1. Post #9441
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    I remember when those icons were first posted

I still want the Brummbar and the French brick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #9442
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    January 2009
    21,489 Posts

My dunk has a heavy tank hull

your post is irrelevant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

3. Post #9443
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    Isn't that the second BDR model thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #9444
    January 2009
    21,489 Posts
    I think I'll get that last 30 eff from my T2 light. It will put down the average tank level (the lower the higher the eff) and it gets a shitload of spots in low tier battles because of its speed.
    Go for capping points.

If I understand this right, 100 capping points have the same value as 43 kills (not counting the points you would get from dealing damage)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #9445
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,151 Posts
    Where are you getting the info?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #9446
    January 2009
    21,489 Posts
    Where are you getting the info?
    I think that generally capping/defending points have unhealthily more weight than damage.

I am trying to look up actual formula, but I can't find it anywhere.

Edited:

I am analyzing the formula a bit. There is actually has very significant influence on the stats.

Edited:

Okay, the formula is painfully simple.

You get points for x of anything done averagely per game.

Enemy destroyed

One point of damage

One spotted enemy

One defense point

One capture point

And from that they subtract "your average tank level" (not sure what that means) * 40. not as simple, but ONLY influences the score from damage and kills
    Just go to the stat calculator and input values which let you analyze it.

Leave everything empty and put 1 into each of the specific stats, and you see the score each of them give you.

I just now actually realized the "tank level stat" works a bit differently than I thought, but actually from what I see it means that it actually doesn't influence your score from caps and spotting at all, only from kills and your damage.

Edited:

So, generally the rule of the efficiency stats:

Want to be have good stats?

Be the cappy scumbag.

Get into a tier 1 or tier 2 and cap as if there was no tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #9447
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,748 Posts
    Oh god my sides, Batshat 155:

And then it rapes your family and shoots your dog with a revolver 155

Edited:

Not sure if late, but still:

fapfapfap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #9448
    January 2009
    21,489 Posts
    I need to get ~20000 capture points without letting my other stats drop a lot and I will be unicum.
    (see lower)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events

9. Post #9449
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,214 Posts
    Will having the IS get you anything in 7.3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #9450
    January 2009
    21,489 Posts
    Actually, that's a bit flawed computation.

IF over the next 200 matches I had either 100% cap OR 100%+ defense, I would be unicum solely from these points.

Thing is that it's nigh impossible I could get 100% of either for whole 200 matches in a row, so that wouldn't do.

But yeah, if you want to pimp your efficiency, just be that one faggot who caps whenever he gets the chance.

Oh and defending also pays off, perhaps even more, because you can get over 100 points of it per match.

Edited:

Will having the IS get you anything in 7.3?
    Yeah.

A feeling of jealousy for all the others who got something extra in the game.

Tanks to have in 7.3:

KV with KV-2 turret

KV-3

IS-4

that's everything.

Edited:

I wish I could code in flash.

With the knowledge I have right now, I could rather easily make interface which would, in real time, tell you how your efficiency rating rises with each your action, with every your shot and kill, and say like "+0.2 points" on hit of enemy tank, and give you summary after the match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #9451
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,446 Posts
    My efficiency is only 777
    Partly because I care more about doing damage and helping the team than stealing kills and rush capping.

Also partly because I used to let my little brother play this account to do some pointless grinds for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #9452
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,418 Posts
    The Churchill is such an OP tank, each match I average about 500xp and 15,000 credits and the MM loves this tank too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #9453
    January 2012
    373 Posts

Chaffee equipped with the AMX-13 turret and gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 4 (list)

14. Post #9454
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    705 Posts
    Japanese Super heavy tank-

I'd buy it if it was a Premium and if it was put ingame

Edit:

Wait what do you get for having an IS?

