but yeah, I agree with you overall.

As for this idiot in the GW Panther.... ugh, I have always thought arty that does team damage should pay MORE, not less. My reasoning is that arty gets a better perspective on the battlefield and should know better than to hit allies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #8400
    To be fair, Chaffee is a scout tank... but yeah, I agree with you overall.

As for this idiot in the GW Panther.... ugh, I have always thought arty that does team damage should pay MORE, not less. My reasoning is that arty gets a better perspective on the battlefield and should know better than to hit allies.
    Totally agree, they have the advantage of seeing the battlefield from a satellite view that would make a predator drone jealous. They also get devastatingly large shells that do massive damage, so you'd think they would place their shots more carefully when firing near team mates, or not fire near team mates at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events