1. Post #7241
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,256 Posts
    We all used a mod for added realism that removed red outlines + tracers + red minimap dots,
    the game should just come this way imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #7242
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,135 Posts
    That reminds me, are they ever going to make that "hardcore" mode that did all that and removed HP?
    They talked about it in the last Q/A so yeah, it's still in plans but I seriously doubt we'll see it until mid-late 2013 if even that

Really far future stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #7243
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    Played a historical battle. We all used a mod for added realism that removed red outlines + tracers + red minimap dots, and added historical tank skins for this particular desert battle + minimap for it, etc

Was really tense. We had to rely on our eyes to spot the enemies and report their positions to others etc. And wrecks didn't burn for added confusion.

We fought 5 battles overall. Managed to escape in two of them, we all got blown up in three. Random screens from all 5:
    I really wish WOT was actually like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #7244
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    It'd be a hell of a lot less populated though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #7245
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    638 Posts
    Second 122 for the SU is fucking awesome. First match I used it I got 6 kills and the sixth was a VK3001P that was 654m away. I hit him square in the rear of the tank, most satisfying kill ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #7246
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,135 Posts
    They say they need to figure out a way to make red outlines not clientside/hackable to prevent people from making them visible even when they're turned off. Same problem as they had with tracer hacks. We won't see "hardcore" before they do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

7. Post #7247
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,831 Posts
    And if they could make it so you have to manually aim the gun (as opposed to the current "gun aims itself to hit where you're pointing") that would be amazing. Would raise the skill ceiling a bit though, and I imagine Wargayming doesn't want that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #7248
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,256 Posts
    yes it would make the game a realistic simulator capable of being played by only the most hardcore simulator fans like battlefield 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #7249
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,685 Posts
    And if they could make it so you have to manually aim the gun (as opposed to the current "gun aims itself to hit where you're pointing") that would be amazing. Would raise the skill ceiling a bit though, and I imagine Wargayming doesn't want that.
    Well duh, the day it requires skill is the day a lot of their fan-base stops pouring money into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #7250
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,842 Posts
    I like how everyone here whines about lack of skill, pure grinding nature of this game, the fact that everything is unbalanced...

but yet if your amount of won rounds / rounds is smaller than 50 percent, you are bad at video games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #7251
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,685 Posts
    I like how everyone here whines about lack of skill, pure grinding nature of this game, the fact that everything is unbalanced...

but yet if your amount of won rounds / rounds is smaller than 50 percent, you are bad at video games
    Personally I believe that win ratio isn't all that important. Alot of times you just get the shit-end of the deal and have to support a fail-tacular team. You may somehow manage 8 kills a round, but if your team is shit and you end up losing anyway, well...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #7252
    Don't drunk i'm shoot!
    August 2010
    2,649 Posts
    I think damage dealt is the more important stat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #7253
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,685 Posts
    I think damage dealt is the more important stat
    That too. Often times I'll deal a bunch of damage to tanks just to have someone pop off one final shot on them before I can reload, so I'll have one or two kills but I damaged like 6 of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #7254
    January 2008
    11,842 Posts
    And what if you are a tier 4 scout getting into tier 35 fights?

Edited:

or gameS LIKE THESE WHAT THE FUCK I JUST STARTED PLAYING

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #7255
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    Personally I believe that win ratio isn't all that important. Alot of times you just get the shit-end of the deal and have to support a fail-tacular team. You may somehow manage 8 kills a round, but if your team is shit and you end up losing anyway, well...
    Scouts often get the short end of the stick too, as they heavily rely on the performance and support of their team to do well. I have had times where bush scouting as a chaffee, and the tanks don't stay back and take advantage of this. I consider an average player around 48%, thanks in part to platoons and other issues.

16. Post #7256
    January 2008
    11,842 Posts
    previous round - 7 stugs in my team

Edited:

TANK VARIETY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

17. Post #7257
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,166 Posts
    It depends, really. There are some tanks I just can't for the life of me play right, or have pure bad luck.

Despite this, I hover around 49-50%. In fact, I wouldn't be worried anywhere from 48-52% or so, I'd call that luck. 47-53% could be from a certain tank or grind the player has.

Anything over 55% makes me think that it's from platooned battles and otherwise.

Anything under 45% makes me think that this player has little clue what he's doing (at least if he's driving a tier VII or higher.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #7258
    March 2010
    4,000 Posts
    efficiency is a nice stat

19. Post #7259
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,256 Posts
    I think win ratio half depends on your choice in tanks with good stats along with player skill so it's worth noting what

It's hard not to have a 50% winrate with russian heavies while it's hard not to have under that if you're grinding the middle of the porsche line and end up on the VK3001P

20. Post #7260
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,297 Posts
    I don't know though, I have much better win ratios with tanks I enjoyed and did personally well with. For example, I believe I have around a 57% win rate with the KV-2, but haven't done a single platoon with it.