I have a KV-3,Kv with the KV2 turret and a IS, If i get a tank for every tank, I'll have 3 more

15. Post #9455
    March 2011
    5,048 Posts
    Bit of an off topic question here, but does anyone know the cutoff date for world of war planes, or at least what the published trees display it as?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #9456
    April 2011
    2,853 Posts

It looks horrible imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #9457
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,446 Posts
    I was just playing arctic region with KV-5. I was at the bottom of the south road, defending the hill. I had my ass backed out at an angle so I could hide r2d2 and fire on the T34 and Lowe coming up. T34 gets lucky and sets me on fire. Our IS-3 and I went back up the hill to kill and IS and vk. While Im climbing the hill:
    T34: lol the kv5 was backwards
    me: So you can kiss my ass
    T34: I did, I set you on fire
    me: I know. I liked it
    The IS and friends are disposed of
    T34 and Lowe are now climbing the hill behind us, Im just about dead. I turn around, smash off the speed governor, and double-tap R.
    me: WOAH BABY LIGHT MY FIRE
    I ram the T34 and we both die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #9458
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,330 Posts
    Bought the M41 Oh the humanity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #9459
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    Bought the M41 Oh the humanity.
    Your mistake was buying Artillery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #9460
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #9461
    June 2007
    2,914 Posts

Edit:

Wait what do you get for having an IS?

I have a KV-3,Kv with the KV2 turret and a IS, If i get a tank for every tank, I'll have 3 more

Besides the Experimental and Fantasy tanks that Wargaming will have ingame once the Japanese line comes out, I do not see early tier Japanese tanks being any fun because throughout the war. The Japanese tanks that did see action during WW2 were of extremely low quality when compared to the tanks of the other nations and wouldn't stand a chance in a all-out tank-vs-tank battle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #9462
    January 2010
    2,725 Posts
    Besides the Experimental and Fantasy tanks that Wargaming will have ingame once the Japanese line comes out, I do not see early tier Japanese tanks being any fun because throughout the war. The Japanese tanks that did see action during WW2 were of extremely low quality when compared to the tanks of the other nations and wouldn't a chance in a all-out tank-vs-tank battle.
    But with Warships, oh boy the Japanese will be one of the main lines. I'd like to see their submarine aircraft carriers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #9463
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,711 Posts
    I honestly don't see why WG would bother wasting their time on Japanese tanks, just add the Brits and then put the other nations' tanks in as premiums for some other country.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #9464
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    It looks horrible imo.
    Every WW2 Japanese tank is ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #9465
    I seduce Icelandic boys
    January 2009
    661 Posts
    I was on a nice victory streak in my chaffee, suddenly i start getting shit teams and it brings my average xp down to 700, is it the retards time out today?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

26. Post #9466
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    705 Posts
    Do i need the threads to upgrade my gun past the first non-stock one in a M18 Hellcat?

Edit:

Spent 1m on the 3601 and it looks like garbage...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #9467
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,182 Posts
    I'm eating cereal out of a measuring cup because the dishes are piled up and the biggest worry on my mind is should I spend the 1.3mil on the VK3002DB or save up and get my T28 back since I have enough free XP to instantly get the 120mm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #9468
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,257 Posts
    Besides the Experimental and Fantasy tanks that Wargaming will have ingame once the Japanese line comes out, I do not see early tier Japanese tanks being any fun because throughout the war. The Japanese tanks that did see action during WW2 were of extremely low quality when compared to the tanks of the other nations and wouldn't a chance in a all-out tank-vs-tank battle.
    It'll be interesting to see wargaming try to make japanese tanks not suck total ass

I mean their "penultimate tank destroyer" actually used during the war was a tracked truck with one and a half centimeters of armor and a 76mm antiaircraft gun bolted on top

seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

29. Post #9469
    September 2009
    140 Posts
    I'm eating cereal out of a measuring cup because the dishes are piled up and the biggest worry on my mind is should I spend the 1.3mil on the VK3002DB or save up and get my T28 back since I have enough free XP to instantly get the 120mm.
    I think the 3002DB is still 50% off, so get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events

30. Post #9470
    June 2007
    2,914 Posts
    It'll be interesting to see wargaming try to make japanese tanks not suck total ass

I mean their "penultimate tank destroyer" actually used during the war was a tracked truck with a 76mm gun bolted on top

come on
    Well knowing how Wargaming.net tends to function, they'll probably give some of the Japanese tanks access to modules they didn't have historically and use alot of experimental/paper/fantasy tanks like the O-I, Chi-Ri, and the Type 4 to balance it.

They'll find a way to make the Japanese tanks not suck completely one way or another.

31. Post #9471
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,257 Posts
    About the only thing remotely competitive the Japanese had above Tier 5 was the O-I 100/120t and the Ho-Ri (125mm armored ferdi ripoff with a 105) though

32. Post #9472
    June 2007
    2,914 Posts
    About the only thing remotely competitive the Japanese had above Tier 5 was the O-I 100/120t and the Ho-Ri (125mm armored ferdi ripoff with a 105) though
    Well most Japanese tanks were pretty compact/small, so it'll be easy for them hide behind cover and to conceal themselves. Maybe the Japanese tanks will be the line that has to rely on stealth and ambush tactics to be successful? Problem is that most Japanese tanks that saw action were horribly under-gunned.

33. Post #9473
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,216 Posts
    Japanese tanks are something I would not want to see anytime soon in World of Tanks. Most of their tanks were pathetically low quality stuff, even worse than their Italian counterpart's.

Heck, even something like a Stuart could easily destroy one. WG would have to go to great extents balancing out Japanese tanks and whatnot to make them playable, or possibly make most of them premium only or something.

34. Post #9474
    March 2011
    5,048 Posts
    Well, went searching around and found out that the Japanese tier 9 medium will be the STA-1 (europe world of tanks forum), apparently hinted at by the developers.

First of three prototypes of the type 61 tank. This prototype was completed in 1956
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #9475
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,257 Posts
    Found something cool while searching for japanese tank prototypes though

ASCII tank repository

Code:
                     ,---------、
                     ! U S A ! !
                     `--、,-----"_
                        (:::,、:::))_ヽ   r─.ュ.‐───ュ
                       G(・∀・ )   l()_()l____l
                       ヽ ll`l' ll `ヽ .l l::::::::::::
                    /__,, ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄~/U,─ュ, ̄ ̄'ヘ ̄l
           .==━━━━━━━)__,,ヘ<‐──<<  i:  i 〉‐─‐,〉 .l
                    、oヽ::;ヽ>::::8ゞ::::\, ヽニ,/ソ゚ ゚ ,/_,,」
             ,.-''"  ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ,/エエiエエiエュヽ二二二二二二二二ヽ二ヽ__
        ,__ _,,/~ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄∠_'----------`ヽ   ヽ,/ ゚̄ ゚̄ ゚̄ ゚̄ ゚̄ ̄ヘ
        l (l,,!.             l(,゚l,,!,//~ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄             ヘ
       ,r<.====================<,イ      ゚   ゚   ゚   ゚   ゚   ゚  ,/
       ィ,,_ィ_____________ィ___ィ' rュ  ___。___。___。___。___。__。__,/
      /__,/r rヘ ゚  ゚  ゚c ,r, /__,,/ヽ.~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄~ ̄l
       i!三i!( .(ヘ_______。。( . l!.三.l! :: ,\。_。_。_。_。_。_。_。_。_。_。,l
    .   l!三i!,ゝ_ゝ'────ゝ l!.三.l!-''::γ'ヽ:::γ'ヽ:::γ'ヽ:::γ'ヽ:::γ'ヽ::γ'ヽゝ,_ノ
       ヾ三ヾ:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ヾ,三,ヾ_:::ゝ_,ノ,_,ゝ_,ノ,_,ゝ_,ノ,_,,ゝ_,ノ,_,ゝ_,ノ,_ゝ_,ノ,_ノ
    Switch your webpage encoding to Shift_JIS if it doesn't work

36. Post #9476
    June 2007
    2,914 Posts
    God imagine having to grind with the Japanese tanks, defiantly if the MM is the same way it is now when they add them. I can probably predict that the Japanese will have horrible low-mid tier tanks and mediocre high-tier tanks, armor wise at least. Gun-wise, we'll have to wait and see what modules Wargaming adds to the Japanese tanks.

37. Post #9477
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts

why

just... why..?

and they had the nerve to say gg

why.

anyone want my account

fucking christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #9478
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    638 Posts
    Why censor the scoreboard but not the HUD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #9479
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,216 Posts
    What was the point of censoring to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #9480
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Why censor the scoreboard but not the HUD.
    the fucks I don't give

it's edited
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)