21. Post #7261
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    January 2007
    2,692 Posts
    Is that historical battle you did invite only Orkel, or can I get in on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #7262
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,135 Posts
    Is that historical battle you did invite only Orkel, or can I get in on this?
    It's something you sign up for on the forums, they happen every sunday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

23. Post #7263
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    Victory!
    Battle: Murovanka March-25-12 9:10:50 PM
    Vehicle: M24 Chaffee
    Experience received: 5,187 (x3 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 24,967
    Battle Achievements: Orlik's Medal, Sniper

Gotta love it when you get a good match for a triple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #7264
    April 2011
    2,853 Posts
    How is the King Tiger when it is stock?

I'm not even bloody close to getting it as far as credits go, and will I even be able to make any money with it non-premium?

25. Post #7265
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    297 Posts
    How is the King Tiger when it is stock?

I'm not even bloody close to getting it as far as credits go, and will I even be able to make any money with it non-premium?
    Stock KT = amazing. I could honestly probably tolerate playing it stock all the way to the e75.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #7266
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,297 Posts
    I've seriously considered completely quitting this game just because of arty. I've either been one shotted or disabled beyond being effective by arty in my last 10 matches. In most of them I was doing pretty well too.

27. Post #7267
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    What really pisses me is when I repair my ammo rack or engine just for the ammo rack to get hit again

I was destroying the fuck out of a Lorraine 40t in my E8 and he hit my rack. Repaired and BOOM, the 12t next to him hits my rack and my driver.

28. Post #7268
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    Oh, I love you, World of Tanks. Someone in an SU-100 or some TD was shot by a KV-3 behind him and called him a hacker, I responded with "calm down, dude." He sent me this after the game:

shadow___wolf*(9:13:20 PM)*dude wtf
    shadow___wolf*(9:13:30 PM)*why are you trying to start a fight you fucking cunt
    shadow___wolf*(9:14:06 PM)*you only ave 300 battles i have 10x that you have no idea what bullshit your in for in this game, just wait youll see what happens when you hit teir 6 bitch
    shadow___wolf*(9:14:18 PM)*BTW your banned from using the chat system for 1 week for harassing other players
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #7269
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Report him so he gets banned for impersonating a mod and inappropriate language
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #7270
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    Report him so he gets banned for impersonating a mod and inappropriate language
    How do you report? I haven't played nearly enough or looked at the forums enough to know where, sorry.

31. Post #7271
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #7272
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,135 Posts
    How do you report? I haven't played nearly enough or looked at the forums enough to know where, sorry.
    You need screenshots of the chat. A copypasted chatlog isn't counted as proof
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #7273
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    You need screenshots of the chat. A copypasted chatlog isn't counted as proof
    I have that, no worries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

34. Post #7274
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,702 Posts
    Anyone wanna get a company going tonight?

35. Post #7275
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,313 Posts
    Is anyone entering the machinima contest thing that they have going?

Rendering a video now but it's ShitGarbage. I'll post a rough of it in a few, Think I'm going to take out the Black & White and Film Grain though

Edit:
    Final video posted on next page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #7276
    March 2011
    5,046 Posts
    Just had a match in my chaffee from tier 5-8, or rather tier 5-6 and one 8 per side. Their tier 8 was a KV-5, ours was a type 59. By the end of the game the type 59 had 10 kills, and it was me and an M41 that dealt with KV-5.

Matchmaker should never leave a tier gap like that (exception being tier 5 lights as tier 6's)

37. Post #7277
    October 2007
    2,005 Posts
    Anyone wanna get a company going tonight?
    I'm up for it

38. Post #7278
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,212 Posts
    I have enough credits to get either the GLD or the Binocs for my 13/75, but I'm kinda stuck on which one to get. Do you guys have any ideas which one I should get? I was leaning on getting the GLD but at the same time the Binocs has a nice view boost to it.

39. Post #7279
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts

this guy got so buttmad because he and an ARL 44 rushed to the river in the middle on El Halluf, and then I drove there in the E8 quick as fuck to stop them, he rounds the corner, I track him and he can't shoot anyone, then he gets pounded to fuck by my team and I

The ARL did the same, and was like "whatever I have to go anyways lol" but the T25 got really buttmad

and when I died he started to go all "YEAH U NOOB LOOK AT HOW BAD U R" etc. Won't be surprised if I get some angry chats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #7280
    August 2010
    529 Posts
    I have enough credits to get either the GLD or the Binocs for my 13/75, but I'm kinda stuck on which one to get. Do you guys have any ideas which one I should get? I was leaning on getting the GLD but at the same time the Binocs has a nice view boost to it.
    I put a gun laying drive on mine because its not a perfect scout tank. If it were a M5 or a 50-2 or something id put binocs on it. but the 13 75 can be a pretty effective killer so i used the laying drive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